PDA

View Full Version : Craig Thomson the cheat

givescotlandfreedom
22-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Cheated once again by "Scotland's top ref". If this tosser gets the final we've lost before a ball's been kicked.

DH1875
22-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Just said on sportsound that he's down for it :grr:.

ozzie
22-04-2012, 04:14 PM
i would put money on him getting the final, i said that 15 mins into the game. what exactly did we do to piss him off? hes not even just garbage he is blatantly bias.

3pm
22-04-2012, 04:14 PM

No it never.

matty_f
22-04-2012, 04:15 PM
That is disasterous news. He ******* hates us.

Part/Time Supporter
22-04-2012, 04:15 PM
i would put money on him getting the final, i said that 15 mins into the game. what exactly did we do to piss him off? hes not even just garbage he is blatantly bias.

He's a Jambo.

DH1875
22-04-2012, 04:18 PM
No it never.

Aye it did :greengrin.

givescotlandfreedom
22-04-2012, 04:19 PM
I reallt hope it's not true. Besides from his recent cheating performances he robbed us against Dunfermline on the 2007 semi too. He despises us at Richmond like levels.

SteveHFC
22-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Thomson has refereed 6 hibs games this season and we have not scored and we have always lost.

Hopefully this clown of a ref is not the ref in the final!

Don Giovanni
22-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Congratulations to Craig Thomson today, he came to Easter Road and got the result he wanted...

:bitchy:

Whilst we didn't do enough to turn it around, Thomsons contribution should not be underestimated.

3pm
22-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Aye it did :greengrin.

It's been suggested but not official!

Good level of diplomacy from Fenlon there...

The Green Goblin
22-04-2012, 04:22 PM
It's been suggested but not official!

Good level of diplomacy from Fenlon there...

What did he say?

hibee_girl
22-04-2012, 04:23 PM
I want to see Griffiths 'dive' again, looked a blatant free kick from the East stand

number9dream
22-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Said on the BBC radio commentary that Hibs have not scored in the six games he has overseen this season.

That might have more to do with our dismal midfield, right enough...

Mikeystewart
22-04-2012, 04:25 PM

I would disagree from where i was sitting it looked as if he also gave some poor decision in favor of Hibs but on the whole most of the decisions went Kili's way, I wouldn't put this down to CR being biased, he is simply not a very good referee. He sees fouls that dont happen and is very card happy, McPake yellow a perfect example. His decisions in Europe have also been shocking, dont need to remind anyone of the Shalke Penalty and Red card incident.

3pm
22-04-2012, 04:26 PM
What di he say?

Reporter : Thomson reffed 6 games this season, you've won none'...

Fenlon : 'I wonder why that is'.

Plus a few other things!

PaulSmith
22-04-2012, 04:27 PM
I would disagree from where i was sitting it looked as if he also gave some poor decision in favor of Hibs but on the whole most of the decisions went Kili's way, I wouldn't put this down to CR being biased, he is simply not a very good referee. He sees fouls that dont happen and is very card happy, McPake yellow a perfect example. His decisions in Europe have also been shocking, dont need to remind anyone of the Shalke Penalty and Red card incident.

Which UEFA found he got right.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ap-uefa-schalke-redcardappeal

staunchhibby
22-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Wish they would strike again.Watched the Maltese referee at easter Road.Far superior to the crap we have refereeing.

Mikeystewart
22-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Which UEFA found he got right.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ap-uefa-schalke-redcardappeal

Then Uefa are crazy, or i am blind, both likely scenarios

Westie1875
22-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Sure it was Thomson that awarded the ridiculous pen against us at Pittodrie which wad later proven to be a dive and the player was banned. He hates us and should not be given the cup final if the stuff about him being a jambo is true.

Cool_Hand_Luke
22-04-2012, 04:31 PM
The guy on Sky Sports News said before the game that Collum was supposed to be the ref today. Did he get this wrong or were they swapped before the game for some reason :confused:

Mikey_1875
If Thomson does get the gig then we should make a big fuss as possible as even if he does get it after the complaints he will be under a lot of scrutiny and might actually put decisions hibs way or at least be very fair. I seem to remember Celtic getting some dubious decisions after Lennon came out and complained and although we don't want to be as classless as these trumpets for a Scottish final I couldn't care.

SouthMoroccoStu
Did anyone have a good view of our penalty shout in the second half?

And what can we as fans do to ensure this jambo clown is nowhere near the cup final? Would the SFA even listen?

ozzie

refs will always make mistakes they are apparently human, that would explain the corner and throw in he gave to us in error but you have to admit some of the decisions he gave against us couldnt be put down to human error they were blatant.

Part/Time Supporter
22-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Sure it was Thomson that awarded the ridiculous pen against us at Pittodrie which wad later proven to be a dive and the player was banned. He hates us and should not be given the cup final if the stuff about him being a jambo is true.

It was.

Part/Time Supporter
22-04-2012, 04:36 PM
19 games we've lost, so 13 of them CT didn't referee the game.

to answer fenlon, we're not as good as the opposition.

(sanitised version)

The fact the question is even being asked would suggest there is an issue, and that the media are well aware of it.

givescotlandfreedom
22-04-2012, 04:38 PM
The guy on Sky Sports News said before the game that Collum was supposed to be the ref today. Did he get this wrong or were they swapped before the game for some reason :confused:

Collum was fourth official and not much better.

MountcastleHibs
22-04-2012, 04:38 PM
He should be absolutely no where near the cup final. Unless he's in the Hearts end.

The Harp Awakes
22-04-2012, 04:42 PM
I want to see Griffiths 'dive' again, looked a blatant free kick from the East stand

Looked a definite free kick from the West. Taken out of play. No need for Sparky to go down as he was round the defender. Shocking decision which was the first instalment of his horror show:bitchy:

RickyS
22-04-2012, 04:45 PM
He's a Jambo.

:agree: used to travel to Yam games on the Rainbow Inn Bus

22-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Had a shocker today, another incompetent, clueless clown. The fact that he is rated Scotlands top ref just totally sums up the shocking standard of referees we have in this country.

The cup final is the massive, not just your ordinary derby , he should be nowhere near this game!

khib70
22-04-2012, 04:57 PM
For me the fact the question is being asked is that the media are looking for a controversial answer which will land the manager in trouble with the beaks.
Some fall for it hook line and sinker, others don't.
Hibs didn't work their way to second bottom of the league because of CT.

Just eats into your brain

Well said:agree:

Amazing how much like Celtc fans we can sound sometimes:rolleyes:

hibsbollah
22-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Im normally a big believer that our refs are incompetent, not corrupt, BUT today there was something very strange going on. If Thomson isnt a cheat hes doing a good job of pretending he is.

Hibs7
22-04-2012, 05:00 PM
I am sending an e mail to the SFA this is the most incompetent refereeing I have ever had the misfortune to witness. The man is absolutely useless and should never referree another top league match.

22-04-2012, 05:03 PM
I am sending an e mail to the SFA this is the most incompetent refereeing I have ever had the misfortune to witness. The man is absolutely useless and should never referree another top league match.

True but unfortunately, despite his imcompetence, he is still the best out of a very very poor bunch.

HibbyAndy
22-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Ive said this before and ill say it again, Let me be clear on what i say here, Craig Thomson is a hearts fan, Thats not sour grapes or my theory, This man is 100 percent Jambo..I know this for a fact...If this man gets the cup final its a disgrace and should be a public outcry!.

clerriehibs
22-04-2012, 05:04 PM

You didn't see freeland and falkirk v us then?

DaveF
22-04-2012, 05:07 PM
He was terrible and his decision (or non decision) in the incident between Dayton and Kujabi is the exactly the sort of thing that fuels the cheat accusations.

Either book him for diving or give a penalty. Yet he does neither and just riles everyone.

Judas Iscariot
22-04-2012, 05:26 PM
He's a cheating Hertz ****..

Anyone ken where he lives?

The Green Goblin
22-04-2012, 05:31 PM

Easy now... :greengrin

The Green Goblin
22-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Ive said this before and ill say it again, Let me be clear on what i say here, Craig Thomson is a hearts fan, Thats not sour grapes or my theory, This man is 100 percent Jambo..I know this for a fact...If this man gets the cup final its a disgrace and should be a public outcry!.

If that is the case, then there's no way he should be allowed to ref the final. If he is given it, we should ask the club to formally question the decision.

ancient hibee
22-04-2012, 05:32 PM
When I got back to the car Sportsound were discussing him and Hibs.The very fact that there was this discussion means that there is some behind the scenes knowledge because the talk was not about the penalty but about his relationship with us.

Reaper
22-04-2012, 05:35 PM
For me the fact the question is being asked is that the media are looking for a controversial answer which will land the manager in trouble with the beaks.
Some fall for it hook line and sinker, others don't.
Hibs didn't work their way to second bottom of the league because of CT.

Just eats into your brain

Thomsons a fud but This :agree:

Hibs Class
22-04-2012, 05:35 PM
He was terrible and his decision (or non decision) in the incident between Dayton and Kujabi is the exactly the sort of thing that fuels the cheat accusations.

Either book him for diving or give a penalty. Yet he does neither and just riles everyone.

It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Hibercelona
22-04-2012, 05:36 PM

Somewhere on McLeod Street? :dunno:

bawheid
22-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Who was the ref on 3rd May 1986? What team did he support?

Viva_Palmeiras
22-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Collum was fourth official and not much better.

Precious, my precious ;)

DaveF
22-04-2012, 05:42 PM

Yes, I do realise that, but the way in which Dayton went down put that particular challenge in a different light to the normal hustle and bustle of tackling. He was clearly looking for a pen....Then there was another instance late on the in game when one the central defenders flung himself at the other side of the box when no contact was made. We got a throw in and he sheepishly wandered off without a word from Thomson.

pedroorange1875
22-04-2012, 05:43 PM

It does when you have set your stall out very early with what you have judged to be a dive/foul in the Griffiths incident. This one looked much more like simulation hence even more incredible no booking administered....its called cheating and it is beyond blatent now from this clown

Twa Cairpets
22-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Im normally a big believer that our refs are incompetent, not corrupt, BUT today there was something very strange going on. If Thomson isnt a cheat hes doing a good job of pretending he is.

That was weird one right enough. Baffling use of advantage, and the decision not to book the Killie player for diving after Kujabis tackle. My default position is "they make errors", but that was stinker of a performance.

pedroorange1875
22-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Well said:agree:

Amazing how much like Celtc fans we can sound sometimes:rolleyes:

Yes but it appears to have done Celtic more good than we seem to get.

smurf
22-04-2012, 05:56 PM
I thought his incompetence was quite amazing. And at times for both clubs.

soupy
22-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Please tell me someone else has noticed that he runs about like a wee sissy wi something stuck up his erky....

Sammy7nil
22-04-2012, 06:11 PM
He did not have his best game but we did not lose today due to a poor ref.

We lost because we were slow, lethargic and after a bright 10 minute spell totally lacked any creativity.

Cameron1875
22-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Apologies if i sound like a celtic fan here but if he gets given the cup final then I genuinely believe hibs should force the issue of getting a change of ref? We don't have a hope in hell if he is the ref unfortunately.

Sas_The_Hibby
22-04-2012, 06:20 PM
I agree we did not lose today because of the ref but he was awful and stopped the game flowing umpteen times.

He didn't seem to know the difference between a fair robust tackle and a foul and I thought his classic one was when a Hibs player is fouled in the first half, Thomson waits 5 seconds to see if there's any advantage and when there clearly is, he then brings Hibs back for the foul.

Every week the incompetence of our 'top officials' seems to get worse. :rolleyes:

Saorsa
22-04-2012, 06:20 PM
absolute ****in' disgrace today, if that pr!ck gets the final we might as well no bother.

Bishop Hibee
22-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Thomson and both linesmen were hopeless today but we lost because we have no creativity or goal scorers in midfield and no impact players to come off the bench.

BS44
22-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Apologies if i sound like a celtic fan here but if he gets given the cup final then I genuinely believe hibs should force the issue of getting a change of ref? We don't have a hope in hell if he is the ref unfortunately.

If we play like that in the final we will get beat, doesn't matter who the ref is.

Hermit Crab
22-04-2012, 06:41 PM
He was poor today but lets be honest Claros should have been sent off for a shocker of a 2 footer in the first half, somehow him his linesman and the fourth official all missed it.

Spike Mandela
22-04-2012, 06:42 PM
If we play like that in the final we will get beat, doesn't matter who the ref is.

But if there is no scoring and there are any potential flashpoints in either penalty box we all know which way the decisions will go with this man in charge. I have always felt he was the worst referee in Scotland but had no idea that he was ,allegedly, a Jambo.

I would concur that if he gets the gig, any slim chance we have in the final evaprates altogether.

Sammy7nil
22-04-2012, 06:44 PM
But if there is no scoring and there are any potential flashpoints in either penalty box we all know which way the decisions will go with this man in charge. I have always felt he was the worst referee in Scotland but had no idea that he was ,allegedly, a Jambo.

I would concur that if he gets the gig, any slim chance we have in the final evaprates altogether.

Are you saying it was not a pen today ? :cb

Spike Mandela
22-04-2012, 07:04 PM

No. What I am saying is that if there is penalty claims in the final the decisions will go against us whether it is a penalty or not if this man is in charge.

Sudds_1
22-04-2012, 07:04 PM

it was indeed..............

............so was ours.
:cb

greenlex
22-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Haven't read the thread but I thought he got most decisions about right. Aye he called the odd foul wrong but most were about right.

TornadoHibby
22-04-2012, 07:08 PM
He's a Jambo.

Well if he is he should be nowhere near officiating at the Final! :confused:

Some of his decisions today were incapable of appreciating or understanding! :agree:

Arrogance and incompetence beyond belief today! :rolleyes:

greenlex
22-04-2012, 07:11 PM

Your missing the non foul hence no penalty but not neccessarily a dive option Dave.

TornadoHibby
22-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Looked a definite free kick from the West. Taken out of play. No need for Sparky to go down as he was round the defender. Shocking decision which was the first instalment of his horror show:bitchy:

Virtually word for word what I said to the guys beside me as Sparky went down and couldn't believe it when Richmond then booked him for "diving"! He was actually into a shooting position moving into the box! :rolleyes::cb

BEEJ
22-04-2012, 07:13 PM

If there is genuine, concrete evidence for this then it needs to be brought to the attention of both the media and the SFA.

Preferably before the officials for the Cup Final are decided.

TornadoHibby
22-04-2012, 07:16 PM
He was poor today but lets be honest Claros should have been sent off for a shocker of a 2 footer in the first half, somehow him his linesman and the fourth official all missed it.

Happened right in front of me and Claros made contact with the ball only and none with the player who made it look as though he had done initially then was up on his feet promptly when no red card was waved at Claros! :agree:

Golden Bear
22-04-2012, 07:19 PM

If correct, then I hope that someone in the SFA will take note. In fact, if correct Thomson should rule himself out of the final as he has done more than enough to raise doubts on his integrity and impartiality already this season.

Jonnyboy
22-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Haven't read the thread but I thought he got most decisions about right. Aye he called the odd foul wrong but most were about right.

We must have been at different games A. He constantly blew when no foul had been committed, he failed miserably to make use of the advantage rule and he booked a Hibs player for diving but failed to take the same action against a Killie player who also dived.

As others have said, we didn't lose because of Thomson, we lost because we couldn't score.

I found the Sportsound interview with Fenlon after the game to be very revealing. Pat clearly wanted to have a go at Thomson but knew he couldn't because he'd be in trouble if he did. So far, Pat has been very measured and fair in after match stuff - never looks to blame other factors if we lose but today ....

Also, that same Sportsound hacked me off because it was very clear that Messrs Gordon, Paterson and Dodds thought the ref had a stinker but didn't have the balls to have a go at him about it

Incidentally, I think Leigh will now miss the Pars game

skipster7
22-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Im sure the ref (Dougie Mcdonald) ? for the Killie final was a well known Hibby and jumbo wasn't slow to mention this in the build up.I thought the ref was inept today but not just for Hibs.Claros jumped into a few good solid challenges which other refs might have blew for and we got 2 corners at least which were laughable.

JimBHibees
22-04-2012, 07:39 PM
We must have been at different games A. He constantly blew when no foul had been committed, he failed miserably to make use of the advantage rule and he booked a Hibs player for diving but failed to take the same action against a Killie player who also dived.As others have said, we didn't lose because of Thomson, we lost because we couldn't score.

I found the Sportsound interview with Fenlon after the game to be very revealing. Pat clearly wanted to have a go at Thomson but knew he couldn't because he'd be in trouble if he did. So far, Pat has been very measured and fair in after match stuff - never looks to blame other factors if we lose but today ....

Also, that same Sportsound hacked me off because it was very clear that Messrs Gordon, Paterson and Dodds thought the ref had a stinker but didn't have the balls to have a go at him about it

Did Griffiths dive? I was up in FF and it looked a clear foul and that Thomson was gagging to punish him.

woody47
22-04-2012, 07:42 PM
What annoys me most about this clown is his arrogance. He struts about the park trying to be the centre of attraction and with his woeful decisions EVERY game he officiates against us ends up being just that - the main talking point.
He is also a jambo and should be nowhere near ANY of our games.
If he does get the final I hope the tache puts in a very loud and clear complaint about this. If not, we might as well save our money and just give the yams the cup because no way in hades will we get a fair crap of the whip with him in charge.

Jonnyboy
22-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Did Griffiths dive? I was up in FF and it looked a clear foul and that Thomson was gagging to punish him.

I don't think he did Jim but the angle I watched it from wasn't great. Dayton on the other hand most certainly did and got off scot free

Hermit Crab
22-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Happened right in front of me and Claros made contact with the ball only and none with the player who made it look as though he had done initially then was up on his feet promptly when no red card was waved at Claros! :agree:

But it was a 2 footer ??

TornadoHibby
22-04-2012, 07:53 PM
But it was a 2 footer ??

I didn't think so from the angle I saw it from! :wink:

Wasn't reckless and no intent to hurt the opposition player! :confused:

Baldy Foghorn
22-04-2012, 07:53 PM
I don't think he did Jim but the angle I watched it from wasn't great. Dayton on the other hand most certainly did and got off scot free

Agree with this, I was at other end, but if challenge was not made, he would have got to the ball, no reason to dive IMO

TornadoHibby
22-04-2012, 07:57 PM
We must have been at different games A. He constantly blew when no foul had been committed, he failed miserably to make use of the advantage rule and he booked a Hibs player for diving but failed to take the same action against a Killie player who also dived.

As others have said, we didn't lose because of Thomson, we lost because we couldn't score.

The cynic in me thinks that he booked Leigh deliberately then for reasons connected to his Jamboness and their general desire to see Hibs suffer! :confused::confused:

Or was he doing the right thing in the context of the incident anyone? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Billy
22-04-2012, 08:00 PM

Claros tackle with Gordon was an excellent tackle with two players going in fully committed. Gordon was a micro second quicker to the ball with his left foot touching it, Claros then came in and won the ball fairly with his right foot. The two players collided and Gordon came off slightly worse thereafter but was soon up without any problems.

Fair challenge imho.

Golden Bear
22-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Claros tackle with Gordon was an excellent tackle with two players going in fully committed. Gordon was a micro second quicker to the ball with his left foot touching it, Claros then came in and won the ball fairly with his right foot. The two players collided and Gordon came off slightly worse thereafter but was soon up without any problems.

Fair challenge imho.

I'd agree with that. It happened right in front of me.

Jonnyboy
22-04-2012, 08:06 PM

Fair challenge imho.

Good one Billy :agree:

I knew it was fair because Thomson wouldn't have hesitated to show red given the chance

Saorsa
22-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Haven't read the thread but I thought he got most decisions about right. Aye he called the odd foul wrong but most were about right.you must have been watching something different from me then.

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2012, 08:08 PM

:agree: Thats as near as damn it cheating i witnessed today.

Hermit Crab
22-04-2012, 08:10 PM
I didn't think so from the angle I saw it from! :wink:

Wasn't reckless and no intent to hurt the opposition player! :confused:

Ok will need to see it again but from where I was in the west upper it did look like bad challenge, indeed several Killy players went to the ref at the time.

Pete
22-04-2012, 08:11 PM
That was weird one right enough. Baffling use of advantage, and the decision not to book the Killie player for diving after Kujabis tackle. My default position is "they make errors", but that was stinker of a performance.

On several occasions he seemed to let play continue for a few seconds...and then blow the minute we actually did have an advantage.

I really hope it was just incompetence and not something more sinister.

JimBHibees
22-04-2012, 08:13 PM

As did O'Leary at the corner of the West / FF late in the game with a quite putrid dive which surprise, surprise Thomson ignores. I think he was gagging to nail Griffiths knowing that he would miss a potentially massive game next week. Just hope Dons horse the Pars next week and we win in Paisley putting this all to bed once and for all.

JimBHibees
22-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Ok will need to see it again but from where I was in the west upper it did look like bad challenge, indeed several Killy players went to the ref at the time.

I thought they were out of order doing that and hey ho Gordon bounces up when nothing is given. Both went in aggressively solely to win the ball IMO.

Jonnyboy
22-04-2012, 08:15 PM
As did O'Leary at the corner of the West / FF late in the game with a quite putrid dive which surprise, surprise Thomson ignores. I think he was gagging to nail Griffiths knowing that he would miss a potentially massive game next week. Just hope Dons horse the Pars next week and we win in Paisley putting this all to bed once and for all.

:agree:

DaveF
22-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Your missing the non foul hence no penalty but not neccessarily a dive option Dave.

No I'm not. Dayton went down heavily so it was either a foul or a dive. You did see the way Dayton and Kujabi reacted I assume? One demanding a pen and one angry at the dive?

Or were you too busy with Thomson watch :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
22-04-2012, 08:21 PM

Spot on. Right in front of me as well, perfectly fair 50/50 tackle, ball first and no studs showing . Surprised Thomson let it go though.

Hermit Crab
22-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Spot on. Right in front of me as well, perfectly fair 50/50 tackle, ball first and no studs showing . Surprised Thomson let it go though.

I still think it was a 2 footer but tv pictures may prove me wrong. ;)

SaulGoodman
22-04-2012, 08:27 PM
I'm not blaming Thomson for us getting beat.

I'm blaming Thomson for making a game in which we got beat incredibly boring because of the constant stopping and starting.

Sean1875
22-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Has Thomson actually been officially named as the ref for the final or is all this just 'Ifs?'

givescotlandfreedom
22-04-2012, 09:08 PM
I still think it was a 2 footer but tv pictures may prove me wrong. ;)

From West Lower it looked like a fair tackle to me and old man, Graham. Gordon certainly was at it and running around right after the theatrics.

Jonnyboy
22-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Has Thomson actually been officially named as the ref for the final or is all this just 'Ifs?'

Ref not officially named yet but I've heard it might be Willie Collum

The Green Goblin
22-04-2012, 09:14 PM

He is a contender for it. Nothing confirmed at this stage, but concerns about his impartiality are a fair basis for debate, with the mere possibility that he might be.

degenerated
22-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Craig Thomson is a massive bell end. We didn't lose solely because of him today but he played his part superbly. Having seen the way he has refereed games involving us I can only deduce he is a cheat.

BEEJ
22-04-2012, 09:23 PM
The cynic in me thinks that he booked Leigh deliberately then for reasons connected to his Jamboness and their general desire to see Hibs suffer! :confused::confused:

Or was he doing the right thing in the context of the incident anyone? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
An early booking to a key player can shape the outcome of the rest of the game. That's three times now this season that Thomson has booked a Hibs player inside the first 10 mins of the match. It was Soares in the recent derby.

It's also three times he's booked Griffiths this season. In total he's dished out 17 yellows to Hibs players in his six games this season.

All fully merited, nae doubt. :cb

Sean1875
22-04-2012, 09:42 PM

He is a contender for it. Nothing confirmed at this stage, but concerns about his impartiality are a fair basis for debate, with the mere possibility that he might be.

Thank god, absolute praying its not that arse. Was genuinely considering a strongly worded letter for the first time in my 19 years :greengrin Anyone else apart from him or a spectacular return from Alan Freeland and ill be happy.

ehf
22-04-2012, 10:13 PM
That was the worst refereeing display at ER since Freeland against Falkirk 6 years ago. Sparky migh have gone down a bit easily but he was clearly fouled and to book him for diving was ludicrous. Thomson couldn't wait to give decisions against us and I said after 15 minutes he would give Killie a penalty if they ever got into our box. Total cheat. The worst was when Lewis was crudely hauled down by the arm early second half after struggling to free himself from a tussle and Thomson gave Killie a free kick. Just sickening that our fate could be determined by such a vile and loathesome specimen as this hideuos excuse for
a man.

NAE NOOKIE
22-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Overall we were poor today and still lack creativity between midfield and strikers and are woefully slow to get the ball wide and slow to put it into the box when we do.

But the ref was just ...... SHOCKING !!!

jamesjamieson
22-04-2012, 11:14 PM
I agree with most of these posts - we were rubbish today but the ref's decisions showed he was biased against Hibs. Very similar to his shocking performance at Pittodrie earlier this season in what was another important game for Hibs.

No way he should be on the pitch during the final. No problem if he is in the SFA suite or in the Hearts end.

hibbyboy1
23-04-2012, 03:16 AM
What is hearts record in games that Thomson has been the ref do the get some dodgy decisions even when not playing us

Hibs07p
23-04-2012, 07:20 AM
Who was the ref on 3rd May 1986? What team did he support?

Bill Crombie the Jambo. He had a blinder that day.

staunchhibby
23-04-2012, 07:34 AM
If the disciplinary guy at the SFA reviews the booking on Griffiths for supposedly diving can he overturn the unfair booking.

greenlex
23-04-2012, 07:36 AM
No I'm not. Dayton went down heavily so it was either a foul or a dive. You did see the way Dayton and Kujabi reacted I assume? One demanding a pen and one angry at the dive?

Or were you too busy with Thomson watch :greengrin

I thought Dayton was reacting to Kujabi's reaction.

DaveF
23-04-2012, 07:56 AM
If the disciplinary guy at the SFA reviews the booking on Griffiths for supposedly diving can he overturn the unfair booking.

Nope. Bookings are never rescinded as far as I'm aware?

MacBean
23-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Craig Thomson - sex offender :wink:

Andy74
23-04-2012, 08:19 AM
How about the free kick against Stevenson for winning the header and then being brought down? Shocking referreing all round yesterday.

oneone73
23-04-2012, 08:45 AM

Didn't he do the League Cup final?

JimBHibees
23-04-2012, 09:13 AM

I would have thought unlikely Collum would get both domestic finals. With super ref Thomson heading to the Euros tend to think he is a stick on for the final, hope to be proven wrong.

JimBHibees
23-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Didn't he do the League Cup final?

Yes thats why I dont think he will get the Scottish.

bawheid
23-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Bill Crombie the Jambo. He had a blinder that day.

Precisely.

Hibs are winning the final no matter who the ref is. It could be Dexter or Boabster and Hibs would still win.

The Jambos know it too.

JimBHibees
23-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Nope. Bookings are never rescinded as far as I'm aware?

Only for mistaken identity.

Gatecrasher
23-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Only in Scottish Football would there even be a remote possibility that the supporter of one of the teams would be in for a chance at reffing the final.

PaulSmith
23-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Could someone provide any evidence or back up that Craig Thomson was a Hearts fan. He is from the West of Scotland btw.

Saying he had a poor game yesterday doesn't count.

Also that he has been refereeing constantly for the last 25 years every weekend may help damper the clamour to prove that he's never away from Tynecastle.

Getting him confused with Callum Murray travelling on the Rainbow bus doesn't count. ;)

degenerated
23-04-2012, 09:50 AM
Could someone provide any evidence or back up that Craig Thomson was a Hearts fan. He is from the West of Scotland btw.

Also that he has been refereeing constantly for the last 25 years every weekend may help damper the clamour to prove that he's never away from Tynecastle.

Getting him confused with Callum Murray travelling on the Rainbow bus doesn't count. ;)

Does it matter who he supports, he's a twat and gives dodgy decisions against us every time he officiates one of our games.

hibee_girl
23-04-2012, 09:57 AM
He's been given the Old Firm game this weekend

Winston Ingram
23-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Craig Thomson is a massive bell end. We didn't lose solely because of him today but he played his part superbly. Having seen the way he has refereed games involving us I can only deduce he is a cheat.

There was foul (in which Wotherspoon clearly got the ball) that he gave in injury time that he took well over a minute to book Wotherspoon and generally allow them to p!ss about.

He was ****in woeful. I don't think he got any big decisions wrong but he pretty much got nearly all of the small one's wrong. He was rotten yesterday:agree:

greenlex
23-04-2012, 05:04 PM
There was foul (in which Wotherspoon clearly got the ball) that he gave in injury time that he took well over a minute to book Wotherspoon and generally allow them to p!ss about.

He was ****in woeful. I don't think he got any big decisions wrong but he pretty much got nearly all of the small one's wrong. He was rotten yesterday:agree:
He booked Spoony for continually mouthing at him about the decision rather than the foul itsef. I hope this clear the matter up.

Golden Bear
23-04-2012, 05:14 PM
He booked Spoony for continually mouthing at him about the decision rather than the foul itsef. I hope this clear the matter up.

It was never a foul in the first place though!

Thomson's display yesterday really did make me wonder if he was "at it."

Don Giovanni
23-04-2012, 05:26 PM

I can confirm Thomson is most definitely "a tit".

Hermit Crab
23-04-2012, 05:58 PM

St Mirren fan

PaulSmith
23-04-2012, 06:00 PM
St Mirren fan

My understanding also.

greenginger
23-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Craig Alexander Thomson born Paisley 20/6/1972.

BEEJ
23-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Craig Alexander Thomson born Paisley 20/6/1972.
So?

I was born in Glasgow and I'm a Hibs supporter.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2012, 06:12 PM
My understanding also.

You would think he was a hearts fan going by some of the posts on here

greenlex
23-04-2012, 06:47 PM

I agree but Spoony was just being stupid.

maturehibby
24-04-2012, 09:15 AM
Says in Wikipedia that he was born in Edinburgh on 20th June 1972.
Could be that although he is brought up in Paisley his family eg Dad is a Jambo and has indoctrinated his son into that persuasion .
My reason for saying this is that I too have done the same with my own two Hibs loving sons

Berwickhibby
25-04-2012, 01:26 PM
according to SSN Tomson has been replaced for the Auld Squirm game for family reasons...... I hope he does not get the final ..........

Hibercelona
25-04-2012, 05:02 PM
according to SSN Tomson has been replaced for the Auld Squirm game for family reasons...... I hope he does not get the final ..........

Wouldn't surprise me if he's just said that so he'll get the final instead. :rolleyes:

Franck Stanton
25-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Does it matter who he supports, he's a twat and gives dodgy decisions against us every time he officiates one of our games.

Craig Thompson is most definately a Hearts supporter. His son, also a jambo, went out with my daughter when I lived in West Calder just around the corner from him. Not however a season ticket holder, however does own some shares in the club.

johnbc70
25-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Craig Thompson is most definately a Hearts supporter. His son, also a jambo, went out with my daughter when I lived in West Calder just around the corner from him. Not however a season ticket holder, however does own some shares in the club.
Surely a heart's shareholder cannot ref the cup final......then again it's the SFA so anything is possible.

Gatecrasher
25-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Surely a heart's shareholder cannot ref the cup final......then again it's the SFA so anything is possible.
He's already ref'd a derby this season, why not another?

Mikey
25-04-2012, 05:34 PM

Referee's aren't allowed to hold shares in any club.

johnbc70
25-04-2012, 05:56 PM
He's already ref'd a derby this season, why not another?

Never knew he was a shareholder in hearts though, but as mikey has said doubt he is if refs are not allowed to be shareholders. But if he was do you not have a problem with him reffing a Hearts game, never mind a cup final against their biggest rivals?

Gatecrasher
25-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Never knew he was a shareholder in hearts though, but as mikey has said doubt he is if refs are not allowed to be shareholders. But if he was do you not have a problem with him reffing a Hearts game, never mind a cup final against their biggest rivals?

I do, i think he is a pish referee and should be no where near the final. However i dont think the SFA will see it the same way.

PaulSmith
25-04-2012, 06:09 PM

The articles of the association forbid any membership of any club, inclusive of ST's and shares.

lyonhibs
25-04-2012, 06:53 PM

If he a) genuinely is a Jambo and b) is awarded the final - I know a) shouldn't happen, but by the sounds of it, if he's a shareholder he shouldn't even be a referee full stop - then we should - en masse - e-mail the SFA to let them know the scale of their blunder.

Golden Bear
25-04-2012, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE=lyonhibs;3196832]If he a) genuinely is a Jambo and b) is awarded the final - I know a) shouldn't happen, but by the sounds of it, if he's a shareholder he shouldn't even be a referee full stop - then we should - en masse - e-mail the SFA to let them know the scale of their blunder.[/QUOTEty

And if proven to be true
then we should demand that we're immediately
awarded 18 points to reimburse us for the loss of points in the games he was the referee .

Fat chance right enough.

stantonhibby
25-04-2012, 08:45 PM
If he a) genuinely is a Jambo and b) is awarded the final - I know a) shouldn't happen, but by the sounds of it, if he's a shareholder he shouldn't even be a referee full stop - then we should - en masse - e-mail the SFA to let them know the scale of their blunder.

Should probably let the SFA know before he is appointed as they'll no change their mind !

Jonnyboy
25-04-2012, 10:00 PM

Not even a Masonic one?????

:greengrin

BEEJ
25-04-2012, 10:05 PM
So he will have sold them off before stepping up to referee SPL matches.

But if it is true that he once held shares in them, that should have been declared to the SFA and his matches allocated accordingly.