PDA

View Full Version : Creativity in centre midfield?!

Cameron1875
22-04-2012, 06:13 PM
There isn't any. We don't have a player in the middle of the park that can put his foot on the ball and make things happen. Claros can find a pass but is more a deep lying playmaker (Football manager reference:wink:) which means we have no one who can play off the striker or run into the box e.g Scott brown of old.

Until we sign one then we are going to struggle to score goals unless leigh or garry bail us out.

down-the-slope
22-04-2012, 06:18 PM
There isn't any. We don't have a player in the middle of the park that can put his foot on the ball and make things happen. Claros can find a pass but is more a deep lying playmaker (Football manager reference:wink:) which means we have no one who can play off the striker or run into the box e.g Scott brown of old.

Until we sign one then we are going to struggle to score goals unless leigh or garry bail us out.

Sammy Stanton....next year I hope wil do this

Cocaine&Caviar
22-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Hopeful for a couple of players next year.
Elgin physio was praising Danny Handling but reckons he's still a bit light. played out on the wing but up against a brick ****house.

Get Murray Davidson signed up, free transfer this summer, proven in the SPL and an Embra Lad.

Sammy7nil
22-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Creativity FULL STOP

We lack it all over the pitch.

Leigh is the only one who looks like he may create a chance.

Andy74
22-04-2012, 06:38 PM

I think the central midfielders can pass but we have no wide players who can pass or go past people. It's some quality wide that we really need. And pace.

Pretty Boy
22-04-2012, 06:42 PM
I think the central midfielders can pass but we have no wide players who can pass or go past people. It's some quality wide that we really need. And pace.

Key word there is pace.

We have lacked it for a good few seasons now.

Without real natural pace in a side everything is going to look laboured.

Jonnyboy
22-04-2012, 07:35 PM

Like Ozzy today you mean? It'll be Lewis' fault though :wink:

TornadoHibby
22-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Like Ozzy today you mean? It'll be Lewis' fault though :wink:

Thought Lewis had an excellent game today! :agree:

Jonnyboy
22-04-2012, 07:59 PM

Indeed he did :agree:

SneakersO'Toole
22-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Ozzy and Stevenson are a decent central midfield pairing.

Sproule and Soares/Claros out wide are not what we need.

I know where I would focus new signings on. Let's say Andy74 is spot on IMO.

S.sct
22-04-2012, 08:09 PM

Totally agree, this was obvious today and has been all season. It's been said before (and won't happen) but I would play Booth in front of Kujabi. Not sure about his crossing ability but he will go by players which would create space and he is left footed!!!!!

HibeeBigFly
22-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Get Murray Davidson signed up, free transfer this summer, proven in the SPL and an Embra Lad.

Wanted this signing made last season. Mentioned in press today that pf was watching Paul cairney yesterday. Would also be a great signing imo.

Alfred E Newman
22-04-2012, 08:13 PM
He is our best midfield player by a country mile and that says it all really.

hibee_girl
22-04-2012, 08:15 PM

He always does when he's on the left :agree:

number9dream
23-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Not sure Ozzy, Claros and Lewis can all play together. It should be two from those three in the middle of the park.
They all offer hard graft but are rarely going to open up a defence with a pass or run beyond our strikers.
Our other options are pretty limited but, if PF is sticking with a basic 4-4-2, then two from Soares, Sproule, Wotherspoon, Francomb should make up the rest of the midfield.
Hard to believe Booth isn't worth a run wide on the left but he appears to be right out of the picture.
Not sure why PF has O'Hanlon and Stephens on bench either, surely one of those guys would do as cover.

Players mentioned like M Davidson, D Shiels & J Hayes would all improve the team and we can surely offer them better wages (but we thought that about Jim Goodwin and will not be at the races if giants like Stevenage or Mk Dons are interested).

The Sea-gull
23-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Not sure Ozzy, Claros and Lewis can all play together. It should be two from those three in the middle of the park.They all offer hard graft but are rarely going to open up a defence with a pass or run beyond our strikers.
Our other options are pretty limited but, if PF is sticking with a basic 4-4-2, then two from Soares, Sproule, Wotherspoon, Francomb should make up the rest of the midfield.
Hard to believe Booth isn't worth a run wide on the left but he appears to be right out of the picture.
Not sure why PF has O'Hanlon and Stephens on bench either, surely one of those guys would do as cover.

Players mentioned like M Davidson, D Shiels & J Hayes would all improve the team and we can surely offer them better wages (but we thought that about Jim Goodwin and will not be at the races if giants like Stevenage or Mk Dons are interested).

Think you are bang on the money there. PF is trying to play three central midfielders in a 4-4-2.

If he is going to play the three of them then he should adopt a 4-3-3 as it would suit them better as Claros looks like he likes to sit with a bit of industry coming from Stevenson and Ozzy. Could then go with a front three of Sproule, G O'C and Griffiths. Griffiths drifts out wide a lot anyway and a roaming role up front would suit him.

fit o' the walk
23-04-2012, 10:14 AM
I think Booth is worth a shout in left midfield,esp,if Soares is struggling with his fitness,Booth is one of the very few players we have who can drive forward,he has also got a bit pace to track back and help out Kujabi in defence. Thoughts ?

frazeHFC
23-04-2012, 10:17 AM
I am also praying that Stanton and Handling get games and do well next season. Heard really good things about them so heres hoping they can make the next level.

The Sea-gull
23-04-2012, 10:34 AM
I think Booth is worth a shout in left midfield,esp,if Soares is struggling with his fitness,Booth is one of the very few players we have who can drive forward,he has also got a bit pace to track back and help out Kujabi in defence. Thoughts ?

Thoughts are that, defensively, a left side of Kujabi and Booth scares me. Defending is neithers strong point.

Would maybe do better coming forward with Booth in the team though. Sproule is not proving too effective down the left in a 4-4-2.

fit o' the walk
23-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Thoughts are that, defensively, a left side of Kujabi and Booth scares me. Defending is neithers strong point.

Would maybe do better coming forward with Booth in the team though. Sproule is not proving too effective down the left in a 4-4-2.Without a doubt neither of them are strong defensively,but maybe with Booth helping out when needed would be ok,i would like to see how Booth would do as an attacking midfielder rather than left back.

Juice-Terry
23-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Ozzy can't make a decent pass to save his life. Great industry, yes; but his passing is diabolical.