PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 18th of May.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Does anyone remember the night before the CIS cup final on easter road? The pubs were full of excited Hibs fans from all over the globe, meeting up for a huge pre match piss up. It was a fantastic night, singing and dancing into the wee small hours, i'd expect the same thing to happen again?

Who's coming? :flag:

BarneyBreslin
17-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Does anyone remember the night before the CIS cup final on easter road? The pubs were full of excited Hibs fans from all over the globe, meeting up for a huge pre match piss up. It was a fantastic night, singing and dancing into the wee small hours, i'd expect the same thing to happen again?

We done a mini pub crawl that night (Albion Bar, Four In Hand then Tamsons) and I'd imagine we'll be doing exactly the same routine this time round. Was good to get out the house the night before and settle the nerves with a few beers and some hibby chat.

SRHibs
17-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Sounds like a plan, although I wouldn't want to be too rough the next day - want to watch us pump the ****bos on a clear head!:aok:

mickki40
17-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Great night that was... but unfortunately I and some others will be in Hampden on the friday setting up another display. But will be back to E.R. if we win.

hibsbollah
17-04-2012, 11:31 AM
I wont be drinking (much) the night before. Want to be on top form... Save that for the day itself.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2012, 12:59 PM
I wont be drinking (much) the night before. Want to be on top form... Save that for the day itself.

You can do both, go on you know it makes sense. :wink: I do have to say, the night before the last cup final was one of the best nights iv'e had as a Hibby. :top marks

HibeeMG
17-04-2012, 01:13 PM
You can do both, go on you know it makes sense. :wink: I do have to say, the night before the last cup final was one of the best nights iv'e had as a Hibby. :top marks

It was a great night. :aok:

I didn't roll back to our hotel until 10 minutes before we were due to leave for Hampden! I was bloody knackered for the celebrations but they were worth it!

Pete
17-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Helping the in-laws (yams) move house that day. There might be a few "accidental" henry smiths with some crockery.

scott7_0(Prague)
17-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Billy from the bounce arranged a few tours of the stadium that day, which i took part in, then to the albion with a few from the group for a beer or 6.

Would be an opportunity again for Hibs to show the out of towners and their families the ground and history of Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2012, 01:52 PM
It was a great night. :aok:

I didn't roll back to our hotel until 10 minutes before we were due to leave for Hampden! I was bloody knackered for the celebrations but they were worth it!

What the hell, and more importantly where the hell was that club we went too? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Northern Hibby
17-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Drinking green pints of Skol in Four in Hand (shot of blue bols) on the Saturday night what a hangover on Sunday :-(

HibeeMG
17-04-2012, 02:10 PM
What the hell, and more importantly where the hell was that club we went too? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

If I remember rightly (and that cannot be guaranteed!) it was just down from the Bank Hotel/Radisson on the Royal Mile.

I seem to remember losing you's on the way out and ended up in some bird's flat.

Thank God you or Moray brought along a hip flask to ER for the celebrations otherwise I'd have collapsed!

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2012, 02:44 PM
If I remember rightly (and that cannot be guaranteed!) it was just down from the Bank Hotel/Radisson on the Royal Mile.

I seem to remember losing you's on the way out and ended up in some bird's flat.

Thank God you or Moray brought along a hip flask to ER for the celebrations otherwise I'd have collapsed!

I'm not sure if i imagined this, but it was like a dungeon inside, with many rooms some with live acoustic stuff going on? Then again, not sure if i dreamt this but i think i got a rickshaw back to whatever hotel i was staying that night? :confused:

Great night. :greengrin Seem to remember that bird you went home with, strange she had a huge adams apple, didnt seem to bother you though. :wink:

SRHibs
17-04-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm not sure if i imagined this, but it was like a dungeon inside, with many rooms some with live acoustic stuff going on? Then again, not sure if i dreamt this but i think i got a rickshaw back to whatever hotel i was staying that night? :confused:

Great night. :greengrin Seem to remember that bird you went home with, strange she had a huge adams apple, didnt seem to bother you though. :wink:

The Caves by the sounds of it. That's on Niddry Street. As is The Hive.

HibeeMG
17-04-2012, 02:52 PM

:shocked::lips seal

I was wondering why the Hampden seats were unusually uncomfortable the next day!

You didn't imagine the club being dungeon-like though, that's how I remember it.

Another laugh I remember was getting back to the hotel the next day and the young English lad that I'd given a lift up the road and was supposed to be sharing a room with, was fretting about where I'd been. I'd only just got divorced at the time and didn't need another load of grief!

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2012, 02:56 PM
:shocked::lips seal

I was wondering why the Hampden seats were unusually uncomfortable the next day!

You didn't imagine the club being dungeon-like though, that's how I remember it.

Another laugh I remember was getting back to the hotel the next day and the young English lad that I'd given a lift up the road and was supposed to be sharing a room, was fretting about where I'd been. I'd only just got divorced at the time and didn't need another load of grief!

It is a bit of a blur, but dungeon like is the best i can describe it, and bloody hot too. Good night though down easter road first, then a club a rickshaw :confused: and home. If carlsberg did nights out, that would be up there with the best nights. :top marks

JohnStephens91
17-04-2012, 02:58 PM

Sounds like it may have been either the Hive or Banshee Labyrinth as they are total dives. Banshee if there was loads of rooms and went over a few floors, the Hive if it smelled almost as bad as *********** and went over one level.

HibeeMG
17-04-2012, 03:07 PM
It is a bit of a blur, but dungeon like is the best i can describe it, and bloody hot too. Good night though down easter road first, then a club a rickshaw :confused: and home. If carlsberg did nights out, that would be up there with the best nights. :top marks

If you're all going out again this time Gary, give me a shout. It'd be good to see the Lancashire Hibs lads again.

Sounds like it may have been either the Hive or Banshee Labyrinth as they are total dives. Banshee if there was loads of rooms and went over a few floors, the Hive if it smelled almost as bad as *********** and went over one level.

Jeezo, I've got about as much recollection of it as BH. I just seem to remember queuing for a taxi afterwards on the Royal Mile and I hadn't walked very far so assume it must've been close to there. I think I spent about £100 that night which will give you an insight into my state of mind! :drunk:

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2012, 03:36 PM

No idea mate, never been before or since? :greengrin Dont remember a bad smell, but i was with MG. :wink:

MG we are talking about everyone coming up on the friday, i think its fair to say it will happen. :wink: We will finalise details nearer the time. :thumbsup:

cwilliamson85
17-04-2012, 03:50 PM
A few of my mates have decided to go out in Glasgow and crash at mine.

Hibs and Hearts fans going out the night before as the game will probably end our friendships for a couple of weeks.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2012, 03:54 PM
If you're all going out again this time Gary, give me a shout. It'd be good to see the Lancashire Hibs lads again.

Just booked the same hotel i had booked for the saturday for friday too. Its on pal. :party::party:

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-04-2012, 03:58 PM

Sounds like it would've been Nicol Edwards, spent some messy nights in there in years gone by!

HibeeMG
17-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Dont remember a bad smell, but i was with MG. :wink:

Didn't we drag Moray around with us at the time. He's not known for his staying power so bad smells were probably his fault! :ill:

Just booked the same hotel i had booked for the saturday for friday too. Its on pal. :party::party:

Quality! :partyhibb

hibbybrian
17-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Billy from the bounce arranged a few tours of the stadium that day, which i took part in, then to the albion with a few from the group for a beer or 6.

Would be an opportunity again for Hibs to show the out of towners and their families the ground and history of Hibs.

I'd be up for that :thumbsup:

Jack
17-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Karaoke in Tamson's the night before. I'll be there :-)

BoltonHibee
17-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Didn't we drag Moray around with us at the time. He's not known for his staying power so bad smells were probably his fault! :ill:

Quality! :partyhibb

I still haven't been to bed yet, pussies!:greengrin

bingo70
17-04-2012, 04:36 PM
I'll be needing a good solid dozen pints or so to help me sleep the night before, can barely sleep for thinking about it now so staying sober the night before the game doesn't even bare thinking about.

Pretty Boy
17-04-2012, 04:50 PM
The Four in Hand is my local these days.

Not wanting you uncouh English based Hibbies upsetting my genteel Friday night beverages come May.

Bristolhibby
17-04-2012, 05:07 PM
I'll be needing a good solid dozen pints or so to help me sleep the night before, can barely sleep for thinking about it now so staying sober the night before the game doesn't even bare thinking about.

This.

I will be in Swannys with various members of my family (all Hibbys). Jambos will not be spoken to. Will need a bellyfull to sleep that night.

J

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Just bringing this up to the top again, what are folk doing the Friday night before we win the cup?

Anyone fancy a huge piss up? :wink:

HibeeMG
14-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Aye, I'll be there. Name a time and a place and let the party start!

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Aye, I'll be there. Name a time and a place and let the party start!

Hi Matt, what about the persevere around 7 to 7.30pm?

HibeeMG
14-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Sounds like a plan. Who else you got coming up?

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2012, 10:24 AM

You have a PM. :greengrin

hibeeleicester
14-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Just bringing this up to the top again, what are folk doing the Friday night before we win the cup?

Anyone fancy a huge piss up? :wink:

Sounds tempting! :thumbsup:

Albanian Hibs
14-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Karaoke in Tamson's the night before. I'll be there :-)

that sounds very tempting. Was planning on staying local but a good sing song in tamsons could win it.

