PDA

View Full Version : Monte Carlo Masters

Sir David Gray
19-04-2012, 11:39 PM
Felt really sorry for Julien Benneteau yesterday as he lay crying on the ground after falling when he tried to retrieve a ball. It looked like being a decent match between him and Andy Murray up until that point as it was 5-5 in the first set at the time. Benneteau tried to continue but it was always going to end up with him retiring from the match.

Good match tomorrow for Murray in the quarter finals against Tomas Berdych, who came through a tough match against Kei Nishikori.

Very impressive victory for Novak Djokovic against Alexandr Dolgopolov yesterday too, in so many ways. Djokovic had learned only hours before the match that his grandfather, who he had been so close to throughout his life, had passed away.

Having lost my own grandmother 6 months ago, I know exactly how Djokovic must be feeling right now and I can only imagine how hard it must have been for him to play that match and to have the composure to go on and win it. I went to a tennis tournament two weeks after my grandmother had passed away in October last year and it was just a horrendous experience, I couldn't wait for the weekend to be over and to get home.

Huge respect to Djokovic for coming through that match today. He'll have done his grandfather proud. :aok:

Sir David Gray
20-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Poor result for Murray today as he lost to Tomas Berdych in 3 sets. Murray took the first set on a tiebreak, but Berdych came back at him and eventually came through 6-7 6-2 6-3 to seal a place in the semi finals against Novak Djokovic.