PDA

View Full Version : Club did the best they could

Captain Trips
20-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Now the dust has settled on the ticketing situation I really think the club have done the ticketing allocation as best they could. Absolutley no way you can satisfy everyone with 20k of tickets it just is not possible for such a match. Season tickets and members have rightly been looked after and although not ideal for me the option of a ticket on getting a new ST simply had to be done, even if 1000 people get a ST due to final that could be 400k alone, this could secure McPake or Griffiths maybe even Garry.

The bigger picture is the club have a real chance regardless of result chance to build, my POV though means great difficulty in getting to that final but not only me but I am sure a few thousand that unfortunatly there was no way the club could sort out, maybe we can take the membership scheme further and get a pts card for future. I will not deny I am dissapointed that the situation is as it is but no way club could have done much more. I will not be watching game on TV, I am going to Hampden and will get a ticket of that I am determined.

Eyrie
20-04-2012, 10:55 PM
As someone who has no chance of a ticket, I'd agree with how the club has handled a tricky situation.

Captain Trips
20-04-2012, 10:58 PM
As someone who has no chance of a ticket, I'd agree with how the club has handled a tricky situation.

Indeed you need to take a step back, I think it says more about our national stadium than ticket policy. I wonder if OF final I assume all tickets are for STs so never mind public sale they need ballot, so I suppose we do noy have that.

Dinkydoo
20-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Am i the only one who thinks that 20k each is a ****ing joke......

Captain Trips
20-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Am i the only one who thinks that 20k each is a ****ing joke......

52k capacity means 12k kicking about, I think some of them might become available, if Hampden was say as it should be 60k+ then we would have a decent public sale allocation, as I said both clubs are working with the size of Hampden and under circumstances they have it not bad.

Ozyhibby
20-04-2012, 11:06 PM
I did not buy a season ticket this year for me or my son as we have previosly done. I will get tickets for the final so I am not worried. I do think that season ticket holders should have got 2 tickets plus an extra one for a renewal.
My only problem with the whole thing is making sure we sell out.
2006 was embarrassing. Lets not repeat.

Gatecrasher
20-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Indeed you need to take a step back, I think it says more about our national stadium than ticket policy. I wonder if OF final I assume all tickets are for STs so never mind public sale they need ballot, so I suppose we do noy have that.

I was talking to a celtic STH earlier about this, what happens with them is their club take into account if they have been to previous rounds and attended away matches etc, which he claims can still be difficult to do despite his best efforts.

On the Hibs front i think they handled it spot on. Hibs have every right to get out of this what they can, they are basically saying dont back us for one game, get to ER and back us where we need it most. Talking to some PATG fans it seems this membership scheme is going to get a load of new members over the next year or so and while i am a bit gutted their chances are minimal for a ticket i can see where the club is coming from with the structure they have put in place. When the public sale comes its going to be brutal :agree:

Dinkydoo
20-04-2012, 11:13 PM
52k capacity means 12k kicking about, I think some of them might become available, if Hampden was say as it should be 60k+ then we would have a decent public sale allocation, as I said both clubs are working with the size of Hampden and under circumstances they have it not bad.

I agree that Hibernian are rewarding who they should be - coming from a 2 - 3 games a season guy - however, for a fixture which hasn't taken place in over 100 years I think the SFA (or whoever decides), should be allocating an extra couple of thousand to both clubs.

Plenty of guys have spent a lot of money supporting the club over the years and would be grateful for a shot at a couple of thousand, 'free for all' public sale tickets - I'm still hopeful of being there though, but my confidence of getting a ticket has been somewhat dented!

Captain Trips
20-04-2012, 11:14 PM
I was talking to a celtic STH earlier about this, what happens with them is their club take into account if they have been to previous rounds and attended away matches etc, which he claims can still be difficult to do despite his best efforts.

On the Hibs front i think they handled it spot on. Hibs have every right to get out of this what they can, they are basically saying dont back us for one game, get to ER and back us where we need it most. Talking to some PATG fans it seems this membership scheme is going to get a load of new members over the next year or so and while i am a bit gutted their chances are minimal for a ticket i can see where the club is coming from with the structure they have put in place. When the public sale comes its going to be brutal :agree:

The problem being a lot of folk back club but do not have a ST for various reasons and unfortunatly the club with things as they are can do little to help regarding tickets, that though is way it is. Membership scheme is right for future although I was in strop when announced so missed it :greengrin.

hibee62
20-04-2012, 11:20 PM
I can see a huge number of student season tickets being purchased. It states on Hibs website that you need to provide your matriculation card by OCTOBER 1st. Based on this, I would assume your new season ticket membership number would be enough for Anyone to guarantee a ticket. And the proof of being a student would not be required until you pick your season ticket up / until october 1st as stated on site.

As £95 for a season ticket, even if you end up not using it or giving it away to a student stil equates to cheaper than hospitality and online prices.

I think by buying the student ticket, you agree to buy the equivalent adult price if you can't produce the relevant ID by the deadline.

Saorsa
20-04-2012, 11:28 PM
How about just paying the right price and not thinking of ways tae con the club? :dunno:

HibeeDaz6270
20-04-2012, 11:33 PM
How about just paying the right price and not thinking of ways tae con the club? :dunno: I have paid the correct amount, as im valid for a student season ticket. However i know of alot of people who are planning on doing this. Not everyone has a spare £400. And its better the £95 going to Hibs than going to some online website charging £200 a ticket.

BS44
20-04-2012, 11:34 PM
Now the dust has settled on the ticketing situation I really think the club have done the ticketing allocation as best they could. Absolutley no way you can satisfy everyone with 20k of tickets it just is not possible for such a match. Season tickets and members have rightly been looked after and although not ideal for me the option of a ticket on getting a new ST simply had to be done, even if 1000 people get a ST due to final that could be 400k alone, this could secure McPake or Griffiths maybe even Garry.

The bigger picture is the club have a real chance regardless of result chance to build, my POV though means great difficulty in getting to that final but not only me but I am sure a few thousand that unfortunatly there was no way the club could sort out, maybe we can take the membership scheme further and get a pts card for future. I will not deny I am dissapointed that the situation is as it is but no way club could have done much more. I will not be watching game on TV, I am going to Hampden and will get a ticket of that I am determined.

It is the allocation of tickets Hibs have been given rather than the way Hibs are allocating the tickets that is the problem. 20000 tickets
for both Hibs and Hearts is a disgrace for the cup final.

MrSmith
20-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Absolutely agree! Hibs must look after the season ticket holders first and foremost! However, I still believe this game should have gone ahead at Murrayfield!

edinburghhibee
20-04-2012, 11:43 PM
Just managed to get my two mates to buy season tickets for their first time next to me and my cousin, about 4 weeks ago, both are students one of the boys student card runs out at the end of August, I think it was. So he is to go back in with his updated student card when he receives it. Sounds fair enough to me... lucky pr!cks £170 for their ST while mine is £405 and now they get two final tickets!

