PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Johnny Hayes (Inverness)?

Juice-Terry
18-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Rumour floating around Facebook that he's signed a pre contract with us. Anybody heard anything? Very good signing if true....

'Mon the Cabbage!

JimBHibees
18-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Rumour floating around Facebook that he's signed a pre contract with us. Anybody heard anything? Very good signing if true....

'Mon the Cabbage!

Would be good, would be surprised also as would have thought he could have got better.

Billy Whizz
18-04-2012, 09:47 AM

'Mon the Cabbage!

Let the mad season begin. Someone said to me on Saturday asfter the game that Danny Swanson was going to sign once SPL safety was confirmned!

Elephant Stone
18-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Hope so! He's one of a number of decent players out of contract at the end of the season we should be looking at.

JIm
18-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Hope so! He's one of a number of decent players out of contract at the end of the season we should be looking at.

A good player yes, but do you honestly think he would help take us to the next level? I'm not so sure he would.

A fit Danny Swanson would, but thats a big ask as Danny constantly seems to be injured these days. Real shame cause he's an outstanding talent.

Don Giovanni
18-04-2012, 09:57 AM

'Mon the Cabbage!

He's a good player and I'd be happy to see him at ER. Creates plenty of chances for ICT and gets on the scoresheet too.

Aldo hibee
18-04-2012, 10:01 AM
would be a great signing if true. Sure i read on pie and bovril though that he singed a pre contract with st mirren

Elephant Stone
18-04-2012, 10:03 AM
A good player yes, but do you honestly think he would help take us to the next level? I'm not so sure he would.

A fit Danny Swanson would, but thats a big ask as Danny constantly seems to be injured these days. Real shame cause he's an outstanding talent.

I've not seen a lot of him but whenever I've seen him he's looked far better than any winger we've got(if you can call them wingers) or any we've had in ages. He's definitely good enough.

keep the faith
18-04-2012, 10:21 AM

yes hayes would help us to next level imo. certainly a step in the right direction

frazeHFC
18-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Let the mad season begin. Someone said to me on Saturday asfter the game that Danny Swanson was going to sign once SPL safety was confirmned!

Heard this too. I believe no rumours these days but these 2 would be quality.

Hibercelona
18-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Would be a great signing for us.

We need to sign more players that are proven at this level.

Ritchie
18-04-2012, 10:32 AM

he's exactly the player we need.

would be delighted to see hibs line up next season with hayes on one wing and swanson on the other!!! :agree:

PeterboroHibee
18-04-2012, 10:36 AM
He would be an exciting signing but would he really want to sign a precontract for us?

Always looked like a very good player, good age as well and if hes available on a free, youd think some Championship teams would be interested in him.

Steven_Hibs
18-04-2012, 10:56 AM
2 wingers? Thats what we have been crying out for.

Sylar
18-04-2012, 11:11 AM
There were rumours going around that he was being linked with both Celtic and Cardiff a while back, so I'll be amazed if he signs anything with us.

If we win the cup and get European football on the other hand...

one day maybe...
18-04-2012, 11:35 AM
I am sure Paddy will have done his research as to exactly who is avialable to sign pre contracts with us and will target them once our safety is gaurantee. As for the two mentioned ad be happy with them being part of the squad. I'd also be looking at Cillian Sheridan again, think his services would be easier to obtain this time around, his loan must be up in May, is it?

easty
18-04-2012, 11:57 AM
I'd take Hayes, but Swanson has problems staying fit. I don't think I'd take the gamble on him.

truehibernian
18-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Would be a superb signing.

On the youth front I am hearing Harry Monaghan has signed a 2 year deal (unless that's been mentioned)

BEEJ
18-04-2012, 12:05 PM

On the youth front I am hearing Harry Monaghan has signed a 2 year deal (unless that's been mentioned)
Turned 19 just last month; so that would be him in the senior squad next season.

