PDA

View Full Version : Mike Riley - time to go (moaning about the final tickets)

PaulSmith
21-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Anyone read his comments today in the een, is he for real?

I'll try to post a link.

Also someone claiming 'blackmail' as he can't take his grandson to the final, even though he has a ST.

The Green Goblin
21-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Anyone read his comments today in the een, is he for real?

I know he made comments about the fact that Scottish football needed "New Rangers" etc etc last week, but can you copy/paste or link which comments you are talking about here? (They don't sell the Evening News in Brazil :greengrin)

Beefster
21-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Is he moaning about not being guaranteed a cup final ticket?

PaulSmith
21-04-2012, 12:29 PM
http://m.scotsman.com/news/unhappy-hibs-fans-hit-out-at-scottish-cup-final-ticket-blackmail-1-2248325?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

SRHibs
21-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Bit of an ironic quote coming from someone who seems to think he's a massively deserving fan - "I feel we are being blackmailed into buying season tickets when we don’t even know if we will be playing in the SPL next season,”

Part/Time Supporter
21-04-2012, 12:35 PM
"I would like to have seen them doing something like the loyalty points scheme at Hearts"

That's just plain daft. How could you possibly do that retrospectively? Hibs will have a record of everyone who has bought tickets in advance, but someone could have paid on the day for most Hibs games this season and there would be no record of their attendance whatsoever (unless they kept the stubs!).

joe breezy
21-04-2012, 12:36 PM
he had his chance to learn to shut it and didn't take it

No sympathy for him now

I'm not a season ticket holder but I want Hibs to get good crowds and do well. At other clubs there are so many ST holders there are ballots - so even the ST isn't a guarantee - the club aren't blackmailing anyone

Don't go if you can't - that's life - nobody is entitled to a ticket - even season ticket holders at more successful clubs

givescotlandfreedom
It's a bit embarrassing. If you want priority tickets either get a season ticket or you should have paid £20 (including a free home ticket for the guy who goes to every game) and other benefits. I'm stunned that these folk who apparently go to games all the time and have been fans for so many years don't know that. Or is it just sour grapes?

blackpoolhibs
How many times has Mike Reilly been to see hibs this season, or last? In fact does he ever go to watch Hibs?:confused:

Beefster
21-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Whine, whine, bitch, bitch, it's not fair, boo-****ing-hoo is a fair summary of that article.

I wish folk would stop blaming the club for their decision to not buy an ST or £20 membership. It's infantile.

marinello59
21-04-2012, 12:39 PM

No sympathy for him now

I'm not a season ticket holder but I want Hibs to get good crowds and do well. At other clubs there are so many ST holders there are ballots - so even the ST isn't a guarantee - the club aren't blackmailing anyone

Don't go if you can't - that's life - nobody is entitled to a ticket - even season ticket holders at more successful clubs

He is perfectly entitled to air his views. I guess he is more than able to handle the flak that comes from putting yourself in the firing line like that as well.

Baldy Foghorn
21-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Hibs did the correct thing, and are trying to increase revenue for PF's budget......

For anyone to cite "blackmail" is well wide of the mark. Really think in the position Mike holds at Hibs Club, he should refrain from making such damaging statements

PaulSmith
21-04-2012, 12:40 PM

Bishop Hibee
21-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Our society raises up the cult of the individual so when that individuals 'rights', here the 'right' to a cup final ticket, are 'infringed' then they feel the right to moan and winge to anyone who will listen.

Hibs got the cup final ticket distribution right, get over it.

SRHibs
21-04-2012, 12:44 PM
He is perfectly entitled to air his views. I guess he is more than able to handle the flak that comes from putting yourself in the firing line like that as well.

He's entitled to air his views, but if he's going to be referred to as "Chairman of the Hibs Supporters Club", it gives the impression that he's displaying an opinion that is widespread among fans. He should ask to drop that tag if he's airing a view that is solely his own.

Benny Brazil
21-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Whine, whine, bitch, bitch, it's not fair, boo-****ing-hoo is a fair summary of that article.

I wish folk would stop blaming the club for their decision to not buy an ST or £20 membership. It's infantile.

Agreed. The club did what they had to do. If they didn't they would have recieved as much if not more criticism.

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2012, 12:47 PM

He is perfectly entitled to have his say, but what he says can be looked at and criticised. We do not have any loyalty scheme, so how can we use one?

He also says Hibs are fleecing the fans AGAIN, fleecing them like giving away free tickets tomorrow, or green day last season, or numerous things that have made season tickets devalued over the last couple of seasons?

His opinion is not the opinion of the majority, he should be making that clear when speaking out. He will be ok though, he has a season ticket, he wont be missing out, will he?:wink:

The Green Goblin
21-04-2012, 12:48 PM

Not as an "official" representative of Hibs fans he isn't, if that is not what the vast majority of Hibs fans actually think.

And would you say that Hibs fans also think "Newco Rangers" should be allowed back into the SPL? (Because he said that recently as well to the media, as the "official" Hibs supporters representative, and he was the only SPL fans rep to say this)

Maybe he should make it clear whether he is speaking as a private individual or on behalf of the fans?

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Hibs did the correct thing, and are trying to increase revenue for PF's budget......

For anyone to cite "blackmail" is well wide of the mark. Really think in the position Mike holds at Hibs Club, he should refrain from making such damaging statements

:agree: He does not have Hibs at heart, he has his own interests and the club in sunnyside interests first.

Hibs Class
21-04-2012, 12:54 PM
In one of the James Bond books, Ian Fleming says “Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action”.

Given that MR has expressed views on the appointment of Fenlon, the future of Rangers and now the ticketing for the final, all of which are the opposite of what seems like the consensus, it makes you wonder exactly what MR's agenda is. He'll be telling us next that a Hearts win would be a good thing for Edinburgh.

marinello59
21-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Not as an "official" representative of Hibs fans he isn't, if that is not what the vast majority of Hibs fans actually think.

And would you say that Hibs fans also think "Newco Rangers" should be allowed back into the SPL? (Because he said that recently as well to the media, as the "official" Hibs supporters representative, and he was the only SPL fans rep to say this)

Maybe he should make it clear whether he is speaking as a private individual or on behalf of the fans?