Can't say Hibs aren't looking after them.

silverhibee
20-04-2012, 11:58 PM
How about just paying the right price and not thinking of ways tae con the club? :dunno:

:agree::hnet:

Purple & Green
20-04-2012, 11:59 PM
Absolutely agree! Hibs must look after the season ticket holders first and foremost! However, I still believe this game should have gone ahead at Murrayfield!

Once we've won the Scottish at Hampden, they can play semis and finals on the moon in future.

down-the-slope
21-04-2012, 05:48 AM
There is - as predicted - a fair bit of grumbling about ticketing. However I maintain that those most deserving will mainly be fine and get tickets.

But there would have been a considerable amount more anger among those of us who have shelled out to finance OUR club over the years if the current board had not maximised the great situation we find ourselves in.

Well done to the players & management - amazing how all those loan players that many were so against have dragged around what was a shambles of a team.

Well done the board for levering in more cash for PF so that the turaround can continue.

U16's free with an adult for Sunday and Dunfermline games...lets see how many are there to support the real business of keeping us in the SPL

:not worth:not worth

:flag::pfgwa

TornadoHibby
21-04-2012, 06:32 AM
I would assume the season card would become invalid unless you prove details by the deadline of october 1st or unless you pay the remainder for an Adult season ticket, however this would be long after the cup final. So based on this, I would be right in thinking it would secure someone a cup final ticket for approx £130.

Really find it difficult to believe that any true Hibs fan, with the interests of the Club at heart, would even think about doing such a thing let alone go ahead and do it! :confused:

I would hope that everyone who does such a thing would be discovered by the Club at the first opportunity to do so! :agree:

The guys at the turnstiles also have a huge responsibility to match the age/status of users of ST cards with the type of card being used to access the stadium! This could amount to a hige loss of income to the club each season resulting in less cash being available to improve the playing squad! :agree:

WindyMiller
21-04-2012, 06:44 AM
I have paid the correct amount, as im valid for a student season ticket. However i know of alot of people who are planning on doing this. Not everyone has a spare £400. And its better the £95 going to Hibs than going to some online website charging £200 a ticket.

Not better than the full adult price though.

Ringothedog
21-04-2012, 07:01 AM
I did not buy a season ticket this year for me or my son as we have previosly done. I will get tickets for the final so I am not worried. I do think that season ticket holders should have got 2 tickets plus an extra one for a renewal.
My only problem with the whole thing is making sure we sell out.
2006 was embarrassing. Lets not repeat.

At that game we only sold 500 less than them, hardly embarassing. The problem was not sales of tickets but the way we sold them. There will be a lot more than 20k hibs fans at this final. If anybody is struggling for a ticket they should contact other clubs as every club in Scotland is entitled to an allocation

hibsbollah
21-04-2012, 07:01 AM
Really find it difficult to believe that any true Hibs fan, with the interests of the Club at heart, would even think about doing such a thing let alone go ahead and do it! :confused:

I would hope that everyone who does such a thing would be discovered by the Club at the first opportunity to do so! :agree:
The guys at the turnstiles also have a huge responsibility to match the age/status of users of ST cards with the type of card being used to access the stadium! This could amount to a hige loss of income to the club each season resulting in less cash being available to improve the playing squad! :agree:

The turnstyle operators dont give a monkeys. I know two fans in their twenties who regularly go in with a kids ticket and nothing is ever said. The fact they are effectively cheating their club out of £100+ a season doesnt seem to bother them :confused:

Bristolhibby
21-04-2012, 07:58 AM
I have said a thousand times. Hampdump is the problem.

When you look at the Millenium stadium in Cardiff (built not long after Hampden was redeveloped) you see what we could have had.

IMO it is the best stadium in the UK. The only way that it could have been improved would have been nocking down the old North stand.

80,000 people with great facilities.

J

mickki40
21-04-2012, 08:08 AM
I am sure Hibs had headaches regarding allocating the tickets, I am sure they did their best. What p****s me off is I can now buy online a £35. ticket for £171.00

http://www.livefootballtickets.com/scottish-cup-final-hearts-v-hibernian-tickets/glasgow-10989.html?gclid=CN_lr8y8xa8C***MtAodSysVZQ

This is where the game has gone wrong.
Younger fans who P.A.T.G. and can't do every game are priced out of the market. The cost of that 1 ticket is more than a junior season ticket. I am guaranteed a ticket anyway, but you have to feel for those who due to work comittments etc attend every game they can but get no recognition when ticketing comes around.

HH81
21-04-2012, 08:08 AM

When you look at the Millenium stadium in Cardiff (built not long after Hampden was redeveloped) you see what we could have had.

IMO it is the best stadium in the UK. The only way that it could have been improved would have been nocking down the old North stand.

J

Think I would go with Arsenal's ground but this is a close 2nd. Very good been a couple of times.

jst1875
21-04-2012, 08:26 AM

reading this thread has given me hope for a ticket, as someone who works most weekends and attends matches whenever possible - i cant afford to pay £355 (cheapest) for ST that i will only get to use occasionally, but on the other hand £95 will allow me to buy a final ticket and my young nephew will receive a hibs future season ticket for his next birthday.

marinello59
21-04-2012, 08:29 AM
I have paid the correct amount, as im valid for a student season ticket. However i know of alot of people who are planning on doing this. Not everyone has a spare £400. And its better the £95 going to Hibs than going to some online website charging £200 a ticket.

Since when did conning the club they claim to love out of a couple of hundred quid become acceptable? Sorry, it's theft pure and simple no matter how they try to justify it. No better than any other lowlifer who works the system at the expense of others.

down-the-slope
21-04-2012, 08:41 AM
I am sure Hibs had headaches regarding allocating the tickets, I am sure they did their best. What p****s me off is I can now buy online a £35. ticket for £171.00

http://www.livefootballtickets.com/scottish-cup-final-hearts-v-hibernian-tickets/glasgow-10989.html?gclid=CN_lr8y8xa8C***MtAodSysVZQ

This is where the game has gone wrong.
Younger fans who P.A.T.G. and can't do every game are priced out of the market. The cost of that 1 ticket is more than a junior season ticket. I am guaranteed a ticket anyway, but you have to feel for those who due to work comittments etc attend every game they can but get no recognition when ticketing comes around.

I think you have jumped the gun here - its obvious that these are Debentures being re-sold. These people spent thousands buying the right to purchase a seat for any Hampden event. (many being OF fans) it was the only way that SFA could pay for new South Stand. It might not be the best idea in hindsight, but they stood up and paid the cash to get that right. Its obviously morally dubious to sell at such prices...but its market forces / supply & demand. Whether its actually illegal or not is another matter that i'm not sure of.....

What I would be very upset about would be ST's selling their second tickets at inflated prices...should these appear for sale (north / East /south east lower & upper) I would be reporting to club....

Billy Whizz
21-04-2012, 08:42 AM
I think you have jumped the gun here - its obvious that these are Debentures being re-sold. These people spent thousands buying the right to purchase a seat for any Hampden event. (many being OF fans) it was the only way that SFA could pay for new South Stand. It might not be the best idea in hindsight, but they stood up and paid the cash to get that right. Its obviously morally dubious to sell at such prices...but its market forces / supply & demand. Whether its actually illegal or not is another matter that i'm not sure of.....

What I would be very upset about would be ST's selling their second tickets at inflated prices...should these appear for sale (north / East /south east lower & upper) I would be reporting to club....

Surely no proper Hibee would sell at more than face value

Danderhall Hibs
21-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Since when did conning the club they claim to love out of a couple of hundred quid become acceptable? Sorry, it's theft pure and simple no matter how they try to justify it. No better than any other lowlifer who works the system at the expense of others.

I don’t think it’s any different to those that are eligible for a ticket to the Final because they hold an OAP, Student or Kids season ticket at the moment. The only difference is they’ve done it in advance and have already ripped the Club off.

The average ticket price at the moment is something like £12-£14, that’s because not everyone’s paying full price.

down-the-slope
21-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Surely no proper Hibee would sell at more than face value

You would be surprised then.....:rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
21-04-2012, 09:17 AM

Same and same.

As a big critic of our Board, I think they have on this occasion done the right thing in prioiritising STs (as they must do) and also created a legacy post the final into next season with better attendances/income/budget for PF etc.

I'm afraid most of the moans have been selfish. The bigger picture here is the club have done best by STs and the club, and I struggle to see why folks can complain about that tbh.

WindyMiller
21-04-2012, 09:26 AM
I don’t think it’s any different to those that are eligible for a ticket to the Final because they hold an OAP, Student or Kids season ticket at the moment. The only difference is they’ve done it in advance and have already ripped the Club off.

The average ticket price at the moment is something like £12-£14, that’s because not everyone’s paying full price.

I don't think OAP's and kids are ripping the club off,but I don't get it with the Student deals.

Apprentices have never been given deals.

H18sry
21-04-2012, 09:32 AM

J

Hampden is fit for purpose when was the last time it was full to capacity? And the Emirates is head and shoulders above the Millenium :agree:

Beefster
21-04-2012, 09:33 AM

Celtic have way more ST holders than could ever be accommodated at a cup final so they need to come up with ways of differentiating them. The 'walk-up regular' (if such a thing exists at CP) probably doesn't even get a look-in for tickets for cup finals and the like so there's no need to track their 'loyalty'.

I can see a huge number of student season tickets being purchased. It states on Hibs website that you need to provide your matriculation card by OCTOBER 1st. Based on this, I would assume your new season ticket membership number would be enough for Anyone to guarantee a ticket. And the proof of being a student would not be required until you pick your season ticket up / until october 1st as stated on site.

As £95 for a season ticket, even if you end up not using it or giving it away to a student stil equates to cheaper than hospitality and online prices.

Good job pointing this out to the club so that they can stop people ripping them off. Hibs should give you a free membership next year as a reward.

jst1875
21-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Good job pointing this out to the club so that they can stop people ripping them off. Hibs should give you a free membership next year as a reward.

i think one or two posters should get down off their high horses, if someone cant afford , cant attend every week for whatever reason decide to pay £95 for a ST they cant use or are never going to use ,as long as the ST isnt used.. what is the problem ?
its extra cash to the club that they wouldn't normally get.

Gatecrasher
21-04-2012, 10:15 AM
i think one or two posters should get down off their high horses, if someone cant afford , cant attend every week for whatever reason decide to pay £95 for a ST they cant use or are never going to use ,as long as the ST isnt used.. what is the problem ?
What's the problem? Frauding the club you are supposed to support is the problem, no matter how you try to justify it, it's fraud

TornadoHibby
21-04-2012, 10:18 AM
The turnstyle operators dont give a monkeys. I know two fans in their twenties who regularly go in with a kids ticket and nothing is ever said. The fact they are effectively cheating their club out of £100+ a season doesnt seem to bother them :confused:

Think that the Club are about to do something about the bit in bold as they are aware of that too - it is "outsourced" I understand at present! :wink: :agree:

As for the rest of your post, every decent Hibs fan should dob these cheats into the Club by giving them a "heads up" so that they can carry out whatever "due diligence" incl cctv review of who is in the seats on match days and then take whatever action is necessary following that! :agree:

These guys are cheating everybody else who pays the proper price for admission relative to their personal "status" in that the cash for improving the player pool is diminished by their selfish actions! :confused: :rolleyes:

Beefster
21-04-2012, 10:20 AM

The OAPs, Kids, Students etc have a ticket because they're entitled to one. It's nothing like buying an ST that you're not entitled to.

They're not entitled to buy the ST and by doing so to get a cup final ticket, they're depriving someone else of a ticket. We've had massive moaning about how certain groups of supporters will struggle to get a ticket. This would make that worse. So not only would someone be doing over the club, they'd be ****ing over a fellow supporter.

Folk should man the **** up and, if they couldn't/wouldn't/can't/won't buy a ST or membership, take their chances with everyone else in the likely public sale.

TornadoHibby
21-04-2012, 10:21 AM

:top marks

100% agree! Each and every such person is an absolute disgrace to themselves and the rest of the Hibs support, particularly people who don't get a ticket in the ticket allocation process! :confused: :agree:

TornadoHibby
21-04-2012, 10:27 AM

But it may prevent the Club from selling that seat to a fan who will pay the proper price for it therefore the Club does lose out as a result! :confused:

The bottom line is that it's cheating in relation to themselves and the rest of the Hibs fans who don't get the quality of playing pool that such cash is designed to provide for! :confused:

Short term selfishness ultimately affects every other loyal Hibs supporter! :agree:

HibeeDaz6270
21-04-2012, 10:27 AM
What's the problem? Frauding the club you are supposed to support is the problem, no matter how you try to justify it, it's fraud
Would you rather there money went to an online company charging £200 a ticket or to Hibs? We are not going to sell out on season tickets. So surely the more revenue to Hibs the better. If valid id is not provided to the club by october 1st they have to pay full price. Anyone is entitled to opt for a student season ticket if they choose to. If they dont provide id by the deadline then they will be charged extra or there season ticket will be invalid.I can only imagine people with thoughts such as yours are people who are in a cushty position and already guaranteed a ticket.

HibeeDaz6270
21-04-2012, 10:31 AM
But it may prevent the Club from selling that seat to a fan who will pay the proper price for it therefore the Club does lose out as a result! :confused:

The bottom line is that it's cheating in relation to themselves and the rest of the Hibs fans who don't get the quality of playing pool that such cash is designed to provide for! :confused:

Short term selfishness ultimately affects every other loyal Hibs supporter! :agree: Hibs would not sell out on season tickets regardless. Very few people are fortunate enough to be able to afford £405 for a season ticket + £35 for cup final ticket. So i would see it more as Hibs recieving an extra £95 than recieving just £35 from a fan that waits for public sale. As lets be honest, there will be a public sale.

Danderhall Hibs
21-04-2012, 10:33 AM
The OAPs, Kids, Students etc have a ticket because they're entitled to one. It's nothing like buying an ST that you're not entitled to.

