PDA

View Full Version : NHC Marriage proposal.

CB_NO3
22-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Does anyone know the result of the marriage proposal at HT in the West stand? Am sure it was a woman asking the man, but turns out he was no where to be seen. Did the guy bottle it or was it a complete misunderstanding.

sleeping giant
22-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Not sure as i spent the whole time looking for the guy with the mic:confused: Where was he ?

Craig McEwen didn't want to come off either :greengrin

Hibbyradge
22-04-2012, 11:22 PM
I think the guy ran away!

The poor woman must be mortified.

JennaFletcher
22-04-2012, 11:46 PM
Hope it was a misunderstanding. There is really no excuse in running away if your doting partner wants to marry you - should be flattered! Could at least have the decency to reply in a kind and curteous manner instead of being a coward IMO.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-04-2012, 04:50 AM
29th of Feb was the day for her to ask - them is da rulez ;)

Not a good time to be caught "saying your prayers" in the bogs.

I suppose if he is a really private person he's likely to have not liked being put on the spot like that - he might have preferred something more intimate- if so she's completely misjudged him.

Whatever way there's some awkward moments ahead for that relationship!
Oops !!!

Viva_Palmeiras
23-04-2012, 04:54 AM
Does anyone know the result of the marriage proposal at HT in the West stand? Am sure it was a woman asking the man, but turns out he was no where to be seen. Did the guy bottle it or was it a complete misunderstanding.

Note to the "players" out there - if you're gonna cheat on your girlfriend / fiancée don't pretend to be going to the footie!

Hibrandenburg
23-04-2012, 05:08 AM
Note to the "players" out there - if you're gonna cheat on your girlfriend / fiancée don't pretend to be going to the footie!

Lol, was thinking along the same line. Maybe he only said he was a Hibby to impress, maybe he's a Yam!

FastEddieFelson
23-04-2012, 08:18 AM
pretty embarrassing moment, made even worse by the joke of an announcer that hibs employ. he couldn't have executed that worse if he'd tried.

BEEJ
23-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Hope it was a misunderstanding. There is really no excuse in running away if your doting partner wants to marry you - should be flattered! Could at least have the decency to reply in a kind and curteous manner instead of being a coward IMO.
Never understand these surprise proposals of marriage which are made in full view of the general public. They just place undue pressure on the other party to say 'yes'.

Why would anyone want a response to that important question which was at risk of being less then genuine? It always comes across like a form of manipulation.

Hibernia&Alba
23-04-2012, 12:19 PM
I didn't know what was going on. You have to be totally certain of a yes, if you're going to do that. The memory of a rejection would haunt you for life. There are a few such examples on You Tube which are excruciating.

Hibercelona
23-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Was she braw? :cool2:

cabbageandribs1875
23-04-2012, 12:27 PM
this reminds me of the friends episode when phoebe proposed to the guy at some yanks game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwHta9DedGU

1875_hibs
23-04-2012, 12:30 PM

I know! There is not enough romance and public affection shown anymore!

iwasthere1972
23-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Never understand these surprise proposals of marriage which are made in full view of the general public. They just place undue pressure on the other party to say 'yes'.

Why would anyone want a response to that important question which was at risk of being less then genuine? It always comes across like a form of manipulation.

Me neither. I was hoping that the guy would appear and say "No".

I don't know what the outcome was but it may have just been a case that he was in the pie queue or the toilet and didn't hear the announcement. Some guys near me were saying "Don't do it" :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
23-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Me neither. I was hoping that the guy would appear and say "No".

I don't know what the outcome was but it may have just been a case that he was in the pie queue or the toilet and didn't hear the announcement. Some guys near me were saying "Don't do it" :greengrin

:hilarious

Those auld heids know best. "Stay in the toilet, son".

Baker9
23-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Lol, was thinking along the same line. Maybe he only said he was a Hibby to impress, maybe he's a Yam!

:greengrin

steakbake
23-04-2012, 01:34 PM
pretty embarrassing moment, made even worse by the joke of an announcer that hibs employ. he couldn't have executed that worse if he'd tried.

Whit's that yer sayin' son? There was an execution at half time?

Seveno
23-04-2012, 01:49 PM
The guy beside me said, ' what some people will do to get a Cup Final ticket.'

JennaFletcher
23-04-2012, 01:51 PM
The guy beside me said, ' what some people will do to get a Cup Final ticket.'

:faf:

JimBHibees
23-04-2012, 01:54 PM

Superb. :faf::faf:

24-04-2012, 10:49 AM
http://youtu.be/UtPkxzHKLpk

Ouch ......

Speedway
24-04-2012, 01:07 PM

Ouch ......

Oofft.

She was fairly tidy though so she probably thought she could do better.

R'Albin
24-04-2012, 02:52 PM

Ouch ......

Stupid bitch.

On a side note what an absolute boss the guy that gave him the beer was :greengrin

BEEJ
24-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Stupid bitch.
Why?

Was she obliged to say 'yes'?

Hermit Crab
24-04-2012, 08:01 PM

Ouch ......

Oh that's a sore one. If I ever get in a position to ask a girl to marry me I hope she doesn't do that to me!! I'd be gutted, not that I would propose at Easter rd or anything. Poor guy.

R'Albin
24-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Why?

Was she obliged to say 'yes'?

She should have done, or at least flattered him then changed her mind later. That was just totally demoralising for the guy..

cabbageandribs1875
24-04-2012, 08:12 PM

Ouch ......

rather embarrassing for the poor lassie :agree:

BEEJ
24-04-2012, 09:34 PM
She should have done, or at least flattered him then changed her mind later. That was just totally demoralising for the guy..
To which later he would doubtless say, "But you accepted, in front of hundreds of thousands of TV viewers!"

Only himself to blame. If there is any risk at all that your partner has doubts, don't go and pop the question in front of hundreds (or hundreds of thousands) of onlookers. Public embarrassment is not the way to convince someone to make a longer-term commitment to a relationship.

R'Albin
24-04-2012, 09:38 PM
To which later he would doubtless say, "But you accepted, in front of hundreds of thousands of TV viewers!"

Only himself to blame. If there is any risk at all that your partner has doubts, don't go and pop the question in front of hundreds (or hundreds of thousands) of onlookers. Public embarrassment is not the way to convince someone to make a longer-term commitment to a relationship.

Fair point. Still would have said yes if I was her, or at least hugged him and explained or something. But yeah, probably not the sharpest move.

Speedy
24-04-2012, 09:43 PM

And no doubt all their friends would be phoning to congratulate them.

It would be a disaster either way. I think the lesson is not to ask in that way.

Holmesdale Hibs
24-04-2012, 09:59 PM
That YouTube clip was at the Toyota centre in Houston, I used to go there and watch the Rockets play when I worked out there a few years ago. I've seen proposals like that there a few times and I guess it's just a matter of time before someone said no.

Girl probably could/should have said something before they went on court as it must have been pretty obvious what was going on. Still, the guy only has himself to blame for the public humiliation.

Regardless of the outcome, I can't think of a more tasteless way to propose. Each to their own though.

Hibrandenburg
24-04-2012, 11:01 PM

Yep, if you're gonna hang out the window then expect a fall. I feel sorry for the girl as she has to make a split second decision in a lose lose situation.

TornadoHibby
25-04-2012, 05:53 AM

Ouch ......

She was quite nice but Thd guy should have been sure of her answer before asking in such a public way!

Baker9
25-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Hermit Crab; [/B]3195683]Oh that's a sore one. If I ever get in a position to ask a girl to marry me I hope she doesn't do that to me!! I'd be gutted, not that I would propose at Easter rd or anything. Poor guy.

You maybe need to come out your shell a bit more.

basehibby
25-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Oh that's a sore one. If I ever get in a position to ask a girl to marry me I hope she doesn't do that to me!! I'd be gutted, not that I would propose at Easter rd or anything. Poor guy.

There's a simple solution - pop the question somewhere private without a watching audience of millions and then you won't look like a complete tool if she says no.