PDA

View Full Version : Whats your most prized piece of Hibs memorabilia?

persevere1875
23-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Whats your most prized piece of Hibs memorabilia and would you swap it for a cup final ticket ?

Amongst the many items I have, Ive got a framed and signed hibs top signed by Craig and Charlie Reid, much as i love it I'd gladly pass it on for a cup final ticket, what Hibs item would you willingly give up to get your hands on a ticket ?

Mikey
23-04-2012, 02:31 PM
I've got a winners medal from the 1887 Rosebery Cup, won by my great Grandfather.

No I wouldn't :greengrin

SteveHFC
23-04-2012, 02:34 PM
I'am already guranteed a ticket for the final :cb

But if i needed a ticket. I would swap my 6-2 programme for a ticket :aok:

Hal Jordan
23-04-2012, 02:35 PM
My 1991 away top.
A old derby ticket signed by Jimmy Boco.

Would consider swapping the ticket :wink:

Pete
23-04-2012, 02:48 PM
My pair of magic white socks. All I do is put them on and victory is guaranteed.

I'll swap them for two tickets.

JohnStephens91
23-04-2012, 02:53 PM
I have a match worn Kenny Miller shirt which is signed by him as well. I also have a match worn Eric Schaedler shirt and I wouldn't swap any of them for a ticket.

scott7_0(Prague)
23-04-2012, 02:53 PM
My brothers renewed season ticket allowing me a ticket for the cup final.

and no.

N.Wales Hibby
23-04-2012, 02:58 PM
My Hibs top signed by Pat Stanton and Lawrie Reilly and my seat from the old west stand.....NEVER.

MacBean
23-04-2012, 03:02 PM
I have a signed home top from the 2007 League Cup winning team (signed a few weeks after the cup win), framed with a wee engraving at the bottom. I'd happily trade that for TWO tickets :wink:

I also have a signed away strip from 2003(yellow) that I'd be willing to trade for tickets. Brown, Thomson, Riordan, O'Connor, etc...

cocopops1875
23-04-2012, 03:10 PM
As I get a ticket I wouldn't swap any of mine match worn katie,colgan,brown ,thicot, hanlon, Murray and o'Connor shirts and a pair of the monks gloves and pair of stackys gloves , however I would swap it all for the win

Reaper
23-04-2012, 04:19 PM
My Sauzee flag and no I wouldn't.....................................broon o would kill me

http://www.barmyflags.co.uk/flags/20081231175841.jpg

leemel
23-04-2012, 04:42 PM
I would swap my Skol cup winners top.original not last years remake :-)

Beefster
23-04-2012, 04:53 PM
This probably sounds tragic written down but my old dear is cross-stitch daft and did me a Sauzee one when he was in his Hibs prime. It looks like a photo unless you're close up and I love it. There's no way I'd swap it for a ticket.

I have a ball signed by the squad of the Darren Jackson era which I'd happily swap though.

Pretty Boy
23-04-2012, 05:56 PM
I've got a programme from the 4-4 game v Barcelona and a pewter ashtray in the shape of Camp Nou that was gifted to Hibs players after the same tie.

My grandad played in said games. He also played in, and lost, a Scottish Cup final vs Clyde. My cousin has that medal.

I wouldn't swap any for a ticket.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2012, 06:05 PM
0-7 program signed by first team, framed jersey with 6 Stewart on the back signed ( won in a raffle) nearly every away top since 1984 and no I wouldn't swap them as I dont need a ticket

JennaFletcher
23-04-2012, 06:07 PM
I recently purchased a Hibs programme from the 60s... THEE programme of the match vs Real Madrid that Hibs won 2-0 :greengrin Only a tenner on eBay, I'm chuffed to bits.

I reckon I would sell it for a final ticket though, but I've already applied for my ticket :aok:

andy1875
23-04-2012, 06:16 PM
I've got the canvas painting of Yogi and Sauzee (with Le Gods autograph) on it that takes pride of place in my living room wall. The rest of the room was decorated around this focal point. Cushions, curtains, rug all match the Hibs green in Francks top :greengrin

So for that reason I couldn't sell it!

I also have a programme from that game signed by all the squad as got into players lounge after that 3-0 millenium derby thrashing!

GGTTH

Westie1875
23-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Signed Latapy 6-2 shirt, tough one but I don't think I could part with it. Thankfully I am already guaranteed a ticket. :aok:

Big Frank
23-04-2012, 06:43 PM
I've got a winners medal from the 1887 Rosebery Cup, won by my great Grandfather.

I've got a programme from the 4-4 game v Barcelona and a pewter ashtray in the shape of Camp Nou that was gifted to Hibs players after the same tie.

My grandad played in said games. He also played in, and lost, a Scottish Cup final vs Clyde. My cousin has that medal.

:top marks

tremendous! Insanely jealous!!

glenberviehibee
23-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Whats your most prized piece of Hibs memorabilia and would you swap it for a cup final ticket ?

Amongst the many items I have, Ive got a framed and signed hibs top signed by Craig and Charlie Reid, much as i love it I'd gladly pass it on for a cup final ticket, what Hibs item would you willingly give up to get your hands on a ticket ?

I have an old west stand seat with the match programme from the last game before it was demolished (dundee 2nd Jan 2001) with the 2 match tickets on it with Franck Sauzee,Mixu ,David Zitelli,John O Neil and Nick Colgans Autographs on the tickets

No i wouldnt trade them

persevere1875
23-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Mmmmm suddenly my Hibs top signed by the Reid brothers doesnt sound so good :confused: If someone wants to swap their spare ticket for a piece of Hibs memorabilia I think I might be fairly far down the line :greengrin Some of the stuff listed here is what dreams are made of, Ive got another one signed by the Blobby Williamson squad but dont think that'll be trumping anything

HibeeDave
23-04-2012, 07:18 PM
I have a ball signed by the squad from Latapy/Sauzee era.

Latapy 6-2 signed picture

and the wife got me a framed picture of the old main stand in it's final game against Dundee

Bristolhibby
23-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Got a framed shirt signed by the 2007 Cup winning team wishing me good luck on my wedding (great work by my best men)

A c2004 signed Hibs ball

A Black Carling sponsored away shirt (made for the 2005 Uefa Cup campaign (that lasted 2 games against Dnipro)), signed by Mogga. There is a similar shirt in the Harp & Castle.

J

Hibernia Na Eir
23-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Players top fae 81, Fishers Alfa Romeo sponsor, just a lovely shirt.

TRC
23-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Ball signed by the 2007 cup winning team

Iggy Pope
23-04-2012, 07:49 PM

Mouth watering. Only two places for things like these - your own houses, or the ER Boardroom.

Pretty Boy, your Grandfather wouldn't be Tommy Preston would it?

(Mikey, I couldn't begin to guess about yours, but you certainly come from the right stock mate!)

Mark79
23-04-2012, 07:52 PM
I have a pair of Alan o'briens gloves.

edinburghhibee
23-04-2012, 07:53 PM
I have two prized possessions:

1: A ball from the Ayr Utd game which has been signed by the whole team now, and

2: I won the Happy Hibee half time draw yesterday so I have a shirt signed by all the Scottish Cup Champions 2012 :greengrin

:flag::flag::thumbsup::flag::flag:

Lucky_Jim
23-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Mogga's club tie, which he put round my neck as the Ukranian polis marched me off the Dnipro pitch after my one man pitch invasion. It only ever gets worn into work on the Monday after a derby success. Unfortunately it's no been worn for some time, but desperately hope it's on show on Monday 21st May!

MWHIBBIES
23-04-2012, 08:11 PM
The shirt I wore to the 2007 CIS Cup final signed by the whole squad from that day

No chance :greengrin

Pretty Boy
23-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Mouth watering. Only two places for things like these - your own houses, or the ER Boardroom.

Pretty Boy, your Grandfather wouldn't be Tommy Preston would it?

(Mikey, I couldn't begin to guess about yours, but you certainly come from the right stock mate!)

Not Tommy Preston.

You can have another guess if you like :-)

Iggy Pope
23-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Not Tommy Preston.

You can have another guess if you like :-)

:greengrin

John Grant? Sammy Baird? (I'm guessing it can't be the Baker Boy or we would surely have known before now?)

Viva_Palmeiras
23-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Whats your most prized piece of Hibs memorabilia and would you swap it for a cup final ticket ?Amongst the many items I have, Ive got a framed and signed hibs top signed by Craig and Charlie Reid, much as i love it I'd gladly pass it on for a cup final ticket, what Hibs item would you willingly give up to get your hands on a ticket ?Saw one of them walking down Lothian road today resplendent in black and Adidas Sambas :)

Viva_Palmeiras
23-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Can we not have a proclaimers smiley?

Bostonhibby
23-04-2012, 08:56 PM
I have a pair of Alan o'briens gloves.

Swap you for my daughters terrapin, it only died at Christmas - you could probably chuck in a couple of quid to balance the deal out :wink:

Bostonhibby
23-04-2012, 09:04 PM
0-7 Programme signed by the late great Alan Gordon

Original Press photo of Pat Stanton in his debut season which he autographed

Original Press photo of Gordon Smith scoring the opener against Hearts in the 1950 New Years day game with a backdrop of the old east packed full to its old uncovered capacity.

Hibs - V - Stade Rheim European Cup Semi program which has been in my family for as long as I can remember.

Lucky hat from the 1972 cup win.

And I wouldn't part with any of them for a ticket.

Pretty Boy
23-04-2012, 09:20 PM
:greengrin

John Grant? Sammy Baird? (I'm guessing it can't be the Baker Boy or we would surely have known before now?)

Not the Baker boy but another Joe.

Joe McClelland.

Billy McKirdy
23-04-2012, 09:21 PM
A signed programme of most of the players who played in the Skol Festival Trophy tournament, I stood outside Easter Road for ages waiting for all the players to emerge, I remember being very excited getting Ally Brazil's, funny cos I now work beside him :wink:
Wouldn'y swap it for anything, but I've got a ticket for the final so what do I care? :greengrin

fatbloke
23-04-2012, 09:34 PM
I have three pieces - bottle of red wine bottled and labelled Hibernian FC Skol Cup Winners 1991. A small ceramic brown Hibernian teddy bear in a Whyte and Mackay full strip, attention to detail is phenomenal, which sits on a wooden plinth with a silver engraved plaque about 16 inches high, one of its's kind in the world, which was made by cons in Shotts Prison given to me by an ex-warder and my original share certificate for 1000 shares which I still own, pity they will not get me a cup final ticket.

Holmesdale Hibs
23-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Ticket from 3-0 Ivan-hatrick game at castle greyskul signed by the man himself. I have it framed with a copy of the photo of boozy picking him up on front of the Hibs fans.

The Harp
23-04-2012, 11:26 PM
[QUOTE=Pretty Boy;3194449]Not the Baker boy but another Joe.

Joe McClelland.

Your Grandfather was a great servant to Hibs.
Have many happy memories of him turning out at ER in the 50's and 60's - always gave 100%.
Can't believe it's 13 years since Joe passed away - God bless him.

Sandy
24-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Home top signed by Le God saying 'best wishes Sandy', and since I can't go to the final anyway NO WAY.

weststandhibby
24-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Framed Evening News 1972 League Cup Winners poster; 0-7 programme and George Best autographed book from when he did the signings at Sunnyside

and i have a ticket for the final :flag:

neilmartinrocks
24-04-2012, 03:02 PM
A pair of Russell Latapay's boot laces and no, wouldn't swap for a ticket.
:flag::flag:

Phil MaGlass
24-04-2012, 03:13 PM
I had absolutely loads of memorobelia etc, but some junkie bassa nicked it all,:dunno: one of Bertie Aulds cigar cases, a Hibs top given to me by Mr Auld when he opened Thomsons Sports just off PrincessStreet. signed fitba, old strips, programmes, George Best autograph. Autograph book with a whole seasons autographs,from almost every home game(when I was 13ish). Scarves, hats, sweatbands all autographed, old signs from the old stadium. List is endless, piece of ER turf....
Wish I had them back, not worth anything to anyone except me.
My most famous piece is my Scottish Cup Final winners stub, next month.

hibbybrian
24-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Not a patch on some but I'd say mine are

Players photos and autographs 1931
Team photo and autographs 1934
Team & management autographs 1944
Team & management autographs 1946
Team & trainer autographs 1949
Hibs Programme April 1935

I have a ticket for the final but wouldn't swap if I didn't :cb

Iggy Pope
24-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Not the Baker boy but another Joe.

Joe McClelland.

You put me out my misery, good man and you must be proud.