PDA

View Full Version : Who is flying back fom Sydney for the final and how?

Graham Law
24-04-2012, 12:38 AM
I am about to book my flights and was wondering if anyone else has either booked or booking their flights back from Sydney to Edinburgh.

Virgin have a $2000 return Sydney - Edinburgh (direct flight) fare on the website just now and before booking was wondering how the rest of the Sydney Hibs fans are getting back ?

Graham

Lucius Apuleius
24-04-2012, 05:30 AM
I am about to book my flights and was wondering if anyone else has either booked or booking their flights back from Sydney to Edinburgh.

Virgin have a $2000 return Sydney - Edinburgh (direct flight) fare on the website just now and before booking was wondering how the rest of the Sydney Hibs fans are getting back ?

Graham

Sydney to Embra direct!!! Bloody impressed. Never had that in my day.

hibbymac
24-04-2012, 07:41 AM

Graham

I would double check if it is "Direct" as there are no Australian flights to or from Edinburgh, also Virgin don't have flights to or from Edinburgh.

It may be Via London or Amsterdam, but worth checking.

GGTTH

Sproule Three
24-04-2012, 08:07 AM
[QUOTE=hibbymac;3194747]I would double check if it is "Direct" as there are no Australian flights to or from Edinburgh, also Virgin don't have flights to or from Edinburgh.

It may be Via London or Amsterdam, but worth checking.

GGTTH[/QUOTE

I know two guys going on Air China with a 7 hour stopover in Beijing.

southfieldhibby
24-04-2012, 08:44 AM

Graham

Doesn't make much odds, but it deffo won't be direct.It will go thru either Hong Kong or Kuala Lumpur then London as well.Only way to get back to Scotland from Oz stopping once is Emirates via Dubai to Glasgow.

JON6207
24-04-2012, 10:09 AM
im going from Melbourne through Sydney then through the USA. return for 1400aud.

JimBHibees
24-04-2012, 10:50 AM
I would assume there would at least have to be a stop for refuelling from Sydney to Edinburgh.

pampdahoosmoose
24-04-2012, 10:53 AM

Graham

i'm booked from Sydney to Glasgow with KLM, stopping at Kuala Lumpur and Amsterdam. It cost about $2150

Hongkong Phooey
24-04-2012, 10:58 AM
I know two guys going on Air China with a 7 hour stopover in Beijing.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Leave the airport, get a taxi to The Den (next door to Hooters), much fun will be had in 7 hours. Just a pub before anyone asks (!) but a bloody good 'un.

Graham Law
25-04-2012, 11:47 PM
Flight indeed does refuel at Hongkong and then change at London for Edinburgh. By direct what I meant to say is there is no long stop over anywehere as i am not sure we even get off the plane at Hongkong ? and then change at London is only 1hr 15mins

Anyone flown with Virgin on this flight before ? Any good or bad reports ?

GGTTH

SouthamptonHibs
26-04-2012, 06:03 AM
Flight indeed does refuel at Hongkong and then change at London for Edinburgh. By direct what I meant to say is there is no long stop over anywehere as i am not sure we even get off the plane at Hongkong ? and then change at London is only 1hr 15mins

GGTTH

Graham have u sorted yourself out with a ticket mate for the game? How r u planning to get through to Hampden? Mind u if u've worked out how to get from Oz to Edinburgh im sure u've already sorted out the 50 mile hike to Glasgow hail hail

ozhibs
26-04-2012, 06:14 AM
i'm booked from Sydney to Glasgow with KLM, stopping at Kuala Lumpur and Amsterdam. It cost about $2150

I Booked this way as well leaving on the 13th but I stuffed up i did not see the 15hr "break" in KL I got it for $1000 plus my altitude points.

scott7_0(Prague)
26-04-2012, 06:22 AM

GGTTH

You in fact don't get of the plane if your onward to LHR, you will have people getting off and on, but that's only the HK travelers and then the HK to LHR travelers and most probably a crew change. 1.30mins on the ground i believe.

Sproule Three
28-04-2012, 12:52 PM

When you going over. My chances of getting there just increased big time. Saw $1958 leaving Thursday afternoon. Just a few more friendly interactions with the wife and work and it's on, :thumbsup:

Greenio
28-04-2012, 10:34 PM

GGTTH

I've done this flight. Not good I'm afraid, food, entertainment, service and seats all bad. Qatar is the best, is say virgin is the worst. But then to the other boys flying air China, oooft, that will be a nightmare, 2 stop offs in China and you don't even get a telly!

Still, will be worth it when we win I'm sure!

Safe travels

Newbury Hibee
29-04-2012, 01:13 AM
I've done this flight. Not good I'm afraid, food, entertainment, service and seats all bad. Qatar is the best, is say virgin is the worst. But then to the other boys flying air China, oooft, that will be a nightmare, 2 stop offs in China and you don't even get a telly!

Still, will be worth it when we win I'm sure!

Safe travels

I would fly back from Sydney but not without a ticket. So if anyone in Sydney (or elsewhere for that matter) has a membership that they are not using.....Sydney - Dubai - Glasgow is best bet for a weekend trip. Sydney - LHR - Edinburgh with any of Virgin, Cathay etc will be as good. As long as you don't go Qantas or BA you should be fine.

Plan B is Scruffy Murphys in Goulburn Street, Sydney - the designated Hibs pub in Sydney!

pampdahoosmoose
29-04-2012, 01:21 AM
When you going over. My chances of getting there just increased big time. Saw $1958 leaving Thursday afternoon. Just a few more friendly interactions with the wife and work and it's on, :thumbsup:
I leave on Sunday 13th arrive Monday morning then return Monday 21st get back in Sydney Tuesday night.

pampdahoosmoose
29-04-2012, 01:24 AM
I Booked this way as well leaving on the 13th but I stuffed up i did not see the 15hr "break" in KL I got it for $1000 plus my altitude points.

I'm leaving on the 13th as well but I'm only in KL for about 2 hours, my flight leaves Sydney at 2 pm and arrives Glasgow 7.45 am on the 14th

Steve-O
29-04-2012, 03:36 AM

Deserting the Scruffys crew?!

SpiderHibs
29-04-2012, 11:58 AM
We flew Virgin two years ago and they were fine. I would fly them again.

jockodile
29-04-2012, 12:59 PM
i ended up taking advantage of the United sale and going to spend the week in the States afore the match.
Syd-San Fran-New York-Reekie

Sproule Three
30-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Deserting the Scruffys crew?!

Not now I'm staying in Sydney
Have to be back at work which means returning Sunday morning after arriving Friday afternoon. Spend more time in air than I would be in Scotland .

Steve-O
01-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Not now I'm staying in Sydney
Have to be back at work which means returning Sunday morning after arriving Friday afternoon. Spend more time in air than I would be in Scotland .

It's a tough call. The time off aspect ultimately scunnered me as well.

Oh well, back to the original call of see you there!