PDA

View Full Version : Famous Five Upper

DH1875
22-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Thinking of getting a ST for next year. Don't think I could handle the FFL (to many kids) and have never been in the Upper. Is it any good :dunno:.

MSK
22-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Thinking of getting a ST for next year. Don't think I could handle the FFL (to many kids) and have never been in the Upper. Is it any good :dunno:.Had a ST in the FF upper for a few seasons ..enjoyed it ...:agree:

hibee
22-04-2012, 04:24 PM
I take my kids to the FF Upper and we have other kids in there too so you might not like it, apart from that the view is great!

DH1875
22-04-2012, 04:36 PM
I take my kids to the FF Upper and we have other kids in there too so you might not like it, apart from that the view is great!

I like kids, even have two of them at home :greengrin. Just don't fancy sitting in a nursery every week and being frightened to fart.

Iggy Pope
22-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Can recommend the FF Upper as long as you don't have the three knobs sitting behind you that sit behind me. Listening to their bollox today was purgatory.

hibee
22-04-2012, 05:23 PM
I like kids, even have two of them at home :greengrin. Just don't fancy sitting in a nursery every week and being frightened to fart.

The kids are well outnumbered by adults, you will be fine!

Hibercelona
22-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Thinking of getting a ST for next year. Don't think I could handle the FFL (to many kids) and have never been in the Upper. Is it any good :dunno:.

It's a nice view from up there. :agree:

Just don't be thinking that you'll get away with starting any songs/chants though. :wink:

DH1875
22-04-2012, 09:53 PM
Cheers guy's. Just hope I can pull the money together over the next week.

jgl07
22-04-2012, 10:09 PM
I originally had a season ticket in the FF lower ut moved after the kids grew up and moved away.

I then had a spell in the West Stand upper but got fed up of the negative moaning and whining.

I then had a stint in the South Stand with a Category B season ticket before moving to the FF upper. It has been much the best experience.

Hibbyradge
22-04-2012, 10:10 PM
I used to love the FF. Moved to the West for a better view and it all turned to hearts.

NAE NOOKIE
22-04-2012, 10:32 PM
View from the FF Upper is brilliant, Nae gobbing on the seats below next year though pal coz I'm moving there from the East :greengrin

Pete
22-04-2012, 11:20 PM
We were there today for the first time and the view was great. We were right at the back and could see everything and the rake is just right for kids if you take them. No blocked views.

It was quite quiet though. "Come on ma bonny boys" man who liked thumping things was the only guy raising his voice.

Gatecrasher
23-04-2012, 06:11 AM
We were there today for the first time and the view was great. We were right at the back and could see everything and the rake is just right for kids if you take them. No blocked views.

It was quite quiet though. "Come on ma bonny boys" man who liked thumping things was the only guy raising his voice.

is that where he is! I miss that guy. He sat just behind me in the auld east and thought he packed it in.

My first ST was in ff upper and really enjoyed it before moving to the east. Those were the days of the green and white popcorn though, so don't know what is like now.

The Harp
23-04-2012, 09:02 AM
I've had an upper FF season ticket for a good few years. I'm in the back row and although I could sometimes do wi' an oxygen mask to get up to my seat, the view is amazing. I particularly like the view of Arthur's Seat, unfortunately, the fitba's still dire.:rolleyes:

Malthibby
23-04-2012, 09:59 AM
Can recommend the FF Upper as long as you don't have the three knobs sitting behind you that sit behind me. Listening to their bollox today was purgatory.

I'm moving to the main stand from the FF upper because of an aversion to knobbollox (MM or NN?) but I do like moving around anyway and with my eyesight the other end is getting further away. Nevertheless, the view is great.
GG