PDA

View Full Version : Lets show why an Edinburgh Final is better than a Glasgow Final

Monts
17-04-2012, 12:45 PM
This is going to be a great occasion for Edinburgh, and Scottish Football.

Lets show that the Edinburgh Teams dont need to stoop to the levels of others and make if a good clean, classy final.

IMO we should revert away from the usual derby 'banter', and have no songs regarding paedophiles, mercer etc, and just have support for the team. The 'music man' song was being attempted by a small group at the semi but thankfully never got going.

We will have a great display at the start, making all neutrals take notice of us as fans. Lets show them what great fans we can be.

Also, i think it would be great if both sets of fans joined in a song just before kick off, showing discontent with the current OF set up in Scottish Football.

SRHibs
17-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Also, i think it would be great if both sets of fans joined in a song just before kick off, showing discontent with the current OF set up in Scottish Football.

You can't be serious?

Agreed about all the paedo and Mercer *****, but the day I sing along with a ****bo, is the day I die.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2012, 12:47 PM
:top marks

I couldn't agree more. Hibs fans are more than capable of keeping it out of the gutter, but what about our Yam friends? They will start their sectarian mini-Hun pish for a reaction no doubt.

hibbysam
17-04-2012, 12:48 PM

Lets show that the Edinburgh Teams dont need to stoop to the levels of others and make if a good clean, classy final.

IMO we should revert away from the usual derby 'banter', and have no songs regarding paedophiles, mercer etc, and just have support for the team. The 'music man' song was being attempted by a small group at the semi but thankfully never got going.

We will have a great display at the start, making all neutrals take notice of us as fans. Lets show them what great fans we can be.

I think just a simple "If you hate the old firm clap your hands" would work wonders!!

But after that ****** hearts and ****** everything about them.. as soon as that whistle blows everyone needs to be up for it and singing there heart out no matter what is sung.. take no prisoners, we are there to win this cup not be pals with our biggest rivals!!

:flag::pfgwa:flag:

pentlando
17-04-2012, 12:57 PM

Agree with most of your post, maybe not the bit about joining in song with them!

I agree we need to drop the paedophile nonsense, but that tune's a cracker to have a song too. Anyone got any suggestions how to change it into a 'clean' song?

Monts
17-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Not wanting to turn this into a debate on the morals of scottish football, as the main point of the thread is to show off how good the hibs fans are.

But the idea behind the song before kick off is that nobody is happy with how the SPL, SFA etc is running the game, but dont know how to protest without affecting hibs. How about a big song from 40,000 fans at the biggest game in Scottish Football, with a uk wide audience. It might just make them sit up and take notice.

17-04-2012, 01:06 PM

Totally agree that we shouldn't sing any of the rubbish about Mercer or the pedophiles that WERE at hearts but no longer are. I hate what Mercer did or tried to do to our beloved club but at the end of the day he is dead and we should not be celebrating a death no matter how much we hated the man, we are better than that and should be sticking to songs supporting hibs.

What is going to lift and inspire our players more? Songs about hibs? Or songs about peados and a dead man? I think we all know the answer.

Its great for the city and for Scotland as a whole to have a final that is old firm free and therefore free of sectarian fuelled hatred which embarrasses the whole Country and is one of the reasons that Scottish football is being made a laughing stock. It is up to both sets of supporters on May 19th to make it a fantastic occasion and to show the world that Scotland has more than two teams and have football clubs don't need to use sectarian bile to support their teams or get one over on the opposition.

I don't agree that we should join the jambos with anything, whether it be a anti-old firm song or protest etc. We might agree on it but on the day we are against each other and don't think I could do that.

Roll on 19th May - Come On the Hibeeeeeeeeeeees! :flag:

17-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Agree with most of your post, maybe not the bit about joining in song with them!

I agree we need to drop the paedophile nonsense, but that tune's a cracker to have a song too. Anyone got any suggestions how to change it into a 'clean' song?

:agree: Thought it was quite a catchy tune, if we can turn it into something positive about hibs instead of singing about a pedophile then it would be good for the final.

I couldn't agree more. Hibs fans are more than capable of keeping it out of the gutter, but what about our Yam friends? They will start their sectarian mini-Hun pish for a reaction no doubt.

Let them, let them carry on with their usual low life, mini hun bile, thats their problem. We should be above that and have more dignity. We don't have a sectarian element in our support or if we do then it is soo very small and i've certainly never experienced it at Easter Road or any hibs games i've attended. Lets keep it that way, we don't need to sink to that level to support our team, lets leave that crap to the OF.

Hibsdawg
17-04-2012, 03:21 PM
on May 19th......

Glasgow really will be the City of Culture!!!

(very funny, i think. must credit a maroon friend for saying it after the 2nd semi)

neilmartinrocks
17-04-2012, 03:34 PM
I don't agree that we should join the jambos with anything, whether it be a anti-old firm song or protest etc. We might agree on it but on the day we are against each other and don't think I could do that.

Roll on 19th May - Come On the Hibeeeeeeeeeeees! :flag:

this.
only time i wuid ever sing at hampden with a yamm wuid be at a scotland game.

Nakedmanoncrack
17-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Couldn't care less about a 'great occasion for Edinburgh' etc.
Only interested in Hibs winning ther cup, if we do it will be a truly great occasion, if we dont I won't feel in any way consolved by some kind of Edinburgh superiority.

adhibs
17-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Couldn't care less about a 'great occasion for Edinburgh' etc.
Only interested in Hibs winning ther cup, if we do it will be a truly great occasion, if we dont I won't feel in any way consolved by some kind of Edinburgh superiority.

was just goin to post that aswell. i'll be there to see us win the cup not for a big love in with the **** from gorgie

17-04-2012, 05:27 PM
was just goin to post that aswell. i'll be there to see us win the cup not for a big love in with the **** from gorgie

Of course we are all there to see hibs hopefully win the cup. We are not saying we are joining together with hearts against the old firm or anything like that. We HATE hearts, I think what people are trying to say is that everyone (apart from obviously OF fans) is glad to see neither of them in the final, makes its far more interesting and good for the Scottish game.

Most years apart from a few here and there, at least one of the old firm clubs is in the final, they are strong favourites to win it and most times they do. Without neither one there it makes it a far more unpredictable game and generates more interest from the neutrals.

adhibs
17-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Of course we are all there to see hibs hopefully win the cup. We are not saying we are joining together with hearts against the old firm or anything like that. We HATE hearts, I think what people are trying to say is that everyone (apart from obviously OF fans) is glad to see neither of them in the final, makes its far more interesting and good for the Scottish game.

Most years apart from a few here and there, at least one of the old firm clubs is in the final, they are strong favourites to win it and most times they do. Without neither one there it makes it a far more unpredictable game and generates more interest from the neutrals.

fair enough but to be honest its that a big game i dont see how people can be thinkn about puttin on a good spectacle or whatever else. my one concern for the day is that we win, nothin else matters at all

patlowe
17-04-2012, 05:43 PM
While I laud the ambition of the OP, I can't help but feel it's unrealistic, especially if Saturday is anything to go by. I heard two separate large groups singing the 'Edinburgh is wonderful' song walking to the semi last week so while I know the majority of the hibs fans are "better" than those from Glasgow, we have our fair share of bigots that will tarnish our name come cup final day.

Sammy7nil
17-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Also, i think it would be great if both sets of fans joined in a song just before kick off

I think a couple of numbers from one of Verdi's great opera would do the trick. :greengrin

Hibercelona
17-04-2012, 05:55 PM

Aye, but its all "just banter" mind. :blah:

No doubt they'll blame it on the Rangers fans that "snuck in". :rolleyes:

Hibrandenburg
17-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Ok before I start there's no way on this earth I'm gonna have a love in with them. But if you're gonna do it then do the Edinburgh song something along these lines:

Oh Edinburgh, is wonderful, Oh Edinburgh is wonderful

It's got the Hibs, got the Hearts and the cup

Oh Edinburgh is wonderful.

Oh god I think I'm gonna spew!

Saorsa
17-04-2012, 06:03 PM
I'd rather sing the Mercer song than join in anything with that lot,

nae thanks :bye:

huck f****s

Greendub
17-04-2012, 06:10 PM
I think a rendition of rudi's a refugee is inevitable.

PeeKay
17-04-2012, 06:12 PM
I always laugh at the assumption that an OF game is populated exclusively by people from Glasgow. If it was an OF final you can bet there would be plenty of buses going through from Edinburgh and the Lothians.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-04-2012, 06:53 PM
I know this probably won't be popular on here, but, due to the size of the occasion I think there will be a huge amount of football/drink fuelled bother throughout the Capital that w-end.

Tin hat on!

I'm_cabbaged
17-04-2012, 06:57 PM
I know this probably won't be popular on here, but, due to the size of the occasion I think there will be a huge amount of football/drink fuelled bother throughout the Capital that w-end.

Tin hat on!

Why the tin hat? It's a certainty that there is going to loads of bother.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Why the tin hat?

Its to protect me from the Yammish hordes!

joe breezy
17-04-2012, 08:26 PM
There are some okay Hearts fans but so many of them are bigots they are worse than the Huns.

So I don't go along with isn't a great non bigoted occasion

Rangers, Hearts, Airdrie all nazis to some degree

Hibrandenburg
17-04-2012, 08:29 PM

Tin hat on!
Sadly it's a reality,no need for a tin hat.

JeMeSouviens
17-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Don't forget that the Polis have the new "offensive behaviour" bill to play with and will be desperate to make an example of any non-OF fans. It's not a Glasgow problem doncha know ... :rolleyes:

carnoustiehibee
17-04-2012, 08:37 PM

Tin hat on!

The Jambo I know said they'll only be trouble if hearts loose, cause there not used to getting beat. Rolly eyes

hibs0666
17-04-2012, 08:48 PM

I don't give a monkeys what the game is like, I just want to win.

frasco
17-04-2012, 09:03 PM
agree that we should probably rise above it, but lets be serious here. That is never going to happen, and certainly not on this fixture out of all derbys.

Stanton
17-04-2012, 09:08 PM
I don't give a monkeys what the game is like, I just want to win.

As long as Hibs win ...I care not a jot about anything else :agree:...and as for sectarian free final :confused: there is not a hope in hell that the Pinko fans will observe that ...it will be Orangeism aplenty from them ...the Hibby's will not be sectarian in the slightest ....but by wearing green and being rivals of the Pinko's we will afterwards be tarnished as " one half of the Edinburgh sectarian problem " despite the reality that all the sectarian crap will be spewing from one end :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
17-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Hats off to the OP and in an ideal world I suppose what he suggests might even happen,

Whatever goes on on the 19th of May I sincerely hope it doesnt include the Mercer song, the music man song ... And especially the Edinburgh is wonderfull song ........ If folk want to sing that crap they should put on white hoods sod off to Mississippi and set fire to crosses ..... not bring disgrace and shame to our club at the biggest football match most of us will ever attend.

Apart from that the day ... for me at least .... will be about 3 things. Finally seeing Hibs win the Scottish cup, sticking the Yams superiority complex down their throats forever and supporting the team as best as I can from start to finish.

GGTTH

lyonhibs
17-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Some people seem awfy concerned with with how "The Great City of Edinburgh" comes out looking from this match. There will be 20k+ Jambos there, so immediately viewers will be put off by the bloodied dog turd colour of strip, before we get onto the she-beasts in the stands and "ditties" that "a vocal minority" will belt out.

In our end, there will be a fair few depressed auld men living in the past/wannabe 16 year old hardmen who sing Mercer songs or - even worse - The Edinburgh song.

People expecting the Edinburgh Male Vocal choir to chant in unison will be in for a rude shock, and frankly, while I will only sing songs that glorify and support Hibernian Football Club, other's won't and I'm not going to let it affect my day.