PDA

View Full Version : Club update on cup final tickets

hibbybrian
22-04-2012, 04:53 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120422/cup-final-tickets-update-_2262950_2744684

CallumLaidlaw
22-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Very interesting about the ring fenced tickets. Just shows that they listen to fans! Maybe the 1% claiming blackmail etc will
Shut up now

danhibees1875
22-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Wonder how they plan to do allocate them?

I also can't work out their logic in saying there will probably be no public sale = all our tickets are going to go at st and members priority stages, then taking 200 to one side... Only way that can work would be members not being able to get tickets surely?

I still think there will be a couple thousand for public sale.

Westie1875
22-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Very interesting about the ring fenced tickets. Just shows that they listen to fans! Maybe the 1% claiming blackmail etc will
Shut up now

Don't hold your breath :greengrin

Interesting that 1000 STs have been sold since Fri lunchtime, that is excellent news for Hibs. :thumbsup:

hibbybrian
22-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Wonder how they plan to do allocate them?

I also can't work out their logic in saying there will probably be no public sale = all our tickets are going to go at st and members priority stages, then taking 200 to one side... Only way that can work would be members not being able to get tickets surely?

I still think there will be a couple thousand for public sale.

Probably but with over 1000 Season Ticket Memberships for 2012/13 having been sold since Friday lunchtime some supporters don't fancy the risk of a chance of a ticket against a certainty.

Well played Petrie :greengrin

HibeesLA
22-04-2012, 05:13 PM
I was hoping that they may do something for international folks that want to attend that may not have friends that can get them that 2nd ticket.

That, of course, is just one example.

Onceinawhile
22-04-2012, 05:15 PM
200 tickets? It's a bit of a token gesture, but one they didn't need to make I suppose.

Jack
22-04-2012, 05:25 PM
I was hoping that they may do something for international folks that want to attend that may not have friends that can get them that 2nd ticket.

Totally agree with that. Folk willing to travel 1000s of miles in some cases deserve a ticket.

The Green Goblin
22-04-2012, 05:28 PM

That's exactly my position. I was hoping the same.

jgl07
22-04-2012, 05:37 PM

I seem to recall that in the past Hibs have been highly sympathetic to those prepared to travel long distances.

Nuitdelune
22-04-2012, 05:39 PM

Does John O'Groats count as international? :wink:

EH54
22-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Keep your stub from today, I can see the 200 going to the guys that was there today

Penrith Hibee
22-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Shut up now

As part of that 1%, the fact the club have ring fenced 200 tickets for 'pay at the gate' customers means nothing at this time and does not change my interpretation that Rod the accountant is doing what's best for HFC in his eyes, making sure the balance sheet is okay. I have no problem with people with ST's members etc.. getting priority, you deserve it but Rod is counting on people like myself, who can't guarantee to be able to attend the majority of games, especially those on Sundays, to buy a ST to guarantee a ticket for a final (which will be my 5th if I get a ticket). That to me is emotional blackmail, but the point with any sort of blackmail is that the person subject of the demand, does not have to pay. So I will wait for any general sale and use contacts if not successful but will not be bull dozed into paying £450 for a cup final ticket and the odd game next season, hopefully in the SPL of course.

Whatever happens, I bleed green and white, I'm not greetin and cursing, just patiently pointing out my view and yes, my family had ST's for the Tic 3-0 final year, traveling a 400 mile round trip for each home game, but times and money available changes things. One last 'alleged' story about Rod after our latest defeat to the yams. Confronted by smirking Yam officials crowing about the score, Rod replied "aye, but whose got the best balance sheet!" or something along those lines. Sums up the man in charge of our club. Accountant through and through but not football.

dp00
22-04-2012, 06:18 PM
I think it will be those who were at game today tbh

joe_hfc
22-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Do we a way of this site's users who have spare tickets sell them to those of us who need one? I'm in need of 2

:flag:

Hibbyradge
22-04-2012, 06:28 PM
As part of that 1%, the fact the club have ring fenced 200 tickets for 'pay at the gate' customers means nothing at this time and does not change my interpretation that Rod the accountant is doing what's best for HFC in his eyes, making sure the balance sheet is okay. I have no problem with people with ST's members etc.. getting priority, you deserve it but Rod is counting on people like myself, who can't guarantee to be able to attend the majority of games, especially those on Sundays, to buy a ST to guarantee a ticket for a final (which will be my 5th if I get a ticket). That to me is emotional blackmail, but the point with any sort of blackmail is that the person subject of the demand, does not have to pay. So I will wait for any general sale and use contacts if not successful but will not be bull dozed into paying £450 for a cup final ticket and the odd game next season, hopefully in the SPL of course.

Whatever happens, I bleed green and white, I'm not greetin and cursing, just patiently pointing out my view and yes, my family had ST's for the Tic 3-0 final year, traveling a 400 mile round trip for each home game, but times and money available changes things.

Idiotic post, purely designed to kick at Rod Petrie.

Why didn't you become a club member?

Rod the accountant only wanted £20 for that and you'd have been guaranteed a ticket.

One last 'alleged' story about Rod after our latest defeat to the yams. Confronted by smirking Yam officials crowing about the score, Rod replied "aye, but whose got the best balance sheet!" or something along those lines. Sums up the man in charge of our club. Accountant through and through but not football.

Did you know there's no such word as gullible in the English dictionary?

Beefster
22-04-2012, 06:28 PM

I'd email the club if I was in your positions. I can't see them being completely heartless about it, if you're prepared to travel over for the game.

Keep your stub from today, I can see the 200 going to the guys that was there today

Not a chance. They can't announce in a week or two that folk should have kept their stubs from the Killie game. Some folk will have binned them already.

I think that they'll look at their database to see if they can pick some 'most deserving' non-ST holder or members. Hence why the number is so low, any higher and it would presumably take them ages to do.

Beefster
22-04-2012, 06:30 PM

Whatever happens, I bleed green and white, I'm not greetin and cursing, just patiently pointing out my view and yes, my family had ST's for the Tic 3-0 final year, traveling a 400 mile round trip for each home game, but times and money available changes things. One last 'alleged' story about Rod after our latest defeat to the yams. Confronted by smirking Yam officials crowing about the score, Rod replied "aye, but whose got the best balance sheet!" or something along those lines. Sums up the man in charge of our club. Accountant through and through but not football.

If you had a ST in 2000/01 (and got priority for the 2000/01 cup final), I can't understand why Hibs have ignored you for the 2011/12 cup final. A ST should guarantee you a cup final ticket for life.

Beefster
22-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Do we a way of this site's users who have spare tickets sell them to those of us who need one? I'm in need of 2

:flag:

I don't want to be rude but we've got folk whining about ST holders getting two tickets. It might be best to start off asking for one ticket and see how that goes.

1875HFC
22-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Folk on here would soon start whining and complaining if Hibs was run by a hard core football fan who had a passion for the sport but didnt have a business brain. The club would pretty rapidly go into financial turnmoil so IMO Petrie has pulled off a masterstroke to capitalise on a big moment for HIbs and boost the club income whislt at the same time promoting individuals to come back and watch our team for next season.

Imagine the field day people would have posting criticisms about Hibs when they are threatened with administration because whoever runs the club doesnt have the drive to make the club a profitable company.

anyway on a lighter note...hope everyone will be behind the team on the 19th May no matter what!!:flag::flag::flag:

Nakedmanoncrack
22-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Probably but with over 1000 Season Ticket Memberships for 2012/13 having been sold since Friday lunchtime some supporters don't fancy the risk of a chance of a ticket against a certainty.

Well played Petrie :greengrin

It doesn't say how many of these are renewals rather than new STs.

J-C
22-04-2012, 06:49 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120422/cup-final-tickets-update-_2262950_2744684

Whoop de friggin whoop....................a whole 200 tickets for all the supporters not connected to any of the schemes, well, looks like it's the pub for me. :confused:

J-C
22-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Idiotic post, purely designed to kick at Rod Petrie.

Why didn't you become a club member?

Rod the accountant only wanted £20 for that and you'd have been guaranteed a ticket.

Did you know there's no such word as gullible in the English dictionary?

I'm sure a lot of us didn't expect to get to a cup final this year, hence why the club membership wasn't taken by even more of us. As said, trying to use the cup final just to boost season tickets is wrong, there are many supporters who can't make a lot of games due to work/money problems etc, asking us to fork out £405 just to make sure we get a final ticket is wrong.

