PDA

View Full Version : The Hibernian Match Programme

JohnStephens91
19-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Andrew Sleight, the head of media at the club, is looking for suggestions from fans for content in the programme for next season. We should all brainstorm to come up with good ideas to put forward to him.

Personally I feel some fan generated content would be good, perhaps have one fan document the season from his/her perception or offer Hibs fans the chance to submit 5 questions to a first team player to be answered in the next edition. Getting the fans involved is a good way to increase interactivity between the club and ourselves as this is what they want.

PaulSmith
19-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Every week the Board respond to questions posted by fans from previous game.

Iggy Pope
19-04-2012, 08:16 PM
The cover of next season's issue # 1 should feature a picture of our new skipper James McPake clutching his 3 year contract and the second page should feature an updated Honours List!
:flag:

PeterboroHibee
19-04-2012, 08:24 PM
I think our programme is pretty good and doesnt need many chances. Usually lots of content both on the first team and in other areas (youth teams, ladies team etc), as well as good info on the opposition team and some stuff from Hibs history.

There is a couple of times where Ive got it and its only been a few pages long (maybe cup games?) which doesnt reflect the usual quality, but its not much of a criticism.

Frogga
19-04-2012, 09:51 PM
One thing I looked forward to in the programme when I first started going to games as a kid was a quiz feature where two of our players were asked the same 10 questions (some Hibs-related, some generally football-related, some general knowledge) and the winner moves on to the next week two face a different player. I'm pretty sure Stuart Lovell or someone like that stayed on for ageees. Quite interesting to see how much the players know about the club and its history also.

There also used to be a good feature where they interviewed a fan on a set list of questions (age, best hibs moment, furthest travelled to watch hibs, funny stories from watching hibs).

As someone else said it'd be good to get some fan involvement. My main gripe with the programme and official website is that it's all too 'safe' with little in the way of real opinions or rumours so maybe have a section where the fans give a reasonably fair view of what the fans think of recent stories and results involving the club... No nutcases, just a balanced opinion.

Another idea is to do catch ups with former players. I'm not necessarily talking the Steven Fletchers or Merouane Zemmamas of this world but the Dirk Lehmanns or Barry Prendervilles... Ie. The ones who most of us have no idea what they are doing now and whose Wikipedia pages no longer keep up to date with their careers. It'd be good to hear what they are doing now, what they thought of their time at Hibs and whether Hibs still affect them to this day.

Ok I'll stop before I get carried away :wink:

IberianHibernian
19-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Is there still a subscription service for programme in paper ? I know it`s available online but don`t remember seeing paper edition advertised or or being asked if I`d be interested . I`ve shown Hibs programmes to many folk overseas and a paper edition always seems more real than something on computer . One more thing that could have been included in overseas members package with Hibs TV and some big match priority ( may sound bitter now but it is something that fans have been suggesting for many years ) .

JohnStephens91
19-04-2012, 11:45 PM
One thing I looked forward to in the programme when I first started going to games as a kid was a quiz feature where two of our players were asked the same 10 questions (some Hibs-related, some generally football-related, some general knowledge) and the winner moves on to the next week two face a different player. I'm pretty sure Stuart Lovell or someone like that stayed on for ageees. Quite interesting to see how much the players know about the club and its history also.

There also used to be a good feature where they interviewed a fan on a set list of questions (age, best hibs moment, furthest travelled to watch hibs, funny stories from watching hibs).

Yeah I was thinking about those quizzes and Lovell, Murray and Lehmann were all very good at it. I'll gather everything up and send Andrew an e-mail on Monday.

So from what I gather players quizzes, fans submitting questions to players and board, fan generated content such as the Hibs suggestions and also a fans viewpoint on their take on team proceedings and also a where are they now/information article regarding former Hibs players are all something that we would like to be reading in the programme next season?

spike220
20-04-2012, 02:36 AM
I like the idea of profiling one fan each week. You could restrict to ST holders or widen it a bit -whatever the club wants. Ask them what they do, how they came to support Hibs, best moments lowest moments, hopes for the future, favourite all time players, favourite current players and why, who is their player to watch for the future. How do they celebrate a win, best memories. Their pre match rituals.... I would love to read this kind of stuff and get to to know other folk out there.

GGTTH

coolhibbie
20-04-2012, 06:53 AM
I like the idea of profiling one fan each week. You could restrict to ST holders or widen it a bit -whatever the club wants. Ask them what they do, how they came to support Hibs, best moments lowest moments, hopes for the future, favourite all time players, favourite current players and why, who is their player to watch for the future. How do they celebrate a win, best memories. There pre match rituals.... I would love to read this kind of stuff and get to to know other folk out there.

GGTTH

following on about the program. I was at the recent Sunderland v spurs game and bought the Sunderland program £3. Now if the club want to move forward they should have a look at it, its like a paperback full of great information and a great read, but the biggest thing for me was well worth the price. :)