PDA

View Full Version : Income for Scottish Cup success

Bob Box Fish
20-04-2012, 01:48 PM
When we won the CIS Cup in 2007 it was estimated including merchandising that it was worth around a million in revenue.

Given the magnitude of this final and the ticket distribution method chosen which could see additional sales in ST's how much do we reckon we will bring in once we lift the trophy ?

greenlex
20-04-2012, 03:30 PM
When we won the CIS Cup in 2007 it was estimated including merchandising that it was worth around a million in revenue.

Given the magnitude of this final and the ticket distribution method chosen which could see additional sales in ST's how much do we reckon we will bring in once we lift the trophy ?
More than a Million.

Rasta_Hibs
20-04-2012, 04:27 PM
More than a Million.
Great answer lol

SRHibs
20-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Rod's playing this so smart. Regardless of the result, we're going to have made a hefty, hefty return from this fixture. I've played right into his hands, as it looks like I'll be purchasing a ST this year to ensure I get a ticket for the final.

Onceinawhile
20-04-2012, 05:31 PM
20,000 tickets @ 20 quid (which is probably less than the average) is 400,000. That's before prize money, tv money, merchandise and any other cash the club makes from this one game. It's huge and shows how important a cup run is each season.

Brooster
20-04-2012, 06:23 PM
2 million is the absolute minimum hibs will make from this scottish cup run. If new season tickets really take off it will be 3 mill.

Emerald
20-04-2012, 06:31 PM
2 million is the absolute minimum hibs will make from this scottish cup run. If new season tickets really take off it will be 3 mill.

I would love to know how many ST holders had renewed before the deadline (I was one). If we hadn't had THIS cup final, I think ST sales would have been very very low. So, your estimate of £3m may not be too far out. But it will not be on top of the 7 thousand ST members we have at the moment but could well be £3m more than what we would have had prior to getting to the final, if you follow the logic. :agree:

Eyrie
20-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Bear in mind that there will also be income from playing in Europe as a result of winning the cup.

WhileTheChief..
20-04-2012, 07:29 PM
In the Scotsman or EEN they reckoned about £500k from reaching the final, tickets and TV. This didn't include any new STs being sold or Euro qualification.

wazoo1875
20-04-2012, 09:06 PM

This is what I reckon we'll make from all this hysteria!! That's from a few few ill educated guesses mind! I reckon the club will sell at least a couple of thousand new season tickets plus maybe a 1000 more renewals before any prize money and gate receipts are divied out. On the back of winning the thing :greengrin More renewals and a Europa cup game against a potential Spurs type team, we would be in the money big time :flag:

In the Scotsman or EEN they reckoned about £500k from reaching the final, tickets and TV. This didn't include any new STs being sold or Euro qualification.

Conservative to say the least :agree:

andrew70
21-04-2012, 07:19 AM
Very conservative figures. TV money is circa £85k iirc and at an average £25 a head for a ticket that's £500k straight away - never mind the extra prize money for previous rounds I think we'll make nearer £1.5m and that's without winning the damn thing

Reaper
21-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Whatever it is, it should clear the debt and let us concentrate on the playing staff. No excuses for the board this season and hopefully our squad can be in place before the last week of the transfer window. :cb

Reaper
21-04-2012, 07:26 AM
I would love to know how many ST holders had renewed before the deadline (I was one). If we hadn't had THIS cup final, I think ST sales would have been very very low. So, your estimate of £3m may not be too far out. But it will not be on top of the 7 thousand ST members we have at the moment but could well be £3m more than what we would have had prior to getting to the final, if you follow the logic. :agree:

What deadline do you mean? The early bird one? A person my sister knows (she used to work at ER) told me last week up until the day before the Semi we had only sold just a little over 3,000 ST (New and Renewals) for next season????? Not sure if I believe that though, I thought it'd be a little more.

ronaldo7
21-04-2012, 07:31 AM
They'll probably make more than a million for getting your photo taken with the cup down at ER:greengrin