PDA

View Full Version : Be a movie star and help pay for our Scottish Cup Final Display

RIP
16-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Volunteers wanted for Sunday April 22nd from 9am to 12.30 to play the part of a Hibs crowd. Young, old, guys, gals, families, groups of pals all welcome. We have 20 people already and need a few dozen more. If we provide the right number of people, a donation of £1,200 will be made to Hibs12thMan/Sect43 for our display at the Scottish Cup Final

It will be interesting, fun, a great cause and a day you will not forget. The film is Doors Open by Ian Rankin. Not a Rebus story but an intriguing crime drama.

Dougie Henshall is a Hibby who goes along to watch the Cabbage and (just like Craig and Charlie Reid) loves standing wi his 2 mates in the Singing Section. The camera pans over to land on a stray Hibby in the same section also enjoying the game.

Upon leaving Dougie and this other lad bump into each other outside the Albion Bar. They get chatting and cook up the mother of all Arts heists. A real Ocean's 11 set around Edinburgh but kicking off at Hibs V Killie on Sunday 22 April.

Our mission - should you choose to accept it - is to supply Ian and his film company (owned by Stephen Fry) with a few dozen extras who will appear in the crowd scenes, filming from 9-12.30 after which we lunch with the crew. Then we enjoy the fitba and after the match, shoot a quick scene outside the Albion Bar

In exchange for your volunteering - The film company will pay £1200 which will buy 25 thousand green and white cards for an amazing cup final display on 19th May. On Sunday, probable meetup & parking at Old Leith Academy 8.45 am. Coach to ER. Filming starts at 9am at ER. 9-12.30 Lunch with crew. Smart football gear - tops, scarves. Over 16 but 14-16 with an adult OK

Can you help us? Pm if interested. We need to raise 5 dozen people in total by Wednesday night to go ahead otherwise the company will recruit randoms instead

GGTTH:flag:

RIP
17-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the PM's so far

It's really great some some volunteers are getting their friends and families involved - it will make it even more fun to enjoy the day as a group

hibees59
17-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Will we be guarenteed tickets for the final if we turn up :devil:

franks
17-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Could you keep us updated with the numbers. Haven't volunteered yet but if you're only a few short I would try and make it.

Read the book which was a really good read but can't remember anything about Hibs in it.

Great way to help pay for the display.

GreenCastle
17-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Sounds great! I am sure you will get several on here willing to help :agree:

The whole Hibs end at the final with a green and white card will be amazing to see :top marks

RIP
18-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Thanks Guys for stepping up to the plate - 25 so far - need 60 by the weekend.

It's going to be a hoot and just think how proud you will be when you see our cup final display knowing that you helped to make it happen

RIP
18-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Pm me full names and mobile numbers please. If any 14-16's please add name of school (legal reqt)

PatHead
18-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Pm me full names and mobile numbers please. If any 14-16's please add name of school (legal reqt)

Sorry don't know how to PM someone! Myself, 22 yr old daughter and 17 year old son interested. Are there still places?

frazeHFC
18-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Sorry don't know how to PM someone! Myself, 22 yr old daughter and 17 year old son interested. Are there still places?

There most likely still is. For future when you need to PM, click on the persons name and click 'private message', or go on notifcations > inbox to get to your PM central. :wink:

PatHead
18-04-2012, 07:23 PM
There most likely still is. For future when you need to PM, click on the persons name and click 'private message', or go on notifcations > inbox to get to your PM central. :wink:

Ta, do I still need to pm to register or just turn up?

frazeHFC
18-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Ta, do I still need to pm to register or just turn up?

PM Gogs43 with the full names of you all and mobile numbers.

RIP
18-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Thanks Fraze and thanks Pat - info duly received :thumbsup:

RIP
19-04-2012, 07:49 AM
Update
49 definites, 5 maybes - if you are swithering, stepping forward today could take us to our target

RIP
19-04-2012, 10:48 PM
62 amazing volunteers
Lads, lassies, auld yins, young yins.
A true Hibby family giving up their long lie for a guid cause
Thanks to all

PatHead
21-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Found this on tinternet

Stephen Fry has been cast as an art expert who gets mixed up in an underworld heist in a new TV film based on a novel by Rebus writer Ian Rankin.

