PDA

View Full Version : Watering hole for buses on cup final day

jonny
22-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Hi Guys,

I've just booked my bus into a pub on the East side of Hampden (1.5miles from the ground) from 11:15 on cup final day - the Brazenhead Bar. Manager of the pub (Shamus) said that so far mine is the only bus booked in there and if another 3 or 4 wanted then they have space. If anyone is looking for somewhere to go before the match for a refreshment then give me a shout and I'll pass you on contact details for the place. They are child friendly as well. It's an Irish bar and they won't be letting jambo's in on the day. I have no association with the pub and gain nothing from advertising the fact they have spaces - just thought it might be useful to anyone looking for somewhere to kick off the day.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Its a hell hole if its the one in The Gorbals!

Sammy7nil
22-04-2012, 08:34 PM

Does it sell alcohol ?:greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
22-04-2012, 08:37 PM

If you can stomach all the Celtic memorabilia its not that bad, we were in after the Semi & locals were friendly enough.

jonny
22-04-2012, 09:25 PM
If you can stomach all the Celtic memorabilia its not that bad, we were in after the Semi & locals were friendly enough.

Definately this place, it was a celtic supporting mate that suggested it - good news is they hate the jambos nearly as much as us!

monktonharp
22-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Its a hell hole if its the one in The Gorbals!you do seem to have a real serious problem with Glasgow.any idea where people could go for a few beers? unless they have the same issues

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-04-2012, 10:55 PM
What problem have i got with it? I can think of a multitude of pubs through there that are vastly superior to that place.

I didnae have any problem with the city last Saturday after spending time in numerous watering holes pre/post semi final.

hibeerealist
23-04-2012, 12:09 AM
Hi Guys,

I've just booked my bus into a pub on the East side of Hampden (1.5miles from the ground) from 11:15 on cup final day - the Brazenhead Bar. Manager of the pub (Shamus) said that so far mine is the only bus booked in there and if another 3 or 4 wanted then they have space. If anyone is looking for somewhere to go before the match for a refreshment then give me a shout and I'll pass you on contact details for the place. They are child friendly as well. It's an Irish bar and they won't be letting jambo's in on the day. I have no association with the pub and gain nothing from advertising the fact they have spaces - just thought it might be useful to anyone looking for somewhere to kick off the day.

Ta, can you send me details for our bus?

jonny
23-04-2012, 05:55 AM
Ta, can you send me details for our bus?

You have a PM

:pfgwa

Frazerbob
23-04-2012, 12:44 PM
The Brazenhead is horrible, horrible pub. Disgusting Celtic and republican memorabilia cover the walls, including some very dubious pro-IRA stuff when I was last in, which was a good few years ago thankfully. It is also nearer the Hearts end and NOT to the East of Hampden.

I was in it after we lost the semi to Aberdeen a few years ago and was basically hounded out because I didn’t join their IRA love in. Avoid like the plague is my advice!

Lofarl
23-04-2012, 12:59 PM
So what decent boozers are there around Hampden. One near our side that's decent and does not feel like a wolftones concert.

TamHibs
23-04-2012, 01:02 PM
We're booked into the Kings Park Hotel, anyone been there before?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rgu13a

Frazerbob
23-04-2012, 01:16 PM
So what decent boozers are there around Hampden. One near our side that's decent and does not feel like a wolftones concert.

http://www.belhavenpubs.co.uk/index.php/pub/-/get_pub/109

Montford is right behind the Hibs end and has a large funtion suite upstairs. Might be fully booked but worth a try.

jonny
23-04-2012, 02:11 PM
The Brazenhead is horrible, horrible pub. Disgusting Celtic and republican memorabilia cover the walls, including some very dubious pro-IRA stuff when I was last in, which was a good few years ago thankfully. It is also nearer the Hearts end and NOT to the East of Hampden.

I was in it after we lost the semi to Aberdeen a few years ago and was basically hounded out because I didn’t join their IRA love in. Avoid like the plague is my advice!

It was suggested to me by a Celtic fan but the fact that its close to the ground and will be packed with Hibs fans on the day is much more important to me than what they have on their walls.
To be fair to them, the manager of the place was really friendly and was keen to accomodate us. Im sure once the Hibs songs start it‘ll have a good atmosphere inside

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-04-2012, 02:19 PM

Montford is right behind the Hibs end and has a large funtion suite upstairs. Might be fully booked but worth a try.

The Beechwood is just along the road from there, may also be worth phoning as it was mobbed b4 the semi, a fair few tables outside though.

Nakedmanoncrack
23-04-2012, 02:39 PM

Not so, its a straight forward walk to our end of Hampden, in fact if walking back to City Centre post-match from Aitkenhead Rd you will most likely pass it, and you'll do so long before you encounter any opposition supporters. not a in any way a lover of Celtic memorabilia, but as I say if you can stomach that its ok. As for Republican memorabilia, didn't notice anything any more offensive than a copy of the proclamaition of an Irish Republic framed on the wall.

hibeerealist
24-04-2012, 01:20 PM
hi guys,

i've just booked my bus into a pub on the east side of hampden (1.5miles from the ground) from 11:15 on cup final day - the brazenhead bar. Manager of the pub (shamus) said that so far mine is the only bus booked in there and if another 3 or 4 wanted then they have space. If anyone is looking for somewhere to go before the match for a refreshment then give me a shout and i'll pass you on contact details for the place. They are child friendly as well. It's an irish bar and they won't be letting jambo's in on the day. I have no association with the pub and gain nothing from advertising the fact they have spaces - just thought it might be useful to anyone looking for somewhere to kick off the day.

my bus booked into same place i spoke to sheamus see you there. Bert

ggtth

JIm
24-04-2012, 03:09 PM

ggtth

If yous are lucky they will even arrange for Gary Og to come in for a sing song :wink: :tin hat:

H18sry
24-04-2012, 03:14 PM

Aye fully booked :boo hoo:

CallumLaidlaw
24-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Aye fully booked :boo hoo:

Our 72 seater is booked into the kings park hotel. We were the only bus booked there as of the weekend. the cancelled a hearts bus for the hibbies. Lol

H18sry
24-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Our 72 seater is booked into the kings park hotel. We were the only bus booked there as of the weekend. the cancelled a hearts bus for the hibbies. Lol

I'm booked in somewhere but ta anyway :thumbsup:

jonny
24-04-2012, 03:40 PM

ggtth

Nice 1 mate. I'll look forward to it! I bet my bus can sing louder than your bus LoL

TamHibs
24-04-2012, 03:52 PM

Steal my stories why don't you ;-)

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?blln20

Gmack7
26-04-2012, 04:00 PM

we are also booked in and its now full i think(82 seater)bring it on:thumbsup:

Captain Trips
26-04-2012, 04:09 PM
I live in southside of Glasgow.

On the Brazen Head, not been in it but it is not really at our end of stadium I would say it is on main route Hearts fans may walk up but there will be Hibs as well.

Pubs near hand for Hibbies -

Beechwood (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe=off&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=beechwood+pub&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=beechwood+pub&hnear=0x488815562056ceeb:0x71e683b805ef511e,Glasgo w&cid=0,0,8800786431224999693&ei=I3OZT_yxGcjb4QSnqu3EBg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=3&ved=0CCkQ_BIwAg)

International (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe=off&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=international+bar+glasgow&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=international+bar&hnear=0x488815562056ceeb:0x71e683b805ef511e,Glasgo w&cid=0,0,7466528552771024254&ei=tHOZT-LJLoag4gTkxYXFBg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=4&ved=0CAoQ_BIwAw)

Montford (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe=off&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=montford+house&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=montford+house&hnear=0x488815562056ceeb:0x71e683b805ef511e,Glasgo w&cid=0,0,17759818160402661806&ei=13OZT5m4BM7P4QT2uvDEBg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=4&ved=0CBkQ_BIwAw)

Picture house (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe=off&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=picture+house+pub+rutherglen&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=picture+house+pub&hnear=0x488840b9d7402ce9:0x4398b3823c6ed533,Ruther glen,+South+Lanarkshire&cid=0,0,17490621206987296818&ei=IHSZT93lFtOK4gS7mfHEBg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAwQ_BIwAA)

Hope this helps

gunnerhibee
26-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Hi Guys,

We're booked into Pandora's in Victoria Road (20 mins from the ground). Holds around 500 folk so lots of space. Child friendly and will hopefully be getting lots of Hibs' tunes on the 'turntable' as well as kicking off a karaoke sesh or two !!

hibbybob
26-04-2012, 05:14 PM
I live in southside of Glasgow.

On the Brazen Head, not been in it but it is not really at our end of stadium I would say it is on main route Hearts fans may walk up but there will be Hibs as well.

Pubs near hand for Hibbies -

Beechwood (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe=off&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=beechwood+pub&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=beechwood+pub&hnear=0x488815562056ceeb:0x71e683b805ef511e,Glasgo w&cid=0,0,8800786431224999693&ei=I3OZT_yxGcjb4QSnqu3EBg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=3&ved=0CCkQ_BIwAg)

International (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe=off&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=international+bar+glasgow&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=international+bar&hnear=0x488815562056ceeb:0x71e683b805ef511e,Glasgo w&cid=0,0,7466528552771024254&ei=tHOZT-LJLoag4gTkxYXFBg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=4&ved=0CAoQ_BIwAw)

Montford (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe=off&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=montford+house&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=montford+house&hnear=0x488815562056ceeb:0x71e683b805ef511e,Glasgo w&cid=0,0,17759818160402661806&ei=13OZT5m4BM7P4QT2uvDEBg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=4&ved=0CBkQ_BIwAw)

Picture house (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe=off&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=picture+house+pub+rutherglen&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=picture+house+pub&hnear=0x488840b9d7402ce9:0x4398b3823c6ed533,Ruther glen,+South+Lanarkshire&cid=0,0,17490621206987296818&ei=IHSZT93lFtOK4gS7mfHEBg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAwQ_BIwAA)

Hope this helps

Picture House is full - we tried there earlier this week.

Kojock
26-04-2012, 05:39 PM
We're booked into the Kings Park Hotel, anyone been there before?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rgu13a

Was in there for a couple of beers before the semi. Was in a wee lounge bar as there was only five of us. We were there as guests of a couple of residents. They obviously have a function hall as it does weddings etc. Bit pricey for a round but if your used to Edinburgh prices it wont come as such a shock.

Our bus is booked into a bowling club that we have used before. Cheap drink and they supply us with free pies and beans. :-)

James Connolly
26-04-2012, 05:42 PM
A lot of the Freaks buses are booked into the Southside of The Weedge, Giffnock and the likes.

Dav1986
26-04-2012, 06:36 PM
There's around 10 of us going through together- we may be getting on a bus- if not we'll be looking to get booked in somewhere near Hampden. any bowling clubs etc or pubs that anyone would recommend as near to Hampden as possible.

legends of 73
26-04-2012, 07:14 PM
We're booked into Pandora's in Victoria Road (20 mins from the ground). Holds around 500 folk so lots of space. Child friendly and will hopefully be getting lots of Hibs' tunes on the 'turntable' as well as kicking off a karaoke sesh or two !!

We're their as well been going there for years for Scotland games dj billy has all the Hibs songs ready

Nakedmanoncrack
26-04-2012, 07:22 PM

Excellent venue, surprised Hearts haven't claimed it though, more towards their end, the 20 min walk will take you via Queens Park which is where a lot of the Hearts buses will be parked.

legends of 73
26-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Excellent venue, surprised Hearts haven't claimed it though, more towards their end, the 20 min walk will take you via Queens Park which is where a lot of the Hearts buses will be parked.

Your better walking down Calder st then onto Aktienhead rd so you won't see a yam

Nakedmanoncrack
26-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Your better walking down Calder st then onto Aktienhead rd so you won't see a yam

:agree:

Much the better option than going up Vicky Road.

PatHead
26-04-2012, 10:46 PM
There's around 10 of us going through together- we may be getting on a bus- if not we'll be looking to get booked in somewhere near Hampden. any bowling clubs etc or pubs that anyone would recommend as near to Hampden as possible.

My bus of 15 got booked into the bowling club round the back of the Hibs end. Cant remember its name though!

wee 162
27-04-2012, 12:22 AM

I've been in a couple of times and genuinely never noticed anything Republican at all on the walls (mainly I suspect because it wouldn't fit amongst the multitude of Celtic stuff admittedly!)? What was there?

Anyway, fair trek from the ground if you're walking. But well cheap and the beers fine. Would be very surprised if they only have it open exclusively for Hibbies though, guaranteed to be stacks of tims in, so avoid if anyone is not going to be able to handle anyone other than Hibbies existing on the day.

hibeemarley
27-04-2012, 12:07 PM
The Brazenhead is probably the worst pub in the southside of Glasgow.

Carheenlea
27-04-2012, 06:20 PM
We stopped off in The Brazen Head after the semi and it was fine. Never noticed anything sinister adorning the walls, but admittedly wasn't looking for anything untoward. Didn't feel like any time at all walking from Hampden to there, but we were high with elation do probably longer than it felt!
There were no other fans in and the bar was doing a brisk Saturday afternoon trade with a quite elderly and friendly enough clientele. Certainly no All Bar One, more like something out of Still Game really.
Cup Final day will see it busy with pre-booked Hibs fans so nothing to worry about for those booked in.

stuart01
27-04-2012, 06:33 PM
It was suggested to me by a Celtic fan but the fact that its close to the ground and will be packed with Hibs fans on the day is much more important to me than what they have on their walls.
To be fair to them, the manager of the place was really friendly and was keen to accomodate us. Im sure once the Hibs songs start it‘ll have a good atmosphere inside

Its not that close to the ground - still about a 10 minute bus journey. The Lipton Celtic Supporters Club was across the road which we used to go to before some numpty changed it ino a recording studio.

Personaly mate, I would avoid like the place.

We are booked into Shettleston Jnrs Social Club - very decent boozer and about 15 monutes drive from ground.

Good luck

clerriehibs
27-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Its not that close to the ground - still about a 10 minute bus journey. The Lipton Celtic Supporters Club was across the road which we used to go to before some numpty changed it ino a recording studio.

Personaly mate, I would avoid like the place.

We are booked into Shettleston Jnrs Social Club - very decent boozer and about 15 monutes drive from ground.

Good luck

Our bus was booked in there before the 2007 final ... but it turned out that booking was irrelevant, because they just let anyone in who came along. In the event, although we were booked, they'd closed the doors and we couldn't get in.