PDA

View Full Version : The Missing Complainers

Stantons Angel
22-04-2012, 07:23 PM
I spent the morning reading through the posts on here from unlucky posters who wont get a ticket for the final. I do genuinely feel for them.

But when i walked into Easter Road today I expected to see a big crowd out in force to support the team through this the first of the remaining league campaign "cup finals".

I dont know about anyone else on here, but i was disappointed that after all the moaning and groaning, the name calling and general outcry those responsible thought it better to show their loyalty by staying away?

For once the club has listened to us and set aside 200 tickets for those without season tickets, met again with more moaning! Its a thankless task in that ticket office just now. They just cant do right for doing wrong?

This was the ideal opportunity for those looking for a ticket to get their record on the database showing they had bought a ticket for today. We don't know how they will distribute the 200 but you cant give the usual "ive supported them for 40+ years, I had a season ticket years ago,as excuses for not being there today!

Get out and support your team they need you now, not just at cup finals!!!

J-C
22-04-2012, 07:26 PM
I spent the morning reading through the posts on here from unlucky posters who wont get a ticket for the final. I do genuinely feel for them.

But when i walked into Easter Road today I expected to see a big crowd out in force to support the team through this the first of the remaining league campaign "cup finals".

I dont know about anyone else on here, but i was disappointed that after all the moaning and groaning, the name calling and general outcry those responsible thought it better to show their loyalty by staying away?

For once the club has listened to us and set aside 200 tickets for those without season tickets, met again with more moaning! Its a thankless task in that ticket office just now. They just cant do right for doing wrong?

This was the ideal opportunity for those looking for a ticket to get their record on the database showing they had bought a ticket for today. We don't know how they will distribute the 200 but you cant give the usual "ive supported them for 40+ years, I had a season ticket years ago,as excuses for not being there today!

I went along today but 200 tickets aint gonna guarantee a thing, it's a drop in the ocean, the general will be pandamonium.

Reaper
22-04-2012, 07:26 PM

The biggest dissappointment for me is the fact that cup final aside we are still in a relegation battle. We need support now to help get over that final hurdle but I agree with most of what you've said.

smurf
22-04-2012, 07:34 PM
We beat Dunfermline in the League Cup final in 1991 in front of 30,000 + Hibbys.

Next home game v Airdrie IIRC 6000 in attendance.

And I expect most similar sized clubs are the same.

Jonnyboy
22-04-2012, 07:37 PM
We beat Dunfermline in the League Cup final in 1991 in front of 30,000 + Hibbys.

:agree:

The crowd was around 1,600 up on the last home game v Motherwell but still woefully short of 10,000

Nakedmanoncrack
22-04-2012, 07:43 PM

Not quite true, first game after 91 Final was a home Derby, Airdrie game was midweek soon after though and crowd cant have been far off what you say.

smurf
22-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Not quite true, first game after 91 Final was a home Derby, Airdrie game was midweek soon after though and crowd cant have been far off what you say.

Yeah a decent 20,000 in attendance v the Yams in a 1-1 draw?

Baldy Foghorn
22-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Opening post, spot on......

A massive game today in our plight to remain in league, yet crowd was poor again:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Opening post, spot on......

A massive game today in our plight to remain in league, yet crowd was poor again:rolleyes:

Yip still in a relegation battle but our usual crowd. Glory hunter gets banded about a bit too much, as we dont get much. Yet when the club need the fans much more than the 19th of may, we have todays piss poor attendance.
:rolleyes:

Jack
22-04-2012, 08:54 PM
A lot could be to do with the Sunday kick off.

I was there but my season ticket holding daughter wasn't. She'll not be getting a ST next year as there's just not enough Saturday games.

Nakedmanoncrack
22-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Yeah a decent 20,000 in attendance v the Yams in a 1-1 draw?

:agree:

Keith, Keith with the goal.

JohnScott
22-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Yip still in a relegation battle but our usual crowd. Glory hunter gets banded about a bit too much, as we dont get much. Yet when the club need the fans much more than the 19th of may, we have todays piss poor attendance.
:rolleyes:

Yep those damned glory hunters let us down again!

Lets get this right...................anyone who doesn't have a season ticket and chooses to PATG, or lives down south or abroad, or attends only category A matches, or hasnt been for two years, or who's married to a Hearts fan, or is left handed, or still wears his purple home strip.................have no right to complain about getting a final ticket! Then once you lot insult us GLORY HUNTERS you whinge at us for not turning up when the club need us!!!!