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Sounds tempting! :thumbsup:

The more the merrier. :thumbsup:

hibeeleicester
14-05-2012, 03:06 PM

Train gets into Waverly about 8pm on Friday! Sure i could fit in a Hibee pub crawl!:aok:

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Train gets into Waverly about 8pm on Friday! Sure i could fit in a Hibee pub crawl!:aok:

See you friday. :thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Could be tempted, doubt i'll get much sleep otherwise!

HibsMax
14-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Hi Matt, what about the persevere around 7 to 7.30pm?

That was a little quiet. :D

hibeeleicester
14-05-2012, 03:16 PM

Cant wait, i'm like a kid at xmas! :pfgwa

SRHibs
14-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Meeting the GF's dad on the Friday night for a few amicable drinks before the final - he's a Jambo. Might pop down to ER after for a few - without him, of course. :wink:

Dalkeith
14-05-2012, 03:43 PM

:thumbsup::party:

HibsMax
14-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Hi

There is a function on during the day but the room will be free by around 7.00pm, Plenty of space in the bar to mingle before you go through.

Thanks Paul.

:thumbsup:

Baw187
14-05-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm staying through in Glasgow on Friday to avoid travelling hassles. Getting wellied!

big-mo
14-05-2012, 06:48 PM
The Four in Hand are holding a pre-game ex-pats party on the Friday night. This is not only a party for anyone who has changed their name from Pat, but for any Hibees who have returned from anywhere around the world for the game, locals will also be welcomed. There may also be a few Hibs legends there, they will be playing in a charity match that evening.

hibbybrian
14-05-2012, 06:57 PM
The Four in Hand are holding a pre-game ex-pats party on the Friday night. This is not only a party for anyone who has changed their name from Pat, but for any Hibees who have returned from anywhere around the world for the game, locals will also be welcomed. There may also be a few Hibs legends there, they will be playing in a charity match that evening.

What time is the party kicking off Mo?

HibsMax
14-05-2012, 07:01 PM
What time is the party kicking off Mo?

According to the other thread, kick-off is at 7pm so the party won't be much before 9 I would think....but I don't know where the game is being held (relative to the pub).

blackpoolhibs
17-05-2012, 08:14 AM

See you in the percy tomorrow around 7ish pal. :party:

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-05-2012, 08:32 AM
According to the other thread, kick-off is at 7pm so the party won't be much before 9 I would think....but I don't know where the game is being held (relative to the pub).

The game is in Musselburgh mate. Im DEFO up for a ER pub crawl on the Friday night :aok::thumbsup::agree::greengrin:flag:

darwenhibby
17-05-2012, 09:42 AM
See you in the percy tomorrow around 7ish pal. :party:

Is it another fancy friends night out:confused:

blackpoolhibs
17-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Is it another fancy friends night out:confused:

You are not invited Duane, no children allowed. :na na:

darwenhibby
17-05-2012, 10:25 AM
You are not invited Duane, no children allowed. :na na:

:greengrin

down-the-slope
17-05-2012, 10:53 AM

No I don't :grr:

Because some great soft romantic gave his wife a surprise long weekend trip in Madrid for her Christmas....only realising his error the day before he was going to organise final tickets.....

So while you lot were partying the Friday night away...I was having a romatic dinner....and on the Saturday when you were sheltering from snow...I was sweltering outside the Estadio Santiago Bernabéu...trying to get tickets for the evening game...which I didn't manage either....then I got a pub with 3 sat feeds and settled down to wait for game...only for the eejit who had promised it would be no problem to then insist on the Liverpool irrelevent match (dislike Liverpool even more after that)....so I was reduced to a bus tour with Jambo mate giving me text updates of the score.....(anyone else I would never have beleived.....)

In fact I am now remembering that some people offered to book and pay for another weekend away for Me and Mrs DTS if we ever got to another cup final if that was the effect....:rolleyes:

ronaldo7
17-05-2012, 11:01 AM

OK then:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
17-05-2012, 11:03 AM
OK then:greengrin

See you about 7.30 ronnie. :thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Anybody fancying an earlier pint tomorrow? Think I'll be in City Limits from about 1400 before heading round to ER. I'll be the fat, bald guy with the white Hibs t-shirt on drinking Strongbow! :-)

blackpoolhibs
18-05-2012, 06:54 AM
I have been quite calm, sleeping very well since we got through against the Dons. Yet last night i hardly slept a wink, all night i tried and tried to get off to sleep, but nothing.

Setting off at 11.30, so should be in Leith by half 2. Will probably sleep tonight, helped by numerous bottles of Magners and Crabbies, topped up with a few Brandies. See you all later. :thumbsup:

Slicer
18-05-2012, 01:38 PM

Me + 3 heading down :thumbsup: