PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Shop

JennaFletcher
21-04-2012, 03:41 PM
I was in earlier today and it was heaving with people getting new ST memberships for next season... had a look around the shop and I so disappointed! I know there's been a thread about this before... but seriously. We are near a cup final and all they have is small green strip tops :confused: I don't want the black one!

They're missing a seriously good marketing trick. I expected to see cup final merchandise (aside from the foam hands and silly hats). I would have bought loads of stuff if there were good things available. There was also not much evidence of Ladies Ts and jumpers anymore??? I really wanted to get some gear for the cup final :rolleyes: but left empty handed.

Gatecrasher
21-04-2012, 03:43 PM
I was in earlier today and it was heaving with people getting new ST memberships for next season... had a look around the shop and I so disappointed! I know there's been a thread about this before... but seriously. We are near a cup final and all they have is small green strip tops :confused: I don't want the black one!

They're missing a seriously good marketing trick. I expected to see cup final merchandise (aside from the foam hands and silly hats). I would have bought loads of stuff if there were good things available. There was also not much evidence of Ladies Ts and jumpers anymore??? I really wanted to get some gear for the cup final :rolleyes: but left empty handed.

its a bit early yet, we have only known we are there for a week, try again a bit nearer the time IMO

JennaFletcher
21-04-2012, 03:44 PM
its a bit early yet, we have only known we are there for a week, try again a bit nearer the time IMO

But they knew that they would have had an influx of supporters in there to renew given the SC ticket arrangements... it's certainly not too early.

whereswallace?
21-04-2012, 03:45 PM

My stepdad was in last week aswell before the semi final to get my 11 year old brother something and also left empty handed, not like Petrie to miss a trick here.

JennaFletcher
21-04-2012, 03:47 PM
My stepdad was in last week aswell before the semi final to get my 11 year old brother something and also left empty handed, not like Petrie to miss a trick here.

I went in before the semi too... same stuff that they have today (it's obviously not shifting!)

I can't see it changing too much between now and the cup final... they might have a few overpriced men's t shirts in, but can't see them having an attractive range for kids and women too.

Lucius Apuleius
21-04-2012, 03:48 PM
I think it can take more than a week to get quantities of cup final special stuff designed and made and delivered.

JennaFletcher
21-04-2012, 03:51 PM
I think it can take more than a week to get quantities of cup final special stuff designed and made and delivered.

Even so, ignoring the cup final branded merch... what about the lack of choice available just now? Unless, of course, you're a small man or a baby :greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
21-04-2012, 03:51 PM

much talked about before, the shop could do FAR better and stock better stuff. Its as predictable as the 26 bus!

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2012, 04:20 PM
I couldn't even get a beanie hat before the Motherwell game. The only ones in stock were blue! WTF?

fat freddy
21-04-2012, 04:36 PM
i was in yesterday and i joked to one of the staff that should hibs get relegated i should recieve a full refund on the season tickets i was purchasing...she looked a bit confused and asked me what relegation was....i think the fact that the whole store is run by australians who are clueless about football has something to do with why the place is so poorly stocked....there was also one aussie who was behind the counter and it was possible to see his entire backside as his trousers were so badly fitted....i think that showing off all your underwear is called fashionable nowadays but it reflects standards if the staff are allowed to walk about as if they're on bondi beach....the guy should be forced to pull his trousers up as its not the hibs way to walk about like a sexual pervert...in my day you'd be arrested for dressing like that:grr:

Stantons Angel
21-04-2012, 05:01 PM
This thread has been done over and over! Yes we are in a cup final and anyone who has any knowledge of retail and mass production will realise that 1 week is hardly time enough for the club or its partners to produce merchandise for the final.
The official site has already shown the new "final" tee shirt range and advises that other merchandise is on its way.

Im sure all will become apparent prior to the final and your desire to be a green and white goblin will be met.

Lets stop all the negative vibes there are enough moans going around at the moment.
PATIENCE!

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2012, 05:15 PM
i was in yesterday and i joked to one of the staff that should hibs get relegated i should recieve a full refund on the season tickets i was purchasing...she looked a bit confused and asked me what relegation was....i think the fact that the whole store is run by australians who are clueless about football has something to do with why the place is so poorly stocked....there was also one aussie who was behind the counter and it was possible to see his entire backside as his trousers were so badly fitted....i think that showing off all your underwear is called fashionable nowadays but it reflects standards if the staff are allowed to walk about as if they're on bondi beach....the guy should be forced to pull his trousers up as its not the hibs way to walk about like a sexual pervert...in my day you'd be arrested for dressing like that:grr:

The most pathetic "fashionable" look ever! If you wear your trousers like this your are pathetic!

JennaFletcher
21-04-2012, 05:22 PM
This thread has been done over and over! Yes we are in a cup final and anyone who has any knowledge of retail and mass production will realise that 1 week is hardly time enough for the club or its partners to produce merchandise for the final.
The official site has already shown the new "final" tee shirt range and advises that other merchandise is on its way.

Im sure all will become apparent prior to the final and your desire to be a green and white goblin will be met.

Lets stop all the negative vibes there are enough moans going around at the moment.
PATIENCE!

1) Anyone who has any knowledge of retail and mass production should realise that they have to have enough SUPPLY to meet DEMAND and I currently cannot see any evidence of this (especially in the past 4 weeks).
2) Like your post? :wink:

Looking forward to being a green and white goblin, I just need the stuff to purchase first eh :greengrin

JennaFletcher
21-04-2012, 05:26 PM
The most pathetic "fashionable" look ever! If you wear your trousers like this your are a tosser!

Or... women who wear black leggings and nothing else on top. VPL :tsk tsk:

frazeHFC
21-04-2012, 05:27 PM
I was in too, mobbed!

Gettin' Auld
21-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Or... women who wear black leggings and nothing else on top. VPL :tsk tsk:
Mumbling pants. :wink:

Stantons Angel
21-04-2012, 05:35 PM
1) Anyone who has any knowledge of retail and mass production should realise that they have to have enough SUPPLY to meet DEMAND and I currently cannot see any evidence of this (especially in the past 4 weeks).
2) Like your post? :wink:

Looking forward to being a green and white goblin, I just need the stuff to purchase first eh :greengrin

Ha ha, i understand your frustrations but a week is still no time to have things in the shop. They will have something in the pipeline though as your correct in the fact that Petrie will not let a money raising opportunity pass by.

I will look forward to seeing you dressed in your wee "goblin" outfit at the final!

Hibernia Na Eir
21-04-2012, 05:40 PM

I've never understood why on earth guys would ever want to show off their friggin pants....
can any younger fan explain why (or how) this "trend" is fashionable?
you just want to go up and either wedgie them or bloody haul them doon and tell them tae get a life!
IIRC Limmy's Show highlighted this and took the piss out of these guys.
end of rant.

JennaFletcher
21-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Ha ha, i understand your frustrations but a week is still no time to have things in the shop. They will have something in the pipeline though as your correct in the fact that Petrie will not let a money raising opportunity pass by.

I will look forward to seeing you dressed in your wee "goblin" outfit at the final!

:scarf:If all else fails I'll always have my scarf :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
22-04-2012, 06:09 AM
Even so, ignoring the cup final branded merch... what about the lack of choice available just now? Unless, of course, you're a small man or a baby :greengrin

Nae need to get personal :boo hoo: