PDA

View Full Version : Ched Evans (Wales and Sheffield Utd) jailed for 5 years

2belhaven
20-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Ched Evans found guilty of rape and sent down for 5 years

Top scorer for Sheffield Utd. 22 Appearances for Wales.

Sean1875
20-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Such a waste. Deserves it though, no sympathy for **** like that.

frazeHFC
20-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Holy ****!

SteveHFC
20-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Cracking player on FM

hibsbollah
20-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Good to see a long sentence for that.

calumhibee1
20-04-2012, 02:50 PM
2 and a half years isn't long enough. :agree:

Hibernia&Alba
20-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Still pleading his innocence but we can only trust that the jury have come to the correct verdict. No doubt he will appeal, and I don't know the full facts of the incident, but what I've read and heard is demonstrative of at the very least an arrogant idiot who thinks women are sexual playthings to be used and discarded. Vile and seedy (and in this case criminal) behaviour that is no doubt widespread amongst overpaid and unintelligent professional footballers.

Saturdays Hero
20-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Should have been longer,5 years for rape aint a long sentence.

JE89
20-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Should have been longer,5 years for rape aint a long sentence.

Gets out after 2 and half with good behaviour. 23 years old, representing your country - the world at your feet - what an idiot! If he did it I hope he never plays football professionally again.

Nakedmanoncrack
20-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Haven't followed the case, but reading this there a few questions unanswered:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17781842

Biggie
20-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Haven't followed the case, but reading this there a few questions unanswered:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17781842

Rape is an awful crime, but...is this not a dangerous precedent in that no obvious phyisical injuries and then the lassie cries she was raped ?....so any female could now cry rape when she has one too many ?...what if it was consententual, and she suddenly says I was raped !?......
I must have this wrong...I'm not condoning anything, but it does throw up some serious consequences for any guy up town and pull a bird who's had one too many.
Was it the fact there was two of them ?...there has to be more to it than what I've read for him to get 5 years.
Have I totally misread this ?

chrisski33
20-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Rape is an awful crime, but...is this not a dangerous precedent in that no obvious phyisical injuries and then the lassie cries she was raped ?....so any female could now cry rape when she has one too many ?...what if it was consententual, and she suddenly says I was raped !?......
I must have this wrong...I'm not condoning anything, but it does throw up some serious consequences for any guy up town and pull a bird who's had one too many.
Was it the fact there was two of them ?...there has to be more to it than what I've read for him to get 5 years.

Perhaps the fact she was so drunk they would have stayed clear of her? He obviously took advantage of her and has been found guilty of rape. Dont think any precedent has been set here

Nakedmanoncrack
20-04-2012, 07:39 PM

I'm always very dubious about taking whats printed in the papers etc, but having just had a good look back through what was reported of this case it does seem to come down to the victim having no recollection of anything at all, no memory of how she came to be in the hotel room, and no memory of an attack. It seems to be the prosecution case, not that she was forced, but that she was in such a drunken state that she wasn't capable of giving consent.

Strange how the other player - who also admitted to having sex with her (and was actually the one who took her back to the room) was found not guilty. And what about those who were watching?

HFC 0-7
20-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Perhaps the fact she was so drunk they would have stayed clear of her? He obviously took advantage of her and has been found guilty of rape. Dont think any precedent has been set here

If thats the case, being accused of rape because she was so drunk and they should have stayed clear, then why didnt his mate get done as well? Its a strange one IMO.

Hibercelona
20-04-2012, 07:42 PM
With the way our law system works, he'll be out in about 2 years. You can bet your ticket on it.

You see people going away for longer, for less crimes.

He's ultimately ruined a persons life, but he'll come out in a couple of years and have all that money sitting in his bank account.

Total joke.

Kenny1875
20-04-2012, 08:28 PM
With the way our law system works, he'll be out in about 2 years. You can bet your ticket on it.

You see people going away for longer, for less crimes.

He's ultimately ruined a persons life, but he'll come out in a couple of years and have all that money sitting in his bank account.

Total joke.With rape I would agree it can ruin people's life. However, in this case the girl can't even remember what happened so to say he's ruined someone's life is a bit far. Her life can't really be ruined if she didn't know that the **** went on in there.

CropleyWasGod
20-04-2012, 08:34 PM
With rape I would agree it can ruin people's life. However, in this case the girl can't even remember what happened so to say he's ruined someone's life is a bit far. Her life can't really be ruined if she didn't know that the **** went on in there.

Subconscious memories.

BigKev
20-04-2012, 08:42 PM
With rape I would agree it can ruin people's life. However, in this case the girl can't even remember what happened so to say he's ruined someone's life is a bit far. Her life can't really be ruined if she didn't know that the **** went on in there.

Are you for real?

Here's a girl lying unconscious in a kebab shop and these two cretins took her back to a hotel room and done the nasty deed? Her life hasn't been ruined?

I hope to **** you don't have a daughter.

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2012, 08:49 PM

Oh dear, think about what you are saying!!!!

hibsboy90
20-04-2012, 08:50 PM
I think we need to remember that the Scottish courts will approach this differently. Any account by the female claiming the act to have been non consensual will require corroboration.

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2012, 08:55 PM
I think we need to remember that the Scottish courts will approach this differently. Any account by the female claiming the act to have been non consensual will require corroboration.

Judge said CCTV showed the level of intoxication which ultimately resulted in her being in no fit state to consent, good enough even for the Scottish court system.

Velma Dinkley
20-04-2012, 08:56 PM
I only saw a very quick flash of this news on Sky Sports. Were two people accused of rape and only one was found guilty?

CropleyWasGod
20-04-2012, 08:57 PM

I thought the law in Scotland had been changed recently. As in this case, nobody who is drunk is able to give consent.

FranckSuzy
20-04-2012, 09:00 PM
IIRC, it said on the news tonight that the said footballer was phoned by his pal and invited round to join in....

Darth Hibbie
20-04-2012, 09:02 PM
I thought the law in Scotland had been changed recently. As in this case, nobody who is drunk is able to give consent.

Kind off. Non consent was already part of the law through a number of case laws and was recently formalised through legislation. The legislation still requires corroboration. Rape is notoriously difficult to convict because of corroboration and often requires a great deal of circumstantial evidence.

CropleyWasGod
20-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Kind off. Non consent was already part of the law through a number of case laws and was recently formalised through legislation. The legislation still requires corroboration. Rape is notoriously difficult to convict because of corroboration and often requires a great deal of circumstantial evidence.

Okay... but if sex takes place, and there is corroboration that the victim was incapable of giving consent....doesn't that, of itself, prove rape?

Kenny1875
20-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Are you for real?

Here's a girl lying unconscious in a kebab shop and these two cretins took her back to a hotel room and done the nasty deed? Her life hasn't been ruined?

I hope to **** you don't have a daughter.

But how can he get done for rape and the other doesn't? It all seems pretty strange to me.

Darth Hibbie
20-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Okay... but if sex takes place, and there is corroboration that the victim was incapable of giving consent....doesn't that, of itself, prove rape?

Pretty much yes. In theory you are pretty much correct. The difficulty relies in the credibility of the corroborative evidence. Rightly or wrongly defence solicitors are sneaky so and so's.

Having enough for a conviction and getting a conviction can sometimes be two entirely different things.

I think in this case there is a completely independent witness (hotel staff?) saying she was completely drunk. Would be enough for me to say it was a rape.

seven nowt
20-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Good to see a long sentence for that.

what...that's 8 words!!!

in all seriousness though, if he's raped a teenager the 5 years (which will be reduced) is a short sentence. Anyway, prisons probably have plasma tv's and king sized beds. easy!

Darth Hibbie
20-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Pretty much yes. In theory you are pretty much correct. The difficulty relies in the credibility of the corroborative evidence. Rightly or wrongly defence solicitors are sneaky so and so's.

Having enough for a conviction and getting a conviction can sometimes be two entirely different things.

I think in this case there is a completely independent witness (hotel staff?) saying she was completely drunk. Would be enough for me to say it was a rape.

Would appear she appeared on CCTV drunk.

As for how the other guy got off with it no idea :dunno:

Biggie
20-04-2012, 09:19 PM
ok, bit clearer now, seemingly he (evans) had sex with her after the other guy and got his mates to film it....wrong, just wrong...

Jonnyboy
20-04-2012, 09:20 PM
But how can he get done for rape and the other doesn't? It all seems pretty strange to me.

From the TV report it seems the other guy took her to a hotel and had what was judged to be consensual sex whereafter he phoned Evans who came to the room and also had sex with her.

Steve-O
20-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Gets out after 2 and half with good behaviour. 23 years old, representing your country - the world at your feet - what an idiot! If he did it I hope he never plays football professionally again.

For a sentence of more than 4 years the Parole Board decides when release will occur. And 'good behaviour' is not enough on it's own to justify release, that is a myth.

soupy
21-04-2012, 05:11 AM
ok, bit clearer now, seemingly he (evans) had sex with her after the other guy and got his mates to film it....wrong, just wrong...

Surely if the other guys were filming it, they should be charged also?????