PDA

View Full Version : Irvine Welsh Talks books and Hibs

H18sry
24-04-2012, 06:24 PM
http://www.tv3.ie/videos.php?video=47790&locID=1.&page=1 :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
24-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Just started reading Skagboys, seems good so far.

Think Irvine is back in Edinburgh at the moment as the launch was at The Caves on Friday.

Wonder how he's getting his ticket for the final? Gloryhunter!

Jamesie
24-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Read Skagboys from start to finish in the space of 72 hours - immense and would thoroughly recommend it! :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
24-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Read Skagboys from start to finish in the space of 72 hours - immense and would thoroughly recommend it! :thumbsup:

He seems to be right back on form at the moment.

I really liked Crime and a couple of the stories in if you liked school you'll love work.

madabouthibs
24-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Think Irvine is back in Edinburgh at the moment as the launch was at The Caves on Friday.

Saw him in the East on Sunday, so yes, he is in Edinburgh. :agree:

hibbybob
24-04-2012, 09:23 PM
I thought the dedication to Alan Gordon "the leader of the team" was a really nice touch.

monktonharp
24-04-2012, 09:33 PM
I've never met the man, but saw him on a train from Wien to Maribor, and there was a carraige of approx. 30 Hibbies in ours. he seemed disinterested and did not want to join us. to be fair, he is fairly well known and maybe did not want to get into any "situation" so decided to keep a low profile. still think he could have mixed with his fellow Hibbies on that long train journey though

joe breezy
24-04-2012, 10:05 PM
I've never met the man, but saw him on a train from Wien to Maribor, and there was a carraige of approx. 30 Hibbies in ours. he seemed disinterested and did not want to join us. to be fair, he is fairly well known and maybe did not want to get into any "situation" so decided to keep a low profile. still think he could have mixed with his fellow Hibbies on that long train journey though

Do you walk up to strangers and start speaking to them for the sake of it when you're already with your pals?

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-04-2012, 10:20 PM
I remember him being on the train coming back from the Livvy Final IIRC and him and his American bird/wife of the time were chatting away nae bother.

He had a lot more trouble talking sitting in a beer garden in Dnipro for pretty obvious reasons!

Mikeystewart
24-04-2012, 10:30 PM
http://www.tv3.ie/videos.php?video=47790&locID=1.&page=1 :thumbsup:

Got the impression from the last 30 seconds of that interview he would of happily stayed another hour to chat about Hibs and the SC.

D7 Bohs
24-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Got the impression from the last 30 seconds of that interview he would of happily stayed another hour to chat about Hibs and the SC.

He came to Dalymount fairly regularly when he lived in Dublin so he was familiar with Nutsy before most Hibs fans....