Eyrie
22-04-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm sure a lot of us didn't expect to get to a cup final this year, hence why the club membership wasn't taken by even more of us. As said, trying to use the cup final just to boost season tickets is wrong, there are many supporters who can't make a lot of games due to work/money problems etc, asking us to fork out £405 just to make sure we get a final ticket is wrong.
And your solution is?

J-C
22-04-2012, 07:00 PM
And your solution is?

Well for a start telling anyone who renews their season tickets for next year will get 2 instead of 1 ticket, surely 1 ticket per season ticket ( this year or for next ) / 1 per membership sheme and the rest to public sale ( there are a lot who pay at the gate )

hibee
22-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Well for a start telling anyone who renews their season tickets for next year will get 2 instead of 1 ticket, surely 1 ticket per season ticket ( this year or for next ) / 1 per membership sheme and the rest to public sale ( there are a lot who pay at the gate )

Is that not exactly what they have done?

With crowds under 9000 there's not that many that pay at the gate really

TornadoHibby
22-04-2012, 07:06 PM
I'd email the club if I was in your positions. I can't see them being completely heartless about it, if you're prepared to travel over for the game.

Not a chance. They can't announce in a week or two that folk should have kept their stubs from the Killie game. Some folk will have binned them already.

I think that they'll look at their database to see if they can pick some 'most deserving' non-ST holder or members. Hence why the number is so low, any higher and it would presumably take them ages to do.

Surely the database will be capable of a simple search to find the "200" based upon whtever criteria are determined to be appropriate and then searched on!? :rolleyes:

Shouldn't take too long whatever the criteria are provided the data is on the database!

hibsforeurope
22-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Does anyone know if members and season ticket holders can apply together for tics?

Barney McGrew
22-04-2012, 07:07 PM
( there are a lot who pay at the gate )

Not going by this years attendances there isn't

J-C
22-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Is that not exactly what they have done?

With crowds under 9000 there's not that many that pay at the gate really

I didn't write that down properly, blonde moment. :greengrin

I meant to say not giving 2 tickets at all, only allocating 1 per season ticket, mo matter when it's bought, leaving more for public sale.

J-C
22-04-2012, 07:11 PM

That's always going to be the case when the team has been so poor this year.

when the team is doing well we have average crowds of around 11,500........7000 being season tickets.

The membership scheme is also pay at the gate punters.

WindyMiller
22-04-2012, 07:13 PM

There is often a queue at the ticket-box at the East before every game, and to-day's was bigger that usual.

Westie1875
22-04-2012, 07:15 PM
That's always going to be the case when the team has been so poor this year.

when the team is doing well we have average crowds of around 11,500........7000 being season tickets.

The membership scheme is also pay at the gate punters.

So surely it can't be wrong then that those that have had STs this year and have renewed for next year are being rewarded?

ChooseLife
22-04-2012, 07:15 PM
My younger brother baught a ST on Saturday in the same part of the East as me, mainly to be guarenteed entry to the final, problem is he isn't available at all next week to go up to the ticket office and fill out the forms, does anyone know if the club would allow me to pick his final ticket along with mine while I'm there if I had some sort of ID for him?

Billy Whizz
22-04-2012, 07:16 PM
My younger brother baught a ST on Saturday in the same part of the East as me, mainly to be guarenteed entry to the final, problem is he isn't available at all next week to go up to the ticket office and fill out the forms, does anyone know if the club would allow me to pick his final ticket along with mine while I'm there if I had some sort of Identification for him?

Just fill in the firms and hand them in together as a group booking

J-C
22-04-2012, 07:22 PM
So surely it can't be wrong then that those that have had STs this year and have renewed for next year are being rewarded?

They are being rewarded by guaranteeing a ticket.

It's the fact they're offering an extra ticket if you renew now, when many can't at this present time.

We all got 2 tickets for the league cup final, whether we'd renewed or not.

Westie1875
22-04-2012, 07:26 PM

It's the fact they're offering an extra ticket if you renew now, when many can't at this present time.

We had a bigger allocation for that match though, I don't think the club are doing anything wrong rewarding those who are willing/can make the commitment now.

hibeemikey21
22-04-2012, 07:28 PM

Do you not think that Petrie would have tried to bump up the gate receipts for today by giving advanced notice of this for pay at the gate fans? Few thousand more would prob have been there if he had.

J-C
22-04-2012, 07:29 PM
We had a bigger allocation for that match though, I don't think the club are doing anything wrong rewarding those who are willing/can make the commitment now.

If they said every season ticket will get 2, then most people who pay at the gate would've got a ticket as they are generally friends of season ticket holders, now many won't get a ticket due to no general sale ( or even a paultry 200 )

hibee
22-04-2012, 07:31 PM
My younger brother baught a ST on Saturday in the same part of the East as me, mainly to be guarenteed entry to the final, problem is he isn't available at all next week to go up to the ticket office and fill out the forms, does anyone know if the club would allow me to pick his final ticket along with mine while I'm there if I had some sort of ID for him?

He can print the form off and give it to you, there's no collection next week as they are only taking the forms in.

WindyMiller
22-04-2012, 07:34 PM
If they said every season ticket will get 2, then most people who pay at the gate would've got a ticket as they are generally friends of season ticket holders, now many won't get a ticket due to no general sale ( or even a paultry 200 )

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvtlnE1Pxz-gBkwYwpHYwKtsIoAts40wEipB0tH2TroeqIaLHi

greenlex
22-04-2012, 07:36 PM

So you gambled and lost.

madabouthibs
22-04-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm a non-season ticket holder, and I agree with what the club is doing. I won't be buying a ST regardless.
However, I can't fathom out how, using simple arithmetic and based on figures being thrown about on here, we won't be having a general sale.
General consensus is that we have 7000 ST holders now.
If every single one of them renews, which is unlikely there would be 14000 if every single one of them buys their allocated 2 tickets, then members of about 1000, and new ST holders of, for arguements sake an optimistic IMO 3000.......
I didn't do too well at school, but that kinda leaves 2000 no? Are Hibs giving away 1800 tickets to suits and toffs? Then of course we're bound to get back some from Hampden? :confused:

I reckon we'll have a general sale of about 3000 tickets. My flask and sleeping bag is on stand by. :aok:

ChooseLife
22-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Just fill in the firms and hand them in together as a group booking

Thank you very much for your reply. :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
22-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Hibs did the correct thing, rewarding loyalty....Cue mass hysteria.

Then the club ring fence tickets for PATG customers, cue more gnashing of teeth, that its not enough tickets....

They can't do right for doing wrong it would appear to some, I think they have pulled a masterstroke, with regards renewal, or even new holders, more money for Mr Fenlon, can only ever be a great thing

Jonnyboy
22-04-2012, 07:54 PM

Then the club ring fence tickets for PATG customers, cue more gnashing of teeth, that its not enough tickets....

They can't do right for doing wrong it would appear to some, I think they have pulled a masterstroke, with regards renewal, or even new holders, more money for Mr Fenlon, can only ever be a great thing

:top marks Folk stopped going cos we were gash. Season ticket money goes to the manager. Club works out a way to encourage more folk to by season tickets (note the word encourage NOT blackmail - you have a choice) More money for Pat should mean better players. Better players means we wont be as gash

Simples :wink:

Gatecrasher
22-04-2012, 07:57 PM

:top marks

The club are asking for a bit of commitment from the fans and rewarding those willing to stump up. A Football club is for life, not just cup final day

sadtom
22-04-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm a non-season ticket holder, and I agree with what the club is doing. I won't be buying a ST regardless.
However, I can't fathom out how, using simple arithmetic and based on figures being thrown about on here, we won't be having a general sale.
If every single one of them renews, which is unlikely there would be 14000 if every single one of them buys their allocated 2 tickets, then members of about 1000, and new ST holders of, for arguements sake an optimistic IMO 3000.......
I didn't do too well at school, but that kinda leaves 2000 no? Are Hibs giving away 1800 tickets to suits and toffs? Then of course we're bound to get back some from Hampden? :confused:

I reckon we'll have a general sale of about 3000 tickets. My flask and sleeping bag is on stand by. :aok:

:agree:

I agree, think its probably a conservative estimate on how many will be left. i would guess there will be 5k plus tickets left.
I think the board are trying to panic folk into getting season tickets. Which is understandable/predictable if not a bit mercenary.
I was under the impression we only had 6.5k seasons so if everyone takes their ticket and renews then its 13k. The reality is they will be lucky (extremely lucky) if even half have renewed by the end of the week. Lots of folk dont get paid til the end of the week and its kind of been sprung on everyone. Most of my mates werent planing to renew til june/july, least half of them still wont.
So even if 3.5k renew that becomes a total of 11k.
Again i dont know the membership numbers but would be surprised if it is 1k but we will say another thousand, taking it to 12k.
For there not to be any public sale we will have to sell in the region of 8k new ST's. (which would take our total ST sales to 14.5k - nearly 4k more than we ever have). Again this is expecting folk to commit to several hundred pounds in a weeks notice. Aint gonna happen. Most likely we will probably have 2-3k new ST holders

5-6k for public sale is my prediction.

Can anyone tell me if an adult has an 'extra' application form from renewing can it be used to purchase a kids ticket. Vice versa if a kid renews and gets a 'extra' allocation, can it be used to get an adult ticket?

fat freddy
22-04-2012, 08:23 PM

7000 season tickets = 7000

5000 renewed season tickets = 5000

2000 new season tickets = 2000

1000 membership = 1000

TOTAL UPTAKE = 15000

public sale....................5000

estimates based on a lifetime of experience watching hibs fans overestimating the demand for tickets

LancashireHibby
22-04-2012, 08:54 PM
7000 season tickets = 7000

5000 renewed season tickets = 5000

2000 new season tickets = 2000

1000 membership = 1000

TOTAL UPTAKE = 15000

public sale....................5000

estimates based on a lifetime of experience watching hibs fans overestimating the demand for tickets
I think that's accurate enough, and maybe even a tad optimistic in terms of the renewed/new seson tickets. What I will say though is that the players, staff, directors etc will comfortably account for 500+ tickets if they're like other clubs in major finals (players will want 10+ tickets each along, no doubt about it).

cwilliamson85
22-04-2012, 09:08 PM
200 tickets.... As said in another thread I shall camp outside ER over night to get 1 ticket!

Danderhall Hibs
22-04-2012, 09:12 PM

Nothing wrong with rewarding loyalty, of course ST holders should get 1st dibs on the tickets. But they don't need 2 so they can choose to punt it to the highest bidder or to reward someone that's not been loyal!

marinello59
22-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Nothing wrong with rewarding loyalty, of course ST holders should get 1st dibs on the tickets. But they don't need 2 so they can choose to punt it to the highest bidder or to reward someone that's not been loyal!

That's exactly what I would do. Basically I would organise a quiz and the finalists would be those who knew the least about Hibs. Anybody who had ever been to a Hibs game would be disqualified. The winner would be the person willing to pay me the most.

Danderhall Hibs
22-04-2012, 09:36 PM
That's exactly what I would do. Basically I would organise a quiz and the finalists would be those who knew the least about Hibs. Anybody who had ever been to a Hibs game would be disqualified. The winner would be the person willing to pay me the most.

Quicker sticking it on eBay mate.

It is funny though that ST holders are taking great delight in getting a spare for the Final when all "they" done was complain that they'd be getting a spare OF ticket for next season because it was of no use to them!

marinello59
22-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Quicker sticking it on eBay mate.

It is funny though that ST holders are taking great delight in getting a spare for the Final when all "they" done was complain that they'd be getting a spare OF ticket for next season because it was of no use to them!

I didn't realise that was the case. Whinging gits shouldn't get any cup final tickets then. None.

Danderhall Hibs
22-04-2012, 09:50 PM
I didn't realise that was the case. Whinging gits shouldn't get any cup final tickets then. None.

I'd give them the one they can use, they're entitled to it. It's only fair.

DH1875
22-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Does anyone know if members and season ticket holders can apply together for tics?

Yip :agree:. You need to return your forms together though.

Beefster
23-04-2012, 06:34 AM

So by giving all ST holders two tickets everyone would be happy and get a ticket but by only giving renewing ST holders two tickets, no-one will get a ticket? How does that work?

Or reward someone that would be loyal if they could afford it, didn't work weekends, live away from Edinburgh etc etc.

This shows how Hibs couldn't win, irrespective of what they decided to do with the tickets. One moans about all ST holders not being given two tickets unconditionally because doing so would have meant that everyone would be able to get a ticket and one moans about anyone getting two tickets, presumably because it will mean not everyone can get a ticket.

ruthven_raiders
23-04-2012, 06:55 AM

Is the deadline for renewal of season ticket the 7th of may same day as priority deadline?, need two tickets per season ticket but can't afford to pay for renewing my season ticket till we get paid at end of month

Matt92
23-04-2012, 06:55 AM
Anyone know where I can get my form for the final online?

Billy Whizz
23-04-2012, 06:56 AM
Anyone know where I can get my form for the final online?

From 5pm tonight it says on the Hibs site

Danderhall Hibs
23-04-2012, 07:19 AM
So by giving all ST holders two tickets everyone would be happy and get a ticket but by only giving renewing ST holders two tickets, no-one will get a ticket? How does that work?

Or reward someone that would be loyal if they could afford it, didn't work weekends, live away from Edinburgh etc etc.

This shows how Hibs couldn't win, irrespective of what they decided to do with the tickets. One moans about all ST holders not being given two tickets unconditionally because doing so would have meant that everyone would be able to get a ticket and one moans about anyone getting two tickets, presumably because it will mean not everyone can get a ticket.

By giving all ST holders one ticket each it would've meant a larger amount available for public sale. All the folk you mention could then try and get a ticket that way (online, phone or queuing - just how it works for any large event).

I'm not sure why everyone's placing so much trust in ST holders to make sure the ticket to someone worthy?! Let those that are really desperate for a ticket queue or get up early to get online/phone.

Onion
23-04-2012, 07:19 AM

Typical Hibs spin trying to frighten hard up hunters into parting with 400 notes for a Cup Final Ticket. I'm a ST holder and can't make the final so there will be at lest 1 ticket in the general sale :)

In fact I'm not even convinced Hibs approach to selling Cup Final tickets is strictly legal ie you have to buy an overpriced season ticket to have a chance of buying a Final ticket. As close to touting as you can get!

marinello59
23-04-2012, 07:22 AM
I'd give them the one they can use, they're entitled to it. It's only fair.

Actually some are entitled to two and no amount of whinging after the fact is going to change that. Who knows, maybe some will give the spare ticket to somebody as deserving as yourself rather than to some random stranger with no interest in fitba.

Lucius Apuleius
23-04-2012, 07:23 AM
I am 56. I have NEVER failed to get a ticket for any Hibs game I wanted to go to. Every time we have a game like this coming along there is panic after panic. I am absolutely convinced there will be a general sale. Gobsmacked if not. And if there is not, it means, as far as I am concerned that our accounting charman is an absolute genius and that Hibs will benefit from the extra cash for next season.

Laissez les bon temps roulez et allez les verts.

Danderhall Hibs
23-04-2012, 07:28 AM
Actually some are entitled to two and no amount of whinging after the fact is going to change that. Who knows, maybe some will give the spare ticket to somebody as deserving as yourself rather than to some random stranger with no interest in fitba.

My argument is that they shouldn't be entitled to 2 tickets!

I can get a ticket no bother - I'm arguing about the process because I don't agree with it, not because I'm missing out.

greenlex
23-04-2012, 07:30 AM
By giving all ST holders one ticket each it would've meant a larger amount available for public sale. All the folk you mention could then try and get a ticket that way (online, phone or queuing - just how it works for any large event).

I'm not sure why everyone's placing so much trust in ST holders to make sure the ticket to someone worthy?! Let those that are really desperate for a ticket queue or get up early to get online/phone.

The vast majority of +1 tickets will be given to fans of Hibs. The worthy fans as you put it are the ones with season tickets for this season and the ones buying for next.

Danderhall Hibs
23-04-2012, 07:33 AM
The vast majority of +1 tickets will be given to fans of Hibs. The worthy fans as you put it are the ones with season tickets for this season and the ones buying for next.

In no way am I debating that ST holders are King. I'm just saying that they shouldn't be playing God as well.

marinello59
23-04-2012, 07:35 AM
My argument is that they shouldn't be entitled to 2 tickets!

I can get a ticket no bother - I'm arguing about the process because I don't agree with it, not because I'm missing out.

I know. You've mentioned it more than a few times over the past couple of days. :greengrin

marinello59
23-04-2012, 07:37 AM
In no way am I debating that ST holders are King. I'm just saying that they shouldn't be playing God as well.

But you are decreeing that they shouldn't get two as they don't deserve them. Are you playing God? :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
23-04-2012, 07:47 AM
But you are decreeing that they shouldn't get two as they don't deserve them. Are you playing God? :greengrin

Obviously not - I'm not getting to make any decision in the process by merely stating my opinion. :greengrin

The Club have decided that ST can decide who goes to the Final. Does that make the Club God and ST holders Jesus?

marinello59
23-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Obviously not - I'm not getting to make any decision in the process by merely stating my opinion. :greengrin

The Club have decided that ST can decide who goes to the Final. Does that make the Club God and ST holders Jesus?

That would be an ecumenical matter. :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
23-04-2012, 08:09 AM
That would be an ecumenical matter. :agree:

Probably belongs on the Holy Ground forum in that case.:greengrin

Andy74
23-04-2012, 08:13 AM

We might not need two but in these times when we have had to watch the crap that we have, and still stuck hands in the pockets to renew before the cup final ticket allocation was announced, or before we had even got to the final. Too right those people deserve to be rewarded with an additional ticket to do what they like with.

The 'crowd' yesterday, which included a free kids ticket with every single adult ticket, if wanted, proves the allocation was spot on.

Baker9
23-04-2012, 08:13 AM
It is not compulsory for qualifying ST holders to take the two tickets and surely many, if not most of them, will only want the one.

Beefster
23-04-2012, 08:16 AM

I get the point you're making (although I don't agree) but my point (this time, at least) was that Hibs can't win.

marinello59
23-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Probably belongs on the Holy Ground forum in that case.:greengrin

:thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
23-04-2012, 08:21 AM
We might not need two but in these times when we have had to watch the crap that we have, and still stuck hands in the pockets to renew before the cup final ticket allocation was announced, or before we had even got to the final. Too right those people deserve to be rewarded with an additional ticket to do what they like with.

The 'crowd' yesterday, which included a free kids ticket with every single adult ticket, if wanted, proves the allocation was spot on.

If a guarantee of getting the one ticket you'll need isn't reward enough, maybe they could've chopped some money off the price you pay for the ticket? Instead they give you an additional ticket that you can't use.

Come to think about it that sounds similar to the argument many were making a few weeks ago about getting a free OF ticket for renewing their ST?

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-04-2012, 08:57 AM
I currently find myself in the position of hoping for a Public Sale ticketwise due to my highly reduced recent visits to ER (which is perfectly acceptable, I've only got myself to blame), but, it must be a bit frustrating for the more frequent PATG punters to read about folk who stay on the other side of the world or tiny wee bairns who will have no recollection of the days events getting a ticket via a ST holder.

marinello59
23-04-2012, 09:04 AM
I currently find myself in the position of hoping for a Public Sale ticketwise due to my highly reduced recent visits to ER (which is perfectly acceptable, I've only got myself to blame), but, it must be a bit frustrating for the more frequent PATG punters to read about folk who stay on the other side of the world or tiny wee bairns who will have no recollection of the days events getting a ticket via a ST holder.

I am going to making no judgement on the whether or not people in those categories should get a ticket or not but how many ST holders would be passing on their second ticket to those groups. Precious few, the truth is most will go to people they have sat with or travelled to games with in the past. Every single Hibs fan could make a valid claim to ''deserving''a ticket and I wouldn't argue with any of them.

marinello59
23-04-2012, 09:07 AM
If a guarantee of getting the one ticket you'll need isn't reward enough, maybe they could've chopped some money off the price you pay for the ticket? Instead they give you an additional ticket that you can't use.

Come to think about it that sounds similar to the argument many were making a few weeks ago about getting a free OF ticket for renewing their ST?

Yes, there were a few giving that as a reason not to renew as it was no real incentive. While others just went ahead and renewed. .