PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene tonight

killie-hibby
22-04-2012, 10:08 PM
For the first time this season I tuned into Sportscene,specifically to see and hear the "expert" opinion on LG's alleged dive in the penalty box. It was not shown or mentioned. Does referee Craig Thomson have a pal in the BBC editing room.
The programme was cringe embarrassing amateurish. In comparison it makes Artur Montford's 1960's Scotsport seem like a Hollywood blockbuster.

Saorsa
22-04-2012, 10:13 PM
yeah, what a load of *****e, one of the most important incidents in the game totally blanked. :bitchy:

Matty_Jack04
22-04-2012, 10:13 PM
It also made Kujabi look like a knob after the Dayton thing waving an imaginary card about

hibee_girl
22-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Their first 'highlight' was about 28 minutes into the game!

Judas Iscariot
22-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Was it a pen?!?

Shrekko
22-04-2012, 11:47 PM
Was it a pen?!?

Soft verging on not. I'd need to see it slowed down but the guy seemed to get an electric shock when he made contact with Claros. Obviously Thomson was always going to give it but I'm not convinced at all.

PaulSmith
23-04-2012, 05:46 AM
Was it a pen?!?

As clear a penalty as you can get. No even up for debate.

Barney McGrew
23-04-2012, 06:32 AM
For the first time this season I tuned into Sportscene,specifically to see and hear the "expert" opinion on LG's alleged dive in the penalty box. It was not shown or mentioned. Does referee Craig Thomson have a pal in the BBC editing room.
The programme was cringe embarrassing amateurish. In comparison it makes Artur Montford's 1960's Scotsport seem like a Hollywood blockbuster.

Given that they've been on a crusade to stick the boot into Leigh for most of the season, I think we can take it as read that it wasn't a dive and should have been a penalty.

If it had been 'simulation', they'd have shown it over and over again to show what a bad lad he is (again).

greenlex
23-04-2012, 06:52 AM
Given that they've been on a crusade to stick the boot into Leigh for most of the season, I think we can take it as read that it wasn't a dive and should have been a penalty.

If it had been 'simulation', they'd have shown it over and over again to show what a bad lad he is (again).

Spot on Barney.

hibsbollah
23-04-2012, 06:57 AM
Is there any Hibs TV footage of the incident? FWIW I was in a good position and it looked like he might have dived,.although id like to see it again.

Geo_1875
23-04-2012, 06:57 AM
Wanted to see Claros challenge which caused such a reaction from the Killie players. Obviously nothing in it as BBC chose to ignore it completely.

HH81
23-04-2012, 07:13 AM
Wanted to see Claros challenge which caused such a reaction from the Killie players. Obviously nothing in it as BBC chose to ignore it completely.

Is that the one over by the benches? on first look i thought he went in reckless. Sure Hibs got a throw in too if it was same incident.

Danderhall Hibs
23-04-2012, 07:31 AM
It also made Kujabi look like a knob after the Dayton thing waving an imaginary card about

:agree: Can't believe they didn't show the Griffits "dive".

Was it a pen?!?

Stonewall - stood on the boys foot.

Saorsa
23-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Was it a pen?!?About as clear as your likely tae see, about the only thing he got right and he was absolutely delighted tae give it.

Shrekko
23-04-2012, 08:34 AM
For those of you claiming it was a stonewaller it seems Kenny Shiels isnt so sure. His comment is that his player 'bought it'.

Danderhall Hibs
23-04-2012, 08:37 AM
For those of you claiming it was a stonewaller it seems Kenny Shiels isnt so sure. His comment is that his player 'bought it'.

Whereas Fenlon said it was a definite penalty. Role-reversal from the managers!

Saorsa
23-04-2012, 08:45 AM
For those of you claiming it was a stonewaller it seems Kenny Shiels isnt so sure. His comment is that his player 'bought it'.It's quite easy tae come out with something like that efter it's been gotten away with and got the result any anyway I think he's wrong, it was a penalty. Last time we played them at ER in the cup game he was quick tae have a go at things by Hibs players but mentioned nowt about his players throwing themselves about in and around the box.

JimBHibees
23-04-2012, 08:46 AM

Absolutely. They have been on a campaign against him so the fact they havent shown it means to me it wasnt a dive.

Saorsa
23-04-2012, 08:47 AM

If it had been 'simulation', they'd have shown it over and over again to show what a bad lad he is (again).:agree:

Broken Gnome
23-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Griffiths' shot that Bell tips over at 35 seconds on the BBC highlights....

... check O'Connor's position and the space he has in front of him, why on earth has he not ran into it?? Would've been clean through had Leigh slipped him in :confused:

basehibby
23-04-2012, 10:27 AM

:agree: What a bunch of pathetic amatuers BBC Scotland are - blanking the incident which will see one of our top players in Griffiths banned for a crucial relegation decider is simply unforgiveable - I was certainly eager to find out whether Craig Thomson called it right - didn't appear to from where I was watching.

The so called editor at Sportscene needs sacked plain and simple - a 5 year old could do a better job!

PeeJay
23-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Is there any Hibs TV footage of the incident? FWIW I was in a good position and it looked like he might have dived,.although id like to see it again.

Just watched the Hibs TV footage - looks to me like it was a clear foul on Griffiths. It may not have been a foul for the ref, but the Kilmarnock player left his leg right in the path of Grifiths who could hardly do anything but fall over it ... the foul wasn't IN the penalty box - it was a good yard outside - Griffiths' fall carried him into the box... not a penalty, a foul, not a yellow card, a poor refereeing decision - where was the linesman chappie BTW?

The yellow card for diving is a ridiculous decision and wholly unwarranted - surely he can appeal that? :confused:

JimBHibees
23-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Just watched the Hibs TV footage - looks to me like it was a clear foul on Griffiths. It may not have been a foul for the ref, but the Kilmarnock player left his leg right in the path of Grifiths who could hardly do anything but fall over it ... the foul wasn't IN the penalty box - it was a good yard outside - Griffiths' fall carried him into the box... not a penalty, a foul, not a yellow card, a poor refereeing decision - where was the linesman chappie BTW?

The yellow card for diving is a ridiculous decision and wholly unwarranted - surely he can appeal that? :confused:

Afraid not the joys of the SFA Disciplinary system mean you can only appeal yellows if mistaken identity. Although at the other end of the ground to me it didnt look like a dive and to me this only points out that Thomson was gagging on doing Griffiths knowing the implications that the yellow would have. Incredible. Sportscene are a joke IMO in this regard.

JimBHibees
23-04-2012, 12:03 PM
:agree: What a bunch of pathetic amatuers BBC Scotland are - blanking the incident which will see one of our top players in Griffiths banned for a crucial relegation decider is simply unforgiveable - I was certainly eager to find out whether Craig Thomson called it right - didn't appear to from where I was watching.

The so called editor at Sportscene needs sacked plain and simple - a 5 year old could do a better job!

Completely agree and I think we can draw our own conclusions from the fact this wasnt shown being that it wasnt a dive and Thomson got it spectacularly wrong, again.

Danderhall Hibs
23-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Completely agree and I think we can draw our own conclusions from the fact this wasnt shown being that it wasnt a dive and Thomson got it spectacularly wrong, again.

Maybe it was a blatant dive and we should be thankful they didn't highlight it?

BTW I have my Devil's Advocate hat on.

JimBHibees
23-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Maybe it was a blatant dive and we should be thankful they didn't highlight it?

BTW I have my Devil's Advocate hat on.

Maybe it was however I would have thought that outside the penalty that decision was the main one in the game and should have been highlighted so fans could make their own decision. The fact that this same programme has previously not been shy in trumpeting Griffiths behaviour in other games leads me to believe that there was no dive.

At the game didnt think it was a dive and still dont and tend to think the ref was guessing also or had his mind already made up.