The actor and presenter will play Professor Gissing in ITV1's Doors Open which is set in Rankin's home town of Edinburgh.Fry said: "I picked up Ian Rankin's breathless and ingenious thriller Doors Open at an airport a year or so back and as I read I just knew it would make a thrilling, charming and original TV drama. I also adored the character of Professor Gissing and a shamefully vain part of me refused to see anyone else in the role. I am so thrilled that ITV were of the same opinion".The story follows self-made millionaire Mike Mackenzie, played by Dougie Henshall, who attempts to swap a series of priceless masterpieces with forgeries.Filming starts in the Scottish capital later this month.

Wonder if Mr Fry will be there.

007 Mickey Weir
23-04-2012, 06:56 AM
How did this go?

frazeHFC
23-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Went fine. As expected there was just a lot of walking, going back, walking etc for 3 hours. But it was a good bit of banter though and i am looking forward to seeing it on tele.

RIP
23-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Fantastic team of volunteers.
Transport between unit base in Regent Road and Easter Road was excellent as was 3 course meal. Filming in stadium coincided with loud singing so might look good in the final film.

The £1200 will pay off the deficit from the semi-final display and put a hefty slice in the bank for May 19th. Planning meetings with Hibs start today. They are offering us a turnstile collection for Monday May 7th

RoxburghHibs
23-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Transport between unit base in Regent Road and Easter Road was excellent as was 3 course meal. Filming in stadium coincided with loud singing so might look good in the final film.

The £1200 will pay off the deficit from the semi-final display and put a hefty slice in the bank for May 19th. Planning meetings with Hibs start today. They are offering us a turnstile collection for Monday May 7th

What's the thoughts on the card display for the final? One observation from the Aberdeen semi final was that their display stood out more (white on red) than ours.

Any thoughts on a differnt shade off green card, or using white background with green used for the design?

Eitherway what a fantastic effort lads! :flag:

fit o' the walk
23-04-2012, 09:40 AM
What's the thoughts on the card display for the final? One observation from the Aberdeen semi final was that their display stood out more (white on red) than ours.

Any thoughts on a differnt shade off green card, or using white background with green used for the design?

Eitherway what a fantastic effort lads! :flag:Don't want to take anything away from you guys that done the semi display,but why dont you ask members on here to submit designs/ideas you might just see something that you think would be ideal,regardless i know you will do a great job for the Final. :flag:

Malthibby
23-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Was a good day & very handy income for the final display.
The shoot was based on a 3:1 win over Hearts so i'm off to the bookies with that.
Meant we were in with the noisy kids in section 43 & I felt about a 100. Couldn't even
get my half time nap so I'm looking forward to getting back to the peace & quiet of the FF.
Thanks to Gogs 43 for organising.
GG

At The Edge
23-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Was a good day & very handy income for the final display.
The shoot was based on a 3:1 win over Hearts so i'm off to the bookies with that.
Meant we were in with the noisy kids in section 43 & I felt about a 100. Couldn't even
get my half time nap so I'm looking forward to getting back to the peace & quiet of the FF.
Thanks to Gogs 43 for organising.
GG

Did you have the 0-7 tshirt on?
I hope you enjoyed the delights of S43 and we hope to see you again soon, we'll give you a flag next time or even a shot of the drum. :)

Malthibby
23-04-2012, 10:30 AM
I hope you enjoyed the delights of S43 and we hope to see you again soon, we'll give you a flag next time or even a shot of the drum. :)

Hah hah, the drum. Was hell on my tinitus:rolleyes:. I was sitting next to the t-shirt, & the .netter inside it.
Apart from the result, thoroughly enjoyable.
Cheers
GG

PatHead
23-04-2012, 10:32 AM

That was me! Signed by Cropley himself. (Malt Hibby was to my left)

PatHead
23-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Gogs

Thanks for organising an interesting day. Enjoyed it apart from the result. (I mean the 1-0 Killie not the 3-1 v Hearts)

Chuck Rhoades
23-04-2012, 01:30 PM
The display will be 100 times better than the last. We are using bigger card this time and will outline the display. Learnt from our mistakes from our first attempt.

fit o' the walk
23-04-2012, 01:45 PM
The display will be 100 times better than the last. We are using bigger card this time and will outline the display. Learnt from our mistakes from our first attempt. I'm sure you will do a great job AGAIN. I was just thinking to myself how great a huge banner held up at the end of the match saying........."1 MINUTE SINCE WE LAST WON THE CUP"

Onceinawhile
23-04-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm sure you will do a great job AGAIN. I was just thinking to myself how great a huge banner held up at the end of the match saying........."1 MINUTE SINCE WE LAST WON THE CUP"

Since 19/05 would be better imo.

Just hope its pro Hibs rather than anti hearts.

Chuck Rhoades
23-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Since 19/05 would be better imo.

Just hope its pro Hibs rather than anti hearts.

Its 100% pro Hibs and has no connection to Hearts whatsoever.

down-the-slope
23-04-2012, 02:07 PM

:not worth bite their hand off....I will be there as always so if help needed to 'shake a tin' im up for it

down-the-slope
23-04-2012, 02:10 PM
The display will be 100 times better than the last. We are using bigger card this time and will outline the display. Learnt from our mistakes from our first attempt.

Far far too hard on yourselves...great shot at it first time...very little I ever do I could not improve on with hindsight

You are making a great and positive effort on behalf of support and club...much preffer the positive attitude rather than negative moaning

RoxburghHibs
23-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Far far too hard on yourselves...great shot at it first time...very little I ever do I could not improve on with hindsight

You are making a great and positive effort on behalf of support and club...much preffer the positive attitude rather than negative moaning

Do you know if they are also doing a display?

Chuck Rhoades
23-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Do you know if they are also doing a display?

Yes we are doing a display.

RoxburghHibs
23-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Yes we are doing a display.

Hmmm so are THEY doing a display - I know WE are :greengrin

At The Edge
23-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Not as far as we know, they will however have a lot of scarf twirling :greengrin
They have never shown any interest in this type of stuff before, so i don't think they'll be starting at the final. unless Vlad has ordered it

Juice-Terry
23-04-2012, 03:45 PM
MacKenzie!!!

PatHead
23-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Can't believe all that filming for what at most will be a 1 minute shot coming out the ground and in the Mackenzie scene.

Just hope they caught my good side!

frazeHFC
23-04-2012, 04:14 PM
MacKenzie!!!

:faf:

Hibby D
23-04-2012, 10:03 PM

Hear Hear
:agree:

:hibees

ps Singing section - I love the drum :thumbsup:- can we hear more of it please?

frazeHFC
23-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Hear Hear
:agree:

:hibees

ps Singing section - I love the drum :thumbsup:- can we hear more of it please?

It's quality eh :thumbsup:

It is allowed into ER so will be there most of the time. Away games depends on what grounds allow them etc. But its class so hopefully as many as possible. :thumbsup:

hibsway
23-04-2012, 10:54 PM
MacKenzie!!!get that man a BABYCHAM :greengrin

RIP
14-09-2012, 01:24 PM
To: <gordon
Date: 13/09/2012 16:59
Subject: Re: Doors Open Release Date

Hi Gordon,

There isn’t a definite date yet but it will probably be in December. If you email nearer the time we will be able to give you a definite time and date. It will be shown on ITV so you could also keep an eye out on their website!

Regards,
Alice Spalding
(Sprout intern)

PatHead
18-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Seeing Dougie Hensall is on tv tonight made me wonder when this is on. His website says it is on at Christmastime.

October 17th 2012

October 17th 2012

Those involved in the drama Doors Open (http://www.douglashenshall.com/Douglas_Henshall_Doors_Open.html) went to a special screening in Soho last night. It is thought that the drama will be shown on ITV at Christmas time.
Those involved in the drama Doors Open (http://www.douglashenshall.com/Douglas_Henshall_Doors_Open.html) went to a special screening in Soho last night. It is thought that the drama will be shown on ITV at Christmas time.

RIP
18-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Seeing Dougie Hensall is on tv tonight made me wonder when this is on. His website says it is on at Christmastime.

I've got a note in my diary Kev to write to the Film co near XMAS

PatHead
04-12-2012, 01:11 PM
For anyone interested noticed it is on Sunday 23rd on ITV1 at 9pm. Opening scenes should include a bit of filming from Easter Road with 2 of the main characters sitting in front of S43 followed by footage of supporters walking along Albion Road. Programme is called Open Doors and thanks to the guys who organised it. Understand that covered a fair part of the budget for the only thing Hibs got right on that horrible day.

(Funnily enough haven't had a queue of agents at the door looking for the new Brad Pitt!)

RIP
09-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Thanks Kev - but just seen this press release saying it will be premiered on Boxing Day

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2012/12/itv1-sets-premiere-date-for-doors-open/

For all the 56 Hibby volunteer extras - you need to put both 23/12 and 26/12 in your diaries

Mackenzie!!!!!!!

PatHead
09-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Thanks Kev - but just seen this press release saying it will be premiered on Boxing Day

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2012/12/itv1-sets-premiere-date-for-doors-open/

For all the 56 Hibby volunteer extras - you need to put both 23/12 and 26/12 in your diaries

Mackenzie!!!!!!!

Not looking at that site for my tv info again.

There is me with my selection box all ready to sit and watch it on the Sunday too! Now I have to choose between Sarah Milligan and Mrs Brown v Doors Open after a wee bevvy having been to the football. Flippin heck.

I blame Mackenzie.

frazeHFC
10-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Not looking at that site for my tv info again.

There is me with my selection box all ready to sit and watch it on the Sunday too! Now I have to choose between Sarah Milligan and Mrs Brown v Doors Open after a wee bevvy having been to the football. Flippin heck.

I blame Mackenzie.

Don't walk on the road on your way to the football, that lass won't be happy!! :wink:

Looking forward to watching this, will be good to see a programme with a load of Hibees in it!

:flag:

Curly1875
10-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Get off the road!! :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
10-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Ian Rankin has tweeted Boxing Day at 9pm

Juice-Terry
12-12-2012, 11:27 AM
From the Bounce:

Just to let everyone know that back at the start of the year, a few brave souls got out there beds early on a sunday morning to do a bit of filming for a ian rankin tv programe called doors open, our time was rewarded by funds that were put towards the display at hampden, WELL? This will now be shown on ITV on Boxing day st 9pm!! Watch out for the hamdsome guy beside one of the actors inside the stadium!!!!

Well done to everyone that took part that day!!

GGTTH

Juice-Terry
12-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Watch out for the handsome guy beside one of the actors inside the stadium!!!!

That's not me by the way. I'm one of the several handsome guys outside Scorpio Leisure.

McKenzie!!!

:greengrin

chrisski33
20-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Its def on boxing day at 9 just seen ad on stv

Curly1875
26-12-2012, 09:16 PM
So who saw themselves?
I made a sly run past the camera :greengrin

frazeHFC
26-12-2012, 09:47 PM
So who saw themselves?
I made a sly run past the camera :greengrin

Right with you on that one as you know! :thumbsup:

Me and Curly1875 are doing autograph signings on Saturday for anyone interested. :greengrin

JohnStephens91
26-12-2012, 10:07 PM
My bright red hair made a couple of outstanding appearances, thankfully it's brown again so I won't get a rush of stalkers. Unfortunately no groupies though :boo hoo:

PatHead
26-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Cameras dinnae half make ye look fat!

Maybe its because I am. Only got a look at my good side at the Mackenzie shout, my back. Can't believe 3 hours of filming is over in less than a minute.

PatHead
26-12-2012, 11:24 PM
My bright red hair made a couple of outstanding appearances, thankfully it's brown again so I won't get a rush of stalkers. Unfortunately no groupies though :boo hoo:

By red take it you mean bright red, nifty bit footwork outside Albion Road garage?

Not bad programme.

hibsway
26-12-2012, 11:28 PM
spotted on iplayer :greengrin had to look a few times to recognise myself right next to the main characters :confused:

Famous5forever
26-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Our card display out did them we won the pre match battle and they can never take that away from us, i have taunted a few off them about that FACT but they are in denial as usual:flag:

plus we are above them this season and they dont like that as well.:pfgwa

JohnStephens91
26-12-2012, 11:33 PM
By red take it you mean bright red, nifty bit footwork outside Albion Road garage?

Not bad programme.

Haha yeah, in a green jumper and I was told to jog across the group because I had 'prominent and noticeable hair' I'm still trying to find my friend who came to his first Hibs match that day as he was on exchange from Canada, if only his hair was bright red too :greengrin