I wouldn't say anything to the press, I ain't that dumb. :greengrin

I don't think an ''Official'' fans spokesperson could actually exist so the title doesn't bother me that much.

Westie1875
21-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Hibs are doing the right thing, as a ST holder I don't expect to be allocated anymore than 1 ticket for the final, however as someone who has kept supporting the club over the past few years (and next season) by continuing to buy a season ticket each year I am thankful that Hibs have chosen to reward me with an extra ticket which is going to someone deserving (not a hanger on).

At the end of the day Hibs are rewarding loyal fans, we don't have a points system in place so that was never going to be an option for people without STs or memberships.

Mike Riley does not speak for the majority of Hibs fans and needs to keep his opinions to himself.

col02
21-04-2012, 12:59 PM
No amount of moaning is going to change the fact they do not contribute enough financially to Hibernian fc in the present to be considered loyal fans worth rewarding. Moan all you want about ST holders getting treated well but we pay the teams wages this season and next assuming you have already renewed.

CentreLine
21-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Just what we need eh? Quite possibly the biggest game in living memory and the time for every fan to get behind the club and support the team. What does this self appointed poor excuse for a "fans representative” do but run down the good name of the club all over again. Exactly what is it with this guy and people around him?
No other club support would find an excuse to moan greet and complain for so many non reasons as this shower. Are they really Hibs fans at all? They most certainly are not Hibs supporters

Winston Ingram
21-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Bit of an ironic quote coming from someone who seems to think he's a massively deserving fan - "I feel we are being blackmailed into buying season tickets when we don’t even know if we will be playing in the SPL next season,”

You'd think having an ST would be a minimum requirement for his role. Secondly you think that the last think he should be doing is criticising the club for looking to increase ST sales.

Next thing this walloper will no doubt be doing is criticising our player investment in the summer:giruy:

Capt Mainwaring
21-04-2012, 01:30 PM
"I would like to have seen them doing something like the loyalty points scheme at Hearts"

That's just plain daft. How could you possibly do that retrospectively? Hibs will have a record of everyone who has bought tickets in advance, but someone could have paid on the day for most Hibs games this season and there would be no record of their attendance whatsoever (unless they kept the stubs!).

Totally agree. Sick and tired of that Halfwit getting the chance to have his ill thought out views given public airtime. Does he have a handy Time Machine to go back and establish the non existent Loyalty Points Scheme or to remember Hibs fans who have attended the Cup games to day to remember to keep their Ticket Stubs?

Riley - sit down shut up and stop making an @rse of yourself and the supporters you seem to think you represent!

You stupid boy!

The Green Goblin
21-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Totally agree. Sick and tired of that Halfwit getting the chance to have his ill thought out views given public airtime. Does he have a handy Time Machine to go back and establish the non existent Loyalty Points Scheme or to remember Hibs fans who have attended the Cup games to day to remember to keep their Ticket Stubs?

Riley - sit down shut up and stop making an @rse of yourself and the supporters you seem to think you represent!

You stupid boy!

:greengrin

glenn6270
21-04-2012, 01:50 PM

all he does is sell a football ticket on a sat/sun man is a joke

Jim44
21-04-2012, 01:55 PM
This guy Reilly was way out of order the other week with his 'comments' on what Hibs supporters wanted in relation to relegation and Cup Final victory. I don't particularly go along with what he says here as well but if he's going to be criticized for things said here, get the facts right. He is not the one using the 'blackmail' accusation. That was said by the other guy, William Greenfield.

Northernhibee
21-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Riley can GTF, not once has the fud said what I've felt about the club, and by the threads about him it's the same with a lot of others.

Was it him that criticised the appointment of PF and said something along the lines of how we could have gotten Gordon Strachan in?

The man disnae have a clue.

--------
21-04-2012, 01:58 PM

He's entitled to air his views, but if he's going to be referred to as "Chairman of the Hibs Supporters Club", it gives the impression that he's displaying an opinion that is widespread among fans. He should ask to drop that tag if he's airing a view that is solely his own.

:agree: He's actually described as "Chairman of the Hibs Supporters CLUBS" - which suggests he's some sort of Supporters' Supremo, the chairman of all the Hibs Supporters Clubs anywhere in the world.

Which he isn't, 'cos there isn't and never has been any such person.

I don't know how the club could have set up a system that everyone would have agreed was fair. Vouchers from the semi would have favoured guys who turned up for the semi, even if they hadn't been to any other games all season. 2 each to all ST holders would have used up nearly the whole allocation. handing them out in alphabetical order by name would have had most of us changing our names by deed poll to AAAAAAAAAAAAron A. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARONSON or something. A ballot? I can imagine the screaming right now.

Riley's view is his own - shared by those who agree with him, which seems to be by no means everyone in the support. So either he's speaking as Mike Riley, a private citizen who happens to be chairman of ONE Hibs Supporters Club (and I wonder how long he'll be in office, the way he's carrying on) or he's got a bad case of swollen heid and thinks he's The Man Who Spaks For Everybody.

Either way, I've been hearing too much from him recently.

And just so's you know - I have two tickets coming for myself and my son. They're not from the club's allocation - a friend who works for one of the match sponsors got them for us. Since I threw a wobbly some months back and refused to give the club any money till they showed signs of sorting themselves out, I'm not entitled to deprive someone else of a ticket he/she has suffered for while I've been at home on Saturday afternoons. But I was offered, and I accepted, on the basis that if I hadn't, it might have been a couple of Jambos that got them. So there.

Lofarl
21-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Away and throw ***** at yersel Mr Riley. You do nothing but criticise everything that Hibs do. Next time someone from the media asks for your opinon. Don't bloody well give them yours. Conduct a poll on this very website or the bounce to get a general consensus. I hope you don't get a ticket you moaning old countryfile presenter.

Beefster
21-04-2012, 02:10 PM
This guy Reilly was way out of order the other week with his 'comments' on what Hibs supporters wanted in relation to relegation and Cup Final victory. I don't particularly go along with what he says here as well but if he's going to be criticized for things said here, get the facts right. He is not the one using the 'blackmail' accusation. That was said by the other guy, William Greenfield.

He did imply that the club were blackmailing folk though. 'Fleecing' was the word used.

