PDA

View Full Version : Jim Spence Breaking News/Possible League Reconstruction

Spike Mandela
16-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Jim Spence tweeting big news story breaking on Sportsound tonight at 6.10pm with implications for all of Scottish football.

Hmmmmmmm, i sense an anti climax coming up.

--------
16-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Jim Spence tweeting big news story breaking on Sportsound tonight at 6.10pm with implications for all of Scottish football.

They've struck out the penalty against Celtic yesterday and they're going to make them play it again?

SteveHFC
16-04-2012, 04:19 PM

Rangers going bust :greengrin

stokesmessiah
16-04-2012, 04:25 PM
I sense league reconstruction !

Golden Bear
16-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Rangers going bust :greengrin

Hertz players not getting paid until after Cup Final.

MSK
16-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Hertz players not getting paid until after Cup Final.:greengrin

hibsbollah
16-04-2012, 04:26 PM
I understand Chick Young takes it up the Gary Glitter.

ancienthibby
16-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Hertz players not getting paid until after Cup Final.

Spence is a complete jackass interested only in the reverberating sound of his own laughter!!:agree:

Bring back Kenny MacIntyre, I say!:agree::agree::agree:

persevere1875
16-04-2012, 04:29 PM
I understand Chick Young takes it up the Gary Glitter.

I thought he said Breaking news :wink:

Hibercelona
16-04-2012, 04:30 PM
"Hibernian FC win the Scottish Cup by default due to the folding of Heart of Midlothian FC".

How funny would that be? :tee hee:

SteveHFC
16-04-2012, 04:30 PM
"Hibernian FC win the Scottish Cup by default due to the folding of Heart of Midlothian FC".

:top marks

--------
16-04-2012, 04:34 PM

Very funny indeed, but it can't be that - if it doesn't involve at least on of the Gruesome Twosome, it can't possibly affect the whole of Scottish football.

In fact, anything not affecting the OF isn't news at all.

Hibercelona
16-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Very funny indeed, but it can't be that - if it doesn't involve at least on of the Gruesome Twosome, it can't possibly affect the whole of Scottish football.

In fact, anything not affecting the OF isn't news at all.

:agree:

No doubt the "breaking news" will be about some new rules "for the good of the SPL like" to save Rangers.

And there might be a a quick 5 second mention of that minor final coming up. :rolleyes:

Jim44
16-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Jim Spence Breaking News

iIm Spence breaking wind would probably be more interesting.

CmoantheHibs
16-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Wonder if Celtic have found a way out of Scottish football?With the huns going bust that would be tragic:faf:

Barney McGrew
16-04-2012, 04:42 PM
I sense league reconstruction !

Yup.

greenlex
16-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Lennon in a huff and is offski at the end of the season.

c31
16-04-2012, 04:45 PM
he tweeted that Hibs wouldn't allow a player on his show tonight..

Jack
16-04-2012, 04:46 PM
If its that big it will be on STV news at 6 :confused:

Titch
16-04-2012, 04:46 PM
What channel

Big_D
16-04-2012, 04:47 PM
he tweeted that Hibs wouldn't allow a player on his show tonight..

Apparently Craig Beattie is on though

Golden Bear
16-04-2012, 04:48 PM
What channel

Beeb Radio Scotland on 810 medium wave.

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Neill Lennon to resign as manager of Celtic to take up post as referees chief!

Part/Time Supporter
16-04-2012, 04:51 PM

"Default? The two sweetest words in the English language! De-FAULT! De-FAULT! De-FAULT! "

-- Homer Simpson

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701087/quotes

PaulSmith
16-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Beeb Radio Scotland on 810 medium wave.

As its a bit of a mare to navigate to...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/6407137.stm

--------
16-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Paul Hartley appointed official SFA Prophet?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17709705

Lofarl
16-04-2012, 04:53 PM
jim spence ‏ @bbcjimspence "Big breaking story coming up on Sportsound at 6.10pm don't miss it. It has implications for everyone in football in Scotland."

That will be Goal line technology then. A manager getting punted or fined does not reverberate for all Scotish fitba.

Sean1875
16-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Announcement of Rangers new owners or successful bidders or whatever?

Ringothedog
16-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Yup.

14 Team SPL next season with no relegation this year:agree:

SteveHFC
16-04-2012, 04:56 PM

:pray:

Mikey
16-04-2012, 04:56 PM
If its that big it will be on STV news at 6 :confused:

If no other channel has it then the first four words of this monumental story will be............

"BBC Sports understands that................." :rolleyes:

Sylar
16-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Referee strike, reconstruction or Rangers CVA/bidder updates are my three guesses!

hibee_girl
16-04-2012, 04:57 PM
jim spence ‏ @bbcjimspence "Big breaking story coming up on Sportsound at 6.10pm don't miss it. It has implications for everyone in football in Scotland."

That will be Goal line technology then. A manager getting punted or fined does not reverberate for all Scotish fitba.

Everyone in football means more than us in the SPL so will be either goal line technology or league reconstruction

Sean1875
16-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Everyone in football means more than us in the SPL so will be either goal line technology or league reconstruction

"Everyone in football in Scotland" Could very well just be the SPL, and i suspect it probably is. Surely goal-line technology would be big news by now and not left for Jim Spence to announce it to the world.

down-the-slope
16-04-2012, 05:00 PM
can someone just stick the 'big wow' on here...listning to real news

edit...SFA to set up own league system (maybe)...Beeb news

hibee_girl
16-04-2012, 05:00 PM
"Everyone in football in Scotland" Could very well just be the SPL, and i suspect it probably is. Surely goal-line technology would be big news but now and not left for Jim Spence to announce it to the world.

Everyone in football in Scotland surely includes all 4 divisions, not just the SPL.

Still we'll find out soon enough.

PaulSmith
16-04-2012, 05:02 PM

Could be but it would've been proposed at the last SPL meeting and voted on April 30th?

Saorsa
16-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Everyone in football in Scotland surely includes all 4 divisions, not just the SPL.

Still we'll find out soon enough.Tae the media everyone in fitba in Scotland is the OF

down-the-slope
16-04-2012, 05:03 PM
can someone just stick the 'big wow' on here...listning to real news

edit...SFA to set up own league system (maybe)...Beeb news

this IS the story.....

Hibs7
SFA looking to set up its own league system, if this would be fairer then it might just succeed, maybe they have been reading what supporters are saying and see an opportunity to gazzump the SPL.

Sean1875

Still we'll find out soon enough.
SPL, SFL, SFA, potato potatoe :greengrin As you say though, the announcment is imminent :panic:

s.a.m
16-04-2012, 05:05 PM
The BBC website has a new story, with Craig Whyte saying that he hsa no intention of attending his 'fit and proper person' hearing tomorrow. :dunno:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17733970

Don't suppose that affects anyone other than him, though.

down-the-slope
16-04-2012, 05:05 PM
this is apparently breaking news...for me if it means the end of 3 administrations and we end up with one...that will be progress...so long as it by and for all EQUALLY

Speedy
16-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Paul Hartley appointed official SFA Prophet?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17709705

What a truly terrible article.

Typos, wrong names used and the predictions were utter Nade.

cabbageandribs1875
16-04-2012, 05:08 PM
oh ffs alan preston :rolleyes: am away to do the dishes, i'l look for the goss on here

Northernhibee
16-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Well, that's not news, "considering".

Lofarl
16-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Yes but with a newco Rangers staying in the top league no doubt. Why does the sfa need to set up its own league? Why not just scrap the SPL and have it rejoin the SFL. The SFL to look after league matters with the SFA to look after national matters.

Saorsa
16-04-2012, 05:12 PM
this is apparently breaking news...for me if it means the end of 3 administrations and we end up with one...that will be progress...so long as it by and for all EQUALLYand the huns can start fresh with nae punishment at all, how convenient they could come up with it now :rolleyes:

PaulSmith
16-04-2012, 05:12 PM
I wonder if Rangers proposed punishment would still stand as how could the SFA punish a club under old SPL rules

Barney McGrew
16-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Only a cynic could possibly suggest this might have something to do with the OF losing the balance of power in the SPL now that the other ten have had the brass ones to finally stand up to them :rolleyes:

Sylar
16-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Been here and heard it all before.

It won't happen.

More hot-air pish.

R'Albin
16-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Been here and heard it all before.

It won't happen.

More hot-air pish.

:agree:

There will be no significant changes in Scottish football in years to come besides letting Huns2012 back in.

Saorsa
16-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Only a cynic could possibly suggest this might have something to do with the OF losing the balance of power in the SPL now that the other ten have had the brass ones to finally stand up to them :rolleyes:well if anything does come about the rest better no agree tae a ridiculous voting system. Those who agreed tae that at the setting up of the SPL want ****in' stringing up :bitchy:

Hibercelona
16-04-2012, 05:24 PM
I must have missed the "breaking news". Somebody care to fill me in? :confused:

Purehibee_MYB
16-04-2012, 05:45 PM
I assume this is it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17733762

Broken Gnome
16-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Delighted to that last email on the show got the laughter and ridicule it deserved.

Everything to do with those two clubs borders on the insane.

HiBremian
16-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Am I right in thinking that the 10 clubs wanting to change the 11-1 voting system to 9-3 at the 30 april meeting will be opposed by the soap dodgers and someone voting from the adhunistrators at Castle Greyskull? :dunno:

snooky
16-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Defunct Rangers can't get in the SPL next season
SFA - "What can we do?
:idea: Scrap the SPL we'll start a new league structure where all are welcome."

Get the Vaseline out boys, we're about to be shafted. :brickwall

--------
16-04-2012, 06:31 PM
well if anything does come about the rest better no agree tae a ridiculous voting system. Those who agreed tae that at the setting up of the SPL want ****in' stringing up :bitchy:

Yup.

If this IS a genuinely fresh start, designed with all the clubs interests in mind, then fair enough.

One thing - it does appear that both the "Gang of Ten" as the Weegie press so charmingly refers to the bulk of the clubs in the present SPL and the clubs in the SFL are getting well teed-off with the current set-up.

green is good
16-04-2012, 06:32 PM
If they are going to replace the SPL and SFL with a new national league setup then surely there is nothing to stop them bumping Rangers down to the bottom of the pile. :greengrin

Saorsa
16-04-2012, 06:34 PM
If they are going to replace the SPL and SFL with a new national league setup then surely there is nothing to stop them bumping Rangers down to the bottom of the pile. :greengrinaye right, I think the idea is mair so they can bump them back in at the top.

--------
16-04-2012, 06:35 PM
aye right, I think the idea is mair so they can bump them back in at the top.

You're a cynical bad man, Dan.

But I wouldn't say that you're wrong.

Saorsa
16-04-2012, 06:38 PM
You're a cynical bad man, Dan.

But I wouldn't say that you're wrong.Nowt but a nest of scheming *******s and OF stooges, I wouldnae trust them as far as I could throw a grand piano

IWasThere2016
16-04-2012, 06:49 PM
If (when) we win the SC and the Hun are not adequately punished then I will finish with the SPL (or successor). It will be easy to walk away IMO - and I expected many thousands of others will do likewise.

OF GTF!

Greendub
16-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Just makes you sick eh!

**** the OF!

number9dream
16-04-2012, 07:34 PM
SFA would love to take over but not sure SPL and SFL are just going to roll over.

Regan, Wotte & Levein all in favour of a "best v best" top league of 10, which is a worry.

Eyrie
16-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Very concerned that any new structure would allow the Huns to stay in the top flight, but I did like this last bit

"An invitation could be sent to all 42 clubs," he said. "If two or three don't want to come and join the new set up then that is up them."

Perfect opportunity for the Ugly Sisters to leave so Scottish football can thrive.

ScottB
16-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Very concerned that any new structure would allow the Huns to stay in the top flight, but I did like this last bit

Perfect opportunity for the Ugly Sisters to leave so Scottish football can thrive.

Their problem isn't leaving, it's having somewhere to go, and nobody wants them.

Seveno
16-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Maybe, just maybe, the SFA are under pressure from UEFA to sort the mess out and ensure that cheating on such a grand scale is not tolerated. I'm sure that Michel Platini must be aware of every detail of what has been going on.

Phil MaGlass
17-04-2012, 10:12 AM
If (when) we win the SC and the Hun are not adequately punished then I will finish with the SPL (or successor). It will be easy to walk away IMO - and I expected many thousands of others will do likewise.

OF GTF!

My sentiments exactly, I have had enough, it would be good to walk away from Scottish fitba after seeing Hibs win the cup. There really is nothing else left, the games on its last legs and certain parts of the media and certain footballing entities cant see past the OF, so nothing will change and thousands WILL leave the game.
Were now heading for end game and I hope it goes the right way, with the buns being relegated (even in a new set up) the voting structure needs to be sorted and teams in debt ala hertz cant go on buying players with money they dont have, its cheating. Its easier for me to walk away as I live in Holland, but I know Hibs fans and dons fans who are on the same wavelength.

Now's the day, and now's the hour;
See the front o' battle lour:
See approach the Old Firms pow'r--
Chains and slaverie!

--------
17-04-2012, 10:16 AM

OF GTF!

Sorry, TQM - are you saying that we win the Cup next month and you'll walk away and never come back?

All depending on what happens to Rangers?

Phil MaGlass
17-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Sorry, TQM - are you saying that we win the Cup next month and you'll walk away and never come back?

All depending on what happens to Rangers?

He is not the only one who thinks like this, there are I would say thousands (including non Hibs fans).
If the buns are allowed to walk back in, Im afraid it would be the last straw for many.

greenginger
17-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Maybe, just maybe, the SFA are under pressure from UEFA to sort the mess out and ensure that cheating on such a grand scale is not tolerated. I'm sure that Michel Platini must be aware of every detail of what has been going on.

I am sure everyone will have faith in the SFA to do the right thing. With President Campbell (E.B.T.) Ogilvie at the helm who could have any doubts of the SFA's ability to run an honest set up.

Has there ever been any disquiet raised by anyone over the behavior of any of the Clubs where he has been employed and acted as a Director over the past 30 plus years. :wink:

CentreLine
17-04-2012, 10:42 AM
He is not the only one who thinks like this, there are I would say thousands (including non Hibs fans).
If the buns are allowed to walk back in, Im afraid it would be the last straw for many.

Regretfully that is the feeling amongst a good number. The football authorities really have to get this right or spell the end of the senior game in Scotland as we know it. Nobody is demanding that the OF are not allowed to play, only that they play on a level playing-field and play by the rules. For me, that requires that any reborn Rangers have to bid, with all the others, for a place in the SFL and that the finance in the game are spread fairly. Not much to ask really.

--------
17-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Regretfully that is the feeling amongst a good number. The football authorities really have to get this right or spell the end of the senior game in Scotland as we know it. Nobody is demanding that the OF are not allowed to play, only that they play on a level playing-field and play by the rules. For me, that requires that any reborn Rangers have to bid, with all the others, for a place in the SFL and that the finance in the game are spread fairly. Not much to ask really.

I understand that. Pushing the directors of the Ten to dig their heels in - sort this out properly or we're leaving? - is probably the only way to make sure that this chance of changing things is taken and not let slip like all the others.

What would the SPL and OF do if the rest of the current SPL applied to join the SFL regardless? Just play against one another every weekend? Sectarian mayhem in Glasgow every weekend - Strathclyde polis would love that? Decamp to the EFL to start at the bottom there?

Lucius Apuleius
17-04-2012, 11:43 AM
I understand that. Pushing the directors of the Ten to dig their heels in - sort this out properly or we're leaving? - is probably the only way to make sure that this chance of changing things is taken and not let slip like all the others.

What would the SPL and OF do if the rest of the current SPL applied to join the SFL regardless? Just play against one another every weekend? Sectarian mayhem in Glasgow every weekend - Strathclyde polis would love that? Decamp to the EFL to start at the bottom there?

How many have got the cojones Dod? I fear most will crumble.

CentreLine
17-04-2012, 11:54 AM
How many have got the cojones Dod? I fear most will crumble.

:agree: And there'll be the end to it

lapsedhibee
17-04-2012, 12:15 PM
"An invitation could be sent to all 42 clubs," he said. "If two or three don't want to come and join the new set up then that is up them."

Would have preferred "get it up them" but it's a start. :wink:

LeithBoozy
17-04-2012, 01:01 PM
The announcement is about Hibs complaining about the jambo's handling any CUP-FINAL money. Vlad has called Hibs corrupt, Sir Tom farmer head of the Scottish mafia and Petrie a monkey, this one will run and run ! :greengrin