Now hold on a minute, I've seen Hibs relegated twice and supported them back up again. That's not including seasons similar to this one, where I helped them stay up. Despite this I'm not deemed fit enough to get a final ticket for the biggest game in the clubs history. I even travelled to pre-seasons in places like Magdeburge in eastern Germany. Still not fit enough! Was part of our lowest gate of 1200. Still not fit enough! Even since moving south i still head home to see the Hibs when I can. Still not fit enough!

There are 17500 seats available to Hibs fans at Easter Road. Season ticket holders account for less than half of that number. Some of you and more especially the club, should think how your going to fill those empty seats with glory-hunting, lapsed, totally peed-off Hibs fans!!!!

The club and many on here have INSULTED guys like me by saying we don't deserve a ticket.

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2012, 09:21 PM

Lets get this right...................anyone who doesn't have a season ticket and chooses to PATG, or lives down south or abroad, or attends only category A matches, or hasnt been for two years, or who's married to a Hearts fan, or is left handed, or still wears his purple home strip.................have no right to complain about getting a final ticket! Then once you lot insult us GLORY HUNTERS you whinge at us for not turning up when the club need us!!!!

Now hold on a minute, I've seen Hibs relegated twice and supported them back up again. That's not including seasons similar to this one, where I helped them stay up. Despite this I'm not deemed fit enough to get a final ticket for the biggest game in the clubs history. I even travelled to pre-seasons in places like Magdeburge in eastern Germany. Still not fit enough! Was part of our lowest gate of 1200. Still not fit enough! Even since moving south i still head home to see the Hibs when I can. Still not fit enough!

There are 17500 seats available to Hibs fans at Easter Road. Season ticket holders account for less than half of that number. Some of you and more especially the club, should think how your going to fill those empty seats with glory-hunting, lapsed, totally peed-off Hibs fans!!!!

The club and many on here have INSULTED guys like me by saying we don't deserve a ticket.

Complete and utter bollox, the club have said nothing of the sort.

Jack
22-04-2012, 09:24 PM

Actually I don't think there are many like you who are peed off. Most appreciate 40,000 into 20,000 doesn't go and the club has to look after those who currently do turn up and that's what they've done.

I appreciate your problem but how is the club meant to administer it so that folk like you could get a ticket?

Irish_Steve
22-04-2012, 10:11 PM

Buy a season ticket - get a cup final ticket. And I`ve always wanted to say this. FACT!!!!!

NAE NOOKIE
22-04-2012, 10:27 PM
This isnt an uberfan thread.

But IMO the OP is quite right.

Lets make one thing clear. Nobody was expecting folk down south or whatever to get up for this game, it hasnt got to that stage yet. But there are plenty of Edinburgh based Hibbies who didnt come along today who are no doubt still looking for final tickets.

I sat beside a lad in the pub today who hasnt got a season ticket and wont make the final coz he needs 3 tickets to take his family too, but he was still sitting there with his Hibs top on getting ready to go to ER. Thats the kind of fan this club really needs.

The turn out today was a bloody disappointment given our position .... and in my opinion there are some folk out there calling themselves Hibbies who are Hibbies in the same way that I am a politician because I vote every 4 or 5 years.

Stantons Angel
22-04-2012, 10:40 PM

The point i am trying to make here is that there are so many Hibs supporters on here telling us how great a supporter they are. YES we all are! Ive visited nearly every continent in the world watching my team just like most of you.

Ive attended almost every game this season home and away AND i have sat through the most frustrating season for a long time! The difference between us is..... I was there today and will be at the rest of the league games too. Supporting my team and hopefully cheering them on?

The increase in todays crowd may have been down to the fact that all kids under 16 were given free admission to the game. Hence the queues at the ticket office for pick ups!

The bottom line is that there was never going to be enough tickets for Hampden.............. were as Murrayfield?????
Who knows!?

Captain Trips
22-04-2012, 10:45 PM

The complainers are easy to look at as they are on here (maybe I am one), but you have only focused on them why no mention of the missing whom are getting a ticket as they know a ST? Simple they are not out there with anything to moan about so are forgotten.

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2012, 10:48 PM
This isnt an uberfan thread.

But IMO the OP is quite right.

Lets make one thing clear. Nobody was expecting folk down south or whatever to get up for this game, it hasnt got to that stage yet. But there are plenty of Edinburgh based Hibbies who didnt come along today who are no doubt still looking for final tickets.

I sat beside a lad in the pub today who hasnt got a season ticket and wont make the final coz he needs 3 tickets to take his family too, but he was still sitting there with his Hibs top on getting ready to go to ER. Thats the kind of fan this club really needs.