Sorry I wasn't clear - I'm talking about the folk that hold a concession ticket that they aren't entitled to. There are lodas of folk with these types of tickets that should be paying the full £400 but aren't. They'll be getting a Cup Final ticket (or 2 - even though they can only go the once!) but they're ripping the club off and have been all season.

TornadoHibby
21-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Hibs would not sell out on season tickets regardless. Very few people are fortunate enough to be able to afford £405 for a season ticket + £35 for cup final ticket. So i would see it more as Hibs recieving an extra £95 than recieving just £35 from a fan that waits for public sale. As lets be honest, there will be a public sale.

And (apparently) allows someone to abuse the system to acquire a Cup Final adult status ticket which will doubtless appear on eBay or equivalent at a ridiculously inflated price meaning that the only person who wins is the guy who cheated in the first place! :confused:

Why precisely would any reasonable Hibs supporter think that was a good idea for Hibs as a Club or for the genuine supporters who pay the proper prices to Hibs and support the Club through thick and thin!? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Gatecrasher
21-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Would you rather there money went to an online company charging £200 a ticket or to Hibs? We are not going to sell out on season tickets. So surely the more revenue to Hibs the better. If valid id is not provided to the club by october 1st they have to pay full price.
I would rather people were honest, if you are an adult, get an adult season ticket not a student one

IberianHibernian
21-04-2012, 10:44 AM
An adult using a concession ST to get into ER is clearly fraud ( unless adult is OAP or student obviously ) but are posters here not suggesting that people could buy a student ticket to get a final ticket and then either not use the ST ( money for nothing for Hibs and no fraudulent entry to matches ) or give it to a genuine student who might not otherwise buy a ST ? A loophole in the system maybe but not fraud . Maybe new concessions shouldn`t be elegible for final ticket or should be last in priority list though probably too late to announce now .

TornadoHibby
21-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Sorry I wasn't clear - I'm talking about the folk that hold a concession ticket that they aren't entitled to. There are lodas of folk with these types of tickets that should be paying the full £400 but aren't. They'll be getting a Cup Final ticket (or 2 - even though they can only go the once!) but they're ripping the club off and have been all season.

:top marks

As I said on an earlier post (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?234047-Club-did-the-best-they-could&p=3190643&viewfull=1#post3190643), I think the Club may have a plan almost ready to be implemented to try and stamp this out! :agree:

Beefster
21-04-2012, 10:45 AM

Really? I thought evidence had to be provided for all concessions or are you talking about someone using their kid's details or relative's DLA letter to get a ST for themselves? If so, that's ****ing scandalous and the lowest of the low.

Maybe I'm just a naive bugger....

HibeeDaz6270
21-04-2012, 10:49 AM
I would rather people were honest, if you are an adult, get an adult season ticket not a student one I can understand that. However it seems to me the reason why people are opting for this is because they either cannot afford the adult one. Or Because they are not in a position to actually attend all the games. If the latter was the case they could quite easily pay £200 online, with No money going to Hibs, or they could buy a season ticket with all money going to Hibs. Attend the final and pass there season card on to someone who can attend the games. £95 extra to Hibs, And increased attendances at easter road next season. We are not going to sell out regardless. The club will gain financially from it, as there is always going to be empty seats at easter road.

Gatecrasher
21-04-2012, 10:57 AM
I can understand that. However it seems to me the reason why people are opting for this is because they either cannot afford the adult one. Or Because they are not in a position to actually attend all the games. If the latter was the case they could quite easily pay £200 online, with No money going to Hibs, or they could buy a season ticket with all money going to Hibs. Attend the final and pass there season card on to someone who can attend the games. £95 extra to Hibs, And increased attendances at easter road next season. We are not going to sell out regardless. The club will gain financially from it, as there is always going to be empty seats at easter road.

The clubs have laid out a membership scheme for people who cant afford ST, they set up a payment plan for people who cant pay £400 in one go, they set up cheap ST for kids. the club have done everything they can in their power to entice people to ER and watch their team. Because of one game all the folk are coming out of the shadows who are all of a sudden big PATG fans who seem to go every other week despite our average attendance this season being under 10,000. So to be honest i couldnt give a ****. If you want a ticket for this game you should do it in an honest manner that way anyone who gets a ticket will deserve one, if you dont want to stump up the cash then thats your problem, But dont for one minute blame hibs and fraud them out of much needed money. For fans to fraud their own club for one game is something you should be ashamed of and dont try and dont try and justify it with all that pish.

Saorsa
21-04-2012, 11:00 AM
I can understand that. However it seems to me the reason why people are opting for this is because they either cannot afford the adult one. Or Because they are not in a position to actually attend all the games. If the latter was the case they could quite easily pay £200 online, with No money going to Hibs, or they could buy a season ticket with all money going to Hibs. Attend the final and pass there season card on to someone who can attend the games. £95 extra to Hibs, And increased attendances at easter road next season. We are not going to sell out regardless. The club will gain financially from it, as there is always going to be empty seats at easter road.They shouldn't be passing on concession tickets tae somebody who insae entitled tae one so why no stop trying tae justify cheating.

TornadoHibby
21-04-2012, 11:01 AM
An adult using a concession ST to get into ER is clearly fraud ( unless adult is OAP or student obviously ) but are posters here not suggesting that people could buy a student ticket to get a final ticket and then either not use the ST ( money for nothing for Hibs and no fraudulent entry to matches ) or give it to a genuine student who might not otherwise buy a ST ? A loophole in the system maybe but not fraud . Maybe new concessions shouldn`t be elegible for final ticket or should be last in priority list though probably too late to announce now .

Bit in bold is something you believe is likely to happen then? :rolleyes:

Bit in red is only of use if the seat is used by a genuine Student and is therefore entitled to a Cup Final ticket as a result as the seat could be sold to someone as an Adult ST or sold week by week as an adult PATG fan thereby giving the Club the prospects of more cash for it! :agree:

The Cup Final rules should require the "Student" to produce "money laundering regulation" quality ID (current passport/UK photo style driving licence and bank statement/HMRC letter/Uni or Exam Board Authority/School letter all dated within 3 months of date of check all addressed to the address on the ST application), current Matric card OR written proof of 2012/13 Uni place being secured (if still at school) at the time of the ST application just to stop this kind of "fraud" as it seems to be getting described as and probably is from happening! :confused: :agree:

Genuine fans would have nothing to fear by such procedures but the guys who just want a Cup Final ticket to sell on would! :agree:

HibeeDaz6270
21-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Yes correct. People are over reacting. Hibs are not going to sell out on season tickets regardless. So surely increased attendances and £130 or so recieved by the club is better than less attendances next year and all these fans paying inflated prices to either people selling on tickets or to online companies selling tickets. The money goes to Hibs . Its all being blown out of context now. I have only stated what i know will happen. I am not and havent done this personally, as i am a student and entitled to a student season ticket.

