PDA

View Full Version : Chick Young's view.

hibee92
17-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Please forgive me for posting this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17747067?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=sportsound

it was awfully nice of him to mention Hibs at one point.

If you can't be arsed reading, I'll sum up:

He wants Hearts to win - i realised this was a joke.
Some p1sh about 32 years ago
Celtic

TamHibs
17-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Chick Young is a ****

hibee92
17-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Chick Young is a ****

I probably should've added that to the first post :greengrin

JohnStephens91
17-04-2012, 04:55 PM
He is a muppet 'Celtic for the treble' all throughout the season and now spouting this tosh. Let the media stir up everything they want, as long as it doesn't affect the club and our fans.

bingo70
17-04-2012, 04:55 PM
I don't think he said anywhere seriously that he wants hearts to win, his reference to that at the end was clearly a joke.

He was right about hearts being better than us this season as well, they have been...between that and the prospect of us losing our cup 'hoodoo' against them, that's a hell of a pressure on them, if they beat us nothings changed and they'll have achieved it by overspending again.

I know their fans aren't liking the pressure, wonder how their players will

bingo70
17-04-2012, 04:57 PM
He is a muppet 'Celtic for the treble' all throughout the season and now spouting this tosh. Let the media stir up everything they want, as long as it doesn't affect the club and our fans.

Obviously that prediction never came in but I'd say it was a pretty reasonable prediction surely!

Mikey
17-04-2012, 04:57 PM
I know their fans aren't liking the pressure

:agree:

If they win it's 111. Just another year on the tally.

If we win it's game over.

Baw187
17-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Where did he seriously say he wants Hearts to win? He joked that he did to avoid seeing Gaz run through Princes Street naked but was clearly tongue in cheek.

bingo70
17-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Where did he seriously say he wants Hearts to win? He joked that he did to avoid seeing Gaz run through Princes Street naked but was clearly tongue in cheek.

He never, he just said hearts have been better than us this season and can't really argue with it

Golden Bear
17-04-2012, 05:11 PM
It seems a fairly balanced piece of journalism to me.

Certainly nothing to get our knickers in a twist over!

:coffee:

Tollhouse Hibee
17-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Who cares what he thinks anyways. As long as we are all positive and support the team that's all we can do.
The rest is luck on the day
Ggtth

EdinMike
17-04-2012, 05:21 PM
As much as I can't stand his views/voice, Chick in no way stated he wanted Hearts to win. He clearly joked upon a joke that was made by Garry. I feel he is as excited as anyone else in the country about this date in May and this Game.

Still an Eejit though ! :wink:

The_Todd
17-04-2012, 05:23 PM
The man is a professional journalist, yet he cannot make a sentence last more than five words.

The_Exile
17-04-2012, 05:24 PM

Agreed, I'm no fan of Chick Young but found it a pretty good read and probably how most of the country feels. Still think we'll have 'em though :greengrin The difference in pressure between the 2 teams is pretty big. We've got 9 guys who head off down the road on the Sunday night back to their parent clubs, pressure isn't the same as a died in the wool Hibee pulling the green jersey over their heads on the 19th of May, might make the difference.

The_Todd
17-04-2012, 05:26 PM
If all my posts. Had sentences which. Lasted as long as Chick's sentences. I'd be banned from Hibs.net. Or at least deserve to be.

hibee92
17-04-2012, 05:44 PM
If all my posts. Had sentences which. Lasted as long as Chick's sentences. I'd be banned from Hibs.net. Or at least deserve to be.

That made my head hurt.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Chick's too busy worrying about his beloved teddy bears to care about the final.

The_Todd
17-04-2012, 05:48 PM
That made my head hurt.

It hurt my head typing it, I dread to think how poor old Chicko copes.

Delboy*
17-04-2012, 06:32 PM

Absolutely spot on

Houchy
17-04-2012, 06:35 PM
He never, he just said hearts have been better than us this season and can't really argue with it

Can't see much wrong with the article.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2012, 06:36 PM

I wish I could be so philosophical about it, Mikey. Of course I'll say it to all Jambos, but losing to them in the final wouldn't be just another year on the tally. It would be devastating, though the pressure and expectation is more on them. Defeat isn't an option in this yin.

Sergey
17-04-2012, 06:48 PM

That's exactly how I feel, Mikey. I'm too used to losing to that mob to really not care much any more, however, victory in the cup final would see Gorgie on suicide watch.

Paisley Hibby
17-04-2012, 07:19 PM

bingo70
17-04-2012, 07:19 PM
I wish I could be so philosophical about it, Mikey. Of course I'll say it to all Jambos, but losing to them in the final wouldn't be just another year on the tally. It would be devastating, though the pressure and expectation is more on them. Defeat isn't an option in this yin.

What would any jambo be able to say to us if they win that they haven't already been saying since that semi other than it'll be 111 years instead of 110.

If we win its a proper game changer if they win I'll get over it

Iain G
17-04-2012, 07:23 PM

Is that you Chick?

Jim44
17-04-2012, 07:30 PM
There's nothing contentious in the article. It just happens to be written in his 'trying too hard to be smart and humerous' style. Basically, he's a duff journo with nothing of any significance to say.

Super Leigh
17-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Apparently he said on the radio that he would put a bet on us to win it this year?

:lg::giruy:

Hibs7
17-04-2012, 09:13 PM
If Hibs play to their potential, and they can and will improve before the final, Hearts will notice this and the fear factor will take a grip as Hibs players confidence rises. A good run to the final, Relegation worries gone, Hearts fighting for a Europa league place. 110 years, 13th Scottish cup final, an Irish manager, a team full of players on loan, playing against our biggest rivals, the jigsaw falls into place for the biggest fairy tale happy ending in Scottish football history. I BELIEVE.

monktonharp
18-04-2012, 12:04 AM
If Hibs play to their potential, and they can and will improve before the final, Hearts will notice this and the fear factor will take a grip as Hibs players confidence rises. A good run to the final, Relegation worries gone, Hearts fighting for a Europa league place. 110 years, 13th Scottish cup final, an Irish manager, a team full of players on loan, playing against our biggest rivals, the jigsaw falls into place for the biggest fairy tale happy ending in Scottish football history. I BELIEVE.:agree:God has saved this one especially for us. he allowed the titanic to sink,and 2 world wars to happen, he also let men walk on the moon and Hibs did not win the Scottish, but all of a sudden we are facing our nemisis..............and the Lord has saved it for us. Destiny Day awaits. ggtth:greengrin