View Full Version : Deano.....

22-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Anyone else see Deano refuse to celebrate the penalty in front of Hibs fans?.....telling the Killie players to simply get back for the restart.

.....well done son. You went way up in my estimation after that. :top marks,

22-04-2012, 06:01 PM
He's just the type of player we need to link the midfield to the front line.

Happy to see him respect the home crowd by not celebrating his goal. He had a good game and worked his arse off for his team.

soupy
22-04-2012, 06:11 PM
I wish he had actively went out his way to offer his services to hibs instead of another SPL club. :-))

22-04-2012, 06:17 PM

Happy to see him respect the home crowd by not celebrating his goal. He had a good game and worked his arse off for his team.

You may get your wish if what I have been told is correct. A couple of the boys on here will prob know better though.

22-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Would take him back in an instant.

As said above, the type of player we're missing.

22-04-2012, 06:20 PM

Absolutely! Bags of heart, pace, energy, links well and above all has....COMMITMENT!

22-04-2012, 06:21 PM

Me tae!

1875_hibs
22-04-2012, 06:22 PM

Was talking to him and Paul Hefferman in a club in Prestwick a couple of weeks ago. He said his goal at Tynecastle in the 2-1 game was the most enjoyable moment of his career. He offered to buy me a drink but I bought him one instead :) top guy!

Reaper
22-04-2012, 06:27 PM

Thought this was the case until he rolled about on the deck greeting like a bairn when there was **** all wrong wi him.....Twice.

22-04-2012, 06:27 PM
I was told him and his dad have a real appreciation for hibs for all the help and support he got after his eye operation

22-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Thought this was the case until he rolled about on the deck greeting like a bairn when there was **** all wrong wi him.....Twice.

So what? Just about every player I watch does the same thing if it helps their team win.

woodythehibee
22-04-2012, 06:33 PM
I was told him and his dad have a real appreciation for hibs for all the help and support he got after his eye operation

Correct. It's in today's Sunday Sun. Shiels Snr has a lot of respect for Rod and Hibs and wants us to lift the cup :agree:

22-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Any real Hibby would have blasted the baw over the bar Chris Patterson style:agree:

22-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Any real Hibby would have blasted the baw over the bar Chris Patterson style:agree:

He practically hit it down the middle. Not his fault brown dived out the way :greengrin

22-04-2012, 06:45 PM
I wish he had actively went out his way to offer his services to hibs instead of another SPL club. :-))

I believe he was offered to Hibs before signing for Killie but Clueless wasn't interested.

22-04-2012, 07:05 PM
He's a more rounded, better player than when he was at Hibs.

Don't get me wrong, he was very talented when he was last here but a bit inconsistent and immature in a football sense.

A couple of years sown south have worked wonders, I'd take him back in an instant. Very, very good player.

Reaper
22-04-2012, 07:22 PM
So what? Just about every player I watch does the same thing if it helps their team win.

Maybe so but it doesn't mean I have to like it. I don't like it when any players cheats, dives or rolls around like they've been shot wether they're an ex-player or not. I presume you'll be okay with Blaqck doing it on the 19th?

22-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Anyone else see Deano refuse to celebrate the penalty in front of Hibs fans?.....telling the Killie players to simply get back for the restart.

.....well done son. You went way up in my estimation after that. :top marks,

:agree: He was always up there in my estimation. Can't believe how he came to leave. Would get a game for us still - I am sure of it.

22-04-2012, 07:41 PM
His ball retention today was phenomenal. I only noticed him losing possession once and that was after a waist high torpedo pass from a team mate that Zidane couldn't have controlled in his prime.

22-04-2012, 07:48 PM

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4271202/I-can-never-repay-Rod-for-all-he-did-for-my-boy-Dean.html :aok:

22-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Imagine him for us in the final. We would all feel much more confident. He's the kind of player we are missing...

22-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Can this be the same Dean Shiels that many on here couldn't wait to see the back of?

I liked him when he was here before and I'd like him here again as he is better than any of our midfielders, including those that have played in the EPL

PS - Wish he'd stop whingin' though :greengrin

22-04-2012, 08:01 PM
< Love Deano as a player, and he's a real nice guy off the park too.
Always thought he'd become a better player under the right boss (maybe not yer Dad though!) and given a consistent run as a first team first pick. He is exactly the attacking midfielder we need.
I know he scored in a few derbies, but my lasting memory of him is at Livi, when he came on late for a misfiring, and very frustrating on the night O'connor or Riordan and scored the winner, great finish with 5 minutes to go. :aok:

22-04-2012, 08:01 PM
I believe he was offered to Hibs before signing for Killie but Clueless wasn't interested.

heard the same, i was also told he lives in the flats opposite the west stand? and his mum and dad live close to ER too

22-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Maybe so but it doesn't mean I have to like it. I don't like it when any players cheats, dives or rolls around like they've been shot wether they're an ex-player or not. I presume you'll be okay with Blaqck doing it on the 19th?

I can't say it'll overly concern me.

22-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Can this be the same Dean Shiels that many on here couldn't wait to see the back of?

I liked him when he was here before and I'd like him here again as he is better than any of our midfielders, including those that have played in the EPL

PS - Wish he'd stop whingin' though :greengrin

I agree he does like a girn. Much more all round player now and he would be a class act for Hibs again.

woodythehibee
22-04-2012, 08:44 PM
heard the same, i was also told he lives in the flats opposite the west stand? and his mum and dad live close to ER too

22-04-2012, 09:00 PM
I can't say it'll overly concern me.

So we're 1-0 down in the closing stages of the Cup Final, pushing hard for an equaliser and Black goes down like he's been shot rolling around holding his face, trying to get Griffiths sent off when he wasn't even touched. And you wouldnae care?

22-04-2012, 09:56 PM
So we're 1-0 down in the closing stages of the Cup Final, pushing hard for an equaliser and Black goes down like he's been shot rolling around holding his face, trying to get Griffiths sent off when he wasn't even touched. And you wouldnae care?

Utterly irrelevant seeing as we weren't pushing hard for anything today. Both times Deano went down he'd had someone go right through him and no way was he time wasting.

Good to see an ex-player showing respect for the club for a change. Be welcome back anytime in my book.

22-04-2012, 10:02 PM
I think he's a much better player these days than the one we had. He is stronger, fitter and confident in his own ability, he would certainly improve our team imo.

22-04-2012, 10:59 PM

He stays in Glasgow.

HibeeEmma
23-04-2012, 01:34 PM
I think he's a much better player these days than the one we had. He is stronger, fitter and confident in his own ability, he would certainly improve our team imo.

Another player who didn't see the peak of their game at Hibs....