Well done to the lad.

frazeHFC
18-04-2012, 12:08 PM

:thumbsup:

Edinburgh Green
18-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Hayes would be a good signing, tricky winger with a bit of bite about him.

Heard he's not shy of a night on the town tho.

hibsbollah
18-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Is he usually played on the left?
Swanson in an instant by the way. Hes class and his injuries might make him affordable. He would also come here in a heartbeat.

Sean1875
18-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Turned 19 just last month; so that would be him in the senior squad next season.

Well done to the lad.

U20s league no?

BEEJ
19-04-2012, 12:05 PM
U20s league no?
Didn't think there was one in operation. :dunno:

fit o' the walk
19-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Didn't think there was one in operation. :dunno: Starting next season !!

bingo70
19-04-2012, 02:39 PM

Well done to the lad.

Ridiculous as it may sound as I know 19 is still young but young players that go on to be a success have normally made some sort of appearance in senior football by that age (unless he's a keeper of course) so although I'm pleased for the lad I'm surprised we're keeping him on, possible down side of an under 20 league is keeping young lads on that are never going to make it.

Joe
26-04-2012, 11:48 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4282175/Dons-face-Hayes-fight.html

SteveHFC
26-04-2012, 11:57 PM
Yes Please :agree:

frazeHFC
27-04-2012, 12:21 AM
:pray:

muzzhfc
27-04-2012, 12:58 AM
*whispers* remember, its the sun ;-)

Hainan Hibs
27-04-2012, 01:12 AM
I hope we get him just so we kick the dons while they are down. Craig Brown already mouthing off up here about the number of superstars he is bringing to Pittodrie for next season, lets stick the boot in again:agree:

Ultrabee1-0
27-04-2012, 01:47 AM
a winger is what we need hayes&who else?....

stokesmessiah
27-04-2012, 07:03 AM
a winger is what we need hayes&who else?....

Swansong?

snooky
27-04-2012, 07:32 AM
If he signs we should dig out the old purple strip for his debut.

What a headline - "Purple Hayes" :cool2:

IFONLY
27-04-2012, 07:47 AM
If he signs we should dig out the old purple strip for his debut.

What a headline - "Purple Hayes" :cool2:

Like it !!!!!!

Hibbyradge
27-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Not Hibs class.

hibsbollah
27-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Hibs class.

Hibbyradge
27-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Hibs class.

Boooooooooooo!

hibsbollah
27-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Sorry...

Not fit to wear the shirt.

SneakersO'Toole
27-04-2012, 08:28 AM
Good player but be very surprised if we signed him. Not because we can't compete with Aberdenn but because I would imagine there will be clubs down south after him.

ancient hibee
27-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Good player but be very surprised if we signed him. Not because we can't compete with Aberdenn but because I would imagine there will be clubs down south after him.

They'll only be the bottom division's clubs then because he's not good enough for anything else.

jgl07
27-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Good player but be very surprised if we signed him. Not because we can't compete with Aberdeen but because I would imagine there will be clubs down south after him.

There is not that much money around down south outside of the Premiership.

When I saw it first I read it that Hibs were after Johnnie Haynes. He was England's first £100 a week footballer who spent all his English career with Fulham. He moved to Edinburgh in 1984 after returning from South Africa and died in 2005.

fife hfc
27-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Would be a decent signing and certainly better than what we have.

timebomb
27-04-2012, 01:22 PM

Pains me to say it but I think he's a very good player. Would be a good signing for all teams in the SPL, excpet maybe Celtic

Pretty Boy
27-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Good player who would be a good signing.

hopefulhibby
27-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Good player who would be a good signing.
Dont think he will sign, same reason as Jim Goodwin didn't, they know PF to well

Matty_Jack04
27-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Dont think he will sign, same reason as Jim Goodwin didn't, they know PF to well

What does this mean? Iv obviously missed something

fat freddy
27-04-2012, 02:05 PM
when i saw the title of the thread i thought it was hannibal hayes...all the law men in the west couldn't get him so its doubtful if pat fenlon could...now, if he went for kid currie...

matty_f
27-04-2012, 02:05 PM

It means hopefulhibby talks pish. :agree:

hopefulhibby
27-04-2012, 02:10 PM
PF is not the most popular man with Irish players, from what i hear he is regarded as arrogant by a lot of football people in Ireland and not a great man manager, maybe that's why Goodwin didn't come to us

JeMeSouviens
27-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Not Hibs class.

http://www.johnhayes.biz/

How can you say that? His website's sparkling. Wonder if he sees anything shiny and silver in our future? :wink:

Golden Bear
27-04-2012, 02:18 PM
PF is not the most popular man with Irish players, from what i hear he is regarded as arrogant by a lot of football people in Ireland and not a great man manager, maybe that's why Goodwin didn't come to us

You're not exactly a fan of PF are you?

:hmmm:

Beefster
27-04-2012, 02:25 PM

Your first post says that you know for a fact why Goodwin didn't sign. Your second post says "well, I think, maybe, from what I hear".

Goodwin thought that little of Fenlon that he came through and spoke to him, by the way.

chrisski33
27-04-2012, 02:27 PM

Well ive heard otherwise from folk i know in ireland.

hopefulhibby
27-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Your first post says that you know for a fact why Goodwin didn't sign. Your second post says "well, I think, maybe, from what I hear".

Goodwin thought that little of Fenlon that he came through and spoke to him, by the way.
Well why didn't he sign for us? is it because St Mirren are such a big club

hopefulhibby
27-04-2012, 02:46 PM
You're not exactly a fan of PF are you?

:hmmm:
NO i am not a fan of PF and in time i will be joined by most Hibs fans, did you know he broke the last 2 clubs that he managed and ran from Derry City after a few months and his SPL record is worse than Calderwoods

Beefster
27-04-2012, 03:04 PM

**** knows but I don't pretend that I do know.

007 Mickey Weir
27-04-2012, 03:07 PM

He didnt sign because St Mirren made him there highest paid player and club captain. Hibs offered a little less and no captain. Not that we couldnt afford it PF just thought he wasn't worth it and could spend money better in summer. I agree with PF. He is nothing special.

As for Hayes, yes please. Get him, Swanston and Shiels signed up. With Ozzy in there with them. :pfgwa

marinello59
27-04-2012, 03:19 PM

We get it, you really don't like our manager. Inventing stuff to suit your agenda makes you look a bit desperate though.

IWasThere2016
27-04-2012, 03:37 PM
NO i am not a fan of PF and in time i will be joined by most Hibs fans, did you know he broke the last 2 clubs that he managed and ran from Derry City after a few months and his SPL record is worse than Calderwoods

And if we win the SC???

Goodwin didn't sign because of our league position at the time - sweet FA to do with his liking or otherwise of PF.

Peevemor
27-04-2012, 04:04 PM

Overspending directors "break" football clubs, either that or managers who are given too much freedon (JJ @HMFC for example).

Neither is the case at Hibs.

Rivers Cuomo
27-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Hayes and Swanson on the wings next season would be very decent and give us the width we havent had since under TM.

Two old fashioned wingers, a playmaker and a ball winning midfielder is really all it takes to have a successful midfield if the players are decent, fit and well organised, which are three qualities i filmly believe PF can instill next season.

muzzhfc
27-04-2012, 04:05 PM

coco was fortunate to go on a winning run in feb last year, this year, we havent been as fortunate, take sunday as an example. not attacking you btw, just curious, whats all your reason for not liking PF?

hibsbollah
27-04-2012, 06:12 PM
I personally like Lewis, Claros and (especially when he first arrived) Ozzie and I dont think our midfield is as bad as sometimes trailed on here. Theres no doubt, however, that Hayes and Swanson coming in would be a good thing and give us some options especially out wide.

hopefulhibby
27-04-2012, 06:53 PM
coco was fortunate to go on a winning run in feb last year, this year, we havent been as fortunate, take sunday as an example. not attacking you btw, just curious, whats all your reason for not liking PF?
Its not that i don't like PF but i was living in Dublin when he was manager of Shelbourne and the Shels fans reckon he broke the club as they were the highest paying club in the LOI Bohemians were also the biggest spenders in that league during PF time and both clubs almost went bang, so PF is a chequebook manager because when he went to Derry City they were not prepared to become big spenders so PF walked away, (Shelbourne have only got back to the top flight this season and Bohemians are struggling at the bottom of the league)

Sean1875
27-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Its not that i don't like PF but i was living in Dublin when he was manager of Shelbourne and the Shels fans reckon he broke the club as they were the highest paying club in the LOI Bohemians were also the biggest spenders in that league during PF time and both clubs almost went bang, so PF is a chequebook manager because when he went to Derry City they were not prepared to become big spenders so PF walked away, (Shelbourne have only got back to the top flight this season and Bohemians are struggling at the bottom of the league)

Petrie is quite well known to keep the tight strings relatively tight though, this will have been made well aware to Paddy by others and more than likely by Petre aswell. In Fenlon we trust :aok:

JimBHibees
27-04-2012, 07:08 PM

You are at it, lets ignore the league titles and cups the guy won and also doing exceptionally well last season with no squad. PF is a decent

SquashedFrogg
27-04-2012, 07:15 PM
You are at it, lets ignore the league titles and cups the guy won and also doing exceptionally well last season with no squad. PF is a decent manager and will do well at Hibs. .

:agree:

SquashedFrogg
27-04-2012, 07:24 PM
I personally like Lewis, Claros and (especially when he first arrived) Ozzie and I dont think our midfield is as bad as sometimes trailed on here. Theres no doubt, however, that Hayes and Swanson coming in would be a good thing and give us some options especially out wide.

This is where I'd like to see us improve. We just don't have the 'wide' option. In fact, we lack options in general.

I'd love to see these two at Hibs next season. Hayes especially.

For the final I'd love to see Fenlon pull out a wee surprise and maybe bring in one of our u19's/young lads. Would be handy to have a wee surprise factor on the bench who could run at their defence and cause problems.

Watched the yams in the semi and they were able to change things about in the attacking third. The wee fud Templeton gave them another dimension and caused Celtic problems. Also gave them an outlet at times.

I'm not fully up to speed with our young lads at that level but there must be someone who would be worth a punt coming off the bench to give us something different. A bit of pace/energy.

Just my thoughts..

Edit: Hopefully at 3-0 with 2 mins to go obviously

Andy74
27-04-2012, 07:25 PM
You are at it, lets ignore the league titles and cups the guy won and also doing exceptionally well last season with no squad. PF is a decent manager and will do well at Hibs. .

Agreed. No idea why people are replying to him.

frazeHFC
27-04-2012, 09:16 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4282175/Dons-face-Hayes-fight.html

Surely we can attract him more than them!

hibsbollah
27-04-2012, 09:17 PM

Paolo Sergio used to park in disabled spaces when he was at Sporting Lisbon.

Mon_the_cabbage
27-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Paolo Sergio used to park in disabled spaces when he was at Sporting Lisbon.

However to be fair to PS, he stopped that once the parking attendant pointed out that losing both eyebrows in a freak accident did not constitute a disability!

muzzhfc
27-04-2012, 10:48 PM
for us to be sucessful on the flanks, we need a set up like man u, where they have evra and rafael as attacking full backs and people like valencia/young to track back and cover if they are caught out of possition. so with kujabi (anyone think he would be better suited on left midfield and us sign a better defendsive left back??) already here we just need 3 players for the flanks, mcpake and griffiths to sign long term and a couple of others and we will be fine ;-)