PDA

View Full Version : PFA Scotland Manager of the year

CallumLaidlaw
25-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Ross County boss Derek Adams is on a 3 man shortlist, with Neil Lennon & Stuart McCall for the PFA Scotland Manager of the Year Award.

Well Lennon's been gifted the league, McCall's done well, but I'd go for Adams

Ozyhibby
25-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Colin Calderwood for me ;-)

blackpoolhibs
25-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Colin Calderwood for me ;-)

Its a real surprise to me he never made the shortlist.:rolleyes:

SteveHFC
25-04-2012, 03:04 PM
No Yogi on the list. I'm shocked :wink:

Andy74
25-04-2012, 03:06 PM
A bit premature, Fenlon hasn't guided one of the worst Hibs teams in history to Scottish Cup glory yet!

Danderhall Hibs
25-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Well Lennon's been gifted the league, McCall's done well, but I'd go for Adams

They're 18 points clear! If I was a Celtic fan I'd be all for giving Rangers their 10 points back just so comments like this couldn't be made.

CallumLaidlaw
25-04-2012, 03:39 PM
They're 18 points clear! If I was a Celtic fan I'd be all for giving Rangers their 10 points back just so comments like this couldn't be made.

I meant more because rangers had been very poor, blowing a large lead etc, before the deduction even took place

.Sean.
25-04-2012, 04:12 PM
If Neil Lennon wins it, it's a ****ing joke. I could manage Celtic to the title. I'd do it with a bit more class, decency and respect than that Ginger fanny aswell.

Wilson
25-04-2012, 04:14 PM
If Neil Lennon wins it, it's a ****ing joke. I could manage Celtic to the title. I'd do it with a bit more class, decency and respect than that Ginger fanny aswell.

Aye, I can tell that you're all about class, decency and respect :greengrin

Hibercelona
25-04-2012, 04:16 PM

:agree:

A managers behavior and attitude should also be taken into consideration when it comes to these awards.

muzzhfc
25-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Id say McColl or Adams, Lennon doesnt know how to conduct himself

pentlando
25-04-2012, 04:23 PM
I know they have to do these shortlists early but it seems a bit premature that McCall is there, i still fancy Dundee Utd to get 3rd which would mean over the season Peter Houston had achieved more than McCall. From the 3 provided though I'd probably go for Derek Adams. I'd imagine their gap at the top is probably one of the largest winning margins since us back in 99.

The Sea-gull
25-04-2012, 04:29 PM
These things are always done prematurely.

What if any the following happens:-

1. St Johnstone finish third.
2. Dundee United finish third.
3. Yams finish third.
4. Yams finish third and win cup.
5. Hibs stay up and win cup with our worst team in years!

Numbers 1 - 4 would p$sh all over McCall if they happened.

Praying number 4 doesn't happen!

Any Hibs manager who wins that cup is manager of the century in my eyes.

Lennon should be nowhere near it as no OF manager should get it just for winning the league.

Out of the three nominated got to be Adams as RC were nearly relegated last year.

Danderhall Hibs
25-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Id say McColl or Adams, Lennon doesnt know how to conduct himself

Didn't Adams get a 20 match ban last season? He must've been conducting himself really well? :greengrin

R'Albin
25-04-2012, 05:55 PM

My thoughts as well. I think he's been one of the worst managers in the SPL to be honest, got a ridiculously high budget compared to everyone else yet only won one trophy which was gifted to them basically.

I maybe need to take my rose tinted specs off, but I think Paddy should be a candidate. Saved a god-awful Hibs side from relegation (Hopefully!!) and gotten us to the SC final..

Or (as much as I hate to say it) PauLO SERgio, he's taken a Hearts side in turmoil to a comfortable top 6 team.

Pretty Boy
25-04-2012, 06:50 PM
McCall for me.

If they finish 3rd on his budget its some acheivement.

Kenny Shiels really deserved a mention for the cup win and, much as I hate to say it, Sergio has held things together well at Hearts.

SheriffLobo
25-04-2012, 07:03 PM
This year lennon should be remembered as the clown that managed Celtic to lose the easiest treble in the clubs history. Altho if he doesn't get it he will probably roll about on the floor kicking and screaming like ge does every time he loses. No chance of manager of the season....the James blunt award however, sure in.

Eyrie
25-04-2012, 07:33 PM
This year lennon should be remembered as the clown that managed Celtic to lose the easiest treble in the clubs history. Altho if he doesn't get it he will probably roll about on the floor kicking and screaming like ge does every time he loses. No chance of manager of the season....the James blunt award however, sure in.

Was talking with a Celtc-daft client this morning who, in between the usual claims of refereeing conspiracies based on one-off events at a game five years ago which he still recalls, conceded that Lennon is not a good manager. Likes him on a personal level but isn't happy with his tactics or inability to win big games.

Greentinted
25-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Is there any competent reason why this award (and similar) has to be shortlisted so early these days? Surely its not beyond the nous of the powers-that-be to wait until the climax of the domestic season.

FWIW:
Lennon has grossly underachieved with by far the biggest budget in the country (although it would be barry if there was something dodgy about Celtc's finances deeply concealed in a cupboard of hitherto undisturbed skeletons) and the least amount of grace and dignity.

McCall isnae a bad shout should Motherwell hang on to a CL spot.

Adams seems the best of the three given his achievements at Ross County.

But what about the likes of Houston at Dundee Utd (potential CL, playing well and currently the form team in the league), Sergio over the road and oor Paddy (both dependant on the Scottish Cup outcome)?

There are no doubt others who have done well at lower levels who deserve more recognition than they ever seem to get.

Glory Lurker
25-04-2012, 08:46 PM
There are no doubt others who have done well at lower levels who deserve more recognition than they ever seem to get.[/QUOTE]

Aye, I hesitate in saying it, but Hartley's done a great job at Alloa:shocked: It has to be Adams from that list, though.

woodythehibee
25-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Lennon surely can't win it. His team bottled it at Hampden TWICE.