PDA

View Full Version : Do I Deserve a Ticket

fatbloke
20-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Back in deep dark 1989 when HFC were in trouble i purchased 1000 shares which I still have today. Had to cease season ticket when I stopped working and have not applied for one next season. Have seen no mention of Shareholders getting a ticket. Does anyone know what stance is or has anyone an opinion on whether I and others who helped keep the club alive should get a ticket.

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Back in deep dark 1989 when HFC were in trouble i purchased 1000 shares which I still have today. Had to cease season ticket when I stopped working and have not applied for one next season. Have seen no mention of Shareholders getting a ticket. Does anyone know what stance is or has anyone an opinion on whether I and others who helped keep the club alive should get a ticket.

Opinions on here wont help you either way mate! I agree you have a valid point and am surprised there is no mention of shareholders.

NAE NOOKIE
20-04-2012, 06:38 PM

If you sell them you might get enough money to buy a scarf to wear on the day :offski:

Emerald
20-04-2012, 06:40 PM

I think shareholders should get a ticket, give the ticket office a call (if you can get through) or e-mail the board. :agree:

Good luck :aok:

Mikey
20-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Opinions on here wont help you either way mate! I agree you have a valid point and am surprised there is no mention of shareholders.

One problem with shareholders is that there are a lot of them with a very small holding. I bought 50 quids worth of shares about 5 years ago and I don't think that should entitle me to a ticket.

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2012, 06:44 PM
One problem with shareholders is that there are a lot of them with a very small holding. I bought 50 quids worth of shares about 5 years ago and I don't think that should entitle me to a ticket.

You opinion might be slightly swayed if you had no access to a ticket through other channels though :wink:

down-the-slope
20-04-2012, 06:53 PM

would you swap your shares for as ticket :confused:

ALF TUPPER
20-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Shareholders ?? Yeah ! IMO thats a good shout. Worth contacting the board for sure.

Good Luck

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2012, 07:08 PM
My wife put some money into Hibs and got a brick in the F5 - how many tickets is that worth?

Emerald
20-04-2012, 07:15 PM
My wife put some money into Hibs and got a brick in the F5 - how many tickets is that worth?

None, and if she's no happy she can get her brick back. :greengrin

Anyway everyone of us will be laying plenty bricks come the day.

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2012, 07:20 PM
None, and if she's no happy she can get her brick back. :greengrin

Anyway everyone of us will be laying plenty bricks come the day.

Mortar the point can she not hod on until the general sale as I'm sure there will be one.

fatbloke
20-04-2012, 07:26 PM
would you swap your shares for as ticket :confused:

For 3 definitely:greengrin

Bostonhibby
20-04-2012, 08:48 PM

You have my sympathy, I was a shareholder then - I donated them to the trust at the time, am a shareholder now and asked if being one of the actual owners (however small) who actually put some capital up for no return, and none expected might give you some standing when it came to tickets, sadly the reply from the club yesterday was that only season ticket holders were guaranteed a ticket. I agree with this but there's not many enterprises where the shareholders truly have no standing - not if you are not on the board anyway! You have been warned:wink:

Bostonhibby
20-04-2012, 08:51 PM
If you sell them you might get enough money to buy a scarf to wear on the day :offski:

:greengrin not my 1972 cup final scarf it wouldn't!

surreyhibbie
20-04-2012, 08:57 PM
For 3 definitely:greengrin

Me too, Chas, and I am also a shareholder. Unless eddie pulls off a miracle I may be having a quiet pint or three in a pub with you. Coming up come what may.

Good luck mate. Let me know if you get fixed up.:flag:

The Beastie Bus
20-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Hibs 100 member, name on the wall in th FF, do I deserve a ticket?

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2012, 09:15 PM

No..........grafitti artists not welcome :greengrin

The Beastie Bus
20-04-2012, 09:20 PM
No..........grafitti artists not welcome :greengrin

It's ok SH, I'll get tix due to ST's, however those who contributed to Hibs 100 should also be considered as priority IMO!

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2012, 09:26 PM
It's ok SH, I'll get tix due to ST's, however those who contributed to Hibs 100 should also be considered as priority IMO!

My late father in law also has his name on the wall, welcomed contributions at the time but I guess they can't recognise everyone that has contributed to the club in some way.

The Beastie Bus
20-04-2012, 09:33 PM
My late father in law also has his name on the wall, welcomed contributions at the time but I guess they can't recognise everyone that has contributed to the club in some way.

I know mate, it was a big thing at the time and a lot of loyal Hibees played their part! Sorry to hear you father in law is no longer with us, there's probably a good few names on the wall that are dearly departed. Wouldn't be to difficult for the club to contact those still here and offer a ticket. Let's face it they are who you'd class as loyal fans, thick and thin! Not all have STs to depend on getting a ticket but were still prepared to cough up some hard earned at the time! Cheers.

surreyhibbie
20-04-2012, 09:44 PM
It's a tough one. There's plenty like me and fat bloke who have been going to games since we were ten, been to most of the grounds in scotland and a few elsewhere, but because of finances and geography are not season ticket holders but would still love to see that bloody cup lifted at last.

Current season ticket holders should get priority, of course.

But if there are any spare ones going......:greengrin

fatbloke
20-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Me too, Chas, and I am also a shareholder. Unless eddie pulls off a miracle I may be having a quiet pint or three in a pub with you. Coming up come what may.

Good luck mate. Let me know if you get fixed up.:flag:

I want 2 - for daughter and her boyfriend if i get a third great if i get a fourth it is yours guaranteed.

fatbloke
20-04-2012, 10:20 PM
simple aNswer YES imho

Hibs Class
20-04-2012, 10:20 PM

I bought shares way back then as well, and I'm sure there was a spell when shareholders got some kind of priority on tickets but it hasn't happened for a while.

craigmounthibs
20-04-2012, 10:22 PM
I was at the hands of hibs rally! That must be worth a ticket!

Septimus
21-04-2012, 06:25 AM
Hibs 100 member (and my son) Shareholder (1000 pounds) and the club don't even see fit to stream home games to the likes of me anymore. Sometimes its hard to be a Hibby.