PDA

View Full Version : Beam Back?

JohnScott
18-04-2012, 09:23 PM
OK, so now we know that there's going to be half a million "glory hunting" Hibees fighting over 22000 cup final tickets, what can we non-worthy, hangers on do to be part of the most historic Hibs v Hearts derby ever?

May I humbly suggest, when the club have allocated our tickets to the lucky 22000, that they consider broadcasting the game live at Easter Road. That way those of us who don't get a ticket could still get to enjoy the game with thousands of fellow Hibbies, be they glory hunters or not.

We'd then be in a perfect position to see the Hibs parading the cup when they get back. :greengrin

Jack
18-04-2012, 09:54 PM
If they don't I'm sure it will be on in the Hibs Club :-)

Mikey_1875
18-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Would be a good consolation to not getting a ticket and itd hopefully be profitable for the club ! Could see it being a goer if enough demand!

007 Mickey Weir
18-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Do a beam back at Murrayfield and split the crowd. Imagine 30000 in Murrayfield watching the game at £5 a pop. Good banter.

But not quite Hampden.

monktonharp
18-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Do a beam back at Murrayfield and split the crowd. Imagine 30000 in Murrayfield watching the game at £5 a pop. Good banter.

But not quite Hampden.naw, but they could also rake in the dosh by selling golf balls, £5 for ten

Gatecrasher
19-04-2012, 06:16 AM
:agree: They should show it in BTG and charge £5 per ticket and make a fortune on drink sales

Bristolhibby
19-04-2012, 09:44 AM
:agree: They should show it in BTG and charge £5 per ticket and make a fortune on drink sales

Naw, they should have a massive screen on the pitch, bars along the side and rakes for all the money spent.

Wales has 50,000 watching their rugby world cup semi final at the Millenium. All drinking beer and eating pies.

J

SlickShoes
19-04-2012, 09:55 AM
I really hope they do something, this game is huge and if I don't get a ticket, it would be rather depressing watching it in the house. I would much rather watch it with lots of other fans somewhere and also not crammed into a tiny pub.

danhibees1875
19-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Naw, they should have a massive screen on the pitch, bars along the side and rakes for all the money spent.

Wales has 50,000 watching their rugby world cup semi final at the Millenium. All drinking beer and eating pies.

J

Steal the one opposite the Usher Hall for the day. :agree:

OxoHibby
19-04-2012, 11:22 AM
This would be a decent consolation for not being able to get a ticket for the game.
I feel the need to travel to leith to watch it if I can;t get a ticket and partake in the atmosphere (and celebrations)

Houchy
19-04-2012, 11:26 AM
OK, so now we know that there's going to be half a million "glory hunting" Hibees fighting over 22000 cup final tickets, what can we non-worthy, hangers on do to be part of the most historic Hibs v Hearts derby ever?

May I humbly suggest, when the club have allocated our tickets to the lucky 22000, that they consider broadcasting the game live at Easter Road. That way those of us who don't get a ticket could still get to enjoy the game with thousands of fellow Hibbies, be they glory hunters or not.

We'd then be in a perfect position to see the Hibs parading the cup when they get back. :greengrin

Is this figure definate?

Albion Hibs
19-04-2012, 11:28 AM
I would be very surprised if hibs did not look at showing the game in the stadium on a large screen. Would be a good idea and a reasonable way of making a few quid.

3pm
19-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Nothing more than office gossip but it was suggested there may be a big screen at Leith Links for us and one at Saughton Park for the filth.

Houchy
19-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Nothing more than office gossip but it was suggested there may be a big screen at Leith Links for us and one at Saughton Park for the filth.

Surely HMP Saughton would be best for that mob of manky knuckle draggers:agree:

Gatecrasher
19-04-2012, 11:37 AM
This would be a decent consolation for not being able to get a ticket for the game.
I feel the need to travel to leith to watch it if I can;t get a ticket and partake in the atmosphere (and celebrations)

It definately would be, If im not at Hampden the next best place would be ER next to your fellow fans :agree:.

heck if Hibs dont do this and i'm not at Hampden I will be down ER.:thumbsup:

The Harp
19-04-2012, 01:56 PM

I certainly hope this is under consideration by the board. Watching the game at ER would soften the blow for those not lucky enough to get a ticket. It could also reduce the potential for trouble caused by rival fans watching it in the same pub.
Not sure about the cost of these beambacks but I'd imagine there would be a huge audience for watching the game at the Holy Ground (and also at that other place in Gorgie) to make it financially feasable.

Scooter
19-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Is this figure definate?

No the clubs are meeting with the sfa on friday

BSEJVT
19-04-2012, 09:35 PM
If I dont get a ticket I couldnt watch it on anything or anywhere

I would take myself out onto the golf course at kick off time and take my wife's mobile with me and respond only to her and her alone phoning me with the result.

If it were good news I would be off like a shot to see the Hibees that mean most to me.

If it were bad news I would probably want to take a wee while to come to terms with it before I saw or spoke to another soul.

Jonnyboy
19-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Has anybody checked out whether Hibs would even be allowed to beamback, given broadcasting rights etc etc and the fact that we don't even offer all of our home games on Hibs TV any more?

Sean1875
19-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Has anybody checked out whether Hibs would even be allowed to beamback, given broadcasting rights etc etc and the fact that we don't even offer all of our home games on Hibs TV any more?

I know absolutely nothing about TV laws so forgive me if this is a daft question but do you need to get permission to broadcast council telly?

Jonnyboy
19-04-2012, 09:47 PM
I know absolutely nothing about TV laws so forgive me if this is a daft question but do you need to get permission to broadcast council telly?

Which is about the same level of knowledge as mine :greengrin I really don't know to be honest but I do know that broadcasters jealously guard whatever rights they have :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
19-04-2012, 09:48 PM
The Hibees play Jambos at Hampden
The tickets sold faster than cakes
Some umbos then sold them on eBay
Its likely some tickets' are fakes

Beam back!
Oh beam back!
Beam back the Hibees to me
To me!

Beam back!
Oh beam back!
Beam back the Hibees to me
To me!

HibeeMG
19-04-2012, 09:59 PM

Now that you've mentioned Hibs TV, I'm imagining 10,000 or so Hibees in ER all staring at a big screen with 'buffering' along the bottom. :bsod:

Jonnyboy
19-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Now that you've mentioned Hibs TV, I'm imagining 10,000 or so Hibees in ER all staring at a big screen with 'buffering' along the bottom.

:hilarious

IberianHibernian
19-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Has anybody checked out whether Hibs would even be allowed to beamback, given broadcasting rights etc etc and the fact that we don't even offer all of our home games on Hibs TV any more?Presume club could pay for right to have beamback though suspect this could make it too expensive especially for afternoon match ( technical reasons too ) though no doubt sponsors might be interested . What about showings in cinemas ? - Ocean Terminal and OMNI for Hibs , old cinema near Tynecastle that is probably a bingo hall if still there for Hearts . Don`t think Hibs TV has anything to do with it - that was a decision by someone in club that overseas fans were not worth bothering about ( for financial and / or time reasons ) whether for showing matches or for involving in support and promotion of club in general ( very sad but one of many things that will be forgotten about with cup final euphoria ) .

cabbageandribs1875
19-04-2012, 10:10 PM
i'm well up for attending a beamback at ER(assuming lack of ticket for hampden), surely the BBC would welcome extra dosh from us and hertz :thumbsup: make it so

CropleyWasGod
19-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Which is about the same level of knowledge as mine :greengrin I really don't know to be honest but I do know that broadcasters jealously guard whatever rights they have :agree:

If it's live on BBC, I don't see the problem. It's like the World Cup matches, I reckon.

A bigger problem might be persuading some Hibs employees to stay away from Hampden to organise ER for the day. Can you see Rod coughing up decent overtime to make it worth their while?? :cb

SlickShoes
20-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Now that it's all announced and I can't get a ticket unless there is a public sale, really hope they put on something at ER for us to watch the game!

allezsauzee
20-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Presumably the yams will need to organise a beam back in various locations for their 400,000 fans? :rolleyes:

God Petrie
20-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Not at ER - presumably a final ticket will also guarantee attendance at ER when we bring the cup back.

Green Man
20-04-2012, 12:43 PM
A beam back at ER would be the next best thing to being at Hampden. Hibs could sell thousands of tickets for it.

Hibs7
20-04-2012, 12:53 PM
The SFA and the two teams in the Scottish cup Final, should be getting their collective stuck in the dark ages heads together, to ensure that the 10s of thousands who cannot get a ticket to the game are able to pay to see it live at Easter rd and Tynecastle. No policing problems and drink could be on sale, make it a huge Edinburgh party day and show the west what we are capable of without the bigot brothers.

Mikeystewart
20-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Might be a bit unfair on the pubs in and around Gorgie and Easter Road but hey ho that's capitalism for you :cb

SlickShoes
20-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Might be a bit unfair on the pubs in and around Gorgie and Easter Road but hey ho that's capitalism for you :cb

How? It's not like these businesses set out there yearly plan with a hibs v hearts cup final in mind. I am sure there will be plenty of folk that will go to local pubs but there are also lots of people that don't want to rammed into a tiny pub with 0 space to move.

cloudy
20-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Will hibs show the cup final at easter road on a big screen?

Stevo1875
20-04-2012, 06:49 PM
hope so, a lot of fans who go to as many games as they can without buying STs unlikely to get a ticket.

have to say though, it is only right those who have been every week get priority.