It's a bad job when a 'fans spokesman' is advocating folk going to one big game getting priority over folk who go to multiple run-of-the-mill games but don't have a ST. Nothing to do with the fact that Riley was at the semi but is reported to not be a ST holder, I suppose.

Jim44
21-04-2012, 02:15 PM

Maybe I should get my facts right. The topic he pontificated on a couple of weeks ago was to do with the Rangers/SPL situation. :hide::blushie:

lord bunberry
21-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Can I just start by saying I think riley is a joke but the majority of the people I've spoken to share his views there seems to be a lot of resentment towards the club over this that maybe shouldn't be dismissed out of hand. For me it makes no difference as I have got a season ticket and have renewed but the last thing we need is to be alienating supporters

Barney McGrew
21-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Whatever his own views are, he seems to be able to have an opinion that is the complete opposite of what the majority of Hibs fans appear to think every time he opens his mouth.

For someone who is in his position, that's not really a healthy place to be.

Sean1875
21-04-2012, 02:34 PM
"After the cup final I wont be back" What a ****ing ridiculous thing to say, i'd rather that knob stayed away from Hampden and gave the ticket to someone thats going to continually support the club than give up on the club after a wee hissy fit over something that doesnt suit him down to the ground. Arse.

hibsbollah
21-04-2012, 02:36 PM
What a plum.

Jack
21-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Everyone and their cat and dug ken that season ticket holders get and have always had priority for big match tickets. I can see how anyone is surprised by that.

Its also a bit difficult for me to understand these folk who go to loads of games, paying for single match tickets but can't afford a season ticket on the never never with no interest as it was this season.

But even if I could understand that the membership cards that covered their own cost with a match ticket as well as other tangible benefits that more than covered the cost also had the promise of priority big match tickets.

So there's been plenty opportunity for everyone to make sure they were a priority almost at no extra cost to their normal supporting activities this season. Which, of course, excludes anyone who hasn't been to Easter Road.

Iggy Pope
21-04-2012, 02:56 PM
No longer a member of the Association for reasons that were covered in the last thread about this cretin, but I am sure a lot of people on here are.
Why don't you get your Branch Committees together and call an EGM for a vote of no confidence in this 'Chairman'? He is an embarrassment.

Sioux
21-04-2012, 03:12 PM
No amount of moaning is going to change the fact they do not contribute enough financially to Hibernian fc in the present to be considered loyal fans worth rewarding. Moan all you want about ST holders getting treated well but we pay the teams wages this season and next assuming you have already renewed.

Get off your high horse ffs. Who do you think you are? The main reason folk get season tickets is because its cheaper, if you intend going to all or virtually all of the home games. So don't lets have all this nonsense that ST holders are the great philanthropists and any other fan is hardly worth their place at the table. All income is used to cover wages and any other liabililties of the club. It might be true to say that Hibs guarantee that season ticket money is spent on the sqaud, but that doesn't mean that you are more important than a walk up fan. In any event the season ticket income is not enough on its own to cover the team's wage bill. The last few days have been over the top with too many ST holders proclaimimg themselves as the ultimate uberfans. Its pathetic. ST holders are entitled, rightly so, to a cup final ticket. But where its wrong is that someone who might never have seen Hibs since the last cup final can get a ticket on the back of someone who paid for a season ticket.

One other thing, if you think that the only fans that are at Hampden should be ST holders then fine. We can have 7,000 fans at the game.

By the way I'll be there coz I've got a season ticket. But I won't be buying a second ticket, I dont need or deserve one. And I don't think I have the right to say my mate, wife, gf, brother etc etc should have priority over someone else.

--------
21-04-2012, 03:52 PM

No you don't - not on your own.

Even supposing Hibs had won the treble this season and played football as good as Barca, I wouldn't have bought an ST - so many games are played on Sundays I would have missed almost all the biggest games. And yes, the club would have had my money, but the point is to be there supporting the team as well as paying your way. Why should I corral a seat for every game and prevent someone else paying at the gtae to get in to sit in it and cheer on the team?

PATG fans pay more per game than ST holders, and not all don't buy STs out of a lack of commitment. "They do not contribue enough financially... to be considered loyal fans worth rewarding" must be in the running for the most arrogant uber-fan put down in the history of the net. I applaud your humility in condescending to share space in the stadium with the likes of myself and othe PATG's.

I am NOT WORTHY. :devil:

NAE NOOKIE
21-04-2012, 04:07 PM
The bottom line here is that the people running the club have two responsibilities. 1) to keep the supporters happy 2) to maximise the clubs income.

In this case the two aims are to an extent in conflict, but from the point of view of the board they would be insane to pass up the chance to turn round what might have been disasterous ST sales for next season.

You only have to read the various threads and polls on this board to see why Hibs would be getting jittery about the ST sales for next year, coz the "I wont renew to watch this p1sh" brigade have been sizable and vocal .... in print anyway.

I feel really sorry for the folk who genuinly cant afford a ST but would love to have one ..... That was me for many years.

As for the guy who "wont be back after the cup final" .......... GTF pal, the last thing Hibs need is supporters ( lol ) like you. What ? If it does go our way are you going to be standing on your seat belting out Sunshine on Leith with tears running down your face at the end along with everybody else and then turn your back on the club.

Good luck to all the decent Hibbies out there looking for tickets.

Penrith Hibee
21-04-2012, 04:30 PM
I don't trust the press as they can manipulate what you meant to say to something that is completely at odds. However, Mr Riley seems to be making himself an easy target and should have learned after the RFC comments to be quiet.

Now as for the club blackmailing fans, I tend to agree with this comment because no matter how you dress it up, I am being asked to pay over £450 to go to the final for a season ticket that I can't use on a Sunday and would/may struggle on a Saturday on occasions next year. I have supported hibs since the late 60's, been at all the other finals and various grounds in the first division etc.. before I am accused of being a glory hunting bassa. Yes, I could have got a membership thingy (which I used to have after giving up my ST under Blobby) but I don't so it is a ST or hope that I can blag one.

Andy74
21-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Everyone and their cat and dug ken that season ticket holders get and have always had priority for big match tickets. I can see how anyone is surprised by that.

Its also a bit difficult for me to understand these folk who go to loads of games, paying for single match tickets but can't afford a season ticket on the never never with no interest as it was this season.

But even if I could understand that the membership cards that covered their own cost with a match ticket as well as other tangible benefits that more than covered the cost also had the promise of priority big match tickets.

So there's been plenty opportunity for everyone to make sure they were a priority almost at no extra cost to their normal supporting activities this season. Which, of course, excludes anyone who hasn't been to Easter Road.
Correct. And no need for any loyalty points stuff. A membership at what was really no cost would have done the trick.

A fan's chief that hasn't decided if he is even renewing his season ticket? Strange.

jacomo
21-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Our society raises up the cult of the individual so when that individuals 'rights', here the 'right' to a cup final ticket, are 'infringed' then they feel the right to moan and winge to anyone who will listen.

Hibs got the cup final ticket distribution right, get over it.

And newspapers are keen to stir up controversy wherever they can. Personally I think those who attended the QF and SF games should have had some sort of priority but no one is being forced to do anything. Buy an ST for next season and guarantee yourself a ticket or take your chances on a public sale.

Bostonhibby
21-04-2012, 06:05 PM
I've read this intersting thread from the beginning and come to 2 conclusions. The club are doing this in the right way and with hte best intentions, only really goes wrong if we don't sell out because not enough people will buy a ST and we fail to get a public sale of the balance out there early enough. Secondly Riley is an %rse - I cannot think of an utterance that reflects this Hibby's view and I don't know many who feel he does - can't stop the man parading himself to the media who probably gobble his attitude up but wish they'd somehow recognise that his views are his, or at least a minorities.

Beefster
21-04-2012, 06:06 PM
I don't trust the press as they can manipulate what you meant to say to something that is completely at odds. However, Mr Riley seems to be making himself an easy target and should have learned after the RFC comments to be quiet.

Now as for the club blackmailing fans, I tend to agree with this comment because no matter how you dress it up, I am being asked to pay over £450 to go to the final for a season ticket that I can't use on a Sunday and would/may struggle on a Saturday on occasions next year. I have supported hibs since the late 60's, been at all the other finals and various grounds in the first division etc.. before I am accused of being a glory hunting bassa. Yes, I could have got a membership thingy (which I used to have after giving up my ST under Blobby) but I don't so it is a ST or hope that I can blag one.

You're blaming Hibs for your failure to have a ST or £20 membership. Season tickets have had priority as long as I can remember so I'm not sure how folk can moan about it tbh.

Do Man Utd/Arsenal/Liverpool blackmail fans into having a ST seeing as their semi and final tickets never ever go to a public sale? Did I get blackmailed because I'm only getting my final tickets because I've a ST this season and next?

PS I could be wrong but I don't think club memberships existed before December 2011.

Hibs Class
21-04-2012, 06:08 PM

Disagree - the club isn't blackmailing anyone, it's merely giving people an option. If anyone is able to and chooses to support the club by buying an ST for next season then it gives them priority for a final ticket and that seems reasonable. There will be people who for a range of reasons will be unable or unwilling to buy an ST, and who don't have a membership and regardless of their reasons for being in that position it's entirely reasonable to let them take their place in the public sale of tickets.

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2012, 06:11 PM

Wow when were you asked to do that?

frazeHFC
21-04-2012, 06:14 PM
I hate the guy. Never met him. But i hate him.

Danderhall Hibs
21-04-2012, 06:31 PM
You're blaming Hibs for your failure to have a ST or £20 membership. Season tickets have had priority as long as I can remember so I'm not sure how folk can moan about it tbh.

Do Man Utd/Arsenal/Liverpool blackmail fans into having a ST seeing as their semi and final tickets never ever go to a public sale? Did I get blackmailed because I'm only getting my final tickets because I've a ST this season and next?

PS I could be wrong but I don't think club memberships existed before December 2011.

Tickets - you only need one. Do Man U/Arsenal/Liverpool dish out 2 tickets to folk when they can only sit in one seat?

Heedersnvolleys
21-04-2012, 06:56 PM

I think you have hit the nail on the head, unfortunately i bet both Glasgow mobs don't have these issues either. It is our lack of success or even reaching these stages that is causing these issues. If we had reached more finals recently we would all know where we stand when the ticket are given out and more importantly we would know how our club was going to deal with it.

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Get off your high horse ffs. Who do you think you are? The main reason folk get season tickets is because its cheaper, if you intend going to all or virtually all of the home games. So don't lets have all this nonsense that ST holders are the great philanthropists and any other fan is hardly worth their place at the table. All income is used to cover wages and any other liabililties of the club. It might be true to say that Hibs guarantee that season ticket money is spent on the sqaud, but that doesn't mean that you are more important than a walk up fan. In any event the season ticket income is not enough on its own to cover the team's wage bill. The last few days have been over the top with too many ST holders proclaimimg themselves as the ultimate uberfans. Its pathetic. ST holders are entitled, rightly so, to a cup final ticket. But where its wrong is that someone who might never have seen Hibs since the last cup final can get a ticket on the back of someone who paid for a season ticket.

One other thing, if you think that the only fans that are at Hampden should be ST holders then fine. We can have 7,000 fans at the game.

By the way I'll be there coz I've got a season ticket. But I won't be buying a second ticket, I dont need or deserve one. And I don't think I have the right to say my mate, wife, gf, brother etc etc should have priority over someone else.

What a bizarre comment! If you are entitled to something then you have the right to decide what happens to it. if you don't want to use it then fair enough.

Beefster
21-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Tickets - you only need one. Do Man U/Arsenal/Liverpool dish out 2 tickets to folk when they can only sit in one seat?

You're right, I only really need one. I'm buying two though.

If we had more ST holders than available cup final tickets (like the mentioned clubs do when they reach cup finals), I doubt I'd be getting to buy two so I'm not really sure the point you're making.

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2012, 07:15 PM

What a bizarre comment! If you are entitled to something then you have the right to decide what happens to it. if you don't want to use it then fair enough.

Is it, not in my case. I bought a season ticket so the manager got money to spend, the reason i'm not getting one next season is far too many games are not on a saturday now.

Danderhall Hibs
21-04-2012, 07:17 PM
You're right, I only really need one. I'm buying two though.

If we had more ST holders than available cup final tickets (like the mentioned clubs do when they reach cup finals), I doubt I'd be getting to buy two so I'm not really sure the point you're making.

My point is the Club have made a bit of an arse off it. There will be a number of 2nd tickets going to guys that haven't been this season, just as some sort of reward for their mate spending £800 (if they are paying full price obviously).

They should've had to take their chances at the public sale like everyone else that isn't a ST holder.

Beefster
21-04-2012, 07:22 PM
My point is the Club have made a bit of an arse off it. There will be a number of 2nd tickets going to guys that haven't been this season, just as some sort of reward for their mate spending £800 (if they are paying full price obviously).

They should've had to take their chances at the public sale like everyone else that isn't a ST holder.

Or to twist that around, you could argue that a ST holder will be able to share the day with whoever they please as a reward for sticking by the club during a quite lean spell.

In some cases, the ST holder wil be making sure that a deserving supporter gets a guaranteed ticket (there's cases on here of a ST holder giving the ticket to an overseas supporter). It'll balance itself out.

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Or to twist that around, you could argue that a ST holder will be able to share the day with whoever they please as a reward for sticking by the club during a quite lean spell.

In some cases, the ST holder wil be making sure that a deserving supporter gets a guaranteed ticket (there's cases on here of a ST holder giving the ticket to an overseas supporter). It'll balance itself out.

:agree:
I agree, season ticket holders who renew wont suddenly say, i think i will give this ticket to someone who never goes to the games, they will give it to someone they feel deserves it.

To be fair, we have about 7-8k who go most weeks, they others who do manage to get tickets for the final, probably wont have been to many games this season, thats 15 thousand glory hunters no matter how they got their ticket.

Penrith Hibee
21-04-2012, 08:12 PM

I'm not blaming anybody Beefster and you are right about club memberships existing before Dec 2011, I used to have one before Calderwood etc...But the fact remains the club are using 'emotional' blackmail for those like myself who are dyed in the wool Hibees, who can't/wont buy a ST and don't have membership. Again, no blame just a fact and Rod the accountant is looking after the club the best way he knows how. If we sell out just on current/future ST sales and memberships, well and good, I'll watch on the tv but if we don't sell out then I would expect SF stubs/ticket database etc.. to be used and then I may have a chance. Along with mini me, my brother and nephew, all good hibees. Does my stub from Murderwell count? (the 1-0 freezing cold sh*te pitch game from a couple of seasons ago! and the 6-6, 4-3 games) Or Killie, Thistle, Arabs, Dundee, Morton, The old Clyde, Aberdeen, Queens Park, Pars, Methil, Airdrie etc....You get the point, not an Uber fan but I bleed green and white in my own way.

Jonnyboy
21-04-2012, 09:10 PM
I wish some enterprising reporter would ask Mr Riley just what financial contribution the Hibernian Supporters Club makes to Hibernian Football Club

God Petrie
21-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Who exactly is this clown?

The only time I've ever seen him was at the AGM where he was embarrassing to say the least and came across as having an axe to grind with the board. Does he attend any away matches?

I wasn't Frank Dougan's biggest fan but he was well known amongst the support and I trusted him in terms of knowing the general feeling amongst the supporters.

LancashireHibby
21-04-2012, 09:17 PM
I'm outraged at this blackmail of forcing to buy a season ticket for next season when those of us with a little faith and foresight forked out a whole 20 quid in December (and got it back with an Inverness freebie and £8 off a derby ticket) and can now get a ticket. Yes, I'm feeling rather smug about it if I may say so! :greengrin

Steve-O
21-04-2012, 11:34 PM
Although its a bit harsh on people who went to the semi final, surely people need to realise that if ticket stub holders from the semi got priority, then we'd have a scenario where quite a few people would end up with 3 tickets each - 1 from current season ticket, another from a new season ticket, and another from the semi ticket. Then there wouldn't be enough tickets and everyone would still be moaning!

cabbageandribs1875
22-04-2012, 12:11 AM

excellent post from start to finish :top marks

SouthamptonHibs
22-04-2012, 12:23 AM
This guy does not represent me and im a Hibs fan....Hibs done the right thing! Who is he and why does he speak for Hibs and why is he deemed to be a better fan than me? Wgat i mean is why EEN Sky or BBC not contact me for my views hail hail

Stonewall
22-04-2012, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by Siouxhttp://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?p=3191140#post3191140)This quote is hidden because you are ignoring (http://www.hibs.net/profile.php?do=ignorelist) this member. Show Quote (http://www.hibs.net/javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E://)

excellent post from start to finish http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/misc/progress.gifhttp://www.hibs.net/clear.gif Reply With Quote (http://www.hibs.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3191668) http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/multiquote_40b.png (http://www.hibs.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3191668)

If you seriously think that, you are almost unbeleivably stupid.

Hermit Crab
22-04-2012, 01:52 AM
How many times has Mike Reilly been to see hibs this season, or last? In fact does he ever go to watch Hibs?:confused:

He doesn't go to away games………

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2012, 06:45 AM
He doesn't go to away games………

Does he go to home games?

marinello59
22-04-2012, 07:38 AM
This guy does not represent me and im a Hibs fan....Hibs done the right thing! Who is he and why does he speak for Hibs and why is he deemed to be a better fan than me? Wgat i mean is why EEN Sky or BBC not contact me for my views hail hail

But they did, don't you remember? :confused:

From this morning's paper.
We finally managed to contact Hibs fans spokesperson Mr Southampton Hibs in the early hours of this morning. When asked about ticketing arrangements for the Cup final an emotional Mr Hibs replied ," Cup final tickets, aye , brilliant, I'll be there. **** the Hearts. What's that your making me talk in to? A dictaphone? I'll gie you a dictaphone, Allan Preston, lets phone the yam **** right now." Mr Hibs then insisted that everybody present join him in singing Sunshine on Leith from start to finish before asking directions to the nearest kebab shop and leaving.

NAE NOOKIE
22-04-2012, 08:15 AM

I dont think its so much the ST holders giving it the uberfan stuff as much as the club being honest enough to say that they will prioritise ST holders because the club needs ST holders more than walk up fans.

Any ST holder who says they are a better Hibby than one who can only afford walk up a few times a season really needs to get a grip though.

Having said that .... Me & my mates make an 80 mile round trip to see the Hibs every time they are at home. Does that make us better fans than those living in Edinburgh who cant be ersed to go and support the club ( even though they can afford it ) just because they have had a few bad seasons ............................ yes it does.

jonty
22-04-2012, 08:26 AM
I wish some enterprising reporter would ask Mr Riley just what financial contribution the Hibernian Supporters Club makes to Hibernian Football Club

:hmmm: is it more than a season ticket?
:hmmm: is it more than... hibs.net?

(i genuinely don't know, but given JBs post (and previous posters comments) i'm assuming it's not very much!)

Hermit Crab
22-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Does he go to home games?

Yes as far as I know.

Bristolhibby
22-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Hibs are doing the right thing, as a ST holder I don't expect to be allocated anymore than 1 ticket for the final, however as someone who has kept supporting the club over the past few years (and next season) by continuing to buy a season ticket each year I am thankful that Hibs have chosen to reward me with an extra ticket which is going to someone deserving (not a hanger on).

At the end of the day Hibs are rewarding loyal fans, we don't have a points system in place so that was never going to be an option for people without STs or memberships.

Mike Riley does not speak for the majority of Hibs fans and needs to keep his opinions to himself.

Even if you did give it to a hanger on its your ticket. Do as you please.

This hanger in nonsense is just that.

What happens if you have a son who lives in Australia but is coming back to witness our biggest game in living history?

Would he be a glory hunting hanger on? But as he is the son of a season ticket holder he will be coming across the world to be with his old man on a great day.

Nobody needs to justify their decision. If I had a season ticket I woul be giving my spare to my brother. He hasn't been to a game all season, but he I would want him next to me at the Cup Final.

J

Jack
22-04-2012, 08:45 AM

I'm not sure how much it is but the HSA do support the Football Club in many ways including making donations, buying tickets for events and helping organise things.

The member branches do a lot of the same, and I suppose you could count Hibs.net in that as they are also a branch.

In total a fair bit then :-)

NAE NOOKIE
22-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Even if you did give it to a hanger on its your ticket. Do as you please.

This hanger in nonsense is just that.

What happens if you have a son who lives in Australia but is coming back to witness our biggest game in living history?

Would he be a glory hunting hanger on? But as he is the son of a season ticket holder he will be coming across the world to be with his old man on a great day.

Nobody needs to justify their decision. If I had a season ticket I woul be giving my spare to my brother. He hasn't been to a game all season, but he I would want him next to me at the Cup Final.

J

This

lucky
22-04-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm giving my spare to my mate of 35 years. He no longer lives in Scotland but every time he's home he goes to the games and buys stuff in the shop. There is no doubt more deserving of a final ticket but I have earned the right to choose by spending my hard earned on a ST year in year out. I understand the frustration of walk ups but if you never bought a £20 membership you only have yourselves to blame.

SouthamptonHibs
22-04-2012, 09:29 AM
But they did, don't you remember? :confused:

From this morning's paper.
We finally managed to contact Hibs fans spokesperson Mr Southampton Hibs in the early hours of this morning. When asked about ticketing arrangements for the Cup final an emotional Mr Hibs replied ," Cup final tickets, aye , brilliant, I'll be there. **** the Hearts. What's that your making me talk in to? A dictaphone? I'll gie you a dictaphone, Allan Preston, lets phone the yam **** right now." Mr Hibs then insisted that everybody present join him in singing Sunshine on Leith from start to finish before asking directions to the nearest kebab shop and leaving.

Brilliant post...that does sound like the stuff i'd say given the chance hail hail

hibbymac
22-04-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm not sure how much it is but the HSA do support the Football Club in many ways including making donations, buying tickets for events and helping organise things.

The member branches do a lot of the same, and I suppose you could count Hibs.net in that as they are also a branch.

In total a fair bit then :-)

:agree: It's a pity that some people feel it necessary to have a go at HIBERNIAN supporters, because of the comments of one person, who, as far as I'm aware has never claimed to be talking on behalf of Hibernian supporters.

Yes he is the chairman of the Association of Hibernian Supporters and has talked some nonsense ( IMO ) in the papers, so by all means have a go at him, but during the build up to one of the biggest games in OUR history what good will it do by creating divisions in our own support?

GGTTH

Beefster
22-04-2012, 10:55 AM
:agree: It's a pity that some people feel it necessary to have a go at HIBERNIAN supporters, because of the comments of one person, who, as far as I'm aware has never claimed to be talking on behalf of Hibernian supporters.

Yes he is the chairman of the Association of Hibernian Supporters and has talked some nonsense ( IMO ) in the papers, so by all means have a go at him, but during the build up to one of the biggest games in OUR history what good will it do by creating divisions in our own support?

GGTTH

I'd argue that during the build up to one of the biggest games in OUR history, the chairman of the Association of Hibernian Supporters shouldn't be creating divisions in our support by continually criticising the club.

hibbymac
22-04-2012, 11:00 AM
I'd argue that during the build up to one of the biggest games in OUR history, the chairman of the Association of Hibernian Supporters shouldn't be creating divisions in our support by continually criticising the club.

I'd agree, but your happy with people on here having a go at Hibs supporters ?

Beefster
22-04-2012, 11:03 AM
I'd agree, but your happy with people on here having a go at Hibs supporters ?

When they deserve it. They're doing much less harm criticising Riley than he's doing having a go at Hibs in the press.

hibbymac
22-04-2012, 11:05 AM
When they deserve it. They're doing much less harm criticising Riley than he's doing having a go at Hibs in the press.

You'll need to read what I said again, I'm not talking about having a go at Riley.

Dinkydoo
22-04-2012, 11:39 AM
"Mr Hyland said “No-one is blackmailing anyone, we are rewarding loyal supporters."

Exactly, so get ****ing over yourself man.

Riley, what a fanny.

mim
22-04-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm outraged at this blackmail of forcing to buy a season ticket for next season when those of us with a little faith and foresight forked out a whole 20 quid in December (and got it back with an Inverness freebie and £8 off a derby ticket) and can now get a ticket. Yes, I'm feeling rather smug about it if I may say so! :greengrin

Nobody (as in NOBODY) can have any complaint if they have no priority for tickets.
All anyone had to do was what you did and spend £20 on a membership.

Hibercelona
22-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Several supporters criticised the system – which offered season ticket holders one ticket for the showdown against Hearts and a second if they renewed for next season – claiming it was “manipulative” and unfair to loyal fans.

Surely if they are "loyal fans", then they'd be renewing their ST's next season anyway? :confused:

I really don't get his point of view in this article either, total gobs***e.

Penrith Hibee
22-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Wow when were you asked to do that?

Emotional blackmail, see my previous post, not slagging the club as Rod the Accountant is doing what he does best financially for Hibs FC. Not wanting to create discord before our biggest game but slightly worried about the chances of a ticket after all I've been through following the Hibs.

Beefster
22-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Emotional blackmail, see my previous post, not slagging the club as Rod the Accountant is doing what he does best financially for Hibs FC. Not wanting to create discord before our biggest game but slightly worried about the chances of a ticket after all I've been through following the Hibs.

By doing what he does best, Rodders will probably allow Fenlon to afford a better standard of player. Yet folk are acting like that's a bad thing.

WindyMiller
22-04-2012, 05:33 PM
By doing what he does best, Rodders will probably allow Fenlon to afford a better standard of player. Yet folk are acting like that's a bad thing.

And it works!

I've never had a ST because of my shift patterns. I sometimes get to more away games than home, some seasons.

Yesterday I bought 2 ST's, to guarantee the Miller's Wife and I two tickets for the final, just in case demand meant that our 2 Club Memberships didn't get us tickets.

Jonnyboy
22-04-2012, 08:09 PM
:hmmm: is it more than a season ticket?
:hmmm: is it more than... hibs.net?

(i genuinely don't know, but given JBs post (and previous posters comments) i'm assuming it's not very much!)

No :greengrin

GORDONSMITH7
22-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Pat Fenlon came into the Hibs Club on his own after the game, had a jar and talked with fans. Sitting chatting in Mike Riley's company he clearly looked like a man not easily influenced by keek reported in the Hibs loving press or fans websites for that matter.

BIG G

givescotlandfreedom
23-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Pat Fenlon came into the Hibs Club on his own after the game, had a jar and talked with fans. Sitting chatting in Mike Riley's company he clearly looked like a man not easily influenced by keek reported in the Hibs loving press or fans websites for that matter.

BIG G

As opposed to the keek he and he alone spouts in the name of the rest of us? Interesting you call the press 'Hibs loving' like that's a bad thing!

Beefster
23-04-2012, 06:21 AM

BIG G

Did Riley tell Fenlon to his face that he was the cheap option?

Penrith Hibee
23-04-2012, 06:47 AM

Beefster, I never implied that it wasn't for a good cause, I know why the club are doing it and hopefully Pat will see some of the money next season, but dress it up as you may, it is emotional blackmail.

Unlike some, I wont take my bat and ball home, just wait patiently for the ticket fairy to come to the rescue and if not, then it is a big screen TV for me and a darkened room...

JimBHibees
23-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Beefster, I never implied that it wasn't for a good cause, I know why the club are doing it and hopefully Pat will see some of the money next season, but dress it up as you may, it is emotional blackmail.

Unlike some, I wont take my bat and ball home, just wait patiently for the ticket fairy to come to the rescue and if not, then it is a big screen TV for me and a darkened room...

The club from what I can see are running at a significant operating loss it would be complete nonsense not to take advantage of that in these circumstances. If this game means that Hibs can do better and improve over the next 3 or 4 years then it will be an inspired move. Personally think they wouldnt be doing their jobs properly if they didnt do what they have done. The article as a whole is a complete joke and written to have a pop at the club at this important time. The sad looking guy with the two tickets of the cup ties with a Hibs fan round his neck, dear oh dear what a joke that article is.

Winston Ingram
23-04-2012, 01:24 PM
The club from what I can see are running at a significant operating loss it would be complete nonsense not to take advantage of that in these circumstances. If this game means that Hibs can do better and improve over the next 3 or 4 years then it will be an inspired move. Personally think they wouldnt be doing their jobs properly if they didnt do what they have done. The article as a whole is a complete joke and written to have a pop at the club at this important time. The sad looking guy with the two tickets of the cup ties with a Hibs fan round his neck, dear oh dear what a joke that article is.

It completely baffles me why Hibs 'supporters' are complaining about this as all it is going to do is benefit the club.

Over the last 4 yrs our crowds and season tickets have dropped significantly (It was only a couple of seasons back we were embarrassed by a 10k crowd). On top of that we have over the last 2 January transfer windows had to practically revamp our squads by paying of the old managers duds and paying for replacements. We've also had to pay off about 3 Managers as well as taking in relating to outgoing transfer fees.

Now admittedly most of this is the boards own doing but the facts are where we are and the the quickest way of returning to our place in the top half of the table is get more fans in and bringing in more cash. If that offends the odd fan who doesn't attend any or attends the odd game then it's not exactly a great loss is it?:confused:

Baldy Foghorn
23-04-2012, 04:22 PM

Was he a big guy?:greengrin

PaulSmith
23-04-2012, 04:32 PM

Pendant alert but I'm sure that Rod has now been a 'Football' person for more years than he was an accountant

mikeyriley
23-04-2012, 09:41 PM

No sympathy for him now

I believe it is William greenfields comment about the blackmail

mikeyriley
23-04-2012, 09:42 PM
[QUOTE="blackpoolhibs"]How many times has Mike Reilly been to see hibs this season, or last? In fact does he ever go to

mikeyriley
23-04-2012, 09:43 PM

Brocky read it properly. It's not mike Riley's comment about the blackmail but Williams

mikeyriley
23-04-2012, 09:51 PM

Jealous?

Beefster
24-04-2012, 07:50 AM
I believe it is William greenfields comment about the blackmail

fleece (verb) ; fleecing (present participle) : Obtain a great deal of money from (someone), typically by overcharging or swindling them

Riley said that the club was 'fleecing' the fans. That's up there with blackmail IMHO.

JimBHibees
24-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Was he a big guy?:greengrin

Quite big :na na:

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2012, 09:17 AM
It completely baffles me why Hibs 'supporters' are complaining about this as all it is going to do is benefit the club.

Over the last 4 yrs our crowds and season tickets have dropped significantly (It was only a couple of seasons back we were embarrassed by a 10k crowd). On top of that we have over the last 2 January transfer windows had to practically revamp our squads by paying of the old managers duds and paying for replacements. We've also had to pay off about 3 Managers as well as taking in relating to outgoing transfer fees.

Now admittedly most of this is the boards own doing but the facts are where we are and the the quickest way of returning to our place in the top half of the table is get more fans in and bringing in more cash. If that offends the odd fan who doesn't attend any or attends the odd game then it's not exactly a great loss is it?:confused:

Exactly, 99% of those moaning have deserted the club, nowhere to be seen. Obviously those who live far away, ill or elderly will try and move heaven and earth to get to hampden, but if you have walked away, and cant even move yer erse to go the week after a semi final win, then in my opinion you can take your chances in the public sale if there is one.

Onion
24-04-2012, 09:35 AM

IMHO this just gives Petrie further opportunity to waste more money and/or pay off their past mistakes. When is it going to sink in with Hibs fans that this current batch of Hibs Directors know sweet FA about running a football club - that's not an opinion, their catalogue of disasterous business decisions during one of our most prosperous periods in years is all the proof you need.

Beefster
24-04-2012, 10:59 AM
IMHO this just gives Petrie further opportunity to waste more money and/or pay off their past mistakes. When is it going to sink in with Hibs fans that this current batch of Hibs Directors know sweet FA about running a football club - that's not an opinion, their catalogue of disasterous business decisions during one of our most prosperous periods in years is all the proof you need.

I'll criticise Rodders and co as readily as the next man when it's deserved (as most on here will agree with!).

The ticketing arrangements are a genuine attempt to reward those who stuck by the club this season (when thousands were deserting - the amount of times that "I had an ST until this season" has been written in here this week is unbelievable) and improve Hibs next season IMHO. Instead of acknowledging that the ticketing arrangements will ultimately benefit Hibs, we've had the biggest load of self-centred "It's not fair, what about me" bull**** going on.

Winston Ingram
24-04-2012, 11:41 AM

He and the board are only guilty of hiring a succession of idiots to run our club.

From a boards point of view their job is to support the Manager which they have done by giving the team the best set of conditions to prepare and then funding a number of complete squad transitions.

The board (unless you're Hearts of course) have to trust the Managers judgement and they have done that.

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2012, 12:06 PM
I'll criticise Rodders and co as readily as the next man when it's deserved (as most on here will agree with!).

The ticketing arrangements are a genuine attempt to reward those who stuck by the club this season (when thousands were deserting - the amount of times that "I had an ST until this season" has been written in here this week is unbelievable) and improve Hibs next season IMHO. Instead of acknowledging that the ticketing arrangements will ultimately benefit Hibs, we've had the biggest load of self-centred "It's not fair, what about me" bull**** going on.

:agree: Exactly, i was one of those who was not going to renew, but those who gave up on Hibs imo did exactly that.

So to whinge now after turning their back on the club, makes my skin crawl. Some folk need to man up and take it on the chin.

You deserted a sinking ship, at a time when they needed you more than ever, the club are rewarding those who stayed, live with it. :rolleyes:

Winston Ingram
24-04-2012, 12:22 PM
:agree: Exactly, i was one of those who was not going to renew, but those who gave up on Hibs imo did exactly that.

So to whinge now after turning their back on the club, makes my skin crawl. Some folk need to man up and take it on the chin.

You deserted a sinking ship, at a time when they needed you more than ever, the club are rewarding those who stayed, live with it. :rolleyes:

:agree:
:pfgwa:flag:

bawheid
24-04-2012, 12:39 PM

I haven't really commented on all of this cup final ticket hysteria but I will now. I agree with you both.

I don't have a season ticket, I used to go to maybe 12-15 games a season PATG. I never bought a season ticket because I always missed enough games (for whatever reason) not to make it worthwhile. This season however I've probably only been to about 5 home games.

I took a decision last year that it just wasn't worth it anymore - shelling out hundreds of pounds to watch rubbish. Instead I sat at home and watched the scores coming in. How some of you guys have stood and watched one home win all season I'll never know. Credit to you all though - you are the ones who deserve the cup final tickets. Hibs have got it bang on IMO.

I won't be buying a season ticket next year - again, it's just not worth it. I'll try and get along to more games than I did this season, but probably not if our home form continues.

I've been a Hibs fan for 25 years and backed the club right throughout that time, including going to Cappielow, Clydebank, Stranraer, etc. This year though, I didn't, other than the odd game.

I would still count myself in the top 22,000 Hibs fans on the planet though :wink:, and so would hope to get a final ticket. If I don't, well tough, I don't really deserve it.

Danderhall Hibs
24-04-2012, 01:16 PM

BH - has anyone said ST holders shouldn't get priority? The way post reads it seems a lot of folk have? I doubt anyone could argue that all ST holders should get 1st dibs.

BTW they're not rewarding loyalty in all cases - if you jump back on the ship you'll get priority as well. Or if you stay away but have a mate/mates who did stay loyal you can also be rewarded with a ticket.

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2012, 01:36 PM
BH - has anyone said ST holders shouldn't get priority? The way post reads it seems a lot of folk have? I doubt anyone could argue that all ST holders should get 1st dibs.

BTW they're not rewarding loyalty in all cases - if you jump back on the ship you'll get priority as well. Or if you stay away but have a mate/mates who did stay loyal you can also be rewarded with a ticket.

Those who are season ticket holders are rightly rewarded, and imo those who as you say jump back on the wagon also deserve their tickets for deciding to fund the club next season.

What have those who gave up done to deserve a cup final ticket this season, i mean there was not many of them breaking the doors down on sunday?

They gave up, and they are paying the price now. Its really just that simple imo, some folk will miss out who have put years of service in as a hibs fan, and i understand they will feel upset, and think they deserve one.

Yet we could probably sell this out twice/three times over, thats just the breaks imo.

Winston Ingram
24-04-2012, 01:46 PM

Is that not future loyalty?

Danderhall Hibs
24-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Is that not future loyalty?

In some cases. In others it's a means to an end.

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2012, 02:26 PM

For me it does not matter what reason anyone has bought a season ticket for next season. They are investing in the future, whatever their motives, and the result of them doing so, will hopefully bring in better players on the field, and those who have deserted, might come back?

Winston Ingram
24-04-2012, 02:59 PM

If the end is good for Hibs then it's ok with me:agree: