PDA

View Full Version : Club member cut off date

Littlest Hobo
22-04-2012, 06:18 PM
If I said I wasn't a little miffed at the cut off date for getting cup final tickets being the end of december then I'd be lying. I bought my members ticket in febuary and now find myself having to wait on a public sale for cup final tickets. I'm not saying I desrve this or I desreve that but I'd at least like to know how they arrived at this decision??

Having been to every cup game game in the competition and having been to most home games and one or two away, it feels like ROD has stuck his fingers up at supporters like me who can't afford the outlay of £4oo.

P.S I'll be gutted if I don't get a ticket for this game :panic:

I hope the board know what they are doing :cb

Beefster
22-04-2012, 06:20 PM
If I said I wasn't a little miffed at the cut off date for getting cup final tickets being the end of december then I'd be lying. I bought my members ticket in febuary and now find myself having to wait on a public sale for cup final tickets. I'm not saying I desrve this or I desreve that but I'd at least like to know how they arrived at this decision??

Having been to every cup game game in the competition and having been to most home games and one or two away, it feels like ROD has stuck his fingers up at supporters like me who can't afford the outlay of £4oo.

ALL club members will get a cup final ticket. Only members of The Hibernians, who joined after 31/12/2011, won't.

If you bought the £20 membership, you'll be fine. It's explained on the Hibs website:

*Supporters who have joined the Hibernians scheme after 31 December 2011 will not be included in the priority sale.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120420/cup-final-tickets-_2262950_2742379

Part/Time Supporter
22-04-2012, 06:20 PM
You're wrong. It's only the Hibernians scheme that has a cut off date. Anyone in the membership scheme has priority.

EH54
22-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Think Hibs have to clear this up,

All club members will get a ticket but the amount of people that are reading it the other way is high,

Billy Whizz
22-04-2012, 06:24 PM

I'm not sure about the membership scheme timing, but I know a lot of people like you that attend most games but possibly won't get a ticket for the final. I also know unfortunately a lot of people who will go to the final on the back of a season ticket holder, who haven't spent a penny on buying a ticket at ER for a couple of seasons. I'm sorry but I don't know the solution. I know the club have had a disastrous uptake of new season tickets and are trying to do everything to get this up.
Ever looked at getting an interest free credit card and buying one

Beefster
22-04-2012, 06:24 PM

All club members will get a ticket but the amount of people that are reading it the other way is high,

Because they're not following the asterisk. I thought it was pretty clear as it is.

hibsboy90
22-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Because they're not following the asterisk. I thought it was pretty clear as it is.
Exactly, if you can't follow the explanation properly then you don't deserve a final ticket, regardless of when you became a member...

down-the-slope
22-04-2012, 06:26 PM

Aye its amazing the number than can operate a PC but cannot read :greengrin

Saorsa
22-04-2012, 06:27 PM

All club members will get a ticket but the amount of people that are reading it the other way is high,well they should take their time and read it properly before giving themselves a heart attack. Seems perfectly clear tae me.

Littlest Hobo
22-04-2012, 06:34 PM
ALL club members will get a cup final ticket. Only members of The Hibernians, who joined after 31/12/2011, won't.

If you bought the £20 membership, you'll be fine. It's explained on the Hibs website:

*Supporters who have joined the Hibernians scheme after 31 December 2011 will not be included in the priority sale.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120420/cup-final-tickets-_2262950_2742379

Club Members and Members of The Hibernians

Club Members and Members of The Hibernians scheme (as at 31 December 2011*) will be included in the priority sales period and can purchase 1 ticket per Membership. A separate form for Club Members and Hibernians Members will be made available and sent directly to both groups. Processing of Club Member and Hibernians Member tickets will be completed AFTER the Season Ticket Membership process has ended. Tickets will be reserved for Club Members and Hibernians until this time. Supporters should note the Club Membership scheme is currently closed to new entrants.

The way I'm reading it is that if you became a club member after 31st DEC you are not included in the priority sales period.

Beefster
22-04-2012, 06:34 PM

Club Members and Members of The Hibernians scheme (as at 31 December 2011*) will be included in the priority sales period and can purchase 1 ticket per Membership. A separate form for Club Members and Hibernians Members will be made available and sent directly to both groups. Processing of Club Member and Hibernians Member tickets will be completed AFTER the Season Ticket Membership process has ended. Tickets will be reserved for Club Members and Hibernians until this time. Supporters should note the Club Membership scheme is currently closed to new entrants.

The way I'm reading it is that if you became a club member after 31st DEC you are not included in the priority sales period.

You're reading it wrong.

hibsboy90
22-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Even if the wording is ambiguous, the handy asterisk points you for further clarification. Heard a few guys at ER today moaning they won't get final tickets as they joined in january - petrie's fault apparantly. :rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
22-04-2012, 06:43 PM

The Hibernians scheme is different from the Club Membership scheme.

"Club Members and Members of The Hibernians scheme"...

*Supporters who have joined the Hibernians scheme after 31 December 2011 will not be included in the priority sale."

Golden Bear
22-04-2012, 06:45 PM
well they should take their time and read it properly before giving themselves a heart attack. Seems perfectly clear tae me.

I totally agree.

Littlest Hobo
22-04-2012, 06:53 PM
The Hibernians scheme is different from the Club Membership scheme.

"Club Members and Members of The Hibernians scheme"...

*Supporters who have joined the Hibernians scheme after 31 December 2011 will not be included in the priority sale."

:not worth I think i might be going to the final after all :not worth Thanks guys.....I think:wink: :aok::flag:

totalfootball
24-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Thanks in advance for any help guys. Just off the phone to ticket office, girl assured me that myself, dad and brother we're all entitled to 1 ticket each for final as we are all club members. I had it into my head that we wouldn't be entitled as we haven't had these memberships more than afew months, although obviously we're all on system through buying tickets in the past. Bit confused and don't wana get my hopes up incase woman got confused and gave me wrong info. If anyone can clear this up for me I'd really appreciate it. Cheers

.Sean.
24-04-2012, 04:02 PM
I thought the cup off date for members being able to apply for cup final tickets was the 31st of December 2011 but I could be wrong mate.

jonny
24-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Thanks in advance for any help guys. Just off the phone to ticket office, girl assured me that myself, dad and brother we're all entitled to 1 ticket each for final as we are all club members. I had it into my head that we wouldn't be entitled as we haven't had these memberships more than afew months, although obviously we're all on system through buying tickets in the past. Bit confused and don't wana get my hopes up incase woman got confused and gave me wrong info. If anyone can clear this up for me I'd really appreciate it. Cheers

All club members are entitled to 1 ticket - it's only members of the Hibernians scheme that had to sign up before a certain date to secure a ticket for the final.
You are all entitled to a ticket - the girl was right. I think it was Callum that put a complete breakdown of the way tickets are being prioritised on another thread.

Saorsa
24-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Club members are ok for tickets, the cut off date only applies tae members of the Hibernians scheme. Club Membership and the Hibernians scheme are two totally different things.

NYHibby
24-04-2012, 04:05 PM
If you are each club members, you each get 1 ticket.

Nothing against the OP, but I fail to see how so many people on this site find this so difficult. This has to suggest something about the ability of Scottish schools to teach basic reading comprehension.

lord bunberry
24-04-2012, 04:09 PM
This is like de ja vu I'm sure I've read this many times before

Golden Bear
24-04-2012, 04:13 PM
I thought the cup off date for members being able to apply for cup final tickets was the 31st of December 2011 but I could be wrong mate.

No, No, No - you are certainly wrong!

Saorsa
24-04-2012, 04:20 PM
This is like de ja vu I'm sure I've read this many times beforeI've posted on this same subject about 5 times. Personally I thought the info on the site on this subject was perfectly clear.

Club Members and Members of The Hibernians scheme (as at 31 December 2011*)will be included in the priority sales period and can purchase 1 ticket per Membership.

Stantons Angel
24-04-2012, 04:31 PM
If you are each club members, you each get 1 ticket.

Nothing against the OP, but I fail to see how so many people on this site find this so difficult. This has to suggest something about the ability of Scottish schools to teach basic reading comprehension.

My thoughts on many questions put on here!!!!

Littlest Hobo
24-04-2012, 04:41 PM

There are some real pricks:na na: on this site who think they are so clever, isn't obvious with the ammount of people that have been enquiring about this that you guys are so much more clever than us mere mortals.

So why not give us thick ***** a break and just answer the question in as clear a fashion as possible.:rolleyes:

The facts are that ALL CLUB MEMBERS WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE PRIORITY PROCESS. :thumbsup:

wandering_hibee
24-04-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm a club member but I have no idea what the Hibernian Scheme is - anywhere that I can look for info?

Saorsa
24-04-2012, 04:49 PM
I'm a club member but I have no idea what the Hibernian Scheme is - anywhere that I can look for info?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/HYBS/0,,10290,00.html :aok:

Dr Jimmy
24-04-2012, 04:52 PM

If you are a member of the scheme it just means you are a schemie...........:tumble:

Gatecrasher
24-04-2012, 05:06 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/HYBS/0,,10290,00.html :aok:
I was gonna join that then forgot all about it, i'm going to apply for it anyway as its a good idea. I'll consider it my monthly charitable contribution :greengrin

Heedersnvolleys
24-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Just to put it out there if you were a season ticket holder and are renewing plus gave a a monthly contribution to the "Hibernians Scheme" would you be entitled to 3 tickets?

http://www.hibs.net/webkit-fake-url://73B9EF32-0B25-4B53-996F-5BFC87B22435/imagegif

Hibernia&Alba
24-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Just to put it out there if you were a season ticket holder and are renewing plus gave a a monthly contribution to the "Hibernians Scheme" would you be entitled to 3 tickets?

http://www.hibs.net/webkit-fake-url://73B9EF32-0B25-4B53-996F-5BFC87B22435/imagegif

I believe so, yes. It's one for each qualifying method.

greenlex
24-04-2012, 05:53 PM

Yes. One ticket for each category.

Heedersnvolleys
24-04-2012, 05:54 PM
I believe so, yes. It's one for each qualifying method.
Wonder what the numbers are for that scheme?:hmmm:
Don't imagine it will effect the numbers greatly.

N.Wales Hibby
24-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Go easy Lads. The OP and others like him are a bit confused about the two membership schemes and have come on her for help and clarification from fellow Hibby's. They are worried they may not get a ticket for the final and are seeking reassurance that everything is OK.

thebakerboy
24-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Think the problem is that in the original statement , at least the one that I saw , there was no ASTERISK and qualifying statement below. I knew I was OK 'cause I took mine out in December and I can read and understand the statement both before and after the alteration.