PDA

View Full Version : spoony

hugo boss
22-04-2012, 05:19 PM
i know he was a sub today but after watching him since he first broke into the hibs team....no pace no skill never beats the first man with his crosses always fouls...not good enough in my eyes..although i do realise he is a young player maybe needs to drop down a league.

The Voice Of Reason
22-04-2012, 05:22 PM
i know he was a sub today but after watching him since he first broke into the hibs team....no pace no skill never beats the first man with his crosses always fouls...not good enough in my eyes..although i do realise he is a young player maybe needs to drop down a league.

He did OK against Cowdenbeath - that is his level (at best).

He is murder.

P.S Get ready for Wotherspooniesta to come on here and have a go at you! :wink:

hibsbollah
22-04-2012, 05:23 PM
My patience has run out im afraid. Not good enough.

hugo boss
22-04-2012, 05:23 PM
He did OK against Cowdenbeath - that is his level (at best).

He is murder.

P.S Get ready for Wotherspooniesta to come on here and have a go at you! :wink: ha ha even last wee when he came on he couldnt cross his free kick was brutal

ShanksSaidNo
22-04-2012, 05:25 PM

Wotherspoon is a centre midfielder. Until he gets a run in that position I find it highly unfair that he is being slaughtered. He came on and made the difference in the semi final and has received very little credit for that.

Hibercelona
22-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Wotherspoon is a centre midfielder. Until he gets a run in that position I find it highly unfair that he is being slaughtered. He came on and made the difference in the semi final and has received very little credit for that.

Looked very sharp in the semi. :agree:

He needs to show that confidence more often and not be afraid to take on players when wing attacking.

SneakersO'Toole
22-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Wotherspoon will never make it at SPL level, been saying this for months.

The fact are saying he is a central midfielder is laughable. Solid SPL midfielders like Ian Black and Murray Davidson would own him.

He needs to move away from Hibs to develop his career, most likely in division 1. Although if Hibs continue their 2nd half performance today into their remaining games then he won't need to move clubs to do this.

ancient hibee
22-04-2012, 05:35 PM
It worries me that he is becoming the new Ross Chisholm-always pointing to other players to do things.I think there is a player there but for a young guy he seems to have no go in him and his head goes down far too easily-at least he lost his rag with the ref.

Judas Iscariot
22-04-2012, 05:36 PM
He's awful..

Only a semi decent cameo last week but brutal all season otherwise

Reaper
22-04-2012, 05:37 PM
:aok:

Wotherspiniesta
22-04-2012, 05:43 PM

:agree:

He made a great contribution last week when he came on and helped swing the game in our favour.

Didn't have a similar impact this week but he must have been on the park for about 15 minutes? :confused:

P.S I see his buggest fan waited a whole 3 minutes to have a pop. :rolleyes:

The Voice Of Reason
22-04-2012, 05:49 PM
:agree:

He made a great contribution last week when he came on and helped swing the game in our favour.

Didn't have a similar impact this week but he must have been on the park for about 15 minutes? :confused:

P.S I see his buggest fan waited a whole 3 minutes to have a pop. :rolleyes:

:a bite:

P.S I didn't start the thread !

P.P.S I thought he actually did OK when he came on in the semi :agree:

Wotherspiniesta
22-04-2012, 05:57 PM
[/B]

:a bite:

P.S I didn't start the thread !

P.P.S I thought he actually did OK when he came on in the semi :agree:

:dizzy:

It's good that you think that. He's not been great this season, but the players (Spoony included, as he certainly is a confidence player) need all the encouragement they can get between now and the final. Not saying people can't have an opinion on players, but we've got the biggest game in our history coming up in about a months time. Let's get behind the team.

SquashedFrogg
22-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Actually feel sorry for him and still believe he's got it.

When he broke through under Yogi he had bags of confidence. I remember his shot against Celtic the Boruc "just " saved. That to me highlighted his confidence at the time. Not sure whats happened but I'm guessing CC didn't help :dunno:

Also, when our last batch of youngsters came through the team were buzzing with confidence which is great for young players. This team has been struggling for a while now.

Dunno really, just feel it's too early to assume he's not got it?

smurf
22-04-2012, 07:27 PM
It is inevitable he will leave and do well at another club though....

stanton10
23-04-2012, 03:31 PM
:dizzy:

It's good that you think that. He's not been great this season, but the players (Spoony included, as he certainly is a confidence player) need all the encouragement they can get between now and the final. Not saying people can't have an opinion on players, but we've got the biggest game in our history coming up in about a months time. Let's get behind the team.

Sorry, had more chances than anyone as said before not got it ,

Mikey
23-04-2012, 03:35 PM
If he comes on in the final be sure to boo him :aok:

Elephant Stone
23-04-2012, 03:42 PM

After 94 games?

Brooster
23-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Threads like this are an embarassment. One of the best young talents in the Scottish game getting slaughtered by his own fans. We have some massive games coming up therfore would it not be a good idea to get behind these guys. I watched him regularly at 19s level (at left midfield) and he was a cut above the rest and I still think he has the ability to be a really good for Hibs if he has the right players around him.........similar to McPake bringing the best out of Hanlon.

marinello59
23-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Threads like this are an embarassment. One of the best young talents in the Scottish game getting slaughtered by his own fans. We have some massive games coming up therfore would it not be a good idea to get behind these guys. I watched him regularly at 19s level (at left midfield) and he was a cut above the rest and I still think he has the ability to be a really good for Hibs if he has the right players around him.........similar to McPake bringing the best out of Hanlon.

:top marks

SMAXXA
23-04-2012, 03:47 PM

So all we need now is another 10 players around him to bring out the best in him. I've seen plenty of him and he's definaly not developed into a player. Agree tho he does have ability but imo not good enough to play in a top 4 or even 6 team.

Stevo1875
23-04-2012, 04:53 PM
lewis was murder when played in different positions when establishing himself. spoony has had the same, and young players can only benefit from stability, which we have not had. i'd keep him and give him a run in a position he is suited to... too much potential to let go at this stage.

essexhibee
23-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Has looked a different player when played through the middle .....

Wotherspiniesta
23-04-2012, 05:28 PM

Lacked a bit of confidence this season, but he's been shifted left right and centre. In this season alone he has played right back, left midfield, right midfield, centre midfield and striker. When Hanlon broke through people weren't sure which position suited him best, left back or centre back. He's been given a long run in his favoured position alongside a very good centre back partner and has come on leaps and bounds in the past few months. I've always stated that I think D should be playing in central midfield. Given a run in the team, I reckon Ozzy (Xavi) and Spoony (Iniesta) could work well together. Our midfield hasn't exactly been pulling up trees and everyone we play in CM seems to get a nosebleed 40 yards from goal. It would be well worth a look in the lead up to the final IMO.

SMAXXA
23-04-2012, 05:50 PM

Lacked a bit of confidence this season, but he's been shifted left right and centre. In this season alone he has played right back, left midfield, right midfield, centre midfield and striker. When Hanlon broke through people weren't sure which position suited him best, left back or centre back. He's been given a long run in his favoured position alongside a very good centre back partner and has come on leaps and bounds in the past few months. I've always stated that I think D should be playing in central midfield. Given a run in the team, I reckon Ozzy (Xavi) and Spoony (Iniesta) could work well together. Our midfield hasn't exactly been pulling up trees and everyone we play in CM seems to get a nosebleed 40 yards from goal. It would be well worth a look in the lead up to the final IMO.

Not a chance ad be playing him centre midfield in the last few games never mind with a view to play him in the final. Hed do well to make the bench for me in the final.

If he stays maybee we will see a new and vastly improved player next season. I hope so as I think he seems a decent enough lad.

JimBHibees
24-04-2012, 08:56 AM

Completely agree Hibs really must have some of the worst supporters on the planet.

He is a talent as proven with his u21 form he hasnt had a great season however IMO can still come good with a bit of encouragement and patience.

patlowe
24-04-2012, 12:14 PM
I've got a foot in both camps here. I rate Wotherspoon highly and feel confidence issues mask an incredible amount of ability. However, he needs to find some level of consistency and authority quickly as I'm not sure Fenlon has the luxury of waiting for players to decide whether they really want it.

Speedway
24-04-2012, 12:31 PM
It worries me that he is becoming the new Ross Chisholm-always pointing to other players to do things.I think there is a player there but for a young guy he seems to have no go in him and his head goes down far too easily-at least he lost his rag with the ref.

Where is Ross these days?

I know one of his old coaches and some of his family and they are at a loss to explain his performances. They feel he's got bags of talent and we aren't seeing it.

Personally, he looks knackered very early on when he plays from the start. Don't know why this is.

hopefulhibby
24-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Actually feel sorry for him and still believe he's got it.

When he broke through under Yogi he had bags of confidence. I remember his shot against Celtic the Boruc "just " saved. That to me highlighted his confidence at the time. Not sure whats happened but I'm guessing CC didn't help :dunno:

Also, when our last batch of youngsters came through the team were buzzing with confidence which is great for young players. This team has been struggling for a while now.

I dont know what some Hibs fans expect of young players, last year when we had that fantastic run we had the youngest defence in the SPL (Booth, Stephens, Hanlon, and Towell) the only one in the team since PF took over is Hanlon and our SPL record is worse, so is this the future of Hibs development programme under PF or do we have a player development programme?, if so what is it?

Saorsa
24-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Threads like this are an embarassment. One of the best young talents in the Scottish game getting slaughtered by his own fans. We have some massive games coming up therfore would it not be a good idea to get behind these guys. I watched him regularly at 19s level (at left midfield) and he was a cut above the rest and I still think he has the ability to be a really good for Hibs if he has the right players around him.........similar to McPake bringing the best out of Hanlon.:top marks

.Sean.
24-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Well said Stevie.

I watched him a fair bit for the 19's, an he along with Booth and Welsh were head and shoulders above their peers IMO.

stanton10
25-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Well said Stevie.

I watched him a fair bit for the 19's, an he along with Booth and Welsh were head and shoulders above their peers IMO.

Crap,

MSK
25-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Crap,Oh there you are ..surprised to see you on a Spoony thread ..

stanton10
25-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Oh there you are ..surprised to see you on a Spoony thread ..

Thats, what it is for we all have our own thoughts i am sure you would agree ,maybee not.