PDA

View Full Version : Keith Jackson - Sports Journalist of the Year

Winston Ingram
19-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Apparently Keith Jackson has won the Scottish Sports Journalist of the Year award at the Scottish Press Awards:confused:

You get an award now for licking the Huns erse. Superb

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2010/11/18/craig-whyte-profile-the-scots-billionaire-on-the-brink-of-taking-over-the-club-he-loves-86908-22722617/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqtjvYdB4fI

lucky
19-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Lol the man's a joke of a reporter

CropleyWasGod
19-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Got to disagree with you both.

He was the man who, last July, was asking the questions about the Ticketus money, and whether CW had used it to purchase Rangers. Nine months later, he has been proved right. He certainly wasn't "licking the Hun's erse".

He doesn't have a good reputation on here, with good reason, but I have to stand up for him on this occasion.

easty
19-04-2012, 10:02 PM

He was the man who, last July, was asking the questions about the Ticketus money, and whether CW had used it to purchase Rangers. Nine months later, he has been proved right. He certainly wasn't "licking the Hun's erse".

He doesn't have a good reputation on here, with good reason, but I have to stand up for him on this occasion.

CWG in Rangers Tax Case post shocker..:greengrin

Dont be hijaking this one CWG!

CropleyWasGod
19-04-2012, 10:04 PM
CWG in Rangers Tax Case post shocker..:greengrin

Dont be hijaking this one CWG!

Not hijacking it at all.

He has clearly got the award because of the Rangers work. Well merited, IMO.

Jonnyboy

Fair points, well made :agree:

It'd be wise to understand that he is a sports journo and that when they taught investigative journalism at his Uni he was probably in a room somewhere with Messrs McKay, Brown and Thomson :greengrin

easty
Not hijacking it at all. That's clearly why he has got the award. He's entitled to it.

I was merely jesting sir...I actually agree with you. Though it pains me to say Jackson deserves anything other than a kick in the baws.

TheEastTerrace
19-04-2012, 10:05 PM
With the exception of a honorable few, Scottish football journalists are an embarrassment to the profession. No wonder the best Scottish writers move down south away from the parochial, sycophantic, ill-formed press pack that fails to bring those running football in the backwater of Scotland to account. Young, Traynor, Keevins, Jackson, King et al - wouldn't wipe my erse with their daily tripe.

CropleyWasGod
19-04-2012, 10:06 PM
I was merely jesting sir...I actually agree with you. Though it pains me to say Jackson deserves anything other than a kick in the baws.

Dinny jest wi me after 11... I'm needin ma bed :greengrin

And I agree with the second bit, too.

monktonharp
19-04-2012, 10:07 PM

He doesn't have a good reputation on here, with good reason, but I have to stand up for him on this occasion. I'd rather stand on him, than stand up for him and that is on any occasion. he deriled Hibs, and almost derailed Hibs for his comments/in the same bed with that barsteward agent when they engineered the sale/transfer requests or whatever you want to call it ,of two of our best players who ended up along the m8.

CropleyWasGod
19-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Would it be too much to say that, where Nixon had his Bob Woodward, Whyte has his Keith Jackson?

Aye, thought so...... :greengrin

woodythehibee
19-04-2012, 10:27 PM
He done well and managed to beat off the other contenders who were Mickey Mouse, Scooby Doo and Sooty...

CropleyWasGod
19-04-2012, 10:34 PM
He done well and managed to beat off the other contenders who were Mickey Mouse, Scooby Doo and Sooty...

Can one beat off Sooty? :confused:

JohnStephens91
19-04-2012, 11:59 PM
I know when I become a journalist I wish to be exactly the opposite of Keevins and the rest of the tripe. If that fails to happen please can someone drive a wooden stake right through my heart.

jgl07
20-04-2012, 12:56 AM
This article sums up the investigative edge to Jackson's reporting:

Craig Whyte profile: The Scots billionaire on the brink of taking over the club he loves

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2010/11/18/craig-whyte-profile-the-scots-billionaire-on-the-brink-of-taking-over-the-club-he-loves-86908-22722617/

No further comment needed!

Winston Ingram
20-04-2012, 06:39 AM

That's one thing he's got right but if you view the links on the OP that's one he's spectacularly got wrong and embarrassing himself by claiming he's been questioning since the start. The chances are the 'investigation' that he carried was probably handed to on a plate by one of the disgruntled dislodged board members that he spends most is time up the arse of. The same board members that have used him to be a 1 man hun propaganda machine for the last few years

s.a.m
20-04-2012, 08:11 AM
I suppose what the recent shennanigans has demonstrated beyond argument is that Chic, Keevins, Traynor et al are not doing a job that any of us would recognise as journalism. They are players in a football based 'entertainment' industry, and their remit does not seem to travel far beyond product PR, and the generation of hot air to fill pages and air-time. Scottish football and its media are a small, tightly-knit and incestuous group of people*, and - even if they were inclined to be objective - the symbiotic relationship between the clubs and the 'journalists' make it almost impossible. I think they are a significant part of Scotland's football problem, and it will be difficult for us to move on while they are in place.

* I recognise that there are proper journalists out there. The people with influence, and widespread exposure, unfortunately don't seem to be amongst them.

Kato
20-04-2012, 08:17 AM
I suppose what the recent shennanigans has demonstrated beyond argument is that Chic, Keevins, Traynor et al are not doing a job that any of us would recognise as journalism. They are players in a football based 'entertainment' industry, and their remit does not seem to travel far beyond product PR, and the generation of hot air to fill pages and air-time. Scottish football and its media are a small, tightly-knit and incestuous group of people*, and - even if they were inclined to be objective - the symbiotic relationship between the clubs and the 'journalists' would be almost impossible. I think they are a significant part of Scotland's football problem, and it will be difficult for us to move on while they are in place.

* I recognise that there are proper journalists out there. The people with influence, and widespread exposure, unfortunately don't seem to be amongst them.

You could have saved yourself typing all that out and just said "Monkey Mafia".

JimBHibees
20-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Does anyone know the date of the court case when Jackson sues John Collins for saying that Jackson was taking money off Rangers? :confused:

basehibby
20-04-2012, 09:10 AM
I suppose what the recent shennanigans has demonstrated beyond argument is that Chic, Keevins, Traynor et al are not doing a job that any of us would recognise as journalism. They are players in a football based 'entertainment' industry, and their remit does not seem to travel far beyond product PR, and the generation of hot air to fill pages and air-time. Scottish football and its media are a small, tightly-knit and incestuous group of people*, and - even if they were inclined to be objective - the symbiotic relationship between the clubs and the 'journalists' would be almost impossible. I think they are a significant part of Scotland's football problem, and it will be difficult for us to move on while they are in place.

:agree: :top marks Jackson has probably got the award because of his angle on the huns' predicament - but that doesn't change my opinion of him as an OF obsessed weegie agenda driven muppet.

One swallow doth not a summer make and one story doesn't make a journalist out of the tossbag that is Keith Jackson either :na na:

CropleyWasGod
20-04-2012, 09:11 AM
:agree: :top marks Jackson has probably got the award because of his angle on the huns' predicament - but that doesn't change my opinion of him as an OF obsessed weegie agenda driven muppet.

One swallow doth not a summer make and one story doesn't make a journalist out of the tossbag that is Keith Jackson either :na na:

... but it sure as hell can make your weekend. :greengrin

easty
20-04-2012, 09:18 AM
... but it sure as hell can make your weekend. :greengrin

:aok:

JimBHibees
20-04-2012, 09:53 AM

No doubt fed the information by friends of SDM also.