PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Cup Final Tickets (merged)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

RSS Bot
16-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Club to confirm details at end of week

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120416/cup-final-tickets-_2262950_2737658)

Leithenhibby
16-04-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm reading into this below as, ST holders will receive two each.

"As with the semi-final, Season Ticket Members will be the focus and priority for ticket sales."

I don't have a problem with that now as my best pals have said that will see me ok .... :devil:

Reaper
16-04-2012, 06:29 PM

"As with the semi-final, Season Ticket Members will be the focus and priority for ticket sales."

I don't have a problem with that now as my best pals have said that will see me ok .... :devil:

I disagree with it personally and I did even for the past eleven years when I did have a season ticket but hey ho, what can you do!

jgl07
16-04-2012, 07:11 PM

You would be hard pressed to read anything into that other than season ticket holders getting priority.

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2012, 07:13 PM
I disagree with it personally and I did even for the past eleven years when I did have a season ticket but hey ho, what can you do!

Why?

Leithenhibby
16-04-2012, 07:35 PM
You would be hard pressed to read anything into that other than season ticket holders getting priority.

:agree: I'm relaxed about the whole thing really :worried:

I have got a funny wee feeling that 2 per ST will be the news by friday.....

truehibernian
16-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Or you could follow Tom Soares on twitter.....he may give out a prize if he gets to 1000 followers.......I'm a technophobe & twitterphobic, but maybe Mr Soares could be persuaded to put up a couple of tickets if he reaches his goal ;-)

lyonhibs
16-04-2012, 07:40 PM
I have a best mate who's a ST holder, a semi final stub and a Membership.
Come what may re: ticketing arrangements I - along with most folk tbh - will be fine. As long the phone lines are manned and the website's servers are ready that is.

Mikey_1875
16-04-2012, 07:51 PM
After initial worry I think I have got all angles covered. If its two per ST have a mate who will see me ok but if its only one then there will definetely be a few thousand going to general sale and quite happy to cue all night for them, remember cueing from midnight/1am for Qos quarter final away tickets wasn't a bad laugh! Hopefully its two per ST to save the hassle of coming down from Aberdeen though! Generally think there will be very few people dissapointed though and the club will make a good few buck out of new STs and merchandise!

Reaper
16-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Why?

I just think one season ticket should = 1 priority ticket. Just my Opinion.

007 Mickey Weir
16-04-2012, 09:38 PM
To help get people to renew/ buy early they should say -

2012/13 STs get 2 tickets (10k)
2011/12 STs get 1 ticket (2k)

Then membership (2k)

Then general sale with those buying a ticket for Dunfermline game getting priority.(6/7k)

lyonhibs
16-04-2012, 09:41 PM

Then membership (2k)

Then general sale with those buying a ticket for Dunfermline game getting priority.(6/7k)

And people who took the time to go to the semi final but don't fall into any of the 1st 3 and because of distance won't be able to fall into the last category??

Cast in with the Johnny come lately's and Glory hunters in the public sale???

:devil:

I should add that I'm a member, so am not affected. However, I do think that holding a SF stub should - by itself, as long as you can prove you went - be a level of priority above "General Sale"

kenny-55
16-04-2012, 09:43 PM
also think folks who went to the semi final should get priority before public sale
season ticket holders 1
members 1
semi final ticket holders 1
then sale
simples

Scouse Hibee
16-04-2012, 09:47 PM

Ah sorry mate so do I. I think I misunderstood your reply to the post, I thought you were implying there should be no priority at all.

The Voice Of Reason
16-04-2012, 09:53 PM
also think folks who went to the semi final should get priority before public sale
season ticket holders 1
members 1
semi final ticket holders 1
then sale
simples

:agree: :top marks

007 Mickey Weir
16-04-2012, 09:55 PM
But for us to make money we need to sell tickets in top if the final. We need to shift STs and need an added incentive to do that. Why should the people that invest £405 for next season not get 2? They can then sit beside friends.

I agree that people that went to semi should also be rewarded so maybe have that as a stage after sales to members.

I do think that a good percentage of people at the semi will fall into the ST or membership category.

kenny-55
16-04-2012, 10:00 PM
yes perhaps season holder to get two is prob right
as long as the semi final fans are rewarded as well any ways should be enough to go around before a public sale
:thumbsup:

TornadoHibby
17-04-2012, 07:55 AM

Only because you think that might get you a better chance of getting a ticket for yoursefl given that you gave up your ST of eleven years and have no "big match ticket" priority any more! :rolleyes:

TornadoHibby
17-04-2012, 07:57 AM

Then membership (2k)

So those with a 2011/12 who have renewed for 2012/13 would get three tickets each under your "plan" then? :confused:

Priority should be based on supporting the club when we weren't in the Final and NOT doing something else NOW to secure a ticket when you know that you will get a ticket for the historic FINAL! IMO of course! :confused:

All you guys who have no priority due to historic or pre Final qualification pedigree of giving the Club financial support and are frantically now trying to secure some with these various permutations of "who should get how many tickets and why" Final tickets really should just sit tight and wait and see what you get as that is all you can do actually! :agree:

Saorsa
17-04-2012, 08:17 AM

Then membership (2k)

Then general sale with those buying a ticket for Dunfermline game getting priority.(6/7k)So people who buy a ST for 12/13 even if they are a new ST holder buying just because they are getting something out of it should get more tickets than those who have paid up this season and suffered some of the worst fitba in living memory, aye right. At the start of a season people who buy ST's do so in the knowledge that they will have priority for any tickets during that current season over anybody, no people who renew or only buy for the next just because they are getting something out of it now.

Mikey
17-04-2012, 08:25 AM
I wonder if there's any chance of them offering a payment plan option. Say over 9 months instead of 10 so the monthly payment will be slightly higher. It would certainly help shift ST's to people if they know they'll get a final ticket with it.

