PDA

View Full Version : 4 top flight Swiss teams refused licence to play due to financial concerns

jonty
23-04-2012, 02:39 PM
4 of the 10 teams in Switzerland's top-flight Axpo Super League have been refused licence to play in 2012-13 season on financial concerns

A sign of things to come?

edit: link
http://fourfourtwo.com/news/restofeurope/100112/default.aspx

FC Zurich and Young Boys - two of Switzerland's biggest clubs - are among four top-flight teams who have been refused a licence to compete in the country's first division next season, the league said on Monday. Sion, deducted 36 points this season in a legal row, and financially-troubled Servette Geneva were also turned down in the first instance as the league got tough following a year which saw Neuchatel Xamax kicked out of the championship.

Mikey
23-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Hopefully.

soupy
23-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Sounds promising.....

Saorsa
23-04-2012, 02:46 PM
A sign of things to come?Hopefully but I wouldnae haud my breath waiting for the clowns that run the game in this country tae get things done properly and take the appropriate action. They've got their heids buried too far up the OF erse and are mair concerned with trying tae make up new rules and find ways tae make sure the stickies are playing top flight fitba next season tae pay much attention tae anything else.

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Yams please...the sooner the better

lyonhibs
23-04-2012, 02:48 PM
A sign of things to come?

edit: link
http://fourfourtwo.com/news/restofeurope/100112/default.aspx

For god sake, I'm moving to Zurich in the summer - nae fitba for me then I guess!!!!

Schwein!!

But, if it happens to HOMFC and/or RFC, then it will be a stellar and correct decision.

Virginia Hibs
23-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Servette play in maroon anyway so serves them right!

Maybe they can have a benefit game wi the Yams to raise some money.....brothers across the alps and all that.....raise the best part of a tenner probably! :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
23-04-2012, 05:38 PM
I presume that the Swiss league doesnt have a TV deal then, because as far as I am led to believe its financial insanity to chuck even one of your big clubs in those circumstances.

Isnt it ?

Viva_Palmeiras
23-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Fancy that - you'd imagine there'd be enough financiers in Switzerland to ensure that things were in order! Or failing that sort out a loan or five?About effing time this game of lemmings ended - hopefully with Blatter and his cronies beingPushed off the cliff ;)

p=sh
24-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Servette play in maroon anyway so serves them right!

Yep, I went to see them when they won the "promotion Play Off" against Bellinzone last May and it was really spooky being surrounded by so much Maroon.
[I think they call it "grenadine" but to me it's maroon...]

I hope they manage to stay up because it would be great if they got into Europe and we drew them. You would think a city as rich as Geneva would have no problems funding one football team but history says otherwise. I guess the big banking guys just do not want to take the risk of any possible financial mismanagement, like they had with the last owner.

Pete

p=sh
24-04-2012, 10:32 AM
For god sake, I'm moving to Zurich in the summer - nae fitba for me then I guess!!!!

Don't forget Grasshoppers. Not sure I could actually support a team with a name like that though.