PDA

View Full Version : SC Final Hibs tickets on Ebay, Gumtree, etc (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

hibbybrian
22-04-2012, 03:56 AM
Admins feel free to merge with other ticket threads, but I thought this may be a separate topic for discussion

A Season Ticket holder has put their 2nd ticket up for auction on Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIBS-VS-HEARTS-SCOTTISH-CUP-FINAL-TICKET-19-05-12-/261008413297?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item3cc5505271

Maybe they don't know any Hibbies who might appreciate a ticket at face value :rolleyes:

HH81
22-04-2012, 04:06 AM
:grr:

All tickets should be going at face value, not people trying to make a profit.

Hope the seller is proud of themselves..... I can see a few silly bids though.

Pete
22-04-2012, 04:28 AM
I know the seller from a while back. An old face and a pure coincidence. What a stupid thing to do and pretty shameless.

I'll name and shame her if she doesn't pull it.

joe breezy
22-04-2012, 04:54 AM
I'd rather an independent Hibby made a bit of cash than some 'hospitality' company...

Have a feeling that by buying a debenture type thing none of my money will go to Hibs...but that's what it looks like I'll be getting at the moment

The Green Goblin
22-04-2012, 05:06 AM
I'm pretty sure the club will not accept this and do something about it. They have the right and the power to request the removal of the ticket. The seller might well find themselves in soapy bubble too...

soupy
22-04-2012, 05:11 AM
I know the seller from a while back. An old face and a pure coincidence. What a stupid thing to do and pretty shameless.

Absolutely shocking, ill bet she has friends desperate for a ticket..

joe breezy
22-04-2012, 05:18 AM
Yeah eBay is not the place for football tickets anymore - she'd be better on gumtree or Craigslist

Pete
22-04-2012, 05:37 AM
Yeah eBay is not the place for football tickets anymore - she'd be better on gumtree or Craigslist

So that's where you go to auction off tickets for higher than their face value. Tickets that you haven't even got yet.

Cheers.

The Green Goblin
22-04-2012, 05:55 AM
Well, I hope the club do something about it. I am on the point of giving up the idea of coming over from Brazil for the final, due to not being guaranteed a ticket, and I am one of many many die-hard overseas fans who either won't be coming back coz we can't get a ticket, or are coming back anyway even without the guarantee of one.

There's also plenty of folks in Scotland/UK who, despite not being season ticket holders, for one reason or another, could lay bloody good claims to being deserving of a ticket for the final and here's some trollop trying to pocket a bit of cash to the highest bidder for one. I hope she gets exactly what she deserves...

GordonHFC
22-04-2012, 06:02 AM
What if a Neanderthal bids and wins?

Not helping the Hibernian case then, is she.

gorgie greens
22-04-2012, 06:09 AM
What if a Neanderthal bids and wins?

Not helping the Hibernian case then, is she.

Well hope they both get a slap then,

joe breezy
22-04-2012, 06:15 AM
So that's where you go to auction off tickets for higher than their face value. Tickets that you haven't even got yet.

Cheers.

I don't but if you want to go to see a premiership club in London it happens all the time...

I would never sell a Hibs ticket for a profit but I'm not that offended by it either

northgreen24
22-04-2012, 06:20 AM
can of worms I know but I dont really have a problem with this TBH. I know football itself is different to say a concert or show but this happens all the time. Now I have no extra ticket by the way but have done this in the passed for a comedy ticket as i only needed two but got priority and took as much as I could (this then funded my tickets). I am sure there was people who missed out and morally I suppose is wrong but companies make extra money all the time on tickets (hibs hearts only got 40K where is the other 12K sure some of them go to non derby fans)

is this worse than a season ticket holder taking his 2 tickets and taking a wife/mate who has never been to a game ?

Just my opinion of course:stirrer:

7 Hills
22-04-2012, 06:22 AM
Is it just me, or is the worst aspect of this sorry tale not the fact that she's going out with a Jambo, according to the item description?! :-)

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2012, 06:35 AM
I'm in for 10k god i hope i win, but i have a feeling i might just miss out on this one. :wink:

Beefster
22-04-2012, 06:37 AM
I'd rather an independent Hibby made a bit of cash than some 'hospitality' company...

Have a feeling that by buying a debenture type thing none of my money will go to Hibs...but that's what it looks like I'll be getting at the moment

You'd be happy for her to make a bit of cash by selling a Hibs ticket to a Yam?

ArmadaleHibs
22-04-2012, 06:39 AM
Disgraceful!!!!!! If you don't need the ticket, simple, don't take two from the allocation. I'm entitled to six by using me and my two boys season tickets and that's me and my mates who go every week home and away covered. The thought of cashing in whilst so many good hibs fans could have the ticket disgusts me. Defo no place for this and whilst I know it's the way of the world now to cash in on anything you can, not this. That ticket should be left for public sale or given at face value. She should offer it to someone on hibs.net. I really hope she re-thinks.

Harpandcastle
22-04-2012, 06:42 AM

I would alert someone at Hibs to who she is, as she is entitled to 2 there is probably not much they can do however I would still bring it to their attention. As you say it's pretty shameless and if one person scores out it then others are bound to follow.

Stantons Angel
22-04-2012, 06:42 AM
Is it just me, or is the worst aspect of this sorry tale not the fact that she's going out with a Jambo, according to the item description?! :-)

I will refrain from commenting on this aspect! We all knew that there was a certainty that this would happen. Does this person not read the papers or indeed this forum? There are thousands of supporters desperate to get their hands on tickets! Im all for free enterprise and all that but this is the Scottish Cup Final with only 20k tickets and this person is selling this ticket on a public media board and anyone and i mean ANYONE can bid and get the ticket EVEN a Jambo!!!!
Crowd control is going to be difficult enough at this game. Emotions will run very high! I for one do not want one of them beside me!
Look after our own, there are many disappointed people who would pay over the odds for a ticket and they are HIBEES supporters.
Doesnt she realise that the club can trace her, her season and put a stop on her getting this ticket for sale on ebay!!

This really takes the crap out of the HIBERNIAN family ethic!
Get a grip and pull this advert if you dont need the ticket get on here and offer a real supporter a chance to be part of history.
So disappointed!!!!

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2012, 06:46 AM
I will refrain from commenting on this aspect! We all knew that there was a certainty that this would happen. Does this person not read the papers or indeed this forum? There are thousands of supporters desperate to get their hands on tickets! Im all for free enterprise and all that but this is the Scottish Cup Final with only 20k tickets and this person is selling this ticket on a public media board and anyone and i mean ANYONE can bid and get the ticket EVEN a Jambo!!!!
Crowd control is going to be difficult enough at this game. Emotions will run very high! I for one do not want one of them beside me!
Look after our own, there are many disappointed people who would pay over the odds for a ticket and they are HIBEES supporters.
Doesnt she realise that the club can trace her, her season and put a stop on her getting this ticket for sale on ebay!!

This really takes the crap out of the HIBERNIAN family ethic!
Get a grip and pull this advert if you dont need the ticket get on here and offer a real supporter a chance to be part of history.
So disappointed!!!!

Only if they bid over 10k :wink:

joe breezy
22-04-2012, 06:49 AM
You'd be happy for her to make a bit of cash by selling a Hibs ticket to a Yam?

I didn't see the bit in the ad that says will sell to Hearts fans only

I'd rather she ensured the buyer was a Hibbie do guess the best way to do that is to sell to someone you know for face value

gorgie greens
22-04-2012, 06:59 AM
Was willing to pay over the odds as its a game you could never miss,but £10 k,+ has blown me out of the water,n I'm not selling my new BMW ,
Not being a season ticket holder (due to my geographical location)anymore,it is my only option,unless some kind hibs netter sees pity on me ,grovell

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2012, 07:10 AM
Was willing to pay over the odds as its a game you could never miss,but £10 k,+ has blown me out of the water,n I'm not selling my new BMW ,
Not being a season ticket holder (due to my geographical location)anymore,it is my only option,unless some kind hibs netter sees pity on me ,grovell

Come on, are you a hibby or not? We should be doing our utmost to try and get this person as much as possible, get the car sold and start bidding. I'm sure if someone wants this ticket, we can reach the £1m mark by the end of the day. :greengrin

gorgie greens
22-04-2012, 07:14 AM
Come on, are you a hibby or not? We should be doing our utmost to try and get this person as much as possible, get the car sold and start bidding. I'm sure if someone wants this ticket, we can reach the £1m mark by the end of the day. :greengrin

Only got the car on Thursday ,but I'm thinking about it,
What do I love more

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2012, 07:20 AM
Only got the car on Thursday ,but I'm thinking about it,
What do I love more

Come on, ones a clapped out old heap, the other gets you around and to work. You love that clapped out heap, its no contest. :greengrin start bidding. :thumbsup:

TornadoHibby
22-04-2012, 07:24 AM
I would alert someone at Hibs to who she is, as she is entitled to 2 there is probably not much they can do however I would still bring it to their attention. As you say it's pretty shameless and if one person scores out it then others are bound to follow.

Check out some of the other threads since Friday lunchtime and you'll see that a number of others are planning this kind of thing and are also suggesting that they will buy ST's to which they are not entitled to get a ticket for the Final to which they would not be entitled to! :confused:

I never ceased to be amazed by the 'dirty tricks' that some people will resort to over things like this!

hibee
22-04-2012, 07:52 AM

No need to sell it mate, I'll swap you a ticket for the car and might even throw in my own used BMW as an added bonus!!

NAE NOOKIE
22-04-2012, 07:55 AM
This isnt a ticket for Wimbledon or something like that. This is a ticket for a once in a lifetime opportunity which may never come around again.

I would rather give a spare ticket away to a Hibby than take the chance of a Yam getting their hands on it, even for a thousand quid.

Malonga's Cat
22-04-2012, 08:06 AM
This is disgusting. I hope the club catch this person out and they get no tickets. This could go to anyone who doesn't support Hibs while there are thousands of Hibby's going to miss out. If she doesn't need the 2nd ticket for a hibby friend, here's an idea... don't get one! Leave it for someone else, the more folk who do that, the more chance there is of a general sale! :tsk tsk:

joe breezy
22-04-2012, 08:06 AM
This isnt a ticket for Wimbledon or something like that. This is a ticket for a once in a lifetime opportunity which may never come around again.

I would rather give a spare ticket away to a Hibby than take the chance of a Yam getting their hands on it, even for a thousand quid.

The potential for a Hearts fan buying one of these has changed my mind on this

My position was that if someone can pay over 400 for a season ticket then has a spare that they are happy to sell to me for 60 quid I don't mind at all

But when it's an open auction site that could be used by a Hearts fan then that's no good

Hermit Crab
22-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Current bid £8,100!! Ok who's at the lash?? ;-)

Andy74
22-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Isn't she doing a public service by offering a ticket publically that previously was under her discretion to allocate as she wished?

AFKA5814_Hibs
22-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Looks like it's been pulled, good.

Hibernia&Alba
22-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Looks like it's been pulled, good.

Yes, nothing there when I just clicked the link. I hope the seller has seen sense.

semaj64
22-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Shamefull act of selfishness. If she does not need the ticket leave it in the pot for someone who does. Hope the club can stamps this behaviour out.

Squealing pig
22-04-2012, 09:02 AM
She should repost advert but bottle of irn bru for sale with free hearts v hibs final ticket see how much the Ginger goes for

Leithenhibby
22-04-2012, 09:04 AM

I feel you should still N&S her even though it looks to have been pulled! :devil:

ronaldo7
22-04-2012, 09:10 AM
I feel you should still N&S her even though it looks to have been pulled! :devil:

Let's not name and shame, let's just leave her to ponder her thoughts on the matter. If I have any extras, they will go to Hibs fans at face value.

Leithenhibby
22-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Let's not name and shame, let's just leave her to ponder her thoughts on the matter. If I have any extras, they will go to Hibs fans at face value.

:agree: Tongue is firmly in cheek :wink:

Dalkeith
22-04-2012, 09:22 AM
If I have any extras, they will go to Hibs fans at face value.

same here

ronaldo7
22-04-2012, 09:23 AM
:agree: Tongue is firmly in cheek :wink:

:aok:

reservoir hibee
22-04-2012, 11:07 AM
fwiw

im all the way over in new zealand and extremely unlikely to even make it back to the country for the game!!!! might not even be able to afford to go to australia and watch it on "proper tv" and instead watch it on a ****ty dodgy stream in a pub at 2 in the morning with a maximum of 5 other hibees and a jambo i just met today(who has been taking it tight since i met him via text).

for someone to be trying to pull off what they just did...... three words

hung/drawn/quartered

:wink:

enjoy it everybody its the biggest game in our history WIN LOSE OR DRAW!!!!

i just hope it does not go to penalties and buffers like hell!!!

can you imagine the agony!!!

ANYWAYS...........

bertie mee says ti bill shankly!
have you heard o the north bank highbury!
shanks says no i dont think so!
but i've heard of the mental HIBEES!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** i love being a hibee

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Lofarl
22-04-2012, 11:15 AM
What if you came into possession of 2 Hearts tickets? Would you give them to your Hearts mate's or would you see the £££££££?

Leithenhibby
22-04-2012, 11:23 AM
What if you came into possession of 2 Hearts tickets? Would you give them to your Hearts mate's or would you see the £££££££?

Face value, every time for me :agree: regardless of what team was involved .... :cb

Capt Mainwaring
22-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Shocked and angry when I started reading this thread. If the advert has been pulled then good, hopefully the person has come to their senses.

Us season ticket holders have been rightfully been afforded priority, but let's think of the greater Hibs community. You have the ability to take up a second ticket because you've bought for next season - then make sure you get it into the hands of a deserving Hibee or don't take it at all and make the public sale pot as big as possible.

reservoir hibee
22-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Shocked and angry when I started reading this thread. If the advert has been pulled then good, hopefully the person has come to their senses.

Us season ticket holders have been rightfully been afforded priority, but let's think of the greater Hibs community. You have the ability to take up a second ticket because you've bought for next season - then make sure you get it into the hands of a deserving Hibee or don't take it at all and make the public sale pot as big as possible.

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:: agree::agree:

FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!

END OFF!!!!!!

THREAD CLOSED

:greengrin

Gala Foxes
22-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Take it the "seller" has no mates, pretty sad

JennaFletcher
22-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Absolute cant.

I think we should routinely check eBay to ensure that any future cants can be pulled in time.

:agree:

joebakerforever
22-04-2012, 12:55 PM
A Google enquiry reveals the professional touts are already offering to buy & sell tickets for 19/5.

No doubt this will offer a more discreet, though less profitable, route for those wishing to make a fast buck.

It's a matter of choice at the end of the day, if the Club are unable to identify the profiteers and take appropriate action.

Personally I value friendship above profit and when I get my spare, it will be going at face value to a mate who cannot attend ER regularly, but made the effort to go to the semi.

Greendub
22-04-2012, 01:04 PM
The thing is, as hearts allocation is sold out, any tickets like these will be up for grabs from both sets of fans.

Me and my mate discussed the other day that if we could only get tickets for the yams end, we would. So when we win and their end is empty, we'll stand bang in the middle scarfes flying singing SOL!!

JennaFletcher
22-04-2012, 01:08 PM
The thing is, as hearts allocation is sold out, any tickets like these will be up for grabs from both sets of fans.

Me and my mate discussed the other day that if we could only get tickets for the yams end, we would. So when we win and their end is empty, we'll stand bang in the middle scarfes flying singing SOL!!

:greengrin

Lungo--Drom
22-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Love it mate, superb, £10k bid :)

Only if they bid over 10k :wink:

SuperTortolano
22-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Bit ot but I too LOVE being a Hibee!!

Franck Stanton
22-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Well, I hope the club do something about it. I am on the point of giving up the idea of coming over from Brazil for the final, due to not being guaranteed a ticket, and I am one of many many die-hard overseas fans who either won't be coming back coz we can't get a ticket, or are coming back anyway even without the guarantee of one.

There's also plenty of folks in Scotland/UK who, despite not being season ticket holders, for one reason or another, could lay bloody good claims to being deserving of a ticket for the final and here's some trollop trying to pocket a bit of cash to the highest bidder for one. I hope she gets exactly what she deserves...

Having recently purchased my S/T for next season, [prior to semi-final result], I appear to fall into the category to get a ticket, however find that I am unable to make the final. [Holiday booked ages ago], so if you want I will try and get one and you can have it for face value. Just give me a wee pm.

lobster
22-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Having recently purchased my S/T for next season, [prior to semi-final result], I appear to fall into the category to get a ticket, however find that I am unable to make the final. [Holiday booked ages ago], so if you want I will try and get one and you can have it for face value. Just give me a wee pm.

:top marks

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-04-2012, 05:04 PM

That must be the equivalent of falling into a skip full of bairns dummies and ending up with one of Kelly Brook's nipples in your mouth!

Lucky boy!

N.Wales Hibby
22-04-2012, 05:11 PM

Well done. You have made a fellow Hibby's day. :top marks

magpie1892
22-04-2012, 05:24 PM

That's how it's done.

Penrith Hibee
22-04-2012, 06:17 PM

Eric, you have restored my faith in the greater HFC community! Well done.

ALF TUPPER
22-04-2012, 06:45 PM
I 'might' be in a similar position. Not sure yet.

In the event i cant go - the ticket will go to a hibs.netter for the face value. No way that if i cant manage to biggest game of my life i would rip off a fellow Hibby.

Thats wrong on so many levels.

But, hey..... Name and shame the ebayer ;)

Pete
22-04-2012, 07:59 PM
I 'might' be in a similar position. Not sure yet.

In the event i cant go - the ticket will go to a hibs.netter for the face value. No way that if i cant manage to biggest game of my life i would rip off a fellow Hibby.

Thats wrong on so many levels.

But, hey..... Name and shame the ebayer ;)

It's been pulled which is the important thing. Nice lassie as well, maybe she had one or two too many and thought it was a good idea. However, she's been mixing with jambos so maybe they've had a hand in this.

Definitely going to be looking out for this sort of thing again on ebay. This is how the sparrrieheeds get into our end!

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Love it mate, superb, £10k bid :)

Did i win? :greengrin

ALF TUPPER
22-04-2012, 08:41 PM
It's been pulled which is the important thing. Nice lassie as well, maybe she had one or two too many and thought it was a good idea. However, she's been mixing with jambos so maybe they've had a hand in this.

Definitely going to be looking out for this sort of thing again on ebay. This is how the sparrrieheeds get into our end!

Yeah, the devil is at work :)

Danderhall Hibs
22-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Thing is because folk are gettting the chance of buying an additional ticket they can't use, some of them will se the £ signs and hawk them off to the highest bidder.

It would've been much less likely to happen if ST holders only got to buy the one ticket they need.

woody47
22-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Just wondering where these touts get the tickets from?

http://www.livefootballtickets.com/scottish-cup-final-hearts-v-hibernian-tickets/glasgow-10989.html

LancashireHibby
22-04-2012, 09:09 PM
They only worry about that once they've got some poor sod's cash out of them.

joe breezy
22-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Yeah, it doesn't mean they have any tickets yet, although there will definitely be debentures around I suppose that these guys are banking getting their hands on

Some ticket sites have proved to be well dodgy in the past, although I used one for Ajax tickets once and got them okay

cocopops1875
22-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Debentures ?

essexhibee
22-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Yeah, it doesn't mean they have any tickets yet, although there will definitely be debentures around I suppose that these guys are banking getting their hands on

Some ticket sites have proved to be well dodgy in the past, although I used one for Ajax tickets once and got them okay

Have you got to hope on general sale as well? I was up for the semi...spent all that money on travel but it seems don't have a hope of getting a final ticket :rolleyes:

joe breezy
22-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Have you got to hope on general sale as well? I was up for the semi...spent all that money on travel but it seems don't have a hope of getting a final ticket :rolleyes:

I think if you know enough Hibs fans and maybe prepared to pay a bit extra if need be everyone who really wants one will get one...I hope so anyway...

One of my pals says he get me one, but just one, from some guy in Glasgow and it's over the odds as it's a debenture I think but I'm not sure...

Once they go on sale I expect to hear of a few more that season ticket holders may have spare

Need to see what happens, booking my travel up next Thursday anyway

Pete
23-04-2012, 04:38 AM
Yeah, the devil is at work :)

The devil was indeed at work. She somehow thought it was a good idea to do this and really wasn't thinking about the profit at all....she just wanted to share the love! Honestly!

Of course when it all wore off she was mortified and pulled it immediately.

We all do daft things.

ALF TUPPER
23-04-2012, 05:52 AM
The devil was indeed at work. She somehow thought it was a good idea to do this and really wasn't thinking about the profit at all....she just wanted to share the love! Honestly!

Of course when it all wore off she was mortified and pulled it immediately.

We all do daft things.

Yeah, we do Peter. It was a bit daft ! The ticket was pulled from the auction , so its all sorted.

The Green Goblin
23-04-2012, 11:40 AM

Well.....words fail me. That is unbelievable. Thank you so so much. There“s nothing I could write that could express how I feel right now.

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you!!!!!!!!

Will pm shortly.

NAE NOOKIE
23-04-2012, 09:48 PM

That is pure class :agree:

But I have to say mate .................. It must be a hell of a holiday you are going on :greengrin

JohnStephens91
23-04-2012, 10:03 PM
We should create a sticky thread which will act to alert us of any cup final tickets on Ebay and we can sabotage the bidding process by going in with ridiculous offers. This will effectively screw up their chances of selling the ticket and we should all e-mail the club to make sure it is pulled from Ebay.

Danderhall Hibs
24-04-2012, 07:02 AM
We should create a sticky thread which will act to alert us of any cup final tickets on Ebay and we can sabotage the bidding process by going in with ridiculous offers. This will effectively screw up their chances of selling the ticket and we should all e-mail the club to make sure it is pulled from Ebay.

Genuine question - aren't you allowed to sell tickets on eBay?

The problem is that folk are/will be getting a hold of spares in the 1st place.

marinello59
24-04-2012, 07:17 AM

Go on, you are dying to say it. Why have people got spares to punt again? :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
24-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Go on, you are dying to say it. Why have people got spares to punt again? :greengrin

Good question! Touts always manage get their hands on tickets from somewhere.

Greendub
24-04-2012, 07:44 AM

Yes you can sell tickets on eBay, but not for more than their face value.

Beefster
24-04-2012, 07:44 AM

Folk should only really be taking up spares unless they have someone for it or are planning to do something altruistic like give it away to a 'deserving' case on here. The fact that spares will end up on eBay or with touts says more about the individual that Hibs' cup final ticket policy IMHO.

If they all went to a general sale, there would be the same problem, I would think.

Hillsidehibby
24-04-2012, 07:51 AM
Good question! Touts always manage get their hands on tickets from somewhere.

Back when Hearts were in the final against Gretna a jambo mate in London asked a favour to go and pick up 4 tickets for him in Glasgow (I was working there at the time)

I got a phone call to go to a hotel and meet this guy who turned out to be the manager of a first division team at the time!!!!

Viva_Palmeiras
24-04-2012, 11:08 AM
That is pure class :agree:But I have to say mate .................. It must be a hell of a holiday you are going on :greengrinHe's gonna burgle an apartment in Sao Paulo ;)

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Any tickets on ebay, all you have to do is bid a silly amount. i put in 1m but it would not allow it, so went down to 10k. That was accepted, :wink: eventually the tickets will be withdrawn. :greengrin

The Green Goblin
24-04-2012, 01:50 PM
He's gonna burgle an apartment in Sao Paulo ;)

:greengrin hahahaha

strathy
27-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Just came across another cup final ticket on ebay and thought a few here may want to bid :D

Here is the link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEARTS-V-HIBS-SCOTTISH-CUP-FINAL-TICKET-HAMPDEN-PARK-MAY-19TH-2012-/190671611015?pt=UK_SportsMemorabilia_Football_Memo rabilia_ET&hash=item2c64e9e487

Currently sitting at £51 which is way to cheap :thumbsup:

lyonhibs
27-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Just came across another cup final ticket on ebay and thought a few here may want to bid :D

Here is the link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEARTS-V-HIBS-SCOTTISH-CUP-FINAL-TICKET-HAMPDEN-PARK-MAY-19TH-2012-/190671611015?pt=UK_SportsMemorabilia_Football_Memo rabilia_ET&hash=item2c64e9e487

Currently sitting at £51 which is way to cheap :thumbsup:

As it's in the Hearts end, most probably not.

:loser:

SlickShoes
27-04-2012, 12:37 PM
I think it should be going for at least £9000, anyone else fancy a bid?

Moulin Yarns
27-04-2012, 12:42 PM
I think it should be going for at least £9000, anyone else fancy a bid?

Next bid should be £70.62

closely followed by £7062.00

1875HFC
27-04-2012, 12:42 PM
In the hearts end, would rather miss the match than sit amongst that lot

Hibs07p
27-04-2012, 12:57 PM
In the hearts end, would rather miss the match than sit amongst that lot

I think it should be linked to kickback and let them deal with it.

GGTTH

Captain Trips
27-04-2012, 01:06 PM
I think some of their fans will be in the exact same boat as some of us and will be dissaponted to see that on Ebay.

O'Rourke3
27-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Kickback were giving it large when it was Hibs end tickets on sale. wonder if the self righteous mob will turn on their own or justify it as a hibs fan who happened to qualify

SteveHFC
27-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Current bid £62 :top marks

Mikey
27-04-2012, 01:20 PM
A Hearts fan ripping off Hearts fans.

Fantastic :greengrin

lyonhibs
27-04-2012, 01:36 PM

There's almost certainly a widescreen telly involved somewhere along the line......................................

Andy74
27-04-2012, 01:39 PM
If you make a daft bid on ebay is it enforceable?

Captain Trips
27-04-2012, 01:42 PM
No longer available.

H18sry
27-04-2012, 02:03 PM
:wink:

Thanks for bidding on this item:

190671611015 - HEARTS V HIBS SCOTTISH CUP FINAL TICKET HAMPDEN PARK MAY 19TH 2012

We had to remove this listing and cancel all bids relating to this item. We know this is disappointing for everyone involved, but we can't allow listings on our site that breach our policies.

There are three main reasons why we remove listings:
- The item isn't allowed on eBay or can only be listed under certain conditions.
- The way the item was listed doesn't follow eBay rules.

Here's what you can do if you've already paid for the item:

If you won the item and you've already paid for it, you can choose to reverse the payment, if possible, or ask the seller for a refund. If you've already received the item you've the option of accepting it or returning it to the seller for a refund.

1) Contact the seller
2) Contact your payment provider
3) Report that the matter hasn't been resolved

- Contact the seller

At this stage, we recommend that you contact the seller and discuss the situation. These situations can often be resolved with a friendly conversation..

Check your email account for any previous emails you received from the seller - these may contain their contact information. Unfortunately, we can't give you the seller's contact details.

- Contact your payment provider

If you can't reach the seller, contact the service that you used to send payment. They may be able to reverse the payment.

If you used PayPal, copy this link into a new browser window to find out whether your purchase is protected:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_pbp-info-outside#dispute

If you paid using another method, such as bank transfer or credit card, contact your bank or credit card company.

- Report that the matter hasn't been resolved

If you're not able to arrange a refund and you didn't receive the item (or it wasn't as described in the listing), please let us know. You can contact us from any eBay Help page.

We assure you that your eBay record won't be negatively affected by this matter. We've told the seller that this listing has been removed and that you're no longer obliged to complete the purchase.

Finally, as the listing has been removed, no Feedback can be left for the purchase.

We hope that this information helps you decide how to proceed in this situation. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

.Sean.
27-04-2012, 03:59 PM
If you make a daft bid on ebay is it enforceable?

Fairly certain it's legally binding mate.

ALF TUPPER
27-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Fairly certain it's legally binding mate.

Yep its legally binding

TamHibs
27-04-2012, 07:40 PM
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=190671742229&back=1

How do you report these? I logged in but couldn't see the option

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gxf1oa

H18sry
27-04-2012, 09:31 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130687094205?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649#ht_500wt_1156 and another one :protest::protest:

Supraninja
27-04-2012, 10:03 PM
£7062! It happened!

FranckSuzy
27-04-2012, 10:05 PM
£7062! It happened!

Och, it's £7,162 now :rolleyes:

SlickShoes
27-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Yep its legally binding

But if you win and can't afford it all you get is a slap on the wrists from ebay and the seller is left high and dry, so bid up these people flogging tickets and ruin the auctions.

Hibercelona
27-04-2012, 11:22 PM

---

£100,000.00?

Pfft! And you call yourself real fans... :cb

Andy74
28-04-2012, 07:31 AM
But if you win and can't afford it all you get is a slap on the wrists from ebay and the seller is left high and dry, so bid up these people flogging tickets and ruin the auctions.

Unless they want to sue you I presume? You would probay be liable for the difference they get from eventual sale.

jonny
28-04-2012, 07:35 AM

---

You cant report them from the mobile site. Have to be on the full site to do it - there's a little link on the right near to the bottom that says "report this item" just click on it and follow the instructions.

H18sry
28-04-2012, 08:26 AM
£7062! It happened!

Och, it's £7,162 now :rolleyes:

Some toerag has outbid me doh :greengrin

The_Sauz
28-04-2012, 12:30 PM
This listing (130687094205) has been removed, or this item is not available. :na na:

givescotlandfreedom
28-04-2012, 12:34 PM
I was winning too! :boo hoo: :giruy:

JennaFletcher
02-05-2012, 01:23 AM
New one.

Item ID: 51052189222

Buy It Now price £500 2 x Hibs end South Stand tickets...

edinburghhibee
02-05-2012, 01:31 AM
The hibs and hearts supporters who are doing this are a joke, if your not wanting the ticket sell it to a fan who wants to go for face value. Hope the clubs can trace who the ticket was allocated to and ban them from future cup final sales.

Dalkeith
02-05-2012, 04:01 AM

If you think rhats bad have a look at gumtree
£200 a ticket

ALF TUPPER
02-05-2012, 05:03 AM

Lol aye ..... there's always that course of action :)

El Gubbz
02-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Is it just me who isnt too bothered by this? You charge what people will pay. People have been doing this for gigs for yonks. Don't understand why people don't just buy season tickets to get a ticket instead of paying well over the odds

JeMeSouviens
02-05-2012, 08:31 AM
If they're South Stand Upper like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Scottish-Cup-Final-Tickets-Hibernian-Section-Hampden-Park-Glasgow-/130689755715?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item1e6db76a43

Then it's not Hibbies selling them, it's Hampden debenture holders.

Andy74
02-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Is it just me who isnt too bothered by this? You charge what people will pay. People have been doing this for gigs for yonks. Don't understand why people don't just buy season tickets to get a ticket instead of paying well over the odds

Gigs tickets annoy me as people now buy with a view just to sell them on and deny people a shot at getting them when they go on sale.

Tickets that come under an entitlement are a bit different and surely people can do with those what they want?

hibbymac
02-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Somebody else trying to cash in ?? Here (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hearts-V-Hibs-Scottish-Cup-Final-Original-Oil-Painting-Glen-Vaudrey-GV-/120853707914?pt=UK_art_Paintings_GL&hash=item1c23713c8a#ht_4348wt_1180)

Hearts v Hibs Scottish Cup Final original oil painting £350 ........ Hertz, playing a team in black, not a hint of green, at Tynecastle, hmmmm ... bargain

lyonhibs
02-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Somebody else trying to cash in ?? Here (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hearts-V-Hibs-Scottish-Cup-Final-Original-Oil-Painting-Glen-Vaudrey-GV-/120853707914?pt=UK_art_Paintings_GL&hash=item1c23713c8a#ht_4348wt_1180)

Hearts v Hibs Scottish Cup Final original oil painting £350 ........ Hertz, playing a team in black, not a hint of green, at Tynecastle, hmmmm ... bargain

With the Twin Towers in the background???

Looks like it was done by someone's 8 year old bairn!!!

hibbymac
02-05-2012, 10:19 AM
With the Twin Towers in the background???

Looks like it was done by someone's 8 year old bairn!!!

:agree: but to be fair, I thought it was a ten year old. :green grin

It'll probably be on American Ebay, ... original oil painting of the Twin Towers with soccer match in the foreground.

HFC07
02-05-2012, 11:31 AM
:agree: but to be fair, I thought it was a ten year old. :green grin

It'll probably be on American Ebay, ... original oil painting of the Twin Towers with soccer match in the foreground.

Have a look at the description it says, Tema B = Man Utd & Team = Man City???

It also says date of creation 1990, IRC we never had a black strip in 1990 - Did we?

Clear not Hibs v Hearts

hibbymac
02-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Have a look at the description it says, Tema B = Man Utd & Team = Man City???

It also says date of creation 1990, IRC we never had a black strip in 1990 - Did we?

Clear not Hibs v Hearts

:agree: ... as I said, someone trying to cash in on the final.

joebakerforever
02-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Tickets are also on Gumtree, Edinburgh for cash offers for both Hibs & Hearts Sections.

Here is one greedy tout's sales pitch:-

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/hibs-v-hearts-2-final-tickets-for-19512/101538082

hibee81
08-05-2012, 08:05 PM
http://www.ticket4football.com/scottish-football-tickets/7630/7658/scottish-cup-final-hampden-park-19-may-2012-tickets.aspx

rockysrovers
08-05-2012, 08:26 PM
http://www.ticket4football.com/scottish-football-tickets/7630/7658/scottish-cup-final-hampden-park-19-may-2012-tickets.aspx

Like to know where they get there info. £50 and £72 face value, I think not
:flag:

OstKurve Hibs
09-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Anyone know of any agencies that will be sellin tickets for the final? I was un fortunate not to get tickets and need 2 for me and the auld man. Was wonderin if anyone had dealt wi any the agencies and could reccomend one?

joe breezy
09-05-2012, 05:17 PM
£170 he says...

I went on to see if I could get a ticket for my dad as due to my lack of sharpness didn't use a friends details when I shoulda, I wouldn't think of ripping off a Hibby over £120

An extra tenner for their troubles or whatever but anyways....I suppose there will be quite a bit of this

"Ticket date
19/05/12
1 TICKET FOR EAST STAND FOR CUP FINAL AT HAMPDEN
HAVE A SPARE TICKET AND TAKING BEST OFFER
EMAIL ME YOUR OFFER AND BEST OFFER BY MONDAY 14TH GETS TICKET
I WILL EMAIL UPDATE OF HIGHEST PRICE DAILY TO SAVE ALL THE EMAILS
CURRENTLY BEST OFFER IS £170
WILL BE PICKING UP TICKET MONDAY MORNING SO AVAILABLE FOR COLLECTION THAT EVENING ONWARDS"

Wotherspiniesta
09-05-2012, 05:20 PM
********, imo.

superfurryhibby
09-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Personally I find profiteering pretty disgusting. I mean how skint can you be to lower your self to that level. Nae class.

I would rather watch it on the telly that indulge the ****s!

Purehibee_MYB
Not on to be honest...

He's not a real Hibs fan if he's looking to make a massive profit at another hibees expense...

greenlex
£170 he says...

I went on to see if I could get a ticket for my dad as due to my lack of sharpness didn't use a friends details when I shoulda, I wouldn't think of ripping off a Hibby over £120

An extra tenner for their troubles or whatever but anyways....I suppose there will be quite a bit of this

"Ticket date
19/05/12
1 TICKET FOR EAST STAND FOR CUP FINAL AT HAMPDEN
HAVE A SPARE TICKET AND TAKING BEST OFFER
EMAIL ME YOUR OFFER AND BEST OFFER BY MONDAY 14TH GETS TICKET
I WILL EMAIL UPDATE OF HIGHEST PRICE DAILY TO SAVE ALL THE EMAILS
CURRENTLY BEST OFFER IS £170
WILL BE PICKING UP TICKET MONDAY MORNING SO AVAILABLE FOR COLLECTION THAT EVENING ONWARDS"
Disgusting. Name and shame if you have the details.

HUTCHYHIBBY
Lower than a snakes belly!

The_Todd
Subhuman ****bag.

joe breezy
09-05-2012, 05:22 PM
and another

hibs v hearts scottish cup final tickets X2
£500 New Town, Edinburgh

Ticket date
19/05/12
2 x scottish cup final tickets hibs end north stand £500 the pair

Very disappointing that people are ripping off fellow supporters and making profits out of them.

woodythehibee
Disgraceful

Sean1875
09-05-2012, 05:23 PM
and another

hibs v hearts scottish cup final tickets X2
£500 New Town, Edinburgh

Ticket date
19/05/12
2 x scottish cup final tickets hibs end north stand £500 the pair

That is mental :bitchy: Times like this we should all be uniting, not ripping off our fellow fans.

7 Hills
09-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Bang out of order. I've ended up with spares for cup games in the past due to people being unable to attend the game and I've only sold them on for face value - why the **** would you want to make a profit from a fellow Hibs fan?

Wotherspiniesta
09-05-2012, 05:24 PM
The club should be contacting these people and get them banned from attending. (IF they're attending themselves)

magpie1892
09-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Mate of mine (ST holder) already had his two but he actually got another pair for me and a fellow Dutch hibby out of the goodness of his heart.

This gumtree person lacks his class.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-05-2012, 05:25 PM
I told my old dear I had got two tickets in the ballot and bought another 2 today, "You'll be able to sell a couple for a few quid then" was her first reaction.

She'll not make that mistake again!

Planet Hibs
09-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Perhaps a few spoof bids coming there way and they won't have a clue what to believe is true

lyonhibs
09-05-2012, 05:27 PM
I find myself in the same situation as those filthy chancers (no mass PM's yet, keep an eye on the main board from tomorrow afternoon) and it never even crossed my mind to ask for a profit beyond a pint or 2. *******s want hung if you ask me.

Ultrabee1-0
09-05-2012, 05:37 PM
my dad sold a adult ticket to a child for a £10 today! people that ask over face value are ********s!

SRHibs
09-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Not sure I see the big issue here. If someone is entitled to a ticket, as a result of their loyalty to Hibs throughout this season, then they can do with it what they want. As long as there's a Hibs fan in the seat - one who's happy with paying whatever price they paid - then what's the issue? The club don't lose out at all.

woodythehibee
09-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Message the rip off merchants and say you want to know the seat number. Then report him to the T.O

The Green Goblin
09-05-2012, 10:54 PM
Not sure I see the big issue here. If someone is entitled to a ticket, as a result of their loyalty to Hibs throughout this season, then they can do with it what they want. As long as there's a Hibs fan in the seat - one who's happy with paying whatever price they paid - then what's the issue? The club don't lose out at all.

The fans are exploited though, by fellow fans. Have to say, I read your post then saw your username and found it funny. ;-) shouldn't you be arguing the opposite?

Hibs07p
10-05-2012, 04:11 AM
I told my old dear I had got two tickets in the ballot and bought another 2 today, "You'll be able to sell a couple for a few quid then" was her first reaction.

She'll not make that mistake again!

Ye didnae gie her a dooing did ye? :greengrin

joe breezy
10-05-2012, 05:18 AM

Having sold a few rugby tickets as a kid I used to agree with that. I used to make 20 quid a ticket.
Just seems a bit off charging over £200 mark up when you see the stories here of people who spent hours phoning

Not everyone can afford a season ticket and surely everyone will know or hear of someone who needs one.

Just need to come in here to see there's plenty deserving people

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Ye didnae gie her a dooing did ye? :greengrin

Only verbally! :-)

HibbySpurs
10-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Horrified to see so called fans on both sides trying to flog "spare" tickets on Gumtree.:grr:
Examples:

3 X for yams end - £1,000
1 X for Hibs end - £125+

I had a spare yesterday and I have two mates wanting the ticket I'll charge the eh let me see....... £28.00

These people are vermin and are a disgrace to both clubs....

JennaFletcher
10-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Horrified to see so called fans on both sides trying to flog "spare" tickets on Gumtree.:grr:
Examples:

1 X for Hibs end - £125+

I had a spare yesterday and I have two mates wanting the ticket I'll charge the eh let me see....... £28.00

You couldn't pay me £1,000 to sit amongst that lot :greengrin I value my personal hygiene and brain functionality too much.

SRHibs
10-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Examples:

1 X for Hibs end - £125+

If they've done enough to be entitled to the tickets, then they're free to do whatever they want with them. They're not forcing people to pay that amount.

allezsauzee
10-05-2012, 04:46 PM
I fully expect the yams to be ripping each other off. There are probably a few of them taking boxes of hankies to sell to their brethren at extortionate prices when they need to dry their eyes after we've pumped them.

givescotlandfreedom
10-05-2012, 04:47 PM
I suppose the answer is to arrange a meet up somewhere awkward and not show. Or do show and :casper:

HibbySpurs
10-05-2012, 04:49 PM
I suppose the answer is to arrange a meet up somewhere awkward and not show. Or do show and :casper:

Aye thats what I'd do :agree:

They may be entitled to "do as they wish" but they are still ****, surely they all know someone desperate for ticket and could do the honourable thing but nah they'll just rip folk off..... Sadly out of desperation people will pay stupid sums....

sbell1875
10-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Examples:

1 X for Hibs end - £125+

Having once been scammed out of over £200 for AC/DC tickets some mutant on eBay I have had nothing but utter contempt and hatred for these type of people.

Although I have my ticket my sister tried in vain for over 4 hours yesterday online and on the phone for a ticket. When I got home from work she asked what I felt was a fair amount to pay someone on Gumtree and I said you shouldn't bother.

nonshinyfinish
10-05-2012, 04:52 PM
If they've done enough to be entitled to the tickets, then they're free to do whatever they want with them. They're not forcing people to pay that amount.

There are indeed free to do it, but they're still c****.

Kaiser_Sauzee
10-05-2012, 04:54 PM
When Hibs meet Hearts in a Scottish Cup final, there is no such thing as a 'spare ticket'. Ask the other 50,000+ supporters from both sides who were unlucky in not being able to get one.

These people should be flayed and eviscerated at at Leith docks.

one day maybe...
10-05-2012, 04:57 PM
I am all for these sights selling items that people need to get rid of, but until the goverment intervenes with a policy that will stop the down right blatant theft from people who really do want to see the games or concerts, these profiteerers will continue to prey on the needs and wants of those who failed to secure tickets. Tickets should only be allowed to be sold at face value, plus any reasonable handling fee. Ridiculous that this is still allowed to happen, friggin hate when I can't get tickets for concerts because some twat has managed to get through on the lottery concert hotline and secure 20 that are then immediately bunged on these sights at ridiculous prices. Do something about it Mr Cameron.. Rant over...

Pete
10-05-2012, 04:59 PM

They're not free to do what they want with them. The terms of the sale indicate that it shouldn't be sold at more than face value.

I have a hibs ticket and it states that on the back and I'm sure the hampden ones will be the same.

allezsauzee
10-05-2012, 05:02 PM
When Hibs meet Hearts in a Scottish Cup final, there is no such thing as a 'spare ticket'. Ask the other 50,000+ supporters from both sides who were unlucky in not being able to get one.

These people should be flayed and eviscerated at at Leith docks.

This solution is almost as good as your avatar!

HibbySpurs
10-05-2012, 05:06 PM
I am all for these sights selling items that people need to get rid of, but until the goverment intervenes with a policy that will stop the down right blatant theft from people who really do want to see the games or concerts, these profiteerers will continue to prey on the needs and wants of those who failed to secure tickets. Tickets should only be allowed to be sold at face value, plus any reasonable handling fee. Ridiculous that this is still allowed to happen, friggin hate when I can't get tickets for concerts because some twat has managed to get through on the lottery concert hotline and secure 20 that are then immediately bunged on these sights at ridiculous prices. Do something about it Mr Cameron.. Rant over...

The argument is of course "supply & demand" and these pimples on the face of society will do anything to make a fast buck. It infuriates me that some folk will have bought tickets for either end with the sole intent of profiteering out of it, I'm all for free enterprise but come on these people actually are supporters, either season tickets, loyallty points (Hearts) or had to be on the Hibs databse so they arent even real touts just utter **** ripping off their own.
:fuming:

I only needed one extra ticket off the phones yesterday for a mate but bought two when I got through because I knew for a fact that a mate and genuine Hibs supporter would be looking for one as I said I will charge him the £28.00 + £1.50 booking fee, hey he'll probo give me £30.00 and buy me a pint for sorting him out but the real pleasure is in knowing you helped some one out....:cb

jonny
10-05-2012, 05:45 PM
This er$e has put up a picture of the ticket they are trying to tout showing seat number etc

http://www.gumtree.com/p/community/scottish-cup-final-ticket-hibs-end/102130809

wee Email to the club......

Walter
10-05-2012, 05:58 PM
They're not free to do what they want with them. The terms of the sale indicate that it shouldn't be sold at more than face value.

I have a hibs ticket and it states that on the back and I'm sure the hampden ones will be the same.

I might be wrong, but I think you are allowed to sell it at any price you wish, so long as you inform the buyer of the actual face value of the ticket, do not deface it, and agree the selling price. I would be delighted to be wrong, and in no way condone this.

Jamesie
10-05-2012, 06:14 PM
This er$e has put up a picture of the ticket they are trying to tout showing seat number etc

http://www.gumtree.com/p/community/scottish-cup-final-ticket-hibs-end/102130809

wee Email to the club......

Hope it's his or her own ticket and not a picture of someone else's from a messageboard or the like.

one day maybe...
10-05-2012, 06:14 PM
The argument is of course "supply & demand" and these pimples on the face of society will do anything to make a fast buck. It infuriates me that some folk will have bought tickets for either end with the sole intent of profiteering out of it, I'm all for free enterprise but come on these people actually are supporters, either season tickets, loyallty points (Hearts) or had to be on the Hibs databse so they arent even real touts just utter **** ripping off their own.
:fuming:

I only needed one extra ticket off the phones yesterday for a mate but bought two when I got through because I knew for a fact that a mate and genuine Hibs supporter would be looking for one as I said I will charge him the £28.00 + £1.50 booking fee, hey he'll probo give me £30.00 and buy me a pint for sorting him out but the real pleasure is in knowing you helped some one out....:cb

The way it should be good on ya :not worth

LancashireHibby
10-05-2012, 08:52 PM
I might be wrong, but I think you are allowed to sell it at any price you wish, so long as you inform the buyer of the actual face value of the ticket, do not deface it, and agree the selling price. I would be delighted to be wrong, and in no way condone this.
It is a criminal offence to sell a ticket for a football match in the UK above face value.

Walter
10-05-2012, 09:05 PM
It is a criminal offence to sell a ticket for a football match in the UK above face value.

To me it sounds like the same as paying for a hooker. You're paying for an hour of her time....whatever else happens is between the two parties.

Punter pays the £28 quid for the ticket....the rest is a service charge between the two.

Jamesie
10-05-2012, 09:21 PM

Only in England though - not a criminal offence in Scotland.

sleeping giant
10-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Not too fussed if i'm being really honest.
I'll still bid them up by thousands if i see them on ebay though . Just for a laugh:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
10-05-2012, 09:38 PM
I see it's no longer on gumtree, I wonder ir someone e-mailed him and told him the seat number etc had been reported to the club!

Long Time Hibee
10-05-2012, 09:58 PM

Here, here, couldn't agree more Green Goblin. I work every Saturday (have done for about 25 years) and help run my son's team on Sundays so hardly get to any games (was there on Monday and at semi) but have supported Hibs since I was about 6 or 7. (Still remember getting lifted over the turnstiles:tsk tsk:) I couldnt get a ticket yesterday despite re-dialling Hotline for 3 hours without getting through (didn't know about Option 3) and getting a ticket on the on-line (Row B Seat 39) but payment system locked out:grr:. Desparate to go but not being held to ransom by some tout!

SRHibs
10-05-2012, 10:12 PM
People neglect to acknowledge the fact that Hibs have essentially done the same as the people on GT and eBay are doing. Some people have spent £400+ on cup final tickets - buying a ST they may not have use for - solely so that they're guaranteed tickets.

Scouse Hibee
10-05-2012, 10:16 PM
People neglect to acknowledge the fact that Hibs have essentially done the same as the people on GT and eBay are doing. Some people have spent £400+ on cup final tickets - buying a ST they may not have use for - solely so that they're guaranteed tickets.

Are you speculating or do you actually know people that have bought a ST and will not use it?

SRHibs
10-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Are you speculating or do you actually know people that have bought a ST and will not use it?

Yes. My friend's GF has done so.

FranckSuzy
10-05-2012, 10:18 PM

Hardly. Fans know the cost of a ST up front and the benefits it brings. If they can't afford it/won't use it, they won't buy it. These tickets for sale have a face value that has been grossly inflated and someone is profiteering at the expense of a genuine fan.

vein
10-05-2012, 10:19 PM

Thats hardly the same thing. Buy a ST from Hibs and you are entitled to all home league games next season for your £400, buy from a tout and your entitled to taff all for whatever ridiculous amount is added onto the face value.

I'm in the lucky position that I ended up with two spares, those two spares have gone to good Hibbys at face value, I wouldnt even contemplate trying to profiteer from fellow fans.

vein
10-05-2012, 10:21 PM

I'm sure she will be able to pass it onto someone so they can attend games she cant make. Hey she could even sell each game at face value and make some of her outlay back :wink:

Scouse Hibee
10-05-2012, 10:21 PM

Tell her all is not lost and I will give her £50 for the season ticket!

vein
10-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Tell her all is not lost and I will give her £50 for the season ticket!

I'll give her £500 for it :hyper: ......oh wait :greengrin

FitbaFolkKen
10-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Do people genuinely believe there are others out there that don't know what they are doing when they buy a ticket that is overpriced?

I would say fans know the benefits that even an overpriced cup final ticket and would be very surprised if someone paid £100 for a ticket only to turn up at the game and go "is it really £28?".

As has been said if they can't afford/won't use it they won't buy it, unfortunately this stuff will always happen. Look at the prices of hiring buses to go through to glasgow inflating overnight due to the all Edinburgh final.

It's a big bad world.....

vein
10-05-2012, 10:39 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-William-Hill-Scottish-Cup-Final-Tickets-/251058688522?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item3a7443920a

Another pair of tickets for the East stand for buy it now or best offer of £300. Nice pic of the ticket giving all the vital details such as that this is in area A4, row BBB and seat 79. Be a shame if the club found out...

Whats the Ebay rules on Buy it now anyway? From what I read there as long as the face value price is stated it appears they can get away with it, is that right?

woodyloon
10-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Makes you sick, they should be ashamed, fair enough a mistake had been made and great they were in aposition to buy this amount of tickets, but why then put them on buy it now£300.
They could easily asked around their friends or even stuck it on one of the Hibs Forums, or if they wanted to make to sell it above face value plus p &p or delivery then why not offer any profit goes to a worthwhile cause.

:pfgwa

Captain Trips
10-05-2012, 10:56 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-William-Hill-Scottish-Cup-Final-Tickets-/251058688522?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item3a7443920a

Another pair of tickets for the East stand for buy it now or best offer of £300. Nice pic of the ticket giving all the vital details such as that this is in area A4, row BBB and seat 79. Be a shame if the club found out...

Whats the Ebay rules on Buy it now anyway? From what I read there as long as the face value price is stated it appears they can get away with it, is that right?

If I had 2 spare tickets I would sell them at cost+ expenses for postage etc, I know I could get well over face value but I know how it feels to struggle to get a ticket so for me as much as we all like to make money this is an occasion I would not be looking to do that.

Unfortunatly some people feel they can make money and will try and sell them for a lot more than face value however as much as I disagree with it I would not try to disrupt or block the sale as a person whom wants to go and is prepared to pay that will be denied. If the person can think it is ok to charge a fellow Hibbie £300 for 2 tickets and is comfortable with themselves then that is up to them.

sadtom
10-05-2012, 11:03 PM
As far as i'm concerned any so called Hibs fans who rip off other Hibbies are complete and utter F***in' S C U M.
If you are a genuine Hibby you MUST know other genuine fans who have failed to get a ticket. Thats where you should be directing your 'extras'.
I know at least 6 'proper' long standing fans who have, for one reason or another, not got a brief.

I remember outside *********** the night we beat Dundee utd 1-0 (Jacko) in the semi. Some gadgie was trying to sell a ticket for twice the face value and one guy was buying (though he looked pissed off at being taken for a mug) when another Hibby walked past, saw what was happening, smacked the greedy pr1ck in the mouth, putting him on his erchie, snatched the ticket out his hand and handed it to the young prospective buyer.

Nae probs wi rippin' off one o' them. :greengrin But doin' it to one of yer own is not on in my book. Shabby!

vein
10-05-2012, 11:07 PM
If I had 2 spare tickets I would sell them at cost+ expenses for postage etc, I know I could get well over face value but I know how it feels to struggle to get a ticket so for me as much as we all like to make money this is an occasion I would not be looking to do that.

Unfortunatly some people feel they can make money and will try and sell them for a lot more than face value however as much as I disagree with it I would not try to disrupt or block the sale as a person whom wants to go and is prepared to pay that will be denied. If the person can think it is ok to charge a fellow Hibbie £300 for 2 tickets and is comfortable with themselves then that is up to them.

I'll leave it with my post giving the details of the ticket, no doubt the seller will have a look in at Hibs Net now and again so will be able to see what the general consensus is on this.

Oh and if they are looking in......I hope your next jobby is a hedgehog :aok:

sadtom
10-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Wow! Really! S w i n e c a s t l e gets *'d out!!!
My what a sensitive bunch we are. Is it swine or castle thats the problem?:dunno:

sadtom
10-05-2012, 11:10 PM
I'll leave it with my post giving the details of the ticket, no doubt the seller will have a look in at Hibs Net now and again so will be able to see what the general consensus is on this.

Oh and if they are looking in......I hope your next jobby is a hedgehog :aok:

:agree: An epileptic one, with Parkinsons.

hibbymac
10-05-2012, 11:46 PM

.... and in the "vital details" it says WEST STAND, area A4, which, if i'm correct, is the Hertz end. Yam at the wind up I reckon.

SRHibs
11-05-2012, 01:27 AM
As far as i'm concerned any so called Hibs fans who rip off other Hibbies are complete and utter F***in' S C U M.

My what a sensitive bunch we are.

Aye, agreed.

FitbaFolkKen
11-05-2012, 01:28 AM
Aye, agreed.

Aye knickers in twists all over the place!

The Green Goblin
11-05-2012, 01:43 AM
You only have to read the thread where Hibs fans with spares are looking to give them at face value to folks who are flying in from China, Australia, New Zealand, the States etc. to see what's wrong with this and how it should be done. As I have said before, there's also plenty of folks back home whose being able to go to the game would mean the world. I only wish I could help those folks out. Make a few extra quid at a fellow Fan's expense or help one out who has gone to extraordinary lengths to be there or to whom it would mean the world to be there on the 19th? Yeah, it's a tough one right enough....

And all for money. I hope it's worth it.

Pete
11-05-2012, 02:35 AM

What an absolute low-life. Not only is he ripping off hibs fans he is selling them tickets for the wrong end.

The terms of sale on the back of the ticket are pretty clear and Hearts will no doubt take the appropriate action once they are notified.

HibbySpurs
11-05-2012, 07:23 AM
What an absolute low-life. Not only is he ripping off hibs fans he is selling them tickets for the wrong end.

The terms of sale on the back of the ticket are pretty clear and Hearts will no doubt take the appropriate action once they are notified.

Either that or the wit is a ****bo whos got two tickets for the Hibs end as well and has photographed the wrong ticket, either way total rodent....

jonny
11-05-2012, 07:33 AM
Another idiot on gumtree stating the seat numbers of tickets, south stand, row k seats 43 and 44. £400 for the pair. :rolleyes:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/community/scottish-cup-final-2-tickets-hibs-end-fir-sale-200-per-ticket/102147023

AldoHFC
11-05-2012, 07:41 AM

He describes it as being in the East Stand but in his photo on the ticket it says West Stand! :confused:

Killiehibbie
11-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Is it really any different to selling a house, car or anything else that another person desires?

grantonhibee
11-05-2012, 08:59 AM
hi i there i know its a longshot but need 1 ticket for the final , not willing to pay silly money tho would go to £65 tops.. cheers

speedy_gonzales
11-05-2012, 08:59 AM

.... and in the "vital details" it says WEST STAND, area A4, which, if i'm correct, is the Hertz end. Yam at the wind up I reckon.

He describes it as being in the East Stand but in his photo on the ticket it says West Stand! :confused:

AND, unless I'm very much mistaken, the ticket pictured is a kids ticket!!:grr:

Cabbage_Patch
11-05-2012, 09:02 AM
hi i there i know its a longshot but need 1 ticket for the final , not willing to pay silly money tho would go to £65 tops.. cheers

Lol good luck mate. Cheapest i have been offered is 150!

grantonhibee
11-05-2012, 09:04 AM
1 know mate its a longshot just trying to get one for a family member :wink:

down-the-slope
11-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Can i just say i don't one person who 'deserves' to get a ticket who has not got one...

Yes I know plently who want one...but thats a whole different thing (have upset a few by telling them so....:greengrin)

down-the-slope
11-05-2012, 09:16 AM
so this guy is really asking for someone to pay for his hospitality day out
:rolleyes:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-hearts-vs-hibs-cup-final-tickets-/190677131517?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item2c653e20fd

down-the-slope
11-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Joe on 07859229311

Ticket date11/05/12
Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian Scottish Cup Final Tickets

2 tickets in hand for HIBS end, in the BT South Stand Upper Teir 2 seats together.

Genuine tickets available immediately.

£200 each NO TIMEWASTERS!

Please call Joe 07859229311
CALLS ONLY NO TEXTS!

there you go...and a phone number to call :wink:

yeezus.
11-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Got my ticket yesterday, thought there would be folk hanging around ootside Easter road looking for 1

rockysrovers
11-05-2012, 01:40 PM
so this guy is really asking for someone to pay for his hospitality day out
:rolleyes:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-hearts-vs-hibs-cup-final-tickets-/190677131517?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item2c653e20fd

It states now "don't bid sold out" but the auction is still live. We should bid and get the rat a few pennies to spend on his habit before the game. :na na:

H18sry
11-05-2012, 01:58 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-William-Hill-Scottish-Cup-Final-Tickets-/120912381764?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item1c26f08744#ht_577wt_147 :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Joe on 07859229311

Ticket date11/05/12
Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian Scottish Cup Final Tickets

2 tickets in hand for HIBS end, in the BT South Stand Upper Teir 2 seats together.

Genuine tickets available immediately.

£200 each NO TIMEWASTERS!

Please call Joe 07859229311
CALLS ONLY NO TEXTS!

there you go...and a phone number to call :wink:

Oh dear! There may be trouble ahead!

down-the-slope
11-05-2012, 04:20 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-William-Hill-Scottish-Cup-Final-Tickets-/120912381764?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item1c26f08744#ht_577wt_147 :greengrin

:aok: your a bad man

iwasthere1972
11-05-2012, 04:23 PM

WORK COMMITMENTS HAVE RENDERED TWO OF THE TRAVELLING PARTY UNABLE TO GO.

More porkies than a butchers shop.

Make your next bid £7307. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2012, 04:25 PM
I'm in the lead. :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
11-05-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm in the lead. :thumbsup:

Hey you can have mine for ten grand and I'll waive the £7 postage,

Let me know.

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Hey you can have mine for ten grand.

Naw i want this one. :greengrin

vein
12-05-2012, 01:49 AM
Naw i want this one. :greengrin

Did you manage to get it? If not theres another couple up for sale at a starting bid of £400 plus a bargain Buy it Now of £1000!!!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-scottish-cup-final-tickets-hibs-end-/280879570897?pt=UK_SportsMemorabilia_Football_Memo rabilia_ET&hash=item4165ba1fd1

vein
12-05-2012, 01:58 AM
Cant suss out this one, its a picture of a Hearts end ticket posted by ebay user Roberthfc. Area B3, Row MM, seat 69. Starting bids of £900, buy it now £2500.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/scottish-cup-final-tickets-hibs-v-hearts-2012-/190677705855?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item2c6546e47f

Pete
12-05-2012, 02:11 AM
Cant suss out this one, its a picture of a Hearts end ticket posted by ebay user Roberthfc. Area B3, Row MM, seat 69. Starting bids of £900, buy it now £2500.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/scottish-cup-final-tickets-hibs-v-hearts-2012-/190677705855?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item2c6546e47f

This is why you should never buy from these conning gits. That's the second one in two days claiming to be selling hibs tickets but they're actually for the hearts end.

skipster7
12-05-2012, 10:37 AM
I really hope these Pr**** are scrambling about late next week begging for someone to take it off their hands for face value :grr:

sleeping giant
12-05-2012, 01:37 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280879570897?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649 Another

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2012, 01:47 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280879570897?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649 Another

I'm winning another. :greengrin

rockysrovers
12-05-2012, 02:01 PM

Sitting at over £1000 with 4 days left. So is this person not getting the auction hacked with bids from angry hibs supporters?

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Sitting at over £1000 with 4 days left. So is this person not getting the auction hacked with bids from angry hibs supporters?

Have a look at who's winning, and they are definitely prepared to go MUCH higher. :wink:

joe breezy
12-05-2012, 02:12 PM
I had a spare ticket for about 2 minutes - just sold it to my pal for 29.50 - 28 plus booking fee

How can any Hibs fan not have pals that want a ticket?

I could get rid of 10 easy...

So these guys that are selling tickets for big profits are also bumping people that they are connected to...

down-the-slope
12-05-2012, 02:14 PM
Ticket date
19/05/12
Hearts vs hibs final ticket
Hearts end
West stand
£230.
Text 07725 033 435

Another Gum tree posted few minutes ago....with a number to make 'contact'

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Ticket date
19/05/12
Hearts vs hibs final ticket
Hearts end
West stand
£230.
Text 07725 033 435

Another Gum tree posted few minutes ago....with a number to make 'contact'

I only bid on our tickets, have enough for their end anyway. :greengrin

down-the-slope
12-05-2012, 02:17 PM
http://www.gumtree.com/cgi-bin/list_postings.pl?search_terms=hibs+hearts&search_location=United+Kingdom&ubercat=1

look at this link above.....you will be shocked how widespread selling tout style is (a few genuine swaps / wanteds)

down-the-slope
12-05-2012, 02:19 PM
I only bid on our tickets, have enough for their end anyway. :greengrin

aye but a few texts to express your interest / agree purchase and collection......shame if you don't turn up :wink:

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2012, 02:23 PM
aye but a few texts to express your interest / agree purchase and collection......shame if you don't turn up :wink:

That would just be cruel. :wink:

sleeping giant
12-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Have a look at who's winning, and they are definitely prepared to go MUCH higher. :wink:

Not anymore:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Not anymore:greengrin

You were saying? :wink:

sleeping giant
12-05-2012, 03:29 PM
You were saying? :wink:

I was saying that you are not the highest bidder.:aok:

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2012, 03:31 PM
I was saying that you are not the highest bidder.:aok:

You sure? :greengrin

iwasthere1972
12-05-2012, 03:31 PM
http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/hearts-v-hibs-scottish-cup-final-tickets-for-sale/102257672

I certainly wouldn't be meeting anyone in person if I had just scammed them £250 for a ticket. :bandit:

sleeping giant
12-05-2012, 03:32 PM
You sure? :greengrin

Ach , you can have it £100000 :greengrin
Job done:flag:

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Ach , you can have it £100000 :greengrin
Job done:flag:

I hope so, i'm not going a penny over a 100 grand. :thumbsup:

PS you can have the next one. :wink:

down-the-slope
12-05-2012, 03:47 PM
That would just be cruel. :wink:

It would...if was undeserved :greengrin

H18sry
12-05-2012, 04:01 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290711150983?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649#ht_500wt_1361 I'm winning this one :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2012, 04:03 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290711150983?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649#ht_500wt_1361 I'm winning this one :thumbsup:

This ones all yours. :greengrin

sleeping giant
12-05-2012, 05:32 PM
I hope so, i'm not going a penny over a 100 grand. :thumbsup:

PS you can have the next one. :wink:

He's canceled your bids :greengrin

Need to get a few more bids in here people :greengrin

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280879570897?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2012, 07:10 PM
He's canceled your bids :greengrin

Need to get a few more bids in here people :greengrin

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280879570897?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649

Done my bit, they wont let me bid on this anymore. Its up to someone else now, dont let us down. :greengrin

sleeping giant
12-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Done my bit, they wont let me bid on this anymore. Its up to someone else now, dont let us down. :greengrin

Ebay have said i have bid up to my limit and won't let me bid on the other one

rockysrovers
12-05-2012, 07:56 PM
£5000. Bargin :na na:

rockysrovers
12-05-2012, 08:39 PM
3 hours to go and sitting at £10,099 think they will get a little more pie money :aok:

joebakerforever
12-05-2012, 08:50 PM
http://www.gumtree.com/cgi-bin/list_postings.pl?search_terms=hibs+hearts&search_location=United+Kingdom&ubercat=1

look at this link above.....you will be shocked how widespread selling tout style is (a few genuine swaps / wanteds)

There is a Report button on Gumtree ads which you can notify mods if breaching Gumtree terms & conditions.

If dodgy they should be removed

I'm fairly sure that Football tickets are not a valid category:dunno:

H18sry
13-05-2012, 11:10 AM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261023224063?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649#ht_500wt_1361 I'm winning :wink:

vein
13-05-2012, 11:19 AM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261023224063?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649#ht_500wt_1361 I'm winning :wink:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140752281460

Just in case you miss out on that one there is another pair in the above link...

Edit - and onther 2 where the guys 'won' them as part of the ballot but doesnt need them. Bloody good of him to go to the effort of buying the tickets he doesnt need and selling them on for a healthy profit!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scottish-Cup-Final-Tickets-x-2-Hibs-End-East-Stand-/330731872422?pt=UK_Tickets_Tickets_LE&hash=item4d0127e0a6

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2012, 11:22 AM
I'm in again. :wink:

H18sry
13-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Outbid again :fuming: don't think I'll ever win :wink:

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Outbid again :fuming: don't think I'll ever win :wink:

You are not trying hard enough, come on man up.:greengrin