22-04-2012, 05:52 PM
..Why? :confused:

DaveF
22-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Pass.

His challenge on Bell was a top quality rugby league hit :greengrin

Sudds_1
22-04-2012, 06:12 PM
I just don't get what he has to offer.....

Pace? no
Holds the ball up? no
Good in the air? no
Natural goal scorer? no
Impact Player? no

so..............why? :confused:

Andy74
22-04-2012, 06:41 PM
I just don't get what he has to offer.....

Pace? no
Holds the ball up? no
Good in the air? no
Natural goal scorer? no
Impact Player? no

so..............why? :confused:

He is actually quite pacy. He also scored a decent header that sent us on our way to Hampden.

Sudds_1
22-04-2012, 06:53 PM
He is actually quite pacy. He also scored a decent header that sent us on our way to Hampden.

If you mean Ayr....speculative header that was more lucky than skillful.

If he has pace I've not seen him use it productively. Whats wrong with Doyle? At least he gets in amongst it and causes bother (and scores the odd goal!). O'Donovan couldn't start a fight in a hearts pub wi a Hibs top singing Sunshine on Leith

Bishop Hibee
22-04-2012, 07:00 PM
We'd have been better off keeping Sodje. Simply makes up the numbers and there is no way we will sign him once his loan period is up (unless he scores the winner in the final in which case he can play every game until his 50th birthday :greengrin ).

Broken Gnome
22-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Outside of his two (?) goals, I can't think of any decent contribution of his to any of our play; passes, skill, decent efforts, nothing. Aside from closing down a bit. The keeper challenge was symbolic of someone utterly brainless.

He'll still be someone that contributed to a Scottish Cup winning run though.

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Personally i think he's not very good, but he has made a couple of useful contributions since arriving. I cant see him at the club next season, well i hope he's not. If he is we wont have improved the forward line much.

IWasThere2016
22-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Poor player IMHO. Two decent goals but there's nowt there.

Emerald
22-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Pash and couldn't lace Sodje's boots. Adds nothing.

DH1875
22-04-2012, 10:29 PM
He's dross and if you know any Utd fans they'll tell you the same :agree:.

Shrekko
22-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Not SPL class and that's saying something these days. Thats not really what worries me though as he just doesn't appear to have the drive or determination to make an impact of any kind in games. Not what you need in a relegation battle or heaven forbid in a cup final.

Don't want to be harsh on a player who's on loan but I'm really disappointed in his constant non-performances. That run he had when he started a few games with Griffiths.... somebody should have introduced the pair of them as they were (like today) never anywhere near each other. The fact that Leigh manages to work well with O'Connor and Doyle tells it's own story IMO.

Judas Iscariot
22-04-2012, 11:03 PM
I'll be blunt..

He's ****ing ***** :aok:

BEEJ
23-04-2012, 12:18 PM
The sooner we can escape from the threat of relegation, the sooner we can enlist the likes of young Caldwell and give him some game time.

Like the OP, I don't see what O'Donovan brings to the party.

Hibercelona
23-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Never really got the hype with him myself.

But I think calling him "utter *****" is a bit out of order.

We're in a Scottish Cup final and even although he's not great, he has still played his part in getting us there.

I don't think this is the time to be having a go at players, we should be getting behind each and every one of them.

Judas Iscariot
23-04-2012, 12:25 PM
What "Hype" ?!

Musta missed that :confused:

Phil MaGlass
23-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Its all part of fenlons cunning plan to put the yams on the back foot for the final

Hibercelona
23-04-2012, 12:29 PM
What "Hype" ?!

Musta missed that :confused:

You must have.

I recall him being rated as one of our top loan signings just a couple of months ago. :rolleyes:

easty
23-04-2012, 12:43 PM
You must have.

I recall him being rated as one of our top loan signings just a couple of months ago. :rolleyes:

You sure?

JimBHibees
23-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Thought it was a good opportunity for him yesterday getting half an hour or so and would have hoped to have seen a bit more get up and go. He didnt get great service however think he should have put himself about a bit more, WWE challange in the goalie aside. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
23-04-2012, 12:53 PM
You must have.

Naw, you just made that up. Nobody was cock a hoop about us signing him, in fact there were one or two of us who said he was not up to much, but were prepared to wait and see what he produced in a hibs shirt.

Part/Time Supporter
23-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Naw, you just made that up. Nobody was cock a hoop about us signing him, in fact there were one or two of us who said he was not up to much, but were prepared to wait and see what he produced in a hibs shirt.

TBH, him scoring goals in the wins at Killie and Ayr mean that he has produced more than most folk expected.

The Sea-gull
23-04-2012, 12:55 PM

Haven't seen the pace but it was a decent and important finish at Ayr. Suggestions elsewhere on the thread that it was lucky are unfair. The amount of luck in his goal at Killie is a better debate!

Fair play for trying to pick positives as ever but overall he has been poor. Convinced he was only ever signed as there was not much available at the time and a make up the numbers player if ever we have had one. Comment that we may have been better keeping Sodje does have some merit to it though Sodje can't play in a wide role, something which we are told R O'D can do but have yet to see him used for this despite our ineffective wide play and creativity this season.

The way our season is poised though, he could end up being a hero with goals that keep us up and win the cup!

blackpoolhibs
23-04-2012, 12:59 PM
TBH, him scoring goals in the wins at Killie and Ayr mean that he has produced more than most folk expected.

Yip i said further up, he's produced a couple of times for us but overall imo he's not nearly up to what standard i'd like at Hibs. Although to be fair, i could go through the whole team saying the same, bar one or two.

davhibby
25-04-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm not sure if there has already been a thread about him but would like to know others thoughts on him.
IMO he puts in effort but he doesn't seem to have a clue and the moment on sunday when he fouled the keeper just summed him up for me.