PDA

View Full Version : Alex Thomson on Clyde1 (re Rangers and Scottish journos)

Winston Ingram
16-04-2012, 06:07 PM
http://radioplayer.clyde1.com/

For those who don't know this guy he has been reporting on this for Channel 4 News and is actually being a proper journalist rather than the erselickers that report on the OF currently.

Anyway the facts that he is actually a reporting things as he finds it and as a result is making the local yocals look like twats and as a result has been physically threatened by one journalist already.

edit: he's already ripping into Hugh Keevins

Hibernia&Alba
16-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the info on that. Did ever name the journalist who threatended him?

Winston Ingram
16-04-2012, 06:12 PM

Radio Clyde just told him not to name him on their station:confused:

DH1875
16-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Getting proper stuck into the Glasgow media :thumbsup:.

Winston Ingram
16-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Hugh Keevins soundng like an incompetent twat:top marks

edit: Keevins now trending on Twitter

MrSmith
16-04-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm completely embarrassed by this stupid panel - get into them Alex!

Beefster
16-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Do Clyde do a 'listen again' thing after the event? I've always wanted to hear Hugh Keevins getting ripped a new one.

Winston Ingram
16-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Alex Thompson completely ripped them

Keevins made a complete twat of himself and Roger Hannah pretty much just sh@t himself.

DH1875
16-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Do Clyde do a 'listen again' thing after the event? I've always wanted to hear Hugh Keevins getting ripped a new one.

He's all mouth now that the guy's gone :bsod:.

DH1875
16-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Stations going right down hill. There's a Yam *** on now banging on about yesterday and how they'll beat us. Keevens reckons they'll do us and came out with the line, next time Hearts beat them they get to keep them. Fud :grr:.

MrSmith
16-04-2012, 06:43 PM
He used a great sentence when Keevins tried to defend positions, it started something like, that is morally and completely (something) (something)....... ridiculous! Can't remember the full sentence but what a put down!!

Winston Ingram
16-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Here's the entire interview. Lasts about 20 mins :agree:

http://soundcloud.com/jinkylarsson/alex-thomson-on-clyd

grunt
16-04-2012, 07:11 PM
He used a great sentence when Keevins tried to defend positions, it started something like, that is morally and completely (something) (something)....... ridiculous! Can't remember the full sentence but what a put down!!"The moral ambiguity of that is absolutely reprehensible". Talking about Keevins' making excuses for lack of any Scots journalists who have come out against the threat to Tomo.

grunt
16-04-2012, 07:12 PM

http://soundcloud.com/jinkylarsson/alex-thomson-on-clyd Thanks. Fascinating.

Winston Ingram
16-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Keevns sayng why he didn't question Campbell Ogilvie 'he's a stand up guy' aka he's my mate:agree:

Beefster
16-04-2012, 07:31 PM

Thanks. Much appreciated.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Weegie mafia ripped a new one, well done Mr Thomson, tell it like it is!

HiBremian
16-04-2012, 07:46 PM

Many thanks. I've come across this Keevins attitude before - journos who have no idea what real journalism is about.

Beefster
16-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Everything that is wrong with Scottish football journalism was in that 20 minutes. A public figure not being questioned because he is a 'stand-up guy' is piss-poor.

Saorsa
16-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Everything that is wrong with Scottish football journalism was in that 20 minutes. A public figure not being questioned because he is a 'stand-up guy' is piss-poor.Rotten tae the core just like those who run the game. :agree:

MrSmith
16-04-2012, 08:16 PM
"The moral ambiguity of that is absolutely reprehensible". Talking about Keevins' making excuses for lack of any Scots journalists who have come out against the threat to Tomo.

Marvelous! What a put down. :aok:

Great bit in it where Alex Thomson said how he couldn't understand why the SFA/SPL and Campbell Ogilvy did not see sense in standing down to avoid any suggestion of corruption, until the investigation was complete.

Sammy7nil
16-04-2012, 08:20 PM

the name is available via google :wink:

Jim44
16-04-2012, 08:34 PM

He didn't ever mention the name but said that it was in the hands of the police and the name would come out in court.

CentreLine
16-04-2012, 08:53 PM
I thought it was interesting and quite correct that Thomson was concerned that no Scottish journo came out and condemned the issue of threats he says were made towards him. Not only should the media be up in arms about any threats towards Thomson but IMO it is more concerning that they pretty much ignore the fact Craig Whyte seems to be subject of a significant threat. It does not matter how odious a character he appears to be that is just obscene and should be roundly condemned. RFC should also have made it clear they disassociate themselves from in the strongest possible terms.

1875godsgift
16-04-2012, 09:04 PM

Fair f****s the guys no afraid to ask the relevant questions.

He really makes them sound like complete dickheads.

Keep digging Alex!

johnrebus
16-04-2012, 09:09 PM
I thought it was interesting and quite correct that Thomson was concerned that no Scottish journo came out and condemned the issue of threats he says were made towards him. Not only should the media be up in arms about any threats towards Thomson but IMO it is more concerning that they pretty much ignore the fact Craig Whyte seems to be subject of a significant threat. It does not matter how odious a character he appears to be that is just obscene and should be roundly condemned. RFC should also have made it clear they disassociate themselves from in the strongest possible terms.

Looks like Thomson may have made an arse of himself.

Threatened by a fake twitter account.............,

:cb

ScottB
16-04-2012, 09:09 PM

But that would put the other stand up guy and diehard Bluenose Saint Sir David Murray of Govan into the spotlight wouldn't it.

Murray's little pet 'journalists' still doing their jobs for him it would seem. Hopefully the end result of Thomsons work is most of em being drummed out.

In the mean time I'd say the time has come to stop buying ANY of these papers, not that any of them are worth reading as it is...

CentreLine
16-04-2012, 09:18 PM

:cb

Ooow! Now that would put a different complexion on his credibility as an investigative journalist if that was correct. I hope that is not the case because it will undermine all of his articles. As for the threat to CW, if he has been issued with a police letter then I think we can be sure it is serious and therefore deplorable

At The Edge
16-04-2012, 09:20 PM
The 2nd caller was a gem, he was a good reason why they should probably screen calls before they let them loose on air.

:greengrin

1875godsgift
16-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Everything that is wrong with Scottish football journalism was in that 20 minutes. A public figure not being questioned because he is a 'stand-up guy' is piss-poor.

" Campbell Ogilvie is a straight, honorable and honest man " :agree:

Aye right :aok:

:na na:

Iain G
16-04-2012, 09:28 PM
The 2nd caller was a gem, he was a good reason why they should probably screen calls before they let them loose on air.

:greengrin

I nearly spat out my breakfast listening to that caller, especially when Alex Thomson asked him a question "I think the answer you are looking for is no, pal"...

Good to see a half decent hack getting stuck in and showing up the Weegie journo's for what they are, publicists and appologists for the old firm.

Kevvy1875
16-04-2012, 09:38 PM

Very Interesting. Cannot wait until the said Journo is named and shamed in court. To Quote said Journo(commenting RE:Alex Thomson) 'Timmy Thomson needs a good Presbyterian slap'

Tells you all you need to know about that particular Journo. As mentioned you can find out on google who this 'Journo' is.

s.a.m
16-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Very Interesting. Cannot wait until the said Journo is named and shamed in court. To Quote said Journo(commenting RE:Alex Thomson) 'Timmy Thomson needs a good Presbyterian slap'

Tells you all you need to know about that particular Journo. As mentioned you can find out on google who this 'Journo' is.

I've googled it, and I've found about five different names so far.:dunno:

Where should I look for THE name?

EuanH78
16-04-2012, 09:41 PM
I would recommend everyone drops Alex Thomson an email to thank him for his continued work. When I did, he responded personally and was most appreciative of the support.

Kevvy1875
16-04-2012, 09:47 PM
I've googled it, and I've found about five different names so far.:dunno:

Where should I look for THE name?

Google 'Alex Thomson threatened'

Would give you a link but not sure if site rules would permit this.

Dan Sarf
16-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Thirteenth post down sounds authoritative (no idea if he's right)...

http://taboard.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=137005

Saorsa
16-04-2012, 10:13 PM
" Campbell Ogilvie is a straight, honorable and honest man " :agree:

Aye right :aok:

:na na:aye, and I'm Robert The Bruce

grunt
16-04-2012, 10:24 PM

Ooow! Now that would put a different complexion on his credibility as an investigative journalist if that was correct.
Thomson has responded to these allegations (about whether the twitter account was fake) by saying, "Just for the record - I obviously have more evidence than mere tweets real or no - which will be handed to police"

jgl07
16-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Thirteenth post down sounds authoritative (no idea if he's right)...

http://taboard.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=137005

It does look plausible given the ramblings that the deluded idiot has posted on his own blog.

grunt
16-04-2012, 10:27 PM
" Campbell Ogilvie is a straight, honorable and honest man "This was Keevins rather weak excuse. Thomson came back strongly, saying that the issue revolved around the fact that Ogilvie was conflicted, had nothing to do with his honesty. Keevins point was irrelevant.

cockneymike
17-04-2012, 06:32 AM
This was Keevins rather weak excuse. Thomson came back strongly, saying that the issue revolved around the fact that Ogilvie was conflicted, had nothing to do with his honesty. Keevins point was irrelevant.

Its a wee bit like watching an English club v Scottish club in a European game listening to Thomson v Keevins. Thomson in complete control of the mic, constantly on the attack scoring a few goals; and Keevins getting very little air time, and when he is allowed to speak he is on the defensive; and generally made to seem quite incompetent and silly.

Keep up the good work Alex!

Kaiser1962
17-04-2012, 07:05 AM
Its a wee bit like watching an English club v Scottish club in a European game listening to Thomson v Keevins. Thomson in complete control of the mic, constantly on the attack scoring a few goals; and Keevins getting very little air time, and when he is allowed to speak he is on the defensive; and generally made to seem quite incompetent and silly.

Keep up the good work Alex!

This was because he was right and the issues he raised were valid and legitimate.

keep the faith
17-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Just bumping this as everyone really should hear the incompetent glasgow jounos get a proper public spanking. Keevins made to look v silly indeed.

Good work Alex. Looking forward to this running and running.

magpie1892
17-04-2012, 06:22 PM
It does look plausible given the ramblings that the deluded idiot has posted on his own blog.

My information is that the person responsible is a drunken former journalist who posts whisky-fuelled rambles on his blog in the early hours.

Said former hack is quite fond of the word 'Presbyterian' in the threat and, oddly, that word appears twice in a different context in successive sentences on hib blog entry for 13 April. Ironically, a long, rambling post reeking of Bell's fumes, concluding that Thomson 'hadn't been thumped' - which was not the accusation.

Reading this blog used to be quite amusing in a 'Fred West dressed as Ronald McDonald' sort of way but I have to skim read it now as it's gone utterly moonbat.

green glory
17-04-2012, 06:38 PM
My information is that the person responsible is a drunken former journalist who posts whisky-fuelled rambles on his blog in the early hours.

Said former hack is quite fond of the word 'Presbyterian' in the threat and, oddly, that word appears twice in a different context in successive sentences on hib blog entry for 13 April. Ironically, a long, rambling post reeking of Bell's fumes, concluding that Thomson 'hadn't been thumped' - which was not the accusation.

Reading this blog used to be quite amusing in a 'Fred West dressed as Ronald McDonald' sort of way but I have to skim read it now as it's gone utterly moonbat.

Do you have a link to this blog?

jgl07
17-04-2012, 06:45 PM

http://leggoland2.blogspot.co.uk/

magpie1892
17-04-2012, 06:46 PM

http://leggoland2.blogspot.com/

Don't say I didn't warn you.

green glory
17-04-2012, 06:59 PM
The David Icke did football blogs, it would probably look something like this.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2012, 07:12 PM
He has the cheek to mention scams and morality, when thats all the huns have been guilty of doing and having none of for the best part of 10-12 years. :confused:

hibbybrian
17-04-2012, 07:16 PM

The writer was previously a journalist :rolleyes:

magpie1892
17-04-2012, 07:21 PM

I'm sure you're making some oblique point here, Mr C, but I'm not sure what it is..!

greenlex
17-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Has been a journalist or a has been journalist? :confused:

Kato
18-04-2012, 07:32 AM

I read two articles and came to the conclusion that he is a hypocritical prat.

jgl07
18-04-2012, 10:34 AM
I read two articles and came to the conclusion that he is a hypocritical prat.

I read one article and decided that he was a drunken bigot.

He must really dislike Graham Spiers.

magpie1892
18-04-2012, 10:41 AM
I read one article and decided that he was a drunken bigot.

He must really dislike Graham Spiers.

The site is all over the place (as you can see). He's not long retired. Has a 'reputation' (does 'drinky drinky' gesture).

None of the hun media like Spiers. Not entirely sure why, but he's quite nonplussed about it.

givescotlandfreedom
18-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Welcome to our world of cronyism and corruption, My Johnson. These clowns are no match for a journalist that can actually do some decent journalism.

bighairyfaeleith
18-04-2012, 10:50 AM

Love how he blames the administrators for not being able to promise the blue knights that the sfa/spl are not planning any more changes to league structure etc. How possibly could the administrator give that promise, surely they would need to seek clarification on these points from the SFA and SPL??

The man is quite clearly a trumpet of the highest order

lapsedhibee
18-04-2012, 10:55 AM
None of the hun media like Spiers. Not entirely sure why.

Isn't it because he was the first to break ranks, some years ago now, and suggest that Hun FC had a large bigot problem that they were doing nothing serious to solve?

jgl07
18-04-2012, 10:58 AM
The site is all over the place (as you can see). He's not long retired. Has a 'reputation' (does 'drinky drinky' gesture).

None of the hun media like Spiers. Not entirely sure why, but he's quite nonplussed about it.

They hate Spiers because they saw him as 'one of their own'. He was brought up a Rangers supporter. They see him as a traitor as he made more fuss about the events at Ibrox than the 'Celtic-minded' journos such as Hugh Keevins.