Craig_in_Prague
16-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Make that 2,0

Winston Ingram
16-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Who scored?:greengrin

Mikey_1875
16-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Wow. Wigans form of late surely means they will stay up! Much prefered to Blackburn and Bolton !

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Getting to the time of the season for the footy punting to stop!

LancashireHibby
16-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Thought it was a typo when I put the stream on just now!

BoltonHibee
16-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Thought it was a typo when I put the stream on just now!

Are you touching cloth now Matt?

greenlex
16-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Make that 2,0
First goal an absolute lesson in counter attacking. Seconds from an Arsenal corner and its in their pokey. :agree:

LancashireHibby
16-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Wow. Wigans form of late surely means they will stay up! Much prefered to Blackburn and Bolton !
As I work with one of those clubs, and another is my 'other' club apart from Hibs, this relegation battle isn't doing me much good!

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Thought there had to be some reason for the money getting spent on Wigan North Western station. Another season in the premiership it is then :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
16-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Some saves that wigan keeper makes!

BoltonHibee
16-04-2012, 07:18 PM

He had a great coach, our own Budgie

LancashireHibby
Thought there had to be some reason for the money getting spent on Wigan North Western station. Another season in the premiership it is then :greengrin
What money?! I saw no evidence of that this afternoon when trying to park up there to nip in for all of 2 minutes to pick up my train tickets for the cup final (bought online but don't trust the postie!). Apart from the car park that you can't get in to, of course!

Broken Gnome
If you'd ever have predicted a team with Gary Caldwell behind a central midfield pairing of James McArthur and James McCarthy would be gubbing Arsenal like this....

LancashireHibby
16-04-2012, 07:19 PM
He'd have been a Premier League regular for years had he not had Jaaskelainen in front of him at Bolton - he was unreal in the draw at Bayern in the UEFA the other year.

Pretty Boy
16-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Wigan always seem to find a bit form when they need to.

If they played like this all season they'd be in the top 10 easily.

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2012, 07:22 PM
What money?! I saw no evidence of that this afternoon when trying to park up there to nip in for all of 2 minutes to pick up my train tickets for the cup final (bought online but don't trust the postie!). Apart from the car park that you can't get in to, of course!

You on the wind up? The place is like a building site and has been for a couple of months, newly laid platforms, new concourse walls/cladding/new toilets etc etc

Craig_in_Prague
16-04-2012, 07:22 PM
2,1 and many goals to come me thinks

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Getting to the time of the season for the footy punting to stop!

Had a quick check of the odds for an Arsenal win about 5 mins before Arsenal scored - 15/8 with Ladbrokes, thought that was quite short, although quite likely now.

LancashireHibby
16-04-2012, 07:44 PM
You on the wind up? The place is like a building site and has been for a couple of months, newly laid platforms, new concourse walls/cladding/new toilets etc etc
Wasn't any evidence of that on Saturday when I was getting the train up, although I did notice the bit between the entrance and the platforms had been re-tiled. The whole place needs knocking down and starting again (Wigan as a whole, that is!)

HH81
16-04-2012, 07:46 PM
2,1 and many goals to come me thinks

Jinxed it :greengrin

HH81
16-04-2012, 07:49 PM
How many Wigan fans do you think have gone down tonight?

I reckon 150 tops...... :agree:

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Wasn't any evidence of that on Saturday when I was getting the train up, although I did notice the bit between the entrance and the platforms had been re-tiled. The whole place needs knocking down and starting again (Wigan as a whole, that is!)

I am there every month just about, last Friday being the latest plenty of money been spent. not least on the toilets!

LancashireHibby
16-04-2012, 07:59 PM
How many Wigan fans do you think have gone down tonight?

I reckon 150 tops...... :agree:
239. Got to remember the game was still the Saturday up until less than 3 weeks ago.

I am there every month just about, last Friday being the latest plenty of money been spent. not least on the toilets!
Must admit I usually travel via Bolton for the Hibs games but unfortunately I'm in Wigan every day of the working week. Far too many Scousers for my liking :wink:

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2012, 08:04 PM
239. Got to remember the game was still the Saturday up until less than 3 weeks ago.

Must admit I usually travel via Bolton for the Hibs games but unfortunately I'm in Wigan every day of the working week. Far too many Scousers for my liking :wink:

:agree: I found that also to be the case in Liverpool hence my move to Edinburgh where there are very few in comparison :greengrin

Greendub
16-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Scouser works in my work, for the cup final, he has asked to be a honorary hibee!!

Now everytime a jambo walks past he shouts "mon the hibs" :greengrin

hibeemikey21
16-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Cracking player. Total arse.

Was hidden away in Caldwells back pocket tonight - Van Persie then refused to shake hands with him.

HibbyAndy
16-04-2012, 09:02 PM

Was hidden away in Caldwells back pocket tonight - Van Persie then refused to shake hands with him.

So?

Wigan time wasted from the 1st whistle...Bit like Hearts did against Celtic.

The Voice Of Reason
16-04-2012, 09:04 PM

Dummy Tit alert - he must be related to that ginger pr!ck Neil Lennon.

PatHead
16-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Noticed that as well. Caldwell was immense tonight.

Hibernia&Alba
16-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Amazing. They've beaten Man United and Arsenal in their last two games and in the process have cost me 60,000 vbuttons. Wee rugby league playing bassas.

Great results, hats off.

jgl07
16-04-2012, 09:07 PM
So?

Rubbish they outplayed Aresenal for large parts of the match and fully deserved their win. Thye played penty of good football.

They have beaten Man Utd at home. They have won at Arsenal, Liverpool and would have won at Chelsea but for two dodgy offside goals.

