PDA

View Full Version : Student season tickets

sammy7
24-04-2012, 04:06 PM
does anyone know if you can buy a student season ticket if you are a part time student?

hibees4life89
24-04-2012, 04:09 PM
does anyone know if you can buy a student season ticket if you are a part time student?

I think so. If you have a student card in sure you are entitled to buy a student season ticket. I bought mines yesterday with no problems and student card was all that was required.

Ross4356
24-04-2012, 04:10 PM
You need a matriculation card, if u have 1 then i don't see why not

sammy7
24-04-2012, 04:20 PM

thanks, just not wanting to go down and be turned away for a student season ticket!

jgl07
24-04-2012, 04:23 PM

You may get away with it if the person in the office does not understand how to read the card.

If it was the case then anyone who was able to enroll on an extramural course in basket weaving would be able to get a cheap season ticket.

Stantons Angel
24-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Technically you have to be a FULL time student in further education!
The matriculation card and the letter of offer from the University/College should be shown also.?

sammy7
24-04-2012, 04:32 PM
thanks dont want to risk going all the way down there to be turned away, might have to save hard!

Cauld Bovril
24-04-2012, 04:37 PM
I had to show my matric card and will have to show them next terms one before Oct 1st or pay full price. Mine`s full time though, not sure about part time but i`d give it a go.

killie-hibby
24-04-2012, 04:42 PM

At your own risk. The downloadable application form does not differentiate between part time and full time. I am sure the application pack posted out recently, stated you must be a full time student. IMOP SPL clubs should be charging adults £200 and all others £100, therefore students and the rest of us are being grossly overcharged for a p--s poor product. Use the downloadable form and make sure you have a valid matriculation card or letter from your college/university indicating your card will be issued during Aug/Sept.

DH1875
24-04-2012, 06:19 PM

What's the difference between this and the student card you get from your college :confused:.

Nakedmanoncrack
24-04-2012, 06:20 PM
I had to show my matric card and will have to show them next terms one before Oct 1st or pay full price. Mine`s full time though, not sure about part time but i`d give it a go.

Does the card say if you are part time or full time?
Don't think mine did when I had one (part time on release from work) and was able to get concession tickets.

Edinburgh Green
24-04-2012, 07:04 PM
What's the difference between this and the student card you get from your college :confused:.

No difference, it's the same thing.

PatHead
24-04-2012, 07:07 PM
You need to show a card which shows you are a full time student and be able to prove you will continue to be a full time student next year. If you can't your card will cease to work past October. Son had to prove he was full time last year.

DH1875
24-04-2012, 07:16 PM
No difference, it's the same thing.

There all different though :confused:.

Edinburgh Green
24-04-2012, 07:21 PM
There all different though :confused:.

A matriculation card is just a fancy term for a student card. It basically means that you are registered to that college/uni.

sambajustice
24-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Im hoping to get a student card tomorrow. If so, i'll prob go buy a season ticket at some point soon!

FOr the price, games against Raith, Cowdenbeath and morton will still be worth the money if the worst happens! :greengrin

iwasthere1972
24-04-2012, 07:31 PM
My mate Abejide who lives in Nigeria reckons he can get me a student card. :greengrin

Cauld Bovril
24-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Does the card say if you are part time or full time?
Don't think mine did when I had one (part time on release from work) and was able to get concession tickets.

No, it doesn`t. Just name, number, college, department and a picture of a very handsome chap.

Speedy
24-04-2012, 09:46 PM
A matriculation card is just a fancy term for a student card. It basically means that you are registered to that college/uni.

This.

It's the card you get when you register.

monktonharp
24-04-2012, 10:14 PM
thanks dont want to risk going all the way down there to be turned away, might have to save hard!do explain Sammy, do you suddenly think we'll have a fantastic season next year so you better get a ST?:wink:parents are what students think they are for: keeping their kids afloat, even if it's not true that money grows on trees:greengrin

sammy7
25-04-2012, 09:52 AM
No monk I don't. However I gave my ST up last season, after 12 years and now am left without a final ticket. So am prepared to fall into the palm of Rods hand and buy one for next season to go to the final. Just wondered if a part time student can get a student ST

sambajustice
01-05-2012, 02:28 PM
No monk I don't. However I gave my ST up last season, after 12 years and now am left without a final ticket. So am prepared to fall into the palm of Rods hand and buy one for next season to go to the final. Just wondered if a part time student can get a student ST

Did you get a season ticket then with your part time status as a student?? Or did hibs knock you back??

DH1875
01-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Im hoping to get a student card tomorrow. If so, i'll prob go buy a season ticket at some point soon!

How does that work? College or Uni doesn't start till end of August at the earliest. How you getting a card before term even starts :confused:.

jgl07
01-05-2012, 05:00 PM
How does that work? College or Uni doesn't start till end of August at the earliest. How you getting a card before term even starts :confused:.

I think he expects to pick up a forged card? :wink:

frazeHFC
01-05-2012, 05:09 PM

If you are a student you can get a card any time, but obv most get it at the start of their course. But yeah i think he means a fake one.

Hfc_Since1875
01-05-2012, 05:34 PM
You need to show a valid student card by the 1st of October 2012,
If you are enrolling for next year you will have your card by then.
If you dont show it then you are required to pay the full adult price

EH75
01-05-2012, 06:04 PM
I have had a student season ticket for the last 4 years. Pretty sure I have only had to go into the ticket office with my student card once to actually prove it. That was last year when they phoned me asking me to come in and they scanned the student card. Never had to present it this year or the season before last. So they might not even ask to see it. Not sure if this is done on a random basis or if I have just been lucky.

sambajustice
01-05-2012, 06:17 PM
I think he expects to pick up a forged card? :wink:

No No, i started a course last week that runs until next May. We need a student card/number etc to be enrolled on the course and also to access computers and other general facilities.

Im hoping i get it tomorrow and that it will enable to get me a season ticket