PDA

View Full Version : Would Sauzee come over for the final?

jockodile
19-04-2012, 08:24 AM
especially given his peerless record against the Yams during the Mcleish era, would be a great publicity boost
anyone know the international code for france?

bawheid
19-04-2012, 08:26 AM
especially given his peerless record against the Yams during the Mcleish era, would be a great publicity boost

+62

George Clooney
19-04-2012, 08:38 AM
The Sauzee love in is a one way street methinks.

Lucius Apuleius
19-04-2012, 08:46 AM
+62

:confused: One thinks not, unless this is a whoosh moment.

Craig_in_Prague
19-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Should we not be inviting the last SC winning team?

Ok, maybe their great-grand kids :-)

bawheid
19-04-2012, 08:48 AM

:agree: think so...!

bighairyfaeleith
19-04-2012, 08:49 AM

quality whoosh moment :greengrin

Mikey
19-04-2012, 08:52 AM
If he's not a season ticket holder or member he can get in the queue with the rest of us :greengrin

scott7_0(Prague)
19-04-2012, 08:56 AM

Nope, he has cut all official ties with Hibs since his departure and the way he was treated by certain board members.

GREEN WARLORD
19-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Are there any of the same board members still at Hibs, whenever Frank was shown the door?

scott7_0(Prague)
19-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Are there any of the same board members still at Hibs, whenever Frank was shown the door?

The main one.

Pretty Boy
19-04-2012, 09:49 AM
The main one.

And one of the few to refuse to back the decision to sack him.

Beefster
19-04-2012, 09:49 AM
If he's not a season ticket holder or member he can get in the queue with the rest of us :greengrin

Sauzee's the one player that I'd make an exception for! In all seriousness, if we could persuade him to come, just his appearance would boost the entire Hibs support (and the Hibees in the squad).

Edit: I'd make an exception for Davie Farrell too, actually. How that man doesn't have a statue erected outside ER yet, I'll never know.

Lucius Apuleius
19-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Ah OK, now I get it. Pricks. :greengrin

I started off thinking it was something joking but couldn't work out anything to do with bloody Indonesia!!!! Been a hard day so far so it has.

RoxburghHibs
19-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Ah OK, now I get it. Pricks. :greengrin

I started off thinking it was something joking but couldn't work out anything to do with bloody Indonesia!!!! Been a hard day so far so it has.

Sauzee has ignored many atempts by the club to come back as their guest. The latest being the Ian Murray testimonial.

Sad but true

Beefster
19-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Right, everyone chip in a pound, I'll nip across to Franceland, pitch up at his door, beg him profusely, present him with Mrs Beefster to keep, beg him some more and basically brow-beat him and his black roll-neck into coming back over. Once back, I'll tie him up and put him in my shed until 19th May.

Job sorted. None of this phone calls or email pish.

scott7_0(Prague)
19-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Sauzee has ignored many atempts by the club to come back as their guest. The latest being the Ian Murray testimonial.

Sad but true

:agree: Jup as I said, severed ties with Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
19-04-2012, 11:13 AM
The main one.

Petrie did not want him sacked, and was against it.

19-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Thats a shame. He would be given an absolutely fantastic reception by the hibs fans! I'm sure somewhere though he will be watching us on the 19th May cheering us on :greengrin!

jockodile
19-04-2012, 11:18 AM
did he not come back over for some book signing a while after his short reign?
surely plenty of ex players would jump at the chance at this match ?
does john collins do tv work thesedays?

hibsbollah
19-04-2012, 11:26 AM
A scotland on sunday interview a few years ago made it very clear he had.strong feelings for us still. The 'love' word made an appearance. He also talked about coming back to watch a game unannounced. So the hibs-sauzee lovein being a 'one way street' is way off...

Hibs Class
19-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Right, everyone chip in a pound, I'll nip across to Franceland, pitch up at his door, beg him profusely, present him with Mrs Beefster to keep, beg him some more and basically brow-beat him and his black roll-neck into coming back over. Once back, I'll tie him up and put him in my shed until 19th May.

:agree: & assuming ST holders get two tickets each I'm more than happy to let him have my spare one.

KeithTheHibby
19-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Sauzee also refused to have anything to do with the recent book about his time at Hibs written by Ted Brack.

Poor show if you ask me as this book had nothing to do with Hibs in any official capacity.

smurf
19-04-2012, 12:22 PM

Untrue.

Newry Hibs
19-04-2012, 12:22 PM
:agree: & assuming ST holders get two tickets each I'm more than happy to let him have my spare one.

In the unlikely event that he can't make it with you, I'll gladly take it off your hands.

The_Exile
19-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Sauzee also refused to have anything to do with the recent book about his time at Hibs written by Ted Brack.

Poor show if you ask me as this book had nothing to do with Hibs in any official capacity.

Not a dig at you mate, but perhaps Frank just wants to enjoy his retirement from Football? I know a lot of pro players in any sport basically wash their hands of it and concentrate on other things, I don't doubt his love for the Hibees but he shouldn't be expected to just drop everything whenever someone decides they need him for something.

CropleyWasGod
19-04-2012, 12:38 PM

I bumped into Franck the day after the last SC Final. TBH, I spotted his companion first :greengrin

So, if you reckon that he would chuck her over the side for Mrs. Beefster..... um.....

can I have her afterwards????

.Sean.
19-04-2012, 12:38 PM
A scotland on sunday interview a few years ago made it very clear he had.strong feelings for us still. The 'love' word made an appearance. He also talked about coming back to watch a game unannounced. So the hibs-sauzee lovein being a 'one way street' is way off...You got a link for that mate?

stu in nottingham
19-04-2012, 12:54 PM
No idea whether he could be tempted along but what is certain is that his presence would be awesome.

Franck Sauzee is a talismanic figure for Hibernian FC.

Onion
19-04-2012, 12:57 PM

:agree: we need to get over it.

Unless we beat the Yams of course, and then we should invite all the living Legends back to ER for a knees up :wink:

lord bunberry
19-04-2012, 01:02 PM
It would be great to see big frank again and I suspect it would have the same effect on the jambos that a certain Albert kidds appearance had a few years ago when they thought they were going to win the league

Ozyhibby
19-04-2012, 01:06 PM
My wish list for the final begins and ends with beating Hearts. Don't care who is there to witness it.

scott7_0(Prague)
19-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Petrie did not want him sacked, and was against it.
Where did i mention Petrie in my reply :wink:

southfieldhibby
19-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Edit: I'd make an exception for Davie Farrell too, actually. How that man doesn't have a statue erected outside ER yet, I'll never know.

Can mind going thru to Ibrox when Mr Farrell was on the books, he blootered Dale Gordon so hard I thought the ref was gonna give him 2 reds cards!

hibsbollah
19-04-2012, 02:01 PM
You got a link for that mate?

Ive tried a few times and cant find it anywhere anymore. It was a good interview as well, possibly five years ago or so when he was at Canal +. interviewed him at his home in Provence and he was banging on about loving fishing but missing Hibs.

Hibercelona
19-04-2012, 02:05 PM
It would be great if Sauzee showed up.

But I don't buy all the superstitious nonsense about us winning, just because somebody we worship turns up.

Lets beat Hearts regardless of who's there or not.

--------
19-04-2012, 02:33 PM
No idea whether he could be tempted along but what is certain is that his presence would be awesome.

Franck Sauzee is a talismanic figure for Hibernian FC.

So glad to see that at least ONE other Hibee knows how to spell Franck's first name, stu! :wink:

The Green Goblin
19-04-2012, 02:38 PM
It would be great to see big frank again and I suspect it would have the same effect on the jambos that a certain Albert kidds appearance had a few years ago when they thought they were going to win the league

Thatīs a genius idea: INVITE ALBERT KIDD TO THE FINAL!!!

stu in nottingham
19-04-2012, 02:41 PM
So glad to see that at least ONE other Hibee knows how to spell Franck's first name, stu! :wink:

I have it tattooed on the inside of my eyelids Doddie! :not worth

yeezus.
19-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Would be nice to see him come over.

I agree with the posts above though - the main thing is beating the Yams and lifting the cup.

I got Ted Brack's book on Suazee - very good read.

Deeklipse
19-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Sauzee's the one player that I'd make an exception for! In all seriousness, if we could persuade him to come, just his appearance would boost the entire Hibs support (and the Hibees in the squad).

Surely Derek Townsley as well? (Even though he passed up his chance to go down in Hibs folklore in 2006)

Beefster
19-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Surely Derek Townsley as well? (Even though he passed up his chance to go down in Hibs folklore in 2006)

I liked Townsley but mentioning him in the same bracket as Sauzee and Farrell is just crazy talking.

blackpoolhibs
19-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Where did i mention Petrie in my reply :wink:

Well other than STF he's the last one left from that time, oh sorry forgot about our infamous kit man, was it him you meant? :greengrin

truehibernian
19-04-2012, 04:31 PM
You got a link for that mate?

Google 'Sauzee plans Scots return' sean......the article was from 2006, after the Euro draw. In it he said he absolutely loved his time at Hibs and hinted he 'really should return soon'.

Franck lived in the New Town and I know he was absolutely floored after being sacked. It really hurt him deeply. I was lucky enough to speak to him briefly, just afterwards, and I was nearly in tears myself hearing him say how devastated he was that he didn't get the time to make it work. That said, as he was talking, I hung on every word.....an absolute gentleman and class personified.

CapitalHibs
19-04-2012, 05:05 PM
My wife is a news journalist for CBC Radio-Canada French and asked me about this Hearts/Hibs "thing." Seems that that one of their sports show on the Radio-Network are discussing doing a feature on the unique SCF. (nothing confirmed yet). They will be looking to link up with Edinburgh based, French speaking Hibees and Jambos (if there is such a thing:greengrin) and I suggested they might want to get in touch with Franck - so that might open the door a crack. Also suggested Boozy, David Zitelli, Benji, Zemmama and Matt Doumbe. There would have to be French ex-Jambo players of course, to give fair balance (think they had a French goalie once - Rousseau or something) Will update if this becomes a goer.

hibsbollah
19-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Google 'Sauzee plans Scots return' sean......the article was from 2006, after the Euro draw. In it he said he absolutely loved his time at Hibs and hinted he 'really should return soon'.

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/sauz-233-e-plans-scots-return-1-1408800

Thats not the article I was thinking of TH, although the content is similar and its a good read. I dont think the SoS has as good online archive resources as the actual Hootsman.

truehibernian
19-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Thats not the article I was thinking of TH, although the content is similar and its a good read. I dont think the SoS has as good online archive resources as the actual Hootsman.

I genuinely think FS will return to watch Hibs bollah, but his humility and modesty is such (in my opinion), he wouldn't want a fanfare return. I think he will just turn up one day, unannounced, in a dignified manner. He is however the only player that would bring a tear to my eye if he did. I personally couldn't believe how upset I got that day he was sacked and that was as a fan......quite unbelievable when I look back.

Given his media work I think the Champions League final may see him working on SC final day.

Would love to see the club get as many of the 6-2 team, on the pitch at half time, before the Pars game (or appearances at the club shop between now and the final). Would love to see Latapy, Zitelli, Colgan, Lovell etc rallying the cause. Bet Mixu would still get involved too.

truehibernian
19-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Especially because of who the manager in the away dugout will be ;-)

hibsbollah
19-04-2012, 05:49 PM
...that was the jist of the mysterious missing SoS interview TH; he said he wanted to return unannounced and just watch a game in the stands like a normal fan. (just imagine, turning round to talk to the guy sitting next to you that you'd never noticed before and its Sauzee :greengrin)

I have to confess I have had this fantasy more than once, we go for a glass or two of fine red wine, become firm friends and he becomes my kids' godfather :blush: