PDA

View Full Version : Hibs-list / International Hibs Supporters Club Cup Final Night Oot

Jamesie
24-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Not that long ago a few of us were reminiscing about the old (pre-message board days although still in existence) yahoogroups hibs-list nights out that used to take place around Christmas time, generally in the back room of Bennets Bar in Tollcross. For anyone needing a reminder (or a fright) check out John Lowe's photos: http://www.jglowe.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Hibs/Bennets/Bennets.htm

As far as I recall the last time a similar gathering took place was probably Christmas 1998 and I think it would be a good time to resurrect this event given a good number of out of town Hibbys will be back from the Cup Final.

EDIT: We're now meeting at 7.30pm next Friday in the Perservere!

Cheers

Jamesie

jgl07
24-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Not that long ago a few of us were reminiscing about the old (pre-message board days although still in existence) yahoogroups hibs-list nights out that used to take place around Christmas time, generally in the back room of Bennets Bar in Tollcross. For anyone needing a reminder (or a fright) check out John Lowe's photos: http://www.jglowe.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Hibs/Bennets/Bennets.htm

As far as I recall the last time a similar gathering took place was probably Christmas 1998 and I think it would be a good time to resurrect this event given a good number of out of town Hibbys will be back from the Cup Final.

On that basis I'd propose a gathering on the evening of either Wednesday 16 or Thursday 17 May at Bennets. I suspect the latter might be more popular in terms of people's travelling arrangements and when they’re arriving into town but if you could drop me a PM letting me know if you'd be interested and which night you’d prefer we can see what works best for people.

Cheers

Jamesie

I would be up for that.

I didn't realize that those photos were still up there. I had even forgotten that that site existed.

John

Jamesie
01-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Think we might be moving this to the Friday and on a more easterly side of town - John, is that still good for you?

Jonnyboy
01-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Think we might be moving this to the Friday and on a more easterly side of town - John, is that still good for you?

Percy - Friday evening J?

Jamesie
01-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Percy - Friday evening J?

That was what I was thinking J! :aok:

Jonnyboy
01-05-2012, 09:23 PM
That was what I was thinking J! :aok:

Good man :thumbsup:

ginger_eejit
02-05-2012, 04:51 AM
Bugger - I'm going to be in Windermere from the 12th to the morning of the 19th (Here's hoping there's not your usual rail **** ups the morning of the cup final as I've to get from Windermere to Glasgow!)

Looks like I'll not be able to make the IHSC catchup

Maybe catchup for a celebratory pint or two the week after Jamesie?

jgl07
03-05-2012, 05:30 PM

Fine with me.

Have you posted this on Hibs-list?

Also many of the old crowd are on Real Hibs-net.

HibsMax
05-05-2012, 02:46 PM
*bump*

Are we just turning up or is there any need to make some calls? I just don't know how many people are expected to turn up.

Cheers, Max

HibsMax
10-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Fine with me.

Have you posted this on Hibs-list?

Also many of the old crowd are on Real Hibs-net.

Damn, I forgot about that site! I don't even have an account over there. Brian has been immense at including everyone but I don't know if those guys were on the list, or if they even have Overseas fans as part of their makeup. I'll figure that out.

Jamesie
11-05-2012, 12:24 PM
*bump*

Are we just turning up or is there any need to make some calls? I just don't know how many people are expected to turn up.

Cheers, Max

I have no idea how many yet eithe rMax. I've had about half a dozen definites, but no more than that. I guess we just turn up - it's a reasonably big pub. See you there at 7.30pm next Friday!

Craig_in_Prague
11-05-2012, 12:36 PM
If I wasn't staying the other end of town (west side), I'd probably have had popped in for a few.

Pity!

jgl07
18-05-2012, 09:59 PM
There was a good turnout at the Persevere tonight from a number of Continents.