The way that Caldwell dominated Van Persie made it clear that he was never Hibs Class.

Hibby Bairn
16-04-2012, 09:08 PM
So?

Including the two goals? Wigan were outstanding tonight. And VP should always shake hands.

col02
16-04-2012, 09:08 PM
I only seen the 2nd half but Wigan deserved to win imho as they put in a proper team performance. Wasn't a case of Arsenal being poor more so Wigan stopping them playing! Quite like Martinez as a manager so hopefully they are safe from relegation now.

hibeemikey21
16-04-2012, 09:09 PM
So?

They weren't wasting any time in the first 9 minutes!

Fair play to them, they did what they had to do - probably clear of relegation now. Van Persie on the other hand should show a bit of class and dignity in defeat. Looked like a petulant wee child, slapping Caldwells hand away repeatedly.

LancashireHibby
16-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Got to be fair to Latics, one hell of a performance (again). Fully deserved win, and in style too. Just hope QPR's form starts to drop soon.

Hibernia&Alba
16-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Got to be fair to Latics, one hell of a performance (again). Fully deserved win, and in style too. Just hope QPR's form starts to drop soon.

Are you a Wigan fan, LH? I see you're very local to them.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Had a quick check of the odds for an Arsenal win about 5 mins before Arsenal scored - 15/8 with Ladbrokes, thought that was quite short, although quite likely now.

Indeed it was too short. RVP was 7/4 with Ladbrokes to score first, i know he has scored a lot of goals for them, but, thats just ridiculous.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-04-2012, 09:33 PM

Whats the name of the boozer just slightly up the road from that station on the Wellgate Station side of the street? One of the biggest dumps i've ever set foot in!

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2012, 09:35 PM

Another classless prick when they lose just like Arse Winger

LancashireHibby
16-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Are you a Wigan fan, LH? I see you're very local to them.
Not a fan but I have a daily involvement, you could say! :wink:

Was always a Bolton fan growing up though and still go when it doesn't clash with Hibs games. Leigh is smack bang in the middle of Bolton and Wigan (7 miles each way) but, given the rugby/general town rivalry with Wigan, there aren't that many Latics fans here.

LancashireHibby
16-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Whats the name of the boozer just slightly up the road from that station on the Wellgate Station side of the street? One of the biggest dumps i've ever set foot in!
It was called Brunel's, not sure now. Utter dump, but what do you expect when even a couple of years ago you could get a pint of Stones' bitter for 85p!

The 'Station Cafe' opposite is a belter though, and is my new lucky breakfast stop having gone in there for the first time before getting the train to Hampden on Saturday!

Hibbie_Cameron
16-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Whinger not giving Wigan any credit for beating them either

The guy is a total plum

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2012, 09:39 PM

Dunno mate I have never set foot outside the station!

LancashireHibby
16-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Dunno mate I have never set foot outside the station!
Definitely a policy that I'd advise! :greengrin

HibbyAndy
16-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Another classless prick when they lose just like Arse Winger

:hilarious

Outstanding sir, Coming from a Liverpool fan:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dalglish is the biggest erse to grace world fitba:agree: Pick the bones oot that!.

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2012, 09:43 PM
:hilarious

Outstanding sir, Coming from a Liverpool fan:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dalglish is the biggest erse to grace world fitba:agree: Pick the bones oot that!.

:na na: I was just waiting for you to bite :greengrin

Anyhow King Kenny is still the King!

LancashireHibby
16-04-2012, 09:49 PM
If I were Van Persie, I'd try not to draw attention to the fact he was completely played off the park by Caldwell.

johnrebus
17-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Dummy Tit alert - he must be related to that ginger pr!ck Neil Lennon.

Do you really compare a world class player like Van Persie to the likes of Neil Lennon?

Get a grip.

PS

Maybe RVP is a Hibbie and knows all about Caldwell?

I wouldn't have shaken his hand either.

hibsbollah
17-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Love it how they play 3-4-3 and just pass teams to death. Wish more teams played like that.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-04-2012, 12:01 PM
It was called Brunel's, not sure now. Utter dump, but what do you expect when even a couple of years ago you could get a pint of Stones' bitter for 85p!

I made a complete dick of myself in there a few seasons ago. IIRC it was the last day of the league season the last time West Ham were in the championship, Christian Dailly had left us tickets at the JJB Reception, but, somebody else got them, so it was back to the pub. I spewed all over the bar floor, nobody batted an eyelid!

LancashireHibby
17-04-2012, 12:40 PM
I made a complete dick of myself in there a few seasons ago. IIRC it was the last day of the league season the last time West Ham were in the championship, Christian Dailly had left us tickets at the JJB Reception, but, somebody else got them, so it was back to the pub. I spewed all over the bar floor, nobody batted an eyelid!
Probably improved the place in all fairness! Think West Ham won that day to stop Wigan getting in the play offs or summat along those lines (remember watching it in a pub in Leigh before a rugby game).

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Probably improved the place in all fairness! Think West Ham won that day to stop Wigan getting in the play offs or summat along those lines (remember watching it in a pub in Leigh before a rugby game).

Aye, that sounds about right, they got their own back last season though!

Tynie01011973
17-04-2012, 04:53 PM
If you'd ever have predicted a team with Gary Caldwell behind a central midfield pairing of James McArthur and James McCarthy would be gubbing Arsenal like this....

Have been very impressed by James McCarthy this season - looks like he is developing really well as a CM.

Wouldn't be surprised if some bigger clubs don't come sniffing aroung in the summer.

Pity he chose RoI rather than Scotland tho :slipper: