PDA

View Full Version : Don't rely on getting a ticket in a public sale

Hibbyradge
22-04-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm not sure how many season ticket holders there currently are, but let's assume it's only 7000. Pretty much all of them will renew meaning that they're eligible for 2 tickets each, all of which will will be taken up.

So that's 14000 gone already.

Add into that, 2000+ memberships and we're down to less than 4000, and that's before the sales of additional 12/13 season tickets.

How many of them will we shift? Your guess is as good as mine, but a couple of thousand wouldn't be stretching it, imo.

So, unless my arithmetic is wrong, any public sale will be over very, very quickly.

I wonder if they'll limit it to 2 per person...

Saorsa
22-04-2012, 09:40 AM
2000+ memberships? where did you get that figure from? or did you just make it up?

Sunny Leith
22-04-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm not sure how many season ticket holders there currently are, but let's assume it's only 7000. Pretty much all of them will renew meaning that they're eligible for 2 tickets each, all of which will will be taken up.

Add into that, 2000+ memberships and we're down to less than 4000, and that's before the sales of additional 12/13 season tickets.

How many of them will we shift? Your guess is as good as mine, but a couple of thousand wouldn't be stretching it, imo.

So, unless my arithmetic is wrong, any public sale will be over very, very quickly.

Most of my mates who have a ST haven't renewed yet.......they seem happy with their 1 ticket.

Edinburgh Green
22-04-2012, 09:50 AM
Most of my mates who have a ST haven't renewed yet.......they seem happy with their 1 ticket.

Yeah I wouldn't bet on everyone renewing, I know a lot of people who have said they wont be renewing after this years shambles.

Squealing pig
22-04-2012, 09:58 AM
When do you think public sale might occur

HONG KONG PHOOEY
22-04-2012, 09:59 AM
I think you would be lucky if half the current season ticket holders have renewed. I know me and my 3 mates have not. Due to other commitments I will not make every game next year so it makes more sense to me to just buy a ticket on the day. Lose a great seat on the half way line in the East but thats just unlucky.

Since90+2
22-04-2012, 10:01 AM
There will be a public sale in my opinion.

The problem you will have is there will be about 15,000 - 20,000 people fighting over a few thousand tickets.

Hibbyradge
22-04-2012, 10:08 AM
2000+ memberships? where did you get that figure from? or did you just make it up?

You shouldn't ask multiple questions. :wink:

Anyway, I think I read it somewhere. Probably on here, right enough. :rolleyes:

Why would I make it up? :confused:

My figures could well be wrong, but I'm just worrying.

Nakedmanoncrack
22-04-2012, 10:20 AM
I think you would be lucky if half the current season ticket holders have renewed. I know me and my 3 mates have not. Due to other commitments I will not make every game next year so it makes more sense to me to just buy a ticket on the day. Lose a great seat on the half way line in the East but thats just unlucky.

Decided a while back that I was not renewing, and the opportunity to get an extra ticket isn't really an incentive to existing ST holders like myself to change their minds.

Nobody is going to pay £400+ just in order to get someone else a cup final ticket.

silverhibee
22-04-2012, 10:26 AM

Never no chance do we have that many, or was it a mistake and it is only 200.

woodythehibee
22-04-2012, 10:29 AM
I reckon there will be a public sale and I also reckon we will get extra tickets from the unused debentures.

Nakedmanoncrack
22-04-2012, 11:27 AM
I reckon there will be a public sale and I also reckon we will get extra tickets from the unused debentures.

:agree:

Minimum 5,000 public sale, plus another couple of thousand returned debentures.

DC_Hibs
22-04-2012, 11:34 AM
My figures could well be wrong, but I'm just worrying.

Aye worrying other people through misinformation!!

Tom Hart RIP
22-04-2012, 11:35 AM

I suspect that Hibs have vastly overestimated the number of renewals. I know six ST holders, whom I have spoke to this week begging for a ticket, and NONE are even considering renewing purely because the membership deal is by far better value. You only pay for the games you can attend and you will be guaranteed a ticket for next years finals (hopefully) I think this has been a massive own goal by the board who clearly never considered this. There will IMO be a public sale of approx 7-8000 taking returned debentures into account, so I am not in the least worried about getting a ticket.

BroxburnHibee
22-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Yeah no way will all current ST holders renew and even then no way will they all buy an extra ticket

I reckon New ST's will be 1500-2000 at most

Definitely be a public sale IMO its just the club couldn't (quite rightly) guarantee it

Might mean camping out right enough :greengrin

Hope everyone who had been to every round has kept their stubs :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
22-04-2012, 11:47 AM
When do you think public sale might occur

I don't think it will go to a public sale but you never know. :-)

Since90+2
22-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Based on my calculations (I have no inside info im just making it up in my head :greengrin) I think we will have 7k around for public sale.

Season ticket holders who renew : 5000
10,000 tickets gone for the final

New season ticket holders for 2012 : 2000
12,000 tickets gone for the final

Club members : Approx 500
12,500 tickets gone for the final

Players , directors ect tickets : 500
13,000 tickets gone for the final

Leaving about 7000 for public sale. Sound about right or am I miles out?

The Harp Awakes
22-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Based on my calculations (I have no inside info im just making it up in my head :greengrin) I think we will have 7k around for public sale.

I think you are underestimating new season ticket holders. I think the CC factor last close season will have discouraged a lot of folk not to get an ST for the current season. The appointment of Fenlon, a modest improvement in performances lately and the carrot of a Cup Final ticket will mean significantly more than 2000 new STs I'd say.

greenlex
22-04-2012, 12:50 PM
I suspect that Hibs have vastly overestimated the number of renewals. I know six ST holders, whom I have spoke to this week begging for a ticket, and NONE are even considering renewing purely because the membership deal is by far better value. You only pay for the games you can attend and you will be guaranteed a ticket for next years finals (hopefully) I think this has been a massive own goal by the board who clearly never considered this. There will IMO be a public sale of approx 7-8000 taking returned debentures into account, so I am not in the least worried about getting a ticket.

Its hardly an own goal FFS. Folks swithering about renewing will maybe do it earlier to secure another ticket. Earlier money in means more idea of a budget for next season earlier. The club will also benifit from new seadon tivket holders too. They could hardly offer new season ticket holders a final ticket without giving existing season ticket holdets the option of a second ticket for renewing. Talk about damned if they do, damned if they dont!!

hibsbollah
22-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Im an ST holder and I wont be renewing despite the extra final ticket, I know a few others in the same boat. I reckon sunnyleiths estimate is.close enough, 5000 public sale would be my guess.

joe breezy
22-04-2012, 01:00 PM
I got mine on eBay for £10 000 just earlier on :thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
22-04-2012, 01:04 PM
There'll be 4k easy, dont panic :aok:

Lix
22-04-2012, 01:07 PM
The way I think about it is - how many season ticket holders this season? 7500/8000?

How many next season? (renewals + new season ticket holders) - more than this year? at a guess slightly more - 8500/9000?

Memberships - no more than 1000?

That would mean even if it WAS just 20000 we had available (I suspect there may be some more materialise) then there'll be a public sale of at least 2000.

Most likely more.

SouthEnglandHib
22-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Im still pretty gutted memberships only 1 per membership, i'm not travelling up by myself, if it reaches general sale, ill try then, if not, i'll go Quinns for it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Im still pretty gutted memberships only 1 per membership, i'm not travelling up by myself, if it reaches general sale, ill try then, if not, i'll go Quinns for it.

What you going to do with your ticket? ;-)

SouthamptonHibs
22-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Don't worry they'll be a public sale...after another defeat at home not many will part with £405 to watch that next year. worst home record in our history one league win all year. next up pars at home....ouch

joe breezy
22-04-2012, 04:55 PM

HibbyKeith
22-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Would be very surprised if there was not a public sale.

I went into the club shop today to get a ticket for today's game for myself and my youngest son, and pick up season ticket forms for myself for next season and a renewal form for my dad, I'm a club member and will get a ticket from that but i cant sit with my dad and oldest son who are both season ticket holders as the application periods for cup final ticket distribution are at different times.

The guy in the shop told me that both new and renewal season ticket applications had to be processed today to be eligible for a cup final ticket. it says nothing about this deadline on the official site, has anyone else been fed the same info today? or was the guy just talking hearts?

I bought a ST today anyway so it doesn't really matter but pretty poor from the club if what he said was true and they have not informed anyone.

Hibbyradge
22-04-2012, 05:50 PM
"In recognition of the incredible demand for Cup Final tickets, and the unlikely event of any public sale..."

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120422/cup-final-tickets-update-_2262950_2744684

WindyMiller
22-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Would be very surprised if there was not a public sale.

I went into the club shop today to get a ticket for today's game for myself and my youngest son, and pick up season ticket forms for myself for next season and a renewal form for my dad, I'm a club member and will get a ticket from that but i cant sit with my dad and oldest son who are both season ticket holders as the application periods for cup final ticket distribution are at different times.

The guy in the shop told me that both new and renewal season ticket applications had to be processed today to be eligible for a cup final ticket. it says nothing about this deadline on the official site, has anyone else been fed the same info today? or was the guy just talking hearts?

I bought a ST today anyway so it doesn't really matter but pretty poor from the club if what he said was true and they have not informed anyone.

Here?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120420/cup-final-tickets-_2262950_2742379

BS44
22-04-2012, 05:57 PM

:agree:

K.Marx
22-04-2012, 06:00 PM
"In recognition of the incredible demand for Cup Final tickets, and the unlikely event of any public sale..."

The club will be saying this to force/encourage (whatever you want to call it) fans to buy season tickets for next season. I call it scaremongering, others may disagree.

AFKA5814_Hibs
22-04-2012, 06:03 PM
If season ticket holders have until 5th May to send their forms in, surely as long as you get a season ticket for next season before 5th May you get a ticket.

That's the way I read it anyway.

skipster7
22-04-2012, 06:06 PM
The club will be saying this to force/encourage (whatever you want to call it) fans to buy season tickets for next season. I call it scaremongering, others may disagree.
I'd be surprised if there isnt at least 5000 tickets left for a public sale:agree: the one each nonsense was blamed as part of the reason for the semi fiasco in 2006.

down-the-slope
22-04-2012, 06:11 PM

:confused: can I point out that even if any of your other assumptions are correct..you have missed current ST holders who DON'T renew but are entitled to 1

J-C
22-04-2012, 07:05 PM

Not all this years will renew at this time, many do this at the end of the season when they have more idea as to their monies etc I have a mate who's not renewing due to work commitments next year and another who turns 65 midway through the season so will be buying a half season ticket at OAP rates.

Baldy Foghorn
22-04-2012, 08:09 PM

Scaremongering you say, I say wonderful marketing

DC_Hibs
22-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Scaremongering you say, I say wonderful marketing

wonderful marketing you say, I say fekn common sense......
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?231524-SF-ticket-sales&p=3176388&highlight=#post3176388

Regards
Tache

Baldy Foghorn
22-04-2012, 08:41 PM
wonderful marketing you say, I say fekn common sense......
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?231524-SF-ticket-sales&p=3176388&highlight=#post3176388

Regards
Tache

Agree Tache

scott7_0(Prague)
22-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Looking over the numbers I can see what Hibs are doing and why they have ring fenced 200 tickets - That for me is to keep non STH or non Members interested.

Whilst I can see why Hibs have dangled the carrot for new ST to get a ticket for the final, I also understand we will be hard pushed to get 3-5k newbies in. So I believe there will be a public sale and it will be more than 200 tickets going on sale.

cca 7k current season ticket holders
cca 7k renewed - very doubtful
cca 1k memebers
announced 1000 new season tickets, at most 2500 additional new season tickets for next year.

thats only 17500 tickets for the final accounted for, if all renews take 2 tickets, leaving cca 2500 or more tickets to be pushed out.

Am i talking rubbish or is it logical???

Hainan Hibs
22-04-2012, 09:32 PM
I think there will be a couple of thousand at least up for grabs in a public sale. I don't think every season ticket holder who has renewed will take up their full allocation, and I think some holders will still be put off renewing for next season. Can't imagine there are too many members, so I'd guess there will be a public sale.

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Looking over the numbers I can see what Hibs are doing and why they have ring fenced 200 tickets - That for me is to keep non STH or non Members interested.

Whilst I can see why Hibs have dangled the carrot for new ST to get a ticket for the final, I also understand we will be hard pushed to get 3-5k newbies in. So I believe there will be a public sale and it will be more than 200 tickets going on sale.

cca 7k current season ticket holders
cca 7k renewed - very doubtful
cca 1k memebers
announced 1000 new season tickets, at most 2500 additional new season tickets for next year.

thats only 17500 tickets for the final accounted for, if all renews take 2 tickets, leaving cca 2500 or more tickets to be pushed out.

Am i talking rubbish or is it logical???

:agree:, to be fair if it was up to me. Once the club have given season ticket and memberships their tickets, i'd have a booth inside the ground at the Dunfermline game, selling the remaining tickets.

Just_Jimmy
22-04-2012, 09:48 PM
I bought a new season but i had pretty much decided to anyway. All the final ticket situation did was made me buy it sooner than planned as i was getting an extra ticket. I see it as a great bonus for something i was going to do anyway.

Gatecrasher
22-04-2012, 09:51 PM
:agree:, to be fair if it was up to me. Once the club have given season ticket and memberships their tickets, i'd have a booth inside the ground at the Dunfermline game, selling the remaining tickets.

or the first x number of tickets sold will receive a voucher for a final ticket. :agree:

greenlex
23-04-2012, 12:47 PM
There were long lines of folk at both the shop ticketsales and the ticket office this lunchtime. FACT

carnoustiehibee
23-04-2012, 01:08 PM
There were long lines of folk at both the shop ticketsales and the ticket office this lunchtime. FACT

Ah, that's why nobody is answering the bloody phones!

blackpoolhibs
23-04-2012, 02:34 PM
or the first x number of tickets sold will receive a voucher for a final ticket. :agree:

:agree: Yip have the public sale if there is one, inside the ground before the Dunfermline game. That way Rod can fleece and humiliate the support at the same time. :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
23-04-2012, 02:46 PM
:agree: Yip have the public sale if there is one, inside the ground before the Dunfermline game. That way Rod can fleece and humiliate the support at the same time. :wink:

If they do that do I think folk would have enough sense to get a ST holding mate to stand in the queue for them? :greengrin

dazzhfc
23-04-2012, 04:36 PM
I am a Club Member and the person I am going with is a Season ticket holder, if we post our applications together will we be able to sit together does anyone know?

Stantons Angel
23-04-2012, 04:45 PM
I am a Club Member and the person I am going with is a Season ticket holder, if we post our applications together will we be able to sit together does anyone know?

If you read the instructions given about completing the application form you will find out what to do.

Look at group applications (2 persons or more)

yeezus.
23-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Someone in the West of Scotland supporters club said the club will have a few thousand for public sale ... whether that is true or not I don't know.

Lucius Apuleius
23-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Someone in the West of Scotland supporters club said the club will have a few thousand for public sale ... whether that is true or not I don't know.

My opinion ? If it is true then it will have some veracity. If not? Then it will be erroneous.

DH1875
23-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Quite simple really. First 200 to buy a ticket for Dunfermline get a chance to buy a cup final ticket :agree:. There on sale now.

jonny
24-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Just had a look on the SFA website - check the following:

"Hibernian and Heart of Midlothian have been given an equal split oftickets for the historic William Hill Scottish Cup Final at Hampden onSaturday 19th May.

The clubs have been given an initial allocation of just over 20,000 tickets each, for the first Scottish Cup Final Edinburgh derby since 1896.

Ticket prices:

North and South Stands - £35 per person
East and West Stands - £28 (Adult) £28/£10 (Family)"

This would suggest to me that if (or when) the clubs sell their first 20,000 they will have a 2nd allocation of tickets - perhaps another 1 or 2 thousand or so each, this would bring the total number allocated to the clubs (42-44000) in line with previous cup final allocations.

IFONLY
24-04-2012, 11:30 AM

"Hibernian and Heart of Midlothian have been given an equal split oftickets for the historic William Hill Scottish Cup Final at Hampden onSaturday 19th May.

The clubs have been given an initial allocation of just over 20,000 tickets each, for the first Scottish Cup Final Edinburgh derby since 1896.

Ticket prices:

This would suggest to me that if (or when) the clubs sell their first 20,000 they will have a 2nd allocation of tickets - perhaps another 1 or 2 thousand or so each, this would bring the total number allocated to the clubs (42-44000) in line with previous cup final allocations.

The **** have already sold out but there is no word of them getting extra tickets.

hibeenicol
24-04-2012, 11:35 AM
The **** have already sold out but there is no word of them getting extra tickets.

Their tickets aren't even on sale yet:confused:

hibbybrian
24-04-2012, 11:42 AM

aye but with 400,00 in the queue it's a nap :greengrin

IFONLY
24-04-2012, 11:55 AM

My apologies.

Love this site, there is always someone poised to correct you when you make a mistake, usually takes less than a minute, many thanks.

Cabbage East
24-04-2012, 12:03 PM
My apologies.

Love this site, there is always someone poised to correct you when you make a mistake, usually takes less than a minute, many thanks.

Why did you say they had sold out then?

IFONLY
24-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Why did you say they had sold out then?

Because I thought wrongly that they had. Do you think that I would have posted that if I had known they had`nt. We can all make mistakes

Spike Mandela
24-04-2012, 12:15 PM

Given their current season ticket level and their loyalty scheme I would expect that the 20,000 are effectively spoken for already and the sold out signs will be up almost instantly.

ManBearPig
24-04-2012, 01:36 PM

Ticket prices:

Ever the optimist john ;-) put in for my tickets less than an hour ago!! GGTTH

LeithBoozy
24-04-2012, 01:46 PM

It was the same today in the shop Greenlex, big queues both sides. I bought two emerald green tee shirts, a big foam hand giving the finger and a nice Hibs flag. So thats me sorted-out, now to get something for my Grandson. :wink: LOL.

jonny
24-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Ever the optimist john ;-) put in for my tickets less than an hour ago!! GGTTH

Aye, I think I‘m trying to convince myself more than anything! My cousin has just booked his flights to come home from Spain for the game on the basis I said I thought Id be able to get tickets.... Pressure is on

ManBearPig
24-04-2012, 08:10 PM
OOOOhh squeaky bum time whats spanish for sorry couldnt get tix? I'll keep my ears and eyes out.

jonny
25-04-2012, 06:17 AM
OOOOhh squeaky bum time whats spanish for sorry couldnt get tix? I'll keep my ears and eyes out.

Yeah thanks mate, got my fingers in a couple of pies (mwahahaha) but nothing concrete yet. I won't rest until I have the required number of tickets (5 now) in my hand. If they haven't even been printed yet it could be a long couple of weeks for me!
Im still certain of a public sale but really can't be h0led with the overnight queing thing. If needs must however.....

Hibbyradge
03-05-2012, 10:54 PM
Get along on Monday and help our boys to do the necessary.

Not only will you see a hugely important game, you'll be giving yourself the chance of a Cup Final ticket and, if we get the point we need, the players will relax and will be in a very positive mental state for a couple of weeks before the final.

You know it makes sense!

:hibees

Lungo--Drom
04-05-2012, 12:00 AM
True, true, but I paid £405 for a 2012/13 ST so I could get a Cup Final ticket for maself :cb

I've just checked my bank account and they've cashed the cheque I sent for the ticket for the final :greengrin

All I need to do now is ask for loads of overtime at work and break the news to my wife... :whistle:

...and think +POSITIVE+ about the coming season that I've just signed up to.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

...Nobody is going to pay £400+ just in order to get someone else a cup final ticket.

Mikey
09-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Some of the figures quoted on here for the public sale are a hoot.

blackpoolhibs
09-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Some of the figures quoted on here for the public sale are a hoot.

How many tickets do you reckon went on the public sale Mikey, my guess would be 2-3k? :dunno:

Mikey
09-05-2012, 01:59 PM
How many tickets do you reckon went on the public sale Mikey, my guess would be 2-3k? :dunno:

No idea. There have been plenty of complaints about Ticketmaster not having the staff available so how many tickets can half a dozen people (that's a guess) sell in 3 hours when there's a max of 2 tickets per person?

Hibs On Tour
09-05-2012, 02:04 PM

Somebody on the other thread said they were quoted a figure of 4500 when they got through just after 10...

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2012, 02:30 PM
No idea. There have been plenty of complaints about Ticketmaster not having the staff available so how many tickets can half a dozen people (that's a guess) sell in 3 hours when there's a max of 2 tickets per person?

Plus how many the online thing can sell in 3 hours. It took me less than 5 minutes to get through the website.

JeMeSouviens
09-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Quick scan back says guesstimates 2K-7K (and the 7K has forgotten to count ST holders that didn't renew :wink:). So seems in the right sort of ballpark to me?

I think Hibs have done reasonably well with the whole ticket thing this time but the one thing I think was a tad out of order was the original "very unlikely event of a public sale" line which was somewhere between over optimism and a barefaced lie. It was theoretically possible there might have been no public sale but most unlikely in practice, which they knew fine well.

blackpoolhibs
09-05-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm only guessing, but again i think Hibs have played a blinder here. I'd guess we may have punted quite a few new season tickets for next season, and folk like me who were not renewing did so too. :top marks