PDA

View Full Version : Is Griffiths banned for the Dunfermline game now?

hibee_girl
22-04-2012, 04:31 PM
After his booking today is that him now suspended?

cabbageandribs1875
22-04-2012, 04:41 PM
the only player prior to todays game looking at a suspension for another yellow is stevenson, so if griffiths joined him after today then it will be his next booking that will be a suspension i think :cb

capi
22-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Griffiths and Wotherspoon suspended against Dunfermline. One we'll miss,the other we won't.

JimBHibees
22-04-2012, 06:02 PM
JJ - Agent Thomson, mission accomplished come back to base.
Agent Thomson - Thanks JJ.

Part/Time Supporter
22-04-2012, 06:10 PM
The only player who was a yellow card away from suspension was Stevenson, according to STV (http://local.stv.tv/aberdeen/news/sport/303120-spl-disciplinary-watch/).

capi
22-04-2012, 06:13 PM
The only player who was a yellow card away from suspension was Stevenson, according to STV (http://local.stv.tv/aberdeen/news/sport/303120-spl-disciplinary-watch/).

STV also had Griffiths banned for today's game.

Part/Time Supporter
22-04-2012, 06:17 PM
STV also had Griffiths banned for today's game.

I think that was because they mistakenly counted his two suspensions for gestures as yellow cards.

capi
22-04-2012, 06:36 PM
I think that was because they mistakenly counted his two suspensions for gestures as yellow cards.

Probably more to do with including his booking in abandoned game v Motherwell.

According to SPL:

v Hearts 28.08.11
v Dundee United 24.12.11
v Dunfermline 14.01.12
v Celtic 19.02.12
v ICT 01.04.12
and today

hibee_girl
22-04-2012, 07:26 PM
So is he suspended or not? :greengrin

Jonnyboy
22-04-2012, 07:32 PM
So is he suspended or not? :greengrin

I've been told he is but that may be wrong (I hope) as the Pars game is every bit as big as the Cup Final IMO

hibee_girl
22-04-2012, 07:33 PM
I've been told he is but that may be wrong (I hope) as the Pars game is every bit as big as the Cup Final IMO

:agree:

cabbageandribs1875
22-04-2012, 10:11 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/aberdeen/303120-spl-disciplinary-watch/

this weekends games not included

we(today) matched the buns and sheep 3 yellows each on saturday, no change at the top of the nawty boys league, hertz let themselves down with just the one yellow, i'm not sure if we get a europa place for winning this league though :(

SteveHFC
22-04-2012, 11:52 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4272873/Hibernian-0-Kilmarnock-1.html

El Gubbz
23-04-2012, 12:32 AM
Well? Seems to pick up bookings for nothing and punished retrospectively for minor offences. How many games has he been suspended for? And only 1 more booking away from another. :confused:

N.Wales Hibby
23-04-2012, 06:30 AM
After his booking today is that him now suspended?

According to today's Scotsman newspaper he is suspended for the Dunfermline game.

matty_f
23-04-2012, 07:39 AM
That's brutal. Griffiths has been shafted this season with some nonsense bookings. In fact, Hibs have been shafted this season with loads of nonsense bookings.

truehibernian
23-04-2012, 08:00 AM
That's brutal. Griffiths has been shafted this season with some nonsense bookings. In fact, Hibs have been shafted this season with loads of nonsense bookings.

Whilst I agree in general matty, Leigh didn't half test the patience after his booking with his volley of abuse to the linesman and Thomson immediately afterwards (and later on after the Dayton incident). That's where Hibs prove they are short on leaders on the park. O'Connor, with his experience, should have been pulling Leigh away, and calming him down. Not once yesterday did Hibs players argue decisions in a ' Davy Weir' or 'Willie Miller' type fashion. They were very accepting.....you don't need to abuse and swear, but I expect our players to keep refs on their toes during a game.

Leigh needs to button it in my opinion. Great player, terrific prospect, but, lets himself down with poor attitude.

Danderhall Hibs
23-04-2012, 08:04 AM

Yesterday's didn't look like a dive from the East - it was right in front of your seat though, what did you think?

Is it right that his booking on the abandoned game at Motherwell stays on his record? We were winning 1-0, can those 3 points stay on our record as well please?

Spike Mandela
23-04-2012, 08:33 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4272873/Hibernian-0-Kilmarnock-1.html

SFA bigwigs will read those comments and instantly appoint Thomson as Cup Final referee. It's the way they work.

JimBHibees
23-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Whilst I agree in general matty, Leigh didn't half test the patience after his booking with his volley of abuse to the linesman and Thomson immediately afterwards (and later on after the Dayton incident). That's where Hibs prove they are short on leaders on the park. O'Connor, with his experience, should have been pulling Leigh away, and calming him down. Not once yesterday did Hibs players argue decisions in a ' Davy Weir' or 'Willie Miller' type fashion. They were very accepting.....you don't need to abuse and swear, but I expect our players to keep refs on their toes during a game.

Leigh needs to button it in my opinion. Great player, terrific prospect, but, lets himself down with poor attitude.

Disagree McPake was regularly speaking to the ref highlighting his inconsistencies. Didnt do any good though.

Gatecrasher
23-04-2012, 08:49 AM
SFA bigwigs will read those comments and instantly appoint Thomson as Cup Final referee. It's the way they work.

No way in a million years should he be anywhere near the final, the man is a joke. Which means the jambo prick will no doubt get it.

JimBHibees
23-04-2012, 08:57 AM

I see the Sun were saying that Fenlon stormed onto the pitch trying in some way to equate what he did to Lennon's behaviour. They are also saying that 'Number 1 whistler might have got it right'. What does that mean exactly?

Shiels saying they deserved to win, is he on drugs?

Newry Hibs
23-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Is it possible for somene to get banned from the final through league game bookings / sending offs?

I presume some kind of violent behaviour in the last league game could mean a ban?

JimBHibees
23-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Is it possible for somene to get banned from the final through league game bookings / sending offs?

I presume some kind of violent behaviour in the last league game could mean a ban?

That is the only way. Hopefully we can sort out the relegation issue allowing the manager to play a skeleton team in the last league game thus avoiding this risk.

Spike Mandela
23-04-2012, 09:15 AM
If Hibs can match or better Dunfermline in the next two games the 'relegation six pointer' will mean diddly squat. Get the business done early Leigh.

basehibby
23-04-2012, 10:17 AM
I see the Sun were saying that Fenlon stormed onto the pitch trying in some way to equate what he did to Lennon's behaviour. They are also saying that 'Number 1 whistler might have got it right'. What does that mean exactly?

Shiels saying they deserved to win, is he on drugs?

I think that just means he's a pishy referee

truehibernian
23-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Disagree McPake was regularly speaking to the ref highlighting his inconsistencies. Didnt do any good though.

Not from where I was sitting Jim - in fact James was giving Paul Hanlon a harder time for no reason and getting frustrated at his own play. He lost a wee bit of composure second half I thought.

King Paddy
04-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Am i right that both David Weatherspoon and Leigh Griffiths are both suspended
for Monday's match at ER?.

Wee Scottie Dug
04-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Am i right that both David Weatherspoon and Leigh Griffiths are both suspended
for Monday's match at ER?.

You are indeed , just those 2 are on the suspension list .......