HibeeDaz6270
21-04-2012, 11:11 AM
They shouldn't be passing on concession tickets tae somebody who insae entitled tae one so why no stop trying tae justify cheating. Pass it on to a concession? I am only stating what will happen. I am a student, with student id , who is entitled to a student season ticket. Personally i just think , at least the money is going to Hibs rather than somewhere else. As we are not going to sell out season tickets regardless. All that would happen, is more tickets available for public sale, where hibs will recieve £35 rather than £130.

Scouse Hibee
21-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Bit in bold is something you believe is likely to happen then? :rolleyes:

Bit in red is only of use if the seat is used by a genuine Student and is therefore entitled to a Cup Final ticket as a result as the seat could be sold to someone as an Adult ST or sold week by week as an adult PATG fan thereby giving the Club the prospects of more cash for it! :agree:

The Cup Final rules should require the "Student" to produce "money laundering regulation" quality ID (current passport/UK photo style driving licence and bank statement/HMRC letter/Uni or Exam Board Authority/School letter all dated within 3 months of date of check all addressed to the address on the ST application), current Matric card OR written proof of 2012/13 Uni place being secured (if still at school) at the time of the ST application just to stop this kind of "fraud" as it seems to be getting described as and probably is from happening! :confused: :agree:

Genuine fans would have nothing to fear by such procedures but the guys who just want a Cup Final ticket to sell on would! :agree:

This fraudulent deception of buying a student ticket sounds a great idea and I applaud you for your ingenuity. Could all people who plan to obtain a ticket this way or have already done so please PM me your name and address as I would like to further reward your ingenuity with a small token of my appreciation.

TornadoHibby
21-04-2012, 11:25 AM
This fraudulent deception of buying a student ticket sounds a great idea and I applaud you for you ingenuity. Could all people who plan to obtain a ticket this way or have already done so please PM me your name and address as I would like to further reward your ingenuity with a small token of my appreciation.

An interview with Rodders so they can explain fully why they felt that it was right to cheat the Club out of the "correct" price for the ticket in relation to the users ACTUAL personal circmstances in respect of adult/concession/student ticket classifications perhaps! :wink::greengrin:

marinello59
21-04-2012, 11:39 AM

Try that argument in tescos then when you bung them a fiver for a hundred quids worth of shopping. '' It's OK, it's money you wouldn't have got anyway.'' It's theft.

marinello59
21-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Would you rather there money went to an online company charging £200 a ticket or to Hibs? We are not going to sell out on season tickets. So surely the more revenue to Hibs the better. If valid id is not provided to the club by october 1st they have to pay full price. Anyone is entitled to opt for a student season ticket if they choose to. If they dont provide id by the deadline then they will be charged extra or there season ticket will be invalid.I can only imagine people with thoughts such as yours are people who are in a cushty position and already guaranteed a ticket.

Or honest. Like the vast majority are.

HibeeDaz6270
21-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Or honest. Like the vast majority are.
Including myself. I am a student. Only stated what will happen. Reaction from people is over the top. This was always going to happen. People will do anything to get a cup final ticket. I would rather see the money go to hibs than go to some website charging £200 a pop.

TornadoHibby
21-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Including myself. I am a student. Only stated what will happen. Reaction from people is over the top. This was always going to happen. People will do anything to get a cup final ticket. I would rather see the money go to hibs than go to some website charging £200 a pop.

I think that you should read the posts against this in their entirity rather than just what you want to see and you will perhaps appreciate why those of us against this being done have sound reasons for having those views which relate to the Club and the loyal full price (for their ACTUAL ticket qualification circumstances) paying Hibs fans getting full value and NOT CHEATED by people trying to abuse the system for their personal selfish reasons! :confused: :rolleyes:

TornadoHibby
21-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Try that argument in tescos then when you bung them a fiver for a hundred quids worth of shopping. '' It's OK, it's money you wouldn't have got anyway.'' It's theft.

:top marks:

Excellent example if I may say!? :agree:

HibeeDaz6270
21-04-2012, 12:09 PM
I think that you should read the posts against this in their entirity rather than just what you want to see and you will perhaps appreciate why those of us against this being done have sound reasons for having those views which relate to the Club and the loyal full price (for their ACTUAL ticket qualification circumstances) paying Hibs fans getting full value and NOT CHEATED by people trying to abuse the system for their personal selfish reasons! :confused: :rolleyes: I can see where you are coming from of course. But it is always going happen, and very difficult to stop. So based on that, At least the money is going to the club and not somewhere else.

CropleyWasGod
21-04-2012, 12:12 PM
I can see where you are coming from of course. But it is always going happen, and very difficult to stop. So based on that, At least the money is going to the club and not somewhere else.

..at the expense of more money going to the club. That's good?

The Tubs
21-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Students are jammy b*ggers these days. I mind when I was 17 schoolkid and had to pay for an adult season ticket; however, I drank and swore and smoked right enough.

Keith_M
21-04-2012, 12:15 PM
I agree and it's also true that, no matter how they did this, they can't possibly please everybody.

There are some people moaning because they're current ST holders and are guaranteed one ticket for the final, but they want more. With an attitude like that, how can the club possibly win.

I personally plan to buy someone else a ST (sorry, you can't all volunteer) so that I can get Cup Final ticket. This way, the club gets money to rebuild, I get to the Cup Final and my relative get's to see Hibs as often as they want next season.

HibeeDaz6270
21-04-2012, 12:15 PM
..at the expense of more money going to the club. That's good? I wouldnt see it like that. I reckon people opting for this would be people who could not afford a full adult season ticket. Therfor other than this they would either buy online or wait for public sale. So given that, it is extra money going to club that otherwise they would not recieve. Maybe 3000 or so going public sale at £35 a go. Rather than 4 or 5thousand maybe. It will most definately equal more revenue for Hibs.

HibeeDaz6270
21-04-2012, 12:20 PM
I agree and it's also true that, no matter how they did this, they can't possibly please everybody.

There are some people moaning because they're current ST holders and are guaranteed one ticket for the final, but they want more. With an attitude like that, how can the club possibly win.

I personally plan to buy someone else a ST (sorry, you can't all volunteer) so that I can get Cup Final ticket. This way, the club gets money to rebuild, I get to the Cup Final and my relative get's to see Hibs as often as they want next season. This is what i have stated many people will do but been shot down in flames for robbing the club.

Your only robbing the club if you use a season card you are not valid for.

CropleyWasGod
21-04-2012, 12:20 PM
I wouldnt see it like that. I reckon people opting for this would be people who could not afford a full adult season ticket. Therfor other than this they would either buy online or wait for public sale. So given that, it is extra money going to club that otherwise they would not recieve. Maybe 3000 or so going public sale at £35 a go. Rather than 4 or 5thousand maybe. It will most definately equal more revenue for Hibs.

Opting? You say it like it's a legitimate choice.

So, take me for instance. I will be taking my chances in a public sale. I have no problem in doing that, as I am an irregular walk-up. However, I do have a problem with knowing that there are fraudsters who have taken what might be my ticket.

Taking that further, next season I will be again a walk-up. The amount of money I will spend on games will far exceed the cost of the Student ST that you are talking about.

It will definitely (sp.) not be additional revenue for Hibs.

marinello59
21-04-2012, 12:21 PM
I wouldnt see it like that. I reckon people opting for this would be people who could not afford a full adult season ticket. Therfor other than this they would either buy online or wait for public sale. So given that, it is extra money going to club that otherwise they would not recieve. Maybe 3000 or so going public sale at £35 a go. Rather than 4 or 5thousand maybe. It will most definately equal more revenue for Hibs.

Read the whole thread where that has been answered instead of ignoring it.

HibeeDaz6270
21-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Opting? You say it like it's a legitimate choice.

So, take me for instance. I will be taking my chances in a public sale. I have no problem in doing that, as I am an irregular walk-up. However, I do have a problem with knowing that there are fraudsters who have taken what might be my ticket.

Taking that further, next season I will be again a walk-up. The amount of money I will spend on games will far exceed the cost of the Student ST that you are talking about.

It will definitely (sp.) not be additional revenue for Hibs.

Hibs will never sell out on season tickets. So walk up will always be available regardless.

marinello59
This is what i have stated many people will do but been shot down in flames for robbing the club.

Your only robbing the club if you use a season card you are not valid for.

Exactly. You were trying to justify the actions those who would rob the club though. Were you not trying to suggest it wasn't actually theft, now you concede it is.

TornadoHibby
I can see where you are coming from of course. But it is always going happen, and very difficult to stop. So based on that, At least the money is going to the club and not somewhere else.

I've already made what I consider to be a practical and feasible suggestion as to how this can be stopped here (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?234047-Club-did-the-best-they-could&p=3190711&viewfull=1#post3190711) but maybe you didn't read that post? :rolleyes:

Posting the same irrelevenat and wrong stuff over and over again doesn't make this right or acceptable to fans who behave properly towards the Club, themselves and other loyal Hibs supporters! :wink: :confused:

It's quite simply wrong, may well amount to fraud and is the action of very selfish people who neither have the Club's interest or those of any other people possibly affected adversely by their selfish actions in mind when they do this kind of disgraceful thing! :confused:

CropleyWasGod
21-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Hibs will never sell out on season tickets. So walk up will always be available regardless.

You have ignored my points.

HibeeDaz6270
21-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Read the whole thread where that has been answered instead of ignoring it.
I have read the full thread. It would only equal more revenue for Hibs if everyone bought the adult season ticket. That wont happen. Instead people would either buy online or wait for public sale. Meaning more tickets go public sale and Hibs get £35 per ticket appose to people buying a £100 season ticket + £35 for cup final ticket.

jst1875
21-04-2012, 12:28 PM
How is it fraud if I buy a ST and don't use it.

BoltonHibee
I was hoping for a "lift over", but are those days gone now?

millarco

If that is definitely true then why would people do it in the first place?

TornadoHibby
21-04-2012, 12:29 PM
I have read the full thread. It would only equal more revenue for Hibs if everyone bought the adult season ticket. That wont happen. Instead people would either buy online or wait for public sale. Meaning more tickets go public sale and Hibs get £35 per ticket appose to people buying a £100 season ticket + £35 for cup final ticket.

You clearly haven't read the whole thread, only the stuff you want to see! :rolleyes:

Your financial "logic" is, I'm afraid, naive and flawed to say the least! :agree:

CropleyWasGod
21-04-2012, 12:29 PM

So.. you go to Tesco, as a 17 year old, and buy a bottle of vodka, but don't drink it.

:rolleyes:

HibeeDaz6270
21-04-2012, 12:30 PM
I've already made what I consider to be a practical and feasible suggestion as to how this can be stopped here (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?234047-Club-did-the-best-they-could&p=3190711&viewfull=1#post3190711) but maybe you didn't read that post? :rolleyes:

Posting the same irrelevenat and wrong stuff over and over again doesn't make this right or acceptable to fans who behave properly towards the Club, themselves and other loyal Hibs supporters! :wink: :confused:

It's quite simply wrong, may well amount to fraud and is the action of very selfish people who neither have the Club's interest or those of any other people possibly affected adversely by their selfish actions in mind when they do this kind of disgraceful thing! :confused: Yes i read it, My assumption would be that they would put the season ticket in a friends name who is a student, with student id.

marinello59
21-04-2012, 12:31 PM

If it's a season ticket you are not entitled to then it is. Unless you dont intend using it to gain priority for a cup final ticket.

My final word on this one I think, those who don't know the difference between right and wrong ain't gonna change because some boring old git like me tries to point it out on here.

marinello59
21-04-2012, 12:32 PM
I was hoping for a "lift over", but are those days gone now?

Several hundred fish suppers ago in my case.

Beefster
21-04-2012, 12:32 PM

Hibs can't resell that seat for the proper price so you've bought something at a quarter of the price that you should have.

TornadoHibby
21-04-2012, 12:33 PM

It is if you buy a student ST when your ACTUAL personal circumstances do not warrant that! :confused:

It really is that simple and to do this kind of thing to get a Cup Final ticket affects Hibs fans who are rightfully entitled to one (but might not get one as a result of this kind of selfish action) and affects the Club in respect of the income that seat could generate for the Club if not sold to someone not actually entitled to it and who has no intention of using it throughout the relevant season! :rolleyes:

HibeeDaz6270
21-04-2012, 12:34 PM
You clearly haven't read the whole thread, only the stuff you want to see! :rolleyes:

Your financial "logic" is, I'm afraid, naive and flawed to say the least! :agree: As is your suggestion to stop this from happening.

CropleyWasGod
21-04-2012, 12:34 PM
If it's a season ticket you are not entitled to then it is. Unless you dont intend using it to gain priority for a cup final ticket.

My final word on this one I think, those who don't know the difference between right and wrong ain't gonna change because some boring old git like me tries to point it out on here.

I never find your posts boring, M59. They are insightful, sensible and..... ah.... I just realised that makes me a boring old git too.

CropleyWasGod
21-04-2012, 12:35 PM
As is your suggestion to stop this from happening.

How would you stop it from happening?

HibeeDaz6270
21-04-2012, 12:38 PM
I will finish on this subject by stating I am a student, with student id and entitled to a student ticket. I have only stated what will undoubtedly happen. I dont see how it can be stopped personally. So to take a positive from it all, At least the money goes to Hibs rather than somewhere else. It would only affect hibs financially if we were able to sell out week after week, which we are not unfortunately. Dont shoot me down in flames. Only gave an opinion which i thought was valid. Maybe not.

TornadoHibby
21-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Yes i read it, My assumption would be that they would put the season ticket in a friends name who is a student, with student id.

And that is right and proper behaviour because.................? :confused:

You really just can't see what is so horribly wrong with this kind of attitude, behaviour and action can you? :rolleyes:

Buying the ST in the circumstances you have set out is an act of deception of the Club and every Hibs fan who abides by the rules and behaves properly towards the Club and his/her fellow supporters IMO! :confused:

jst1875
21-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Hibs can't resell that seat for the proper price so you've bought something at a quarter of the price that you should have.