The turn out today was a bloody disappointment given our position .... and in my opinion there are some folk out there calling themselves Hibbies who are Hibbies in the same way that I am a politician because I vote every 4 or 5 years.

:top marks There will be plenty who moan they cant get a ticket, or are struggling to get one, but couldnt bother their erse getting down to easter road today, when the team need them more than ever. :rolleyes:

Captain Trips
22-04-2012, 10:57 PM
:top marks There will be plenty who moan they cant get a ticket, or are struggling to get one, but couldnt bother their erse getting down to easter road today, when the team need them more than ever. :rolleyes:

There will be BH but there will be ones getting a ticket whom didny go either today but luckily enough know ST holder, but we seem to only focus on folk complaing who didnt go with no mention of the ones who need not complain as getting one but are as guilty then for not going.

BTW devils advocate on this not having a go at anyone for going or not.

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2012, 11:02 PM
There will be BH but there will be ones getting a ticket whom didny go either today but luckily enough know ST holder, but we seem to only focus on folk complaing who didnt go with no mention of the ones who need not complain as getting one but are as guilty then for not going.

BTW devils advocate on this not having a go at anyone for going or not.

Yip thats true, both are as bad as each other.

sleeping giant
22-04-2012, 11:04 PM

Agreed. I said the same to 65BD before the match.

Captain Trips
22-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Yip thats true, both are as bad as each other.

I just think they are forgotten as I said they have no reason to complain.

zlatan
22-04-2012, 11:07 PM
There has to be a better term for us than glory hunter? As someone born and bred in Glasgow I feel the term really rubbish attendee would suit me for example.

Beefster
23-04-2012, 06:25 AM

It's like the club membership never happened.

MB62
23-04-2012, 08:52 AM
I have to say when I walked in to the ground yesterday, to say I was disappointed with the size of the crowd would be a huge understatement. I know guys who are clambering for tickets for the final yet were in the pub yesterday afternoon watching english fitba on the telly. One of them hasn't missed a cup game all season but only been to ER once this season for a league match, if he doesn't get a ticket for the final then GITRUH, and he was my best man at my wedding a few years back.
I was angry at the size of the support yesterday, I don't how the players must have felt.
There will be people with very good reasons for not being there, e.g. one of my mate's was in St. John's hospital with his laddie waiting on the birth of his next grandson, and my niece who had put her flat up for sale and was viewing between 2.00 - 4.00pm (would have been there if the game was on the Saturday).

We took 14,000 to Dumpden, where were those who were missing?

happiehibbie
23-04-2012, 09:33 AM
I can not agree with the OP more. lets get bums on seats our club need investment and ST is the way forward.

Everyone wants to see this game it will be the Biggest game in my lifetime and am 50 I am so excited.

On the ST i have missed 6 games this season due to kick off times Sunday was one off them I think this is an issue that need to be addressed

THIS IS OUR YEAR GGTH

blackpoolhibs
23-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Not everyone, and remember i said that, but not everyone who couldn't make yesterdays game count in what i'm about to say, but a big majority of those who want a ticket for the final just couldn't be bothered going yesterday, and some of those are the folk who probably moan the most.

And if ever there was a case of someone being labeled a glory hunter its them, and you know who you are.

Nowhere to be seen when the club really need you.

Let the abuse begin.

Hibernia&Alba
23-04-2012, 10:58 AM
I was hopeful we'd get well above ten thousand, what with the free kids tickets and the cup final anticipation. Disappointing turnout.

Iceman1875
23-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Ive resigned to the fact I wont be able to get a cup final ticket (not becoming a season ticket member for one game when family time, and golf is on a Saturday!) but I'll still be there supporting the team on Monday the 7th v Dunfermline in arguably the bigger of the two fixtures. How many fans will be at ER that day, 9500 tops 

Franck is God
23-04-2012, 11:33 AM
I was disappointed with the crowd yesterday, we won a cup semi final last week and there were only two home games left in a poor league season where we still need points to be safe.

If there ends up being a general sale for tickets (which I think there will be), one thing I would expect is that you will need to be on the database to qualify for one and the club will have a record of everyone who has bought a ticket for a game this season.

If you do not already qualify for a ticket why would you not go to the game yesterday, I have a season ticket so I have adopted the 'I'm alright Jack' approach but if I wasn't I'd make damn sure I was at the last two home games in the hope that there might be a voucher system going on or at least I could point to my attendance at the games leading up to the final.

The ticket office will already be preparing for all eventualities as far as distributiuon of tickets is concerned and even a simple ticketing program could provide them with a list of names and addresses of those fans who pay as they go and how many games they have been to, those are the fans likely to benefit from a general sale not someone who hasn't been to a match this season.