PDA

View Full Version : Deeks view on the Final.

silverhibee
17-04-2012, 06:06 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4260820/Capital-punishment.html

hibee_nation
17-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Probably why we lose to them so often if that is how the players feel, beat before the ball is kicked. We need eleven men out there knowing they are gonna beat them. :flag:

Hibercelona
17-04-2012, 06:27 PM
A bit disappointed with that to be honest. I'd rather he said something like "I'm glad Hearts got through, now Hibs have the opportunity to stick it right up them".

Instead of saying that he wished Celtic got through instead, as if we're afraid to face them or something.

frazeHFC
17-04-2012, 06:28 PM
I wish we had an on-form Deek up front for us! Riordan is the Hibs hero of my era, love the guy! :thumbsup:

Westie1875
17-04-2012, 06:37 PM
A bit disappointed with that to be honest. I'd rather he said something like "I'm glad Hearts got through, now Hibs have the opportunity to stick it right up them".

Instead of saying that he wished Celtic got through instead, as if we're afraid to face them or something.

Agree, we can't be afraid of this, we need to embrace it. Hibs WILL bring that cup back to Leith on May 19th :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Time to puff out the chest, forget whats gone before and show some fighting spirit throughout everyone involved with Hibs.

Hibercelona
17-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Agree, we can't be afraid of this, we need to embrace it. Hibs WILL bring that cup back to Leith on May 19th :agree:

If we go into this game with our usual attitude towards the derby, then we've already lost. If we go into the game with a "no fear" attitude, then we have every chance of lifting that trophy and taking it home. :agree:

hibsbollah
17-04-2012, 06:47 PM
If your fear of defeat is greater than your desire to be a winner and a Hibs legend, you've got problems. Maybe shows why Deeks never lived up to his massive promise. (proviso that this is the currant ****ing bun we're talking about...could all be bollox).

Duffys13
17-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Deeko thinks were beat then.

SlickShoes
17-04-2012, 06:57 PM
"if we had all stayed together we would be challenging for a title" - aye but you all went west so that puts an end to that theory.

HibbyAndy
17-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Two words....James Mcpake.

Our captain fantastic will have every single player fired up for this final and will take no prisoners. But in all honesty the players will be well up for it anyway..GOC, Hanlon, Sproule, Griffiths, They are all hibby's.

Riordan, Do feel for this guy as i bet he would spit blood to be part of the biggest game in history.

Beefster
17-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Very defeatist. I expected better.

Jonnyboy
17-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Two words....James Mcpake.

Our captain fantastic will have every single player fired up for this final and will take no prisoners. But in all honesty the players will be well up for it anyway..GOC, Hanlon, Sproule, Griffiths, They are all hibby's.

Riordan, Do feel for this guy as i bet he would spit blood to be part of the biggest game in history.

Good call Andy. For me the most crucial aspect in the Final will be McPake dominating/bullying/controlling/scaring the sheeeiiite out of Beattie :greengrin

hibsbollah
17-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Coventry could well be relegated to league 1 tonight. Dont know how this might affect mcpakes position...

Hibercelona
17-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Good call Andy. For me the most crucial aspect in the Final will be McPake dominating/bullying/controlling/scaring the sheeeiiite out of Beattie :greengrin

:agree:

The armband has certainly been given to the right man.

Hearts have a bit of a bombscare "Zaliukas" in their defence, we should pile as much pressure on him as possible.

easty
17-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Coventry could well be relegated to league 1 tonight. Dont know how this might affect mcpakes position...

I reckon he'll be at centre half regardless.:greengrin

easty
17-04-2012, 07:27 PM

Hearts have a bit of a bombscare "Zaliukas" in their defence, we should pile as much pressure on him as possible.

Opinions and all that, I think Zaliukas is a good player.

Irish_Steve
17-04-2012, 07:28 PM

I`m not having a go at you wee hibbee but there was more than one on here criticising the fact that McPake had been given the armband on his arrival. wonder what those posters think now??

hibsbollah
17-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Remember the widespread scepticism when PF made a new loan signing captain, and got a red card on his.debut?

Pat knows.

Jonnyboy
17-04-2012, 07:32 PM

So do I and I hope Gaz and Leigh give him a torrid time :greengrin

Hibercelona
17-04-2012, 07:33 PM

Not trying to suggest that he isn't a good player, but he's a good player with "moments". We have to try and force those moments as much as possible.

I`m not having a go at you wee hibbee but there was more than one on here criticising the fact that McPake had been given the armband on his arrival. wonder what those posters think now??

I think a lot of people were a bit skeptical (including myself) when he was handed the armband straight away, as it isn't something you would normally expect. So I think fans can be excused for that one. :wink:

I just know that i'm glad he's the one wearing it, he comes across as "hard" mentally, not just physically and hopefully he can pass that same mentality through-out the squad.

17-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Yes all sounded a bit pessimistic. Im sure its just because he doesn't want anything to come back and bite him on the erse. If he had come out and said something like "This is it, we are going to end the curse against the hearts, so looking forward to humping them!" or something to that effect, and then we lost, the jambos would have a field day with it!

Its no secret how much hibs mean to Derek, he's a born and bred, die in the wool hibs fans and winning this would mean so much to him, as it would do to all of us. He absolutely hates the hearts and i'm sure it has always been his dream to score against hearts to beat them in a Scottish cup final so i'm sure he will be pretty gutted not to be involved.

Cheer us on from the crowd though Deek, you will still be very much welcomed into the hibs support :flag:

easty
17-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Cheer us on from the crowd though Deek, you will still be very much welcomed into the hibs support :flag:

Unless he's got a current season ticket, one for next season, or got the membership then he might struggle for a ticket..:greengrin

truehibernian
17-04-2012, 07:48 PM

Zaliukas is a clumsy player. Strong in the air, tied up in knots however if you play 4-4-2, with one of your strikers, Leigh hopefully, playing just off him, giving him room to run at him.

In the final I don't want to see Leigh hugging touchlines......I want him and Garry tying up Webster and Zaliuskas, splitting them. Man mark Black, metaphorically and physically, with left and right mid pressing high, not allowing McGowan and Grainger up the pitch.

Would be tempted to put Francomb on Black, dropping Soares. Maybe a narrowish looking diamond midfield, playing through the middle at the expense of some width, especially now Sergio has Barr playing as a sitting/protective midfielder.

Limit their chance to get the ball into the channels,which means getting right in the face of Black. He dictates their play.

HH81
17-04-2012, 08:21 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4260820/Capital-punishment.html

Is he traveling to the game with you?

Rivers Cuomo
17-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Bit defeatist... Really didnt expect that from someone like Deek.

HibbyAndy
17-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Bit defeatist... Really didnt expect that from someone like Deek.

Its called reverse psychology:wink:

Hibs7
17-04-2012, 08:49 PM
History is in the past and nothing can change it, the future is undecided and can be influenced.
It is Hibs time to MAKE history on the 19th May.

Hibs7
17-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Zaliukas is a clumsy player. Strong in the air, tied up in knots however if you play 4-4-2, with one of your strikers,o Leigh hopefully, playing just off him, giving him room to run at him.

In the final I don't want to see Leigh hugging touchlines......I want him and Garry tying up Webster and Zaliuskas, splitting them. Man mark Black, metaphorically and physically, with left and right mid pressing high, not allowing McGowan and Grainger up the pitch.

Would be tempted to put Francomb on Black, dropping Soares. Maybe a narrowish looking diamond midfield, playing through the middle at the expense of some width, especially now Sergio has Barr playing as a sitting/protective midfielder.

Limit their chance to get the ball into the channels,which means getting right in the face of Black. He dictates their play.

Stevenson on Black, he doesn't get riled but will upset Black with being constantly on his heels, remember him with Micky Stewart, wound him up big time and he cracked.

Hibs7
17-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Zaliukas is a clumsy player. Strong in the air, tied up in knots however if you play 4-4-2, with one of your strikers,o Leigh hopefully, playing just off him, giving him room to run at him.

Stevenson on Black, he doesn't get riled but will upset Black with being constantly on his heels, remember him with Micky Stewart, wound him up big time and he cracked.

500miles
17-04-2012, 09:16 PM

Thank christ he didn't come back again. Loser.

Spike Mandela
17-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Most Hearts fans I know and their players in the media think they WILL win whilst our fans and players think we CAN win.

A very subtle difference but tells a lot about the psycholological attitude of the two sets. We need to shake of this fear of losing it and focus on the win.

Hibercelona
17-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Most Hearts fans I know and their players in the media think they WILL win whilst our fans and players think we CAN win.

A very subtle difference but tells a lot about the psycholological attitude of the two sets. We need to shake of this fear of losing it and focus on the win.

As much as I despise them, I can't argue that they've got one thing right and thats their mentality when it comes to these games.

We need to scrap our "can power" and start developing "WILL power". Fenlon has about 4 and a half weeks to drill that mentality into the players minds.

The players are going to have a battle on their hands against Hearts, they don't want to be battling themselves on top of that.