Well if hibs sell out on ST for next season I will Gladly hand it back to be resold. I forgot I wasn't a real fan because I have to work every sat. Time for some to take a chill pill me thinks.

CropleyWasGod
21-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Well if hibs sell out on ST for next season I will Gladly hand it back to be resold. I forgot I wasn't a real fan because I have to work every sat. Time for some to take a chill pill me thinks.

Some would suggest that real fans don't cheat the club they profess to support.

HibeeDaz6270
21-04-2012, 12:42 PM
How would you stop it from happening? I dont believe you can stop it. Unless Student/concession tickets did not guarantee you a ticket. You can put all the id checks in place to make it as difficult as possible, but i would assume then what would happen is people would have a student or concession friend put it in there name and they pay. So they dont get a season ticket out of it, there friend does. But they still get a cup final ticket at a cost to them of £130. I see now way possible of stopping that other than making concession/student tickets not valid for a cup final ticket.

JohnStephens91
21-04-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm fortunate enough to see that the club I support offers students vastly reduced season ticket prices, £95 for every home game this season is an absolute bargain, even £170 (which I think is the most expensive) is a very good price. Being a student I obviously take advantage of the deals on offer by Hibs and in return I don't con the club out of money by being entitled to a seat worth £95 because it takes me about 3 months to be able to afford £405 (excluding money taken by my mum for rent money and travel to and from university and work).

To see people taking advantage of this is disgusting, never in a million years would I dream of conning the club out of money for my own personal gain. You are essentially robbing the club of a couple of hundred quid and also depriving someone of a seat in the process. 'Oh but I won't use it' is not a valid excuse because at the end of the day this seat will remain vacant for the entirety of the season and the club will not make any money from it either through being cheated out of cash in the first place or in the event of a sell-out crowd then the seat will be empty and worth a grand total of f*** all.

Congratulations to anyone doing this for being a criminal and robbing the club they are supposed to support.

Gatecrasher
21-04-2012, 12:44 PM

So have you just chosen to ignore the last couple of pages on this thread?

TornadoHibby
21-04-2012, 12:45 PM
As is your suggestion to stop this from happening.

I'd be interested to hear your full assessment as to why that is the case please. :wink: :agree:

On the other hand, and working on the basis that I will not her it, please remember that Confucious say "It's very easy to "find fault", that's why there are so many "critics" "!!:agree:

The bits in bold are said tongue in cheek because the "highly regarded" message is aimed at people who criticise without rational or logical reasoning and usually just because they don't like the points which they criticise! :wink:

Billy Whizz
21-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Maybe a student ticket should be limited to 21 and under?

HibeeDaz6270
21-04-2012, 12:46 PM
And that is right and proper behaviour because.................? :confused:

You really just can't see what is so horribly wrong with this kind of attitude, behaviour and action can you? :rolleyes:

Buying the ST in the circumstances you have set out is an act of deception of the Club and every Hibs fan who abides by the rules and behaves properly towards the Club and his/her fellow supporters IMO! :confused:
Of course i can see what is wrong with it, i just dont see a way of stopping it. As i have said, i have only stated what is going to happen. Its not by me personally.I am guaranteed my ticket already. I just personaly would rather see that happen than hibs fans pay £200 online. But maybe im wrong then.

Beefster
21-04-2012, 12:47 PM

They don't need to sell an ST for a seat to make more than £95 from it. You're stopping them selling it for individual games over the course of the season too.

Not being able to make every game doesn't give you a right to defraud the club (or **** over a fellow supporter for a cup final ticket). I'll be quite open about hoping that they catch you and take you for the full amount.

TornadoHibby
21-04-2012, 12:47 PM

Aye very good!! :rolleyes:

JohnStephens91
21-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Of course i can see what is wrong with it, i just dont see a way of stopping it. As i have said, i have only stated what is going to happen. Its not by me personally.I am guaranteed my ticket already. I just personaly would rather see that happen than hibs fans pay £200 online. But maybe im wrong then.

You can't be a fan of the club if you are trying to con them. I'd rather see those fans fork out £200 to a website instead of ripping off Hibs, and of course other season ticket holders that pay £400 odd a season are going to be livid if someone is knocking the c*** out of the club...

TornadoHibby

You are and horribly and emphatically so! :agree:

The sad thing for me is that, as a current student, presumably at a University, you should be able to spot this a mile off rather than ignore the important issues here and focus on the selfish ones that are so wrong by those that perpetrate them for their advantage and everyone esles's disadvantage as outlined on this thread by a number of different people now! :agree::agree:

As for stopping it, I outlined a method of stopping it which works in every other walk of life where a person's personal circumstanceds require to be independantly verified yet you choose to ignore that proven method! :rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
They don't need to sell an ST for a seat to make more than £95 from it. You're stopping them selling it for individual games over the course of the season too.

Not being able to make every game doesn't give you a right to defraud the club (or **** over a fellow supporter for a cup final ticket). I'll be quite open about hoping that they catch you and take you for the full amount.

It'll have been reported already, I'm sure of that. :agree:

jst1875
21-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Some would suggest that real fans don't cheat the club they profess to support.

The other option is to pay £180 to some online ticket tout. Would that satisfy all the uber fans on here

HibeeDaz6270
21-04-2012, 12:52 PM
You can't be a fan of the club if you are trying to con them. I'd rather see those fans fork out £200 to a website instead of ripping off Hibs, and of course other season ticket holders that pay £400 odd a season are going to be livid if someone is knocking the c*** out of the club... I am a student, and entitled to a student season ticket so im not conning anyone. All i have done is state what is undoubtedly going to happen. Why you would rather a online company benefit rather than Hibs is beyond me. It only affects Hibs if we sell out week after week. We will not. And aslong as the tickets dont go to waste then it will mean more bodies at easter road. Assuming someone wouldnt buy the ticket and let it rot unused, And would give it to someone in a position to use it.

TornadoHibby
21-04-2012, 12:53 PM
It'll have been reported already, I'm sure of that. :agree:

I heard it being discussed it with a senior Club employee a couple of weeks ago! :agree:

millarco
21-04-2012, 12:54 PM
The other option is to pay £180 to some online ticket tout. Would that satisfy all the uber fans on here

Or wait for the public sale?

CropleyWasGod
21-04-2012, 12:57 PM

What about taking your chances with all of the other non-ST holders?

TornadoHibby
21-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Maybe a student ticket should be limited to 21 and under?

Appropriate student ST qualification ID for the ticket and ticket user at the turnstil each time it is used would stop it stone dead but it does require resource and would add a few seconds for each such visit on match days. :agree:

No appropriate ST qualification ID on the day and no admission granted - simples! :agree:

Same goes for adults seeking to use concession tickets for turnstile entry on matchdays IMO! :wink: :agree:

TornadoHibby
21-04-2012, 12:58 PM
What about taking your chances with all of the other non-ST holders?

Too honest perhaps?! :dunno:

HibeeDaz6270
21-04-2012, 12:58 PM
You are and horribly and emphatically so! :agree:

The sad thing for me is that, as a current student, presumably at a University, you should be able to spot this a mile off rather than ignore the important issues here and focus on the selfish ones that are so wrong by those that perpetrate them for their advantage and everyone esles's disadvantage as outlined on this thread by a number of different people now! :agree::agree:

As for stopping it, I outlined a method of stopping it which works in every other walk of life where a person's personal circumstanceds require to be independantly verified yet you choose to ignore that proven method! :rolleyes: As i have already said, Your proven method would make it more difficult but i doubt would stop it.

Im out of this subject now. I have only stated what undoubtedly will happen. I got my ticket fair and square. What other people do is not my business. I can quite obviously see your points . However if i still think it benefits Hibs than the money being spent to a ticket tout. People can say the seat cannot be resold, that would only be valid point if we were selling out week after week. And if the ticket was left to rot, which i hope would not happen.

CropleyWasGod
21-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Appropriate student ST qualification ID for the ticket and ticket user at the turnstil each time it is used would stop it stone dead but it does require resource and would add a few seconds for each such visit on match days. :agree:

No appropriate ST qualification ID on the day and no admission granted - simples! :agree:

Same goes for adults seeking to use concession tickets for turnstile entry on matchdays IMO! :wink: :agree:

They're pretty hot on concession checking these days, although not 100% yet. My boy has to show his student card and my dad... well, they just look at him. :greengrin

TornadoHibby
21-04-2012, 01:00 PM
They're pretty hot on concession checking these days, although not 100% yet. My boy has to show his student card and my dad... well, they just look at him. :greengrin

Apparently not hot enough for Hibs though I heard!! :wink: :agree:

jst1875
21-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Or wait for the public sale?

That's exactly what I'm intending to do. I just don't
see any probs with anyone putting extra money in to get a ticket. I get p1ssed off with all the high and mighty posters on here YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

HibeeDaz6270
21-04-2012, 01:02 PM
see any probs with anyone putting extra money in to get a ticket. I get p1ssed off with all the high and mighty posters on here YOU KNOW WHO ARE
:agree:

hibee_nation
21-04-2012, 01:04 PM

You are a thief with a heart of gold. :loser:

marinello59
21-04-2012, 01:06 PM
see any probs with anyone putting extra money in to get a ticket. I get p1ssed off with all the high and mighty posters on here YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

:agree:

:faf:

CropleyWasGod
21-04-2012, 01:08 PM
:faf:

Oh stop being so boring.:rolleyes:

millarco
21-04-2012, 01:10 PM

And if you miss out on a final ticket because others have gone about it this way would you not be a bit annoyed?

marinello59
21-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Oh stop being so boring.:rolleyes:

:na na:

jst1875
21-04-2012, 01:49 PM
And if you miss out on a final ticket because others have gone about it this way would you not be a bit annoyed?

I'm bloody livid ...... Best mate has just told me he's collecting his 91yr old grandad from the old folks home and taking him down to get a ST. Whata fraudster

millarco
21-04-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm bloody livid ...... Best mate has just told me he's collecting his 91yr old grandad from the old folks home and taking him down to get a ST. Whata fraudster

Good for him, I'm sure his Grandad will enjoy the final.

jst1875
21-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Good for him, I'm sure his Grandad will enjoy the final.

I'm sure he will when his wheelchair is chained to a lampost in the car park and my mates sitting in the stadium !........

Banter
21-04-2012, 02:25 PM
It seams the club is dammed if they do and dammed if they dont.

It looks like the club moved to reward commited season ticket holders on the back of people voicing their concern that season ticket membership was becoming devalued. The argument still stands though that even the most uber of uber fans only need one seat to sit on- should their associates gain an advantage? Even the most loyal of loyal jambo bassas only get 1.(FWIW actually think the yam nectar points is a fairer and better system) Maybe a price reduction for ST holders may have been more well received by all.

As for all the nonsense about Club Membership's... As a former ST holder who could no longer commit to going every other weekend, I thought this was a good club iniative to all PATG folk like myself to still commit and contrabute to my club. Reading through other threads you would have thought the club hand picked applicants. As it payed for its self in terms of free and discounted match tickets and the bonus members dont pay booking fees. The question that needs to be asked is if you were a regular PATG why did'nt you get one?

Eric
21-04-2012, 03:20 PM
I wonder if those who are talking about buying an ST and passing it on have noticed the small print on the back of STs - "This card is not transferable and may only be used by the registered holder":agree:

Danderhall Hibs
21-04-2012, 03:23 PM
I wonder if those who are talking about buying an ST and passing it on have noticed the small print on the back of STs - "This card is not transferable and may only be used by the registered holder":agree:

:hilarious Like anyone pays any attention to that!

Captain Trips
21-04-2012, 03:53 PM
A slight pity the direction the thread has gone in from my own perspective as somebody whom has posted a lot on the boards failings I was praising them for once but I am sure I have took things away in threads myself, that is the nature of the MB.

I still stick by my OP 100%

Danderhall Hibs
21-04-2012, 06:14 PM
A slight pity the direction the thread has gone in from my own perspective as somebody whom has posted a lot on the boards failings I was praising them for once but I am sure I have took things away in threads myself, that is the nature of the MB.

I still stick by my OP 100%

I think they were trying to do the right thing by rewarding ST holders and encouraging folk to renew or buy one for next season but by giving them 2 seats at the Final they got it wrong. You only need one seat every week at ER so why do you need 2 at Hampden?

Bristolhibby
21-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Hampden is fit for purpose when was the last time it was full to capacity? And the Emirates is head and shoulders above the Millenium :agree:

Remember this is our showcase stadium.

Should have been a Millenium, Emirates or Amsterdam ArenA type rebuild, no done on the cheap.

So what if a some Scotland games don't sell out.

I would rather have the extra capacity for the Hibs v Hearts finals, games v Spain, Holland or Italy, old firm finals etc.

BTW Mellinium is better, I am factoring the location in as well, no comparison to the Emarites.

J

IberianHibernian
21-04-2012, 07:35 PM
I think they were trying to do the right thing by rewarding ST holders and encouraging folk to renew or buy one for next season but by giving them 2 seats at the Final they got it wrong. You only need one seat every week at ER so why do you need 2 at Hampden?I agree but suspect 2 per season ticket is more about cutting down on office work and queues at public sale ( police will be delighted too ) - not meant as a criticism - without a loyalty points system in place or proper membership scheme ( present scheme was introduced at a time when board were desperate to stop decline in crowds and supporter morale and was withdrawn soon after either because it was costing club even more money or because of worries about possible final ticket problems - I suspect the former ) which includes a separate section for overseas fans who buy full Hibs TV package ( if reintroduced ) and rewards regular PATG fans ( a lot of regular fans don`t want to sit in same seat or stand at every game for example or want to go with non STHs to some games ) ìt`ll be hard to keep fans happy .