PDA

View Full Version : Coincidences

WHUHibs
23-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Havent been on for a while not sure if this subject has been discussed about things pointing towards hibs breaking the spell over our rivals and the cup!

Today through a quirk of circumstances I have just seen a letter written by a member of the clery in 1956 about his affiliations with hibs and not seeing his beloved club winning the cup. He made it quite clear that we would meet hearts and win the final in 2012. The Scotsman has the letter and will decide when they print it, possibly after the final.

Thought it was interesting and I will take any feel good factors that produce positive thinking towards the biggest game we have ever had!!!

clerriehibs
23-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Did the clerrie inn exist in '56??

WHUHibs
23-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Did the clerrie inn exist in '56??

Sorry clergy!

biffo1875
23-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Havent been on for a while not sure if this subject has been discussed about things pointing towards hibs breaking the spell over our rivals and the cup!

Today through a quirk of circumstances I have just seen a letter written by a member of the clery in 1956 about his affiliations with hibs and not seeing his beloved club winning the cup. He made it quite clear that we would meet hearts and win the final in 2012. The Scotsman has the letter and will decide when they print it, possibly after the final.

Thought it was interesting and I will take any feel good factors that produce positive thinking towards the biggest game we have ever had!!!

1+9+0+2=12 what year is it :hmmm::hmmm:

Last Minute
23-04-2012, 05:13 PM
1+9+0+2=12 what year is it :hmmm::hmmm:

Last time we won it in 1902 Edinburgh was laying tram lines :hmmm: :hmmm:

erin go bragh
23-04-2012, 08:30 PM
The last time our manager was irish [ Dan Mcmichael ],we won the cup in 1902 :cb
ggtth

Northernhibee
23-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Not so much a coincidence, but an ex-Jambo I know who has never been shy of sticking the boot in when we lose has been convinced for a while that this year is our year, and has punted money on us winning the final.

They're not confident at all :flag:

Springbank
23-04-2012, 09:27 PM
I get my hair cut at hair by Alfie on fleshmarket close. It's usually a Shan haircut. But this month, different story! Alfie's first decent haircut since 1902 !!!!

WellingtonHibby
24-04-2012, 01:22 AM
I get my hair cut at hair by Alfie on fleshmarket close. It's usually a Shan haircut. But this month, different story! Alfie's first decent haircut since 1902 !!!!

Why do you keep going back, then?

KWJ
24-04-2012, 03:42 AM
That's quite freaky. Did he predict many other things? The Hibee Nostradamus!

overdrive
24-04-2012, 06:38 AM
The manager of the league winners is Irish. The manager of the League Cup winners is Irish. Will it be a clean sweep for Irish managers?

(I know technically it doesn't work as Lennon and Shiels are Northern Irish whereas Fenlon is from the Republic.)

LeithBoozy
24-04-2012, 03:51 PM
McKenzie & Millar the undertakers on Great junction St, have just had their window surrounds painted Green. From you have guess it, from Maroon.

leither17
24-04-2012, 03:59 PM
McKenzie & Millar the undertakers on Great junction St, have just had their window surrounds painted Green. From you have guess it, from Maroon.

Haha aye that's right I thought that when I was walking along the other morning

Delboy4
25-04-2012, 11:08 AM
World’s first Black football player who played in Scotland and died in 1902

Andrew Watson
Team – Queens Park Rangers, Glasgow
Home ground – Old Hampden
Country of birth – Guyana
Guyana’s home strip – Hibs strip, with white socks…! :thumbsup:

He is a hugely important figure within football. He captained Scotland against England, which was absolutely the highest accolade you could have at the time.

Could he be looking down on us and shouting on the almighty Hibees thinking it is Guyana playing? :wink: :greengrin