PDA

View Full Version : How The Bookies Price The Final

James Connolly
18-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Cup final odds, courtesy of Bet365;

90mins - Hibs 2/1, draw 9/4, Freaks 5/4

Outright - Hibs 5/4, Freaks 4/7

The way they're going on, I thought they'd be a 1/20 chance!

JimBHibees
18-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Cup final odds, courtesy of Bet365;

90mins - Hibs 2/1, draw 9/4, Freaks 5/4

Outright - Hibs 5/4, Freaks 4/7

The way they're going on, I thought they'd be a 1/20 chance!

Yep closer than I thought it might have been. Obviously the bookies know that this can go either way and there is going to be next to nothing in this game.

Danderhall Hibs
18-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Stan James were (in 90 minutes): Them 6/5, Us 2/1

Hibercelona
18-04-2012, 10:28 AM
We were as low as 12/5 on William Hill the last time I checked.

James Connolly
18-04-2012, 10:29 AM
I'll be having the same bet I had in 2007....£10 e/w on the Hibs captain for 1st goal.

Broken Gnome
18-04-2012, 10:33 AM
The real insurance bet would have been taking Hearts to win the cup on Sunday morning, you'd have got about 6/1.

Worth also remembering that four of their current unbeaten run against us have been draws as well. Just needs Hibs to actually step up and compete this time, and no doubt they will.

magpie1892
18-04-2012, 10:34 AM
We were as low as 12/5 on William Hill the last time I checked.

2/1 is lower than 12/5.

Hibercelona
18-04-2012, 10:36 AM
The real insurance bet would have been taking Hearts to win the cup on Sunday morning, you'd have got about 6/1.

Worth also remembering that four of their current unbeaten run against us have been draws as well. Just needs Hibs to actually step up and compete this time, and no doubt they will.

Forget about insurance bets.

Any Hibby that dares to put money on Hearts while we're still in the competition should be well and truly ashamed.

Hibercelona
18-04-2012, 10:37 AM
2/1 is lower than 12/5.

I didn't mean "low" as in lower odds. :wink:

I meant lower as in they are giving us a lower chance of beating them. :greengrin

magpie1892
18-04-2012, 10:38 AM
I didn't mean "low" as in lower odds. :wink:

I meant lower as in they are giving us a lower chance of beating them. :greengrin

Yeah, yeah! :wink:

Broken Gnome
18-04-2012, 10:40 AM

Any Hibby that dares to put money on Hearts while we're still in the competition should be well and truly ashamed.

Nonsense. It's how people react to various eventualities. If someone goes to Hampden believing Hibs will win and supports them in that manner, they've done their job. If they've also decided that it's worth losing a certain amount of money that would help them drink and numb the pain away should the day not go to plan, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference.

Hibercelona
18-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Nonsense. It's how people react to various eventualities. If someone goes to Hampden believing Hibs will win and supports them in that manner, they've done their job. If they've also decided that it's worth losing a certain amount of money that would help them drink and numb the pain away should the day not go to plan, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference.

Betting against your team because the odds are stacked against them is a loser mentality.

I won't be trying to find ways to "numb the pain", because they'll be no pain to numb.

We're going to win this!

FastEddieFelson
18-04-2012, 10:45 AM

if they're going to win it, wouldn't you rather make some money out of it?

how much would you effectively pay to see hibs beat hearts in the scottish cup final? £500? £1000? you could stick that on hearts. if hibs win, then hey, fantastic, you paid for it and it'll be the greatest day of your life (probably). if the unthinkable happens, and hearts win, then you've at least got a small consolation.

Broken Gnome
18-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Betting against your team because the odds are stacked against them is a loser mentality.

I won't be trying to find ways to "numb the pain", because they'll be no pain to numb.

We're going to win this!

Life insurance policies aren't based on loser mentalities, and this is more important than life or death :wink:

Hibercelona
18-04-2012, 10:50 AM
if they're going to win it, wouldn't you rather make some money out of it?

how much would you effectively pay to see hibs beat hearts in the scottish cup final? £500? £1000? you could stick that on hearts. if hibs win, then hey, fantastic, you paid for it and it'll be the greatest day of your life (probably). if the unthinkable happens, and hearts win, then you've at least got a small consolation.

If its "unthinkable", then why are you thinking about it?

Its that "what if they beat us" fear, that sets us back against them time and time again.

FastEddieFelson
18-04-2012, 11:02 AM
If its "unthinkable", then why are you thinking about it?

Its that "what if they beat us" fear, that sets us back against them time and time again.

because on the day it's going to come down to one of only two outcomes. hibs win, and nothing else will matter. hearts win and it's going to be absolutely devastating, but at least you've profited.

to be honest, i'm probably not even going to do it. but, i don't think betting against your team makes you a "bad supporter". if anything, in circumstances such as this, it makes you the opposite. at the end of the day, the bet will have absolutely no impact on either the result or your feelings. only your bank balance.

and yes, i agree about the bad attitude. seeing people wanting celtic to win on sunday is the perfect example of this. we definitely have a better chance of beating hearts. although hearts always seem to have the better mentality going into derbies, i think this game will be the exception to the rule.

Alex Trager
18-04-2012, 11:08 AM
I'll be having the same bet I had in 2007....£10 e/w on the Hibs captain for 1st goal.

How does that work? E/W for a goalscorer

EH75
18-04-2012, 11:11 AM
My gambling record is horrendous. Whatever I back the opposite seems to happen. At the weekend I had a spare fiver in my William Hill account and toyed with the idea of sticking money on Hibs to win the semi but decided against for this very reason. Instead, I put the money on Aberdeen in the hope that this would result in a Hibs win. Needless to say, I will have a fiver on Hearts for the final. All five horses I backed at the National fell aswell...

I am aware this is superstitious nonsense which in reality has no effect on the outcome but I will kick myself forever if I don't do it and we loose.

marleyhib
18-04-2012, 11:26 AM
I was there on Saturday and has us to win 2-1! Will be doing the same for the final.

Craig_in_Prague
18-04-2012, 11:30 AM

On bet365 at HT on Sunday, Hearts were 7/1 to win that game! crazy.
I was tempted to bet it, but didn't....

Decided to watch the 2 semi finals without any money stuck on them.

Hibercelona
18-04-2012, 11:36 AM
because on the day it's going to come down to one of only two outcomes. hibs win, and nothing else will matter. hearts win and it's going to be absolutely devastating, but at least you've profited.

to be honest, i'm probably not even going to do it. but, i don't think betting against your team makes you a "bad supporter". if anything, in circumstances such as this, it makes you the opposite. at the end of the day, the bet will have absolutely no impact on either the result or your feelings. only your bank balance.

and yes, i agree about the bad attitude. seeing people wanting celtic to win on sunday is the perfect example of this. we definitely have a better chance of beating hearts. although hearts always seem to have the better mentality going into derbies, i think this game will be the exception to the rule.

Betting against our club is just another part of the "bad attitude" culture that we have. How many Hearts fans do you think will be beating on a Hibs win? I can guarantee you that it will be a lot less.

Hearts are "convinced" that they are going to win. We need to out-convince them. We need to be more certain that we're going to lift that trophy. Betting against Hibs only shows more fear and doubt and thats something i'll never be a part of.

Killiehibbie
18-04-2012, 11:36 AM
How does that work? E/W for a goalscorerEach way terms are usually 1/3 of the odds but how many places depends on the individual bookie, they go from 3 places to any amount of scorers.

wee 162
18-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Betting against our club is just another part of the "bad attitude" culture that we have. How many Hearts fans do you think will be beating on a Hibs win? I can guarantee you that it will be a lot less.

Hearts are "convinced" that they are going to win. We need to out-convince them. We need to be more certain that we're going to lift that trophy. Betting against Hibs only shows more fear and doubt and thats something i'll never be a part of.
You obviously know a completely different demographic of Jambo than I do. The ones I know are absolutely petrified and are all uncharacteristically quiet. Brown trouser sales in Gorgie are through the roof at the moment. As it should be. We're about to take everything they have from them.
Good derby record? Counted for nothing when it came down to it.
Hibs not winning the Scottish Cup? Gone. In front of their eyes. Against them.

And their good derby record and Hibs not winning the Scottish Cup is all they have. Their entire identity is about to be obliterated. Albert Kidd is about to be replaced in their psyche by whoever scores the winner for us.

calumhibee1
18-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Ill be sticking ALOT of money on draw half time/Hibs full time. **** that lot, this is our year.

Liamcee1994
18-04-2012, 11:58 AM
to anyone thinking of putting money on hearts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2HW_BYozQA

:pfgwa:flag:

.Sean.
18-04-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm sticking a couple hundred on Hibs. I'm confident and hopefully it will shut up the Hearts ****ers who frequent my local who think i'm taking the piss when I say Hibs will do their mob in the Final.