Even although it doesn't suit our group I hope they go for 1 ticket per ST/Membership as it'll help sell ST's for next season and that's vital to the club.

They've got time on their side so could probably do this without too much difficulty.

Pretty Boy
17-04-2012, 08:55 AM
I wonder if there's any chance of them offering a payment plan option. Say over 9 months instead of 10 so the monthly payment will be slightly higher. It would certainly help shift ST's to people if they know they'll get a final ticket with it.

Even although it doesn't suit our group I hope they go for 1 ticket per ST/Membership as it'll help sell ST's for next season and that's vital to the club.

They've got time on their side so could probably do this without too much difficulty.

It seems a sensible option if at all possible.

Whilst the club obviously have to try and maximise income on the back of the final and the demand that comes with it, I do wonder just how many season tickets it will help shift without a payment plan. £400 is a lot of money to find mid month, factor in another £30 for your final ticket and that's a pretty big outlay especially around the time when bills for the summer holiday are about to hit the mat etc.

The_Exile
17-04-2012, 08:56 AM

Was just about to post this, could shift thousands, I would defo go for this option if it guaranteed me and the wee man a final ticket, would have to make some major sacrafices over the next few months to afford it.

I reckon there's a hell of a lot of folk in my boat who can't afford the full whack in one go and can't/won't make the other sacrafices to be able to afford it, they could shift crazy amounts of ST's for next year on the back of this final if they were to go down this route.

Lucius Apuleius
17-04-2012, 08:58 AM
I can never understand this ST holders getting 2 because then they can sit with friends. Do they not sit with friends every week when they are at a home game? If so, how does their friend get a ticket for that?

1 for STs
1 for members
1 for shareholders
general sale.

Nothing against those at the semi but how does everybody prove it?

Juice-Terry
17-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Was just about to post this, could shift thousands, I would defo go for this option if it guaranteed me and the wee man a final ticket, would have to make some major sacrafices over the next few months to afford it.

I reckon there's a hell of a lot of folk in my boat who can't afford the full whack in one go and can't/won't make the other sacrafices to be able to afford it, they could shift crazy amounts of ST's for next year on the back of this final if they were to go down this route.

I think the last sentence is key. As many others have already pointed out, there is NO WAY Petrie will pass up the opportunity to shift LOADS of season tickets for next year on the back of the cup final (and rightly so). I wouldn't be surprised if 2012/13 ST holders get first dibs - and possibly two tickets each - before current ST holders get one each. As has also been pointed out, in light of this, it would not be surprising at all if a new deadline for a payment plan for next season's ST will be introduced. Although I'm a club member (and therefore fairly confident that I'll get a ticket), if the above happens I'll DEFINITELY buy a ST for 2012/13.

'Mon the Cabbage!

Hibbyradge
17-04-2012, 09:10 AM
I think the last sentence is key. As many others have already pointed out, there is NO WAY Petrie will pass up the opportunity to shift LOADS of season tickets for next year on the back of the cup final (and rightly so). I wouldn't be surprised if 2012/13 ST holders get first dibs - and possibly two tickets each - before current ST holders get one each. As has also been pointed out, in light of this, it would not be surprising at all if a new deadline for a payment plan for next season's ST will be introduced. Although I'm a club member (and therefore fairly confident that I'll get a ticket), if the above happens I'll DEFINITELY buy a ST for 2012/13.

'Mon the Cabbage!

If they offer 2 tickets each, folk will go halves on new season tickets so less would be sold.

Saorsa
17-04-2012, 09:11 AM
I can never understand this ST holders getting 2 because then they can sit with friends. Do they not sit with friends every week when they are at a home game? If so, how does their friend get a ticket for that?

1 for STs
1 for members
1 for shareholders
general sale.

Nothing against those at the semi but how does everybody prove it?Maybe it's because there's plenty room at ER every week and they turn up and pay at the gate for all these rotten games that no many people wanted tae go tae this season.

What if you have a friend in your group who is there every week but isnae a ST holder? Should people who bought a membership half way through the season or new (not renewing) ST holders who may have been naewhere near Easter Road this awful season (and maybe the one before) and are coming out the woodwork now only buying now because they're getting something out of it get a ticket over somebody who has been tae every rotten game this one just because they paid at the gate? If I get two my other will be going tae a mate who's been there at every rotten game this season and who was also at the semi-final.

Judas Iscariot
17-04-2012, 09:25 AM

1 for STs
1 for members
1 for shareholders
general sale.

Nothing against those at the semi but how does everybody prove it?

Ticket stub?

yeezus.
17-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Herd a few folk say it might be a free for all - didnae see that happening.

Pretty Boy
17-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Herd a few folk say it might be a free for all - didnae see that happening.

No chance.

That would fly in the face of everything Fyfe said yesterday about the club looking after season ticket holders.

Lucius Apuleius
17-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Maybe it's because there's plenty room at ER every week and they turn up and pay at the gate for all these rotten games that no many people wanted tae go tae this season.

What if you have a friend in your group who is there every week but isnae a ST holder? Should people who bought a membership half way through the season or new (not renewing) ST holders who may have been naewhere near Easter Road this awful season (and maybe the one before) and are coming out the woodwork now only buying now because they're getting something out of it get a ticket over somebody who has been tae every rotten game this one just because they paid at the gate? If I get two my other will be going tae a mate who's been there at every rotten game this season and who was also at the semi-final.

Disnae wash Dan, if the guy is there every week without a ST he should be standing in the queue with the rest of them. I don't dispute most guys who get 2 the spare 1 will go to a deserving cause, but a lot of them will go to burds and wives who never go. As it happens my missus does go (need someone to drive so i can bevvy) but I still do not, and never have, seen the right of a ST holder to get 2 tickets. Not going to affect me anyway coz I won't be there.

Bristolhibby
17-04-2012, 10:32 AM
For the members amongst us I quote

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20111216/hibernian-fc-club-membership_2262950_2549531

Members will get a unique Membership access card for Easter Road Stadium that they can load with games via the ticketing website FOR NO BOOKING FEE. Membership will also provide priority access to away games, Cup and European tickets!

Sweet!

J

Heedersnvolleys
17-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Ticket stub?

Surely no need for the old fashioned ticket stub, all semi tickets would have been bought through the clubs database so that should be evidence enough?

TornadoHibby
17-04-2012, 10:47 AM
I think the last sentence (OF ANOTHER POSTER'S COMMENTS?? :rotflmao:) is key. As many others have already pointed out, there is NO WAY Petrie will pass up the opportunity to shift LOADS of season tickets for next year on the back of the cup final (and rightly so). I wouldn't be surprised if 2012/13 ST holders get first dibs - and possibly two tickets each - before current ST holders get one each. As has also been pointed out, in light of this, it would not be surprising at all if a new deadline for a payment plan for next season's ST will be introduced. Although I'm a club member (and therefore fairly confident that I'll get a ticket), if the above happens I'll DEFINITELY buy a ST for 2012/13.

'Mon the Cabbage!

:rotflmao:

So no priority for 2011/12 ST holders who paid for their match tickets for last season BEFORE the current Scottish Cup campaign even started!? :confused:

Not even Rodders would buy into that "arse over tit" loyalty/reward system! :rolleyes: :greengrin:

Judas Iscariot
17-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Surely no need for the old fashioned ticket stub, all semi tickets would have been bought through the clubs database so that should be evidence enough?

Not in every case..

My mate bought our parties 7 tickets, he's a ST holder and had to wait until the public sale to get all 7 seats together & he didnt give any of our detail when buying them just his...

TornadoHibby
17-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Not in every case..

My mate bought our parties 7 tickets, he's a ST holder and had to wait until the public sale to get all 7 seats together & he didnt give any of our detail when buying them just his...

So yer mate would have all of the tickets recorded against his name and he would assume full responsibility for any misbehaviour etc of the 6 non ST holder semi final ticket users and for providing their personal details (names and addresses) etc for any purposes that Hibs deemed necessary re future ticket sales etc? :dunno:

DH1875
17-04-2012, 10:55 AM

Best pals?, you only need 1 ticket :greengrin.

Said all along I'd go for this and think the club have missed the boat when they didn't extend it to this week :agree:.

cwilliamson85
17-04-2012, 10:57 AM
I would leave next season ST out of this. If you have renewed / bought one then great but if you have and feel you have a right to a ticket for this years SC final you can jog on IMO.

If you have a season ticket this year you should get 1 ticket but you should be able to take as many season ticket numbers with you and get tickets together.

If you have a club membership same rules apply as above to season ticket holders.

If you bought a ticket to the semi final you get 1 ticket but if you can like above buy tickets with other people who have the above 2 or a semi final ticket.

Then general sale, 2 per transaction.

Heedersnvolleys
17-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Not in every case..

Can he not wait until general sale and buy the same 7 again? He may have the delemia as me though I suppose, I done the same for a party of 5 swithering whether to wait till general sale or at least guarantee myself one;-)

easty
17-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Not in every case..

You werent even there were you? :wink:

As we were going in on Saturday there was a lad trying to get rid of a spare ticket, we ended up giving it to the wee lassie playing the violin outside. Wishing I'd kept it now, if semi final ticket stubs will be used to get in before public sale.

Judas Iscariot
17-04-2012, 11:01 AM
So yer mate would have all of the tickets recorded against his name and he would assume full responsibility for any misbehaviour etc of the 6 non ST holder semi final ticket users and for providing their personal details (names and addresses) etc for any purposes that Hibs deemed necessary re future ticket sales etc? :dunno:

Indeed

Why the :dunno:

:confused:

Pretty Boy
17-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Not in every case..

Same for me mate.

I went in with 3 season tickets and walked out with 6 tickets. No details taken for the 3 'extras'.

DH1875
17-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Can he not wait until general sale and buy the same 7 again? He may have the delemia as me though I suppose, I done the same for a party of 5 swithering whether to wait till general sale or at least guarantee myself one;-)

Get yourself one and then try and buy the 5 when they go on sale. That way your still guaranteed a ticket and IF you do end up with one extra, I'll buy it :woohoo:.

Hermit Crab
17-04-2012, 11:35 AM
]Disnae wash Dan, if the guy is there every week without a ST he should be standing in the queue with the rest of them. I don't dispute most guys who get 2 the spare 1 will go to a deserving cause, but a lot of them will go to burds and wives who never go. [/B]As it happens my missus does go (need someone to drive so i can bevvy) but I still do not, and never have, seen the right of a ST holder to get 2 tickets. Not going to affect me anyway coz I won't be there.

100% agree with the bit in bold :agree:

Tom Hart RIP
17-04-2012, 11:43 AM
[QUOTE=RSS Bot;3183843]Club to confirm details at end of week

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120416/cup-final-tickets-_2262950_2737658)

Just got this reply back from Fife Hyland. If anyone can explain what it means I would be grateful. I hope whoever gets his job will speak plain English.

Thank you for your email. We will confirm ticketing details towards the end of the week. Season ticket membership will be our focus and priority and looking at potential allocations, will be the only way to guarantee a ticket.

Tom Hart RIP
17-04-2012, 11:47 AM

Just got this reply back from Fife Hyland. If anyone can explain what it means I would be grateful. I hope whoever gets his job will speak plain English.

Thank you for your email. We will confirm ticketing details towards the end of the week. Season ticket membership will be our focus and priority and looking at potential allocations, will be the only way to guarantee a ticket.

Ah.....just worked out what he means.

Pretty Boy
17-04-2012, 11:48 AM

Think he's only saying what everyone already suspects. If you have a season ticket you are 100% guaranteed a ticket. Everyone else might end up disappointed.

I've actually calmed down about the whole ticket thing now, there will almost definitely be a decent sized public sale if its 1 for season tickets and members so.if your willing to wear out your redial button, queue up from the small hours or hit the refresh button a lot on your computer then there's a good chance you'll be ok.

If not I'm sure the pubs on Easter Road will be good fun.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Seems pretty clear to me - you're only guaranteed a ticket if you are a ST Holder.

DH1875
17-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Tickets are already on sale. Club are selling hospitality packages for £180 in the main stand. No bad when you look at whats on offer :agree:.
(Doesn't say anything about having to be a season ticket holder either).

hulk
17-04-2012, 11:58 AM
I would leave next season ST out of this. If you have renewed / bought one then great but if you have and feel you have a right to a ticket for this years SC final you can jog on IMO.

If you have a season ticket this year you should get 1 ticket but you should be able to take as many season ticket numbers with you and get tickets together.

If you have a club membership same rules apply as above to season ticket holders.

If you bought a ticket to the semi final you get 1 ticket but if you can like above buy tickets with other people who have the above 2 or a semi final ticket.

Then general sale, 2 per transaction.

I am an existing season ticket holder and renewed for next year. Times are tough financially for everyone now but its the season ticket holders that the club rely on to buy players , invest for the forhcoming season. We make sacrifices to buy these and buy in ADVANCE knowing we get priority so IMO I believe that 2 tickets per existing s/t holder is reasonable - most of us will try and do the right things and give to a worthy hibs fan (rather than the wife / girlfriemnd as many suggest !)
There is a money making opportunity for Hibs and I believe those who are new to next year but don't have an existing s/t should get 1 ticket (not 2 otherwise flood gates will open and as suggested previously and folk will pool together to buy one ) - with memberships next that would still leave some for the public sale.

I agree membership should get some priority but would like to think my £400 paid a year ago was worth an extra ticket comapred top someone who paid £20 for an annual membership.

Northern Hibby
17-04-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm a Hibs fan but don't get to many games now as I live in Inverness, I know I'm at the back of the Que for tickets, and it's right but fingers crossed!

TornadoHibby
17-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Indeed

Why the :dunno:

:confused:

My aren't you getting a bit tetchy about something and nothing!? :wink: :greengrin

Because I felt that you were suggesting that Hibs were being careless in not keeping details of who got tickets for the semi final for some reason! :dunno:

Was that not what you were implying and, if not, what was the message you were imparting since I have clearly missed it if "if not" applies!? :confused:

Bristolhibby
17-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Seems pretty clear to me - you're only guaranteed a ticket if you are a ST Holder.

Members will get a unique Membership access card for Easter Road Stadium that they can load with games via the ticketing website FOR NO BOOKING FEE. Membership will also provide priority access to away games, Cup and European tickets!

Surely missing the members out.

J

Hibeesmad
17-04-2012, 01:40 PM
If you're not happy about it then u should have bought a season ticket! It's only fair..

ballengeich
17-04-2012, 01:58 PM
If you're not happy about it then u should have bought a season ticket! It's only fair..

That's a bit tough on those like me who don't have a season ticket because I often can't make Sunday games and lunchtime kickoffs can be tricky. I got to the semi-final and hope that the club has retained a record of this and will give me priority behind the season ticket holders.

Famous Fiver
17-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Solution.

Anyone who can produce a Cowdenbeath ticket stub is guaranteed a ticket.

Rest go on public sale.

That'll stop all the glory hunters, arrivistes, and hibs.net taleban in their tracks!

jgl07
17-04-2012, 02:47 PM
As we were going in on Saturday there was a lad trying to get rid of a spare ticket, we ended up giving it to the wee lassie playing the violin outside. Wishing I'd kept it now, if semi final ticket stubs will be used to get in before public sale.

They will not be used.

If they were there would have been an announcement to keep hold of the stub.

I expect to Petrie use the final tickets as part of a marketing campaign for 2012-13 season tickets.

They could also issue vouchers at the final two home SPL matches but I doubt if there will be much of a public sale.

scott7_0(Prague)
17-04-2012, 02:51 PM
My take on it is we will get 20,000+ tickets.

Current ST holders +1 then a general sale +1 gives people plenty of options to get a ticket.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Solution.

Rest go on public sale.

That'll stop all the glory hunters, arrivistes, and hibs.net taleban in their tracks!

Why should those who abused one our players, resulting in him getting a suspension get a ticket at all? :devil:

Famous Fiver
17-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Good point but wasn't Griffiths reaction to abuse he had previously received from fans at home matches ( including ST holders) and not as a result of any criticism he took at Cowdenbeath, other than the three failed attempts at taking a corner?

Oops, is that me barred from the final?

TornadoHibby
17-04-2012, 03:05 PM
Solution.

Rest go on public sale.

That the only game you've been at this season likes?! :greengrin

JimBHibees
17-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Good point but wasn't Griffiths reaction to abuse he had previously received from fans at home matches ( including ST holders) and not as a result of any criticism he took at Cowdenbeath, other than the three failed attempts at taking a corner?

Oops, is that me barred from the final?

Jeezo, you abused him at Cowdenbeath and ER. Give the boy a break. :greengrin

JohnStephens91
17-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Why should those who abused one our players, resulting in him getting a suspension get a ticket at all? :devil:

I was at Cowdenbeath as well, but I was working in the media section of the stand and the abuse Griffiths got was quite bad. Not as bad as Fenlon received from the Cowdenbeath fans. It was so bad I'm not repeating it. But to offer tickets to those at Cowdenbeath who have a ticket stub for the game is ridiculous. It should go in this order:
ST for this season and next season should get two tickets
Semi-final ticket stubs and club members get one ticket
Public sale two tickets

Beefster
17-04-2012, 03:08 PM
That's a bit tough on those like me who don't have a season ticket because I often can't make Sunday games and lunchtime kickoffs can be tricky. I got to the semi-final and hope that the club has retained a record of this and will give me priority behind the season ticket holders.

I don't want to really get into this but why would someone who can prove that they went to a single, high-profile cup game get priority over someone who has attended 10 PATG run-of-the-mill, mundane SPL games at ER this season? Doesn't make any sense to me. I would be astonished if semi attendees, without a ST or membership, got any sort of priority.

The one thing that I have noticed is that the vast majority of the differing suggestions, by coincidence, mean that the person making the suggestion would get a ticket. No matter what Hibs do, folk are going to cry about it.

lucky
17-04-2012, 03:18 PM
With ST sales going slow for next season its a cert that RP will cash in on the final as such i think it will be this

ST 2011/12 1 ticket
ST 2012/13 1 ticket
membership 2011/12 1 ticket
General sale

derekHFC
17-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Current Season Ticket Holder (2011/12) - 1 ticket
New Season Ticket Buyer (not inc current/renewed ST's) - 1 ticket
Current Membership 2011/12 - 1 ticket
Semi-Final Stub Holders - 1 ticket
General sale - free for all :greengrin

How many home games before the final? They may say that if you go to certain games, you'll get priority on cup final tickets therefore increasing the crowd at home matches :dunno:

green&left
17-04-2012, 03:35 PM
With ST sales going slow for next season its a cert that RP will cash in on the final as such i think it will be this

ST 2011/12 1 ticket
ST 2012/13 1 ticket
General sale

Pretty much. No chance will semi final tickets come into it. I bought 10 tickets in general sale and gave one name and address. And there will be thousand of folk (the majority i'd imagine) who won't have kept the ticket stubs.

Mikey
17-04-2012, 03:47 PM

ST 2011/12 1 ticket
ST 2012/13 1 ticket
General sale

I'd say that'll be absolutely spot on.

PaulSmith
17-04-2012, 03:52 PM
I'd like to think that Hibs will use this final to sell ST's for next season. If we're all Hibbys and want whats best for the club then it wouldn't be a problem.

Potentially sell an additional 5k ST's on the back of this final.

There will be a period of 2-3 weeks to allow fans to purchase a ST and guarantee a ticket for the final. As we get closer to the game demand will increase.

Good marketing.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2012, 03:56 PM
I'd say that'll be absolutely spot on.

Would that mean someone who has one for this season and renews for the next one, would he or she get 2?:confused:

Pretty Boy
17-04-2012, 04:00 PM
I'd like to think that Hibs will use this final to sell ST's for next season. If we're all Hibbys and want whats best for the club then it wouldn't be a problem.

Potentially sell an additional 5k ST's on the back of this final.

There will be a period of 2-3 weeks to allow fans to purchase a ST and guarantee a ticket for the final. As we get closer to the game demand will increase.

Good marketing.

I absolutely understand where people are coming from and it does make commercial sense.

If this was how things panned out I'm lucky enough that I could go and get a season ticket tomorrow if needs be.

However not everyone is in.such a fortunate position. I've said a few times £400 is a lot to pay unexpectedly mid month, add on a couple of kids and that's a bill topping £700.

Try to increase sales by all means but Hibs have to be careful not to turn this into a final for the 'haves' and 'have nots'.

hibbysam
17-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Why should people buying seasons for next season expect priority for this seasons cup final?

Who knows, next season we may have the best year in our history therefore meaning that season ticket was well worth while, You buy a season ticket to get priority for that seasons cup games not the season before..

I have many people who i've went to the football with this season who aren't season ticket holders but have sat through some real tough times this year, and also attended many away trips, who may be behind in the pecking order because someone is going to be going every week next year.. and Im a season ticket holder this year.

It should be:

This seasons ST holders - 1/2 tickets.. no sure how many seasons we have circa 4k? so 8000 tickets if 2..
Membership holders - 1 ticket.. maybe another couple of thousand?
General sale for the other 13,000 or so..

Plenty to go around.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-04-2012, 04:02 PM

Surely missing the members out.

J

Aye, I saw you posted that earlier, will probably be next on the list.

JimBHibees
17-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Why should people buying seasons for next season expect priority for this seasons cup final?

Who knows, next season we may have the best year in our history therefore meaning that season ticket was well worth while, You buy a season ticket to get priority for that seasons cup games not the season before..

I have many people who i've went to the football with this season who aren't season ticket holders but have sat through some real tough times this year, and also attended many away trips, who may be behind in the pecking order because someone is going to be going every week next year.. and Im a season ticket holder this year.

It should be:

This seasons ST holders - 1/2 tickets.. no sure how many seasons we have circa 4k? so 8000 tickets if 2..
Membership holders - 1 ticket.. maybe another couple of thousand?
General sale for the other 13,000 or so..

Plenty to go around.

I would think we would have between 7 and 8k season holders. So if they get 2 then potentially 14 to 16k if a full take up.

JimBHibees
17-04-2012, 04:09 PM
I absolutely understand where people are coming from and it does make commercial sense.

If this was how things panned out I'm lucky enough that I could go and get a season ticket tomorrow if needs be.

However not everyone is in.such a fortunate position. I've said a few times £400 is a lot to pay unexpectedly mid month, add on a couple of kids and that's a bill topping £700.

Try to increase sales by all means but Hibs have to be careful not to turn this into a final for the 'haves' and 'have nots'.

Good points about a lot to pay in the middle of a month.

Are existing season ticket holders who have not yet renewed able to still get a season via payment plan?

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2012, 04:10 PM
I would think we would have between 7 and 8k season holders. So if they get 2 then potentially 14 to 16k if a full take up.

Like you i'm guessing, but i'd guess at 6k season tickets sold this season. 2 each would see 12k at most, not everyone would take 2. Season tickets sold for next season is anyones guess, but if they got 1 and memberships too, it does not leave many for a general sale.

With all that considered, my guess is just the one ticket for this seasons, season ticket holders?

Pretty Boy
17-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Good points about a lot to pay in the middle of a month.

Are existing season ticket holders who have not yet renewed able to still get a season via payment plan?

Don't think so, my reading of the official site is that the deadline for everyone was April 8th.

JimBHibees
17-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Don't think so, my reading of the official site is that the deadline for everyone was April 8th.

Ok that is what I thought I just think possibly reopening this in light of the final situation would encourage more to take on a new season with the promise of a final ticket also.

JimBHibees
17-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Like you i'm guessing, but i'd guess at 6k season tickets sold this season. 2 each would see 12k at most, not everyone would take 2. Season tickets sold for next season is anyones guess, but if they got 1 and memberships too, it does not leave many for a general sale.

With all that considered, my guess is just the one ticket for this seasons, season ticket holders?

By the figures you are indicating if only new seasons (not renewals) got one final then I think that would still leave leave approx 5k or so for public sale.

12k (6k x 2) Existing seasons x 2
3k (3k x 1) New seasons non renewal x 1
2k (2k x 1) Membership scheme

5k public sale

Total 22k

Bristolhibby
17-04-2012, 04:33 PM

ST 2011/12 1 ticket
ST 2012/13 1 ticket
General sale

This is what I think will happen.

J

The_Todd
17-04-2012, 04:48 PM

My bank manager wouldn't agree.

Hibby70
17-04-2012, 05:01 PM
My guess is (in order of preference)
Season 11/12 - 1 ticket
Season 12/13 - 1 ticket (including renewals)
Members - 1 ticket
Home game v Killie - 1 ticket
Public sale

Wonder how many people are on the database in total?

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2012, 05:09 PM
By the figures you are indicating if only new seasons (not renewals) got one final then I think that would still leave leave approx 5k or so for public sale.

12k (6k x 2) Existing seasons x 2

5k public sale

Total 22k

If its 2 per current season ticket holder and we have as i said i'm guessing 6k, thats 12k. If we give any new season ticket holder 1 ticket too, we could shift quite a few over the next few days, guessing again 8k. There's 20k before memberships, like i said not many for the public sale. :wink:

The_Todd
17-04-2012, 05:21 PM
If its 2 per current season ticket holder and we have as i said i'm guessing 6k, thats 12k. If we give any new season ticket holder 1 ticket too, we could shift quite a few over the next few days, guessing again 8k. There's 20k before memberships, like i said not many for the public sale. :wink:

That's only assuming each ST buys 2 each. Not all ST holders may be able to go (mental, but I'm sure some will have reasons), then groups of STs such as families and groups of mates may not have a need for a second ticket as they're going in groups anyway. Other ST holders may miss the priority period as well meaning they'll have to join the queue as well (like if they're away or just plain dopey).

I'm just saying all this because I'm praying for a public sale, of course.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2012, 05:34 PM
That's only assuming each ST buys 2 each. Not all ST holders may be able to go (mental, but I'm sure some will have reasons), then groups of STs such as families and groups of mates may not have a need for a second ticket as they're going in groups anyway. Other ST holders may miss the priority period as well meaning they'll have to join the queue as well (like if they're away or just plain dopey).

I'm just saying all this because I'm praying for a public sale, of course.

I think the reasons i stated will be why current season ticket holders will only get 1 ticket each, giving the rest a chance in a public sale. :greengrin

skipster7
17-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Current ST holders should get 2,they have commited to the club already not in light of a cup final,this 1 each was part of the problem for the semi in 06.as Jim said http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/multiquote_40b.png (http://www.hibs.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3185714)
:agree:12k (6k x 2) Existing seasons x 2

5k public sale

Total 22k

Mikey
17-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Has anyone mentioned shareholders yet?? :greengrin

Saorsa
17-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Has anyone mentioned shareholders yet?? :greengrinaye, another rubbish idea :agree:

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Of course the key thing regarding a general sale will be whether existing and 2012/13 ST holders are allowed one ticket or two. If it's two, the general sale tickets will be like hens teeth, and good luck to everyone caught up in the carnage.

madabouthibs
17-04-2012, 07:01 PM
1 per season ticket, this season.
1 per new season ticket holder for next season.
1 per member.
1 per semi stub, if your on the database that is.
General sale.
Nice and easy. :greengrin

Me? I've got my semi stub, and my Ayr stub if they want that too, I'm on the database, and I make about 10 games a season.
If I don't get tickets for me and my 13yo lad I'll be absolutely disgusted, especially seeing as I know of at least 5 "glory hunters" of both teams that haven't been to a game for the whole season or seasons and will probably get tickets! :confused:

Reaper
17-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Ah sorry mate so do I. I think I misunderstood your reply to the post, I thought you were implying there should be no priority at all.

Nae probs. Hopefully after it's sorted we'll get tickets mate.

Beefster
17-04-2012, 07:10 PM
1 per season ticket, this season.
1 per new season ticket holder for next season.
1 per member.
1 per semi stub, if your on the database that is.
General sale.
Nice and easy. :greengrin

Me? I've got my semi stub, and my Ayr stub if they want that too, I'm on the database, and I make about 10 games a season.
If I don't get tickets for me and my 13yo lad I'll be absolutely disgusted, especially seeing as I know of at least 5 "glory hunters" of both teams that haven't been to a game for the whole season or seasons and will probably get tickets! :confused:

To be brutally honest, I don't think that you have any right to be 'disgusted' even if, as I suspect, semi stubs count for nothing. It's harsh but if you want to be treated differently from glory hunters, you could have bought a membership (which would have paid for itself without the cup final anyway).

The club seriously cannot win however they prioritise the sales.

Reaper
17-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Only because you think that might get you a better chance of getting a ticket for yoursefl given that you gave up your ST of eleven years and have no "big match ticket" priority any more! :rolleyes:

Not really mate I thought that when I had a season ticket. As I said just an opinion, didn't realise I wasn't allowed one.

easty
17-04-2012, 07:24 PM
To be brutally honest, I don't think that you have any right to be 'disgusted' even if, as I suspect, semi stubs count for nothing. It's harsh but if you want to be treated differently from glory hunters, you could have bought a membership (which would have paid for itself without the cup final anyway).

The club seriously cannot win however they prioritise the sales.

As could a ST holders +1, this is pretty much why I think ST holders should only get one ticket.

TornadoHibby
17-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Not really mate I thought that when I had a season ticket. As I said just an opinion, didn't realise I wasn't allowed one.

My comment is only an opinion too mate strangely enough!

Reaper
17-04-2012, 07:32 PM
My comment is only an opinion too mate strangely enough!

Fair enough but why the Rolleyes then?

TornadoHibby
17-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Fair enough but why the Rolleyes then?

Easy, because my opinion was influenced by an element of boredom by the number of people on here who don't appear to have any priority for tickets for the Final yet seem to think that those ST holders who help fund the playing squad costs for each season should give up something that they are entitled to (with a precedent for it from as recently as the semi final allocation but also previous years in similar situations)!

I'm of course alluding to the suggestion that the regular (and semi final allocation) of 2 priority tickets for 2011/12 ST holders should be reduced to 1 ticket each to allow more people who do not attend regularly now get a ticket for a historic event which is the only reason they want to attend!

Does that help?

easty
17-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Easy, because my opinion was influenced by an element of boredom by the number of people on here who don't appear to have any priority for tickets for the Final yet seem to think that those ST holders who help fund the playing squad costs for each season should give up something that they are entitled to (with a precedent for it from as recently as the semi final allocation but also previous years in similar situations)!

Does that help?

I dont think anyone has said that ST's shouldnt be guaranteed a ticket before anyone else? Untwist your knickers T.:rolleyes:

easty
17-04-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm of course alluding to the suggestion that the regular (and semi final allocation) of 2 priority tickets for 2011/12 ST holders should be reduced to 1 ticket each to allow more people who do not attend regularly now get a ticket for a historic event which is the only reason they want to attend!

Does that help?

You dont need 2 tickets. You personally require 1 ticket for the final, correct? But you're of the opinion that because you have a ST you should get one for you and one for a mate, a mate who obviously isn't a season ticket holder who could quite easily fall into the category I've put in bold above.

Beefster
17-04-2012, 07:52 PM
You dont need 2 tickets. You personally require 1 ticket for the final, correct? But you're of the opinion that because you have a ST you should get one for you and one for a mate, a mate who obviously isn't a season ticket holder who could quite easily fall into the category I've put in bold above.

The '+1' won't necessarily be a mate. It might be someone who lets that ST holder go to the games (financially, babysitting or any other way), it could be a kid or spouse who misses out on family time every time the ST holder goes to a game, it could be a relative who is too old/infirm/whatever to make it to the football much nowadays but would love to see Hibs win the cup.

There's this myth building that, if STs get two tickets, the '+1' doesn't deserve the spare. In a lot of cases, that's wrong (not that, if Hibs do go down the '2 tickets for an ST' route, anyone has a right to judge someone's worthiness for a ticket).

Reaper
17-04-2012, 08:00 PM

Does that help?

I never said they shouldn't get priority!

Weir7
17-04-2012, 08:01 PM
The '+1' won't necessarily be a mate. It might be someone who lets that ST holder go to the games (financially, babysitting or any other way), it could be a kid or spouse who misses out on family time every time the ST holder goes to a game, it could be a relative who is too old/infirm/whatever to make it to the football much nowadays but would love to see Hibs win the cup.

There's this myth building that, if STs get two tickets, the '+1' doesn't deserve the spare. In a lot of cases, that's wrong (not that, if Hibs do go down the '2 tickets for an ST' route, anyone has a right to judge someone's worthiness for a ticket).
End of the date outside of the season tick holders, we have struggled to get 2k walk ups. Based on this there will be plenty of ticks.

You could argue the 2k that went to the last derby get first dibs

easty
17-04-2012, 08:02 PM

Look Beefster, I clearly don't have a ST (couldnt afford it).....otherwise I'd not be saying a word about the 1 ticket/2 ticket debate.

I'm just saying that season ticket holders rightly get the priority, they should as they pay thier cash up front and they do so for many reason, one of which is ticket priority. Those who dont have a season ticket (or membership) should all be in the same boat.

If Hibs do offer 2 tickets per ST, as I do expect they will, then I'm no going to sit in my house greeting about it. Whats most important is that Hibs win the cup.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2012, 08:02 PM

:agree: We have had at most 10 thousand home fans this season, mostly less. There will be around 15 thousand fans who dont normally go at hampden, who gets the job of telling them who deserves a ticket and who does not?

TornadoHibby
17-04-2012, 08:05 PM

Although I will be using both tickets, which is entirely my own affair, you purposely miss the very obvious point that ST holders have been given at least 2 tickets each for every semi final and final that the club has reached in the long time that I have been a ST holder and will be treated similarly for the Final as they were for the semi final just past!

You also choose not to accept and appreciate the reasons why the Hibs Board give that "priority" to ST holders which has been clearly pointed out by a number of posters on this thread and on others since Saturday afternoon.

Whatever you think about any of this is actually irrelevent to the matter in point here as the Board will respect ST holders as they have done for a long number of years now as ST holders cash allows the Board to assemble the squad for the coming season ahead without necessarily having to use debt to do so!

If you choose to continue to ignore this then that is entirely up to you but I wonder what it is that you hope to achieve on here by doing so?!

ronaldo7
17-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Our initial allocation will be about 21k. We've got about 7.5k Season ticket holders, so 3 tickets each.

Sorted:aok:

Magnifique
17-04-2012, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=easty;3185871]You dont need 2 tickets. You personally require 1 ticket for the final, correct? But you're of the opinion that because you have a ST you should get one for you and one for a mate, a mate who obviously isn't a season ticket holder who could quite easily fall into the category I've put in bold above.[/]

As long as I get 2 you can all fight it out for the rest okaydokay :)

Reaper
17-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Although I will be using both tickets, which is entirely my own affair, you purposely miss the very obvious point that ST holders have been given at least 2 tickets each for every semi final and final that the club has reached in the long time that I have been a ST holder and will be treated similarly for the Final as they were for the semi final just past!

You also choose not to accept and appreciate the reasons why the Hibs Board give that "priority" to ST holders which has been clearly pointed out by a number of posters on this thread and on others since Saturday afternoon.

Whatever you think about any of this is actually irrelevent to the matter in point here as the Board will respect ST holders as they have done for a long number of years now as ST holders cash allows the Board to assemble the squad for the coming season ahead without necessarily having to use debt to do so!

If you choose to continue to ignore this then that is entirely up to you but I wonder what it is that you hope to achieve on here by doing so?!

Just wondering if you think people who have bought ST for next season should get any?

easty
17-04-2012, 08:10 PM

My best mate/dad/brother/uncle/next door neighbour isnt a ST holder, clearly I have self-preservation in mind. I'm not trying to fool anyone into thinking I'm against the 2 tickets per ST for any reason other than because it doesn't benefit me personally. But like I've said, if I don't get a ticket then that's life. I'll still be watching and supporting somewhere, and winning the cup is the most important thing.

TornadoHibby
17-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Just wondering if you think people who have bought ST for next season should get any?

Well as I've renewed mine a couple of weeks ago that would benefit me too but that will be a matter for the Board to decide during the course of this week!

Looking at it commercially though, I imagine that if someone has already or is prepared to shell out £400 or so to get a ST for next season, the latter group so long as they get a Cup Final ticket as well, then it would make financial sense for the Club to seriously consider allocating one ticket for each 2012/13 ST bought before the end of the priority period that they decide should apply. That would really only involve the Early Bird renewals and any renewed/bought since the Early Bird deadline date!

Reaper
17-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Well as I've renewed mine a couple of weeks ago that would benefit me too but that will be a matter for the Board to decide during the course of this week!

Looking at it commercially though, I imagine that if someone has already or is prepared to shell out £400 or so to get a ST for next season, the latter group so long as they get a Cup Final ticket as well, then it would make financial sense for the Club to seriously consider allocating one ticket for each 2012/13 ST bought before the end of the priority period that they decide should apply. That would really only involve the Early Bird renewals and any renewed/bought since the Early Bird deadline date!

Interesting point, I'm not sure it should entitle you to a ticket for this seasons Cup games but as I've bought one already, I'll not say no :greengrin

smurf
17-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Season Ticket holders pay their gate money for the season UP FRONT. It's a HUGE commitment from each and every supporter who does so. What else do we pay UP FRONT in advance? Very little.

The return for Season Ticket holders thus far this season has been one home victory since we dug deep in the current economic environment.

The club needs to reward this loyalty by demonstrating real benefits and reward to these season ticket holders by granting two tickets per Season Ticket.

Doing so proves the value of that commitment and rewards it.

A Season Ticket needs to prove itself as of ultimate value to our supporters.

The club can use the balance of allocation for incentives for new season tickets.

But let's not forget that the Scottish Cup Final is this season and it is this seasons (soon to be next seasons!) Season ticket holders who should be rewarded!

TornadoHibby
17-04-2012, 08:24 PM
I dont think anyone has said that ST's shouldnt be guaranteed a ticket before anyone else? Untwist your knickers T.:rolleyes:

I never mentioned ST's being "guaranteed a ticket", that was you that did that in the post that started this exchange.

My point, and that of several others now, is that ST holders get priority for at least 2 tickets for Hampden games involving Hibs and that is what you didn't like although you have now tempered your thoughts on that!

ps my knickers have never been twisted! :greengrin

TornadoHibby
17-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Interesting point, I'm not sure it should entitle you to a ticket for this seasons Cup games but as I've bought one already, I'll not say no :greengrin

I didn't say that it should, rather that the Board would decide! :wink: :greengrin

Greendub
17-04-2012, 08:38 PM
I think anyone who went to the semi should get a ticket, purely because we were all in that together.

Amongst the people I went with, I initiated the "let's go to the semi", afterwards I was ****ing buzzing for the final, I would be absolutely gutted if I never got a ticket.

IberianHibernian
17-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Were 2 tickets allowed for each STH at recent finals and semis ( if this is in fact true ) not just because against Livi and Killie ( and all semis ) were games where we had more than half the tickets ? Did STHs get 2 tickets against Celtic in 2001 ? I very much doubt it . From comments here it sounds like decision to give STHs 2 tickets has already been made and I realise it saves a lot of work in ticket office but hope some consideration is ALSO given to others who have supported club over the years too above all regular walk - up fans . There may be other groups too - ( in no particular order ) shareholders , those who gave money to club before FF stand was built , fans who have contributed to ERIN Trust and other similar plans , overseas fans who have bought Interactive season ticket packages , etc. etc. Maybe in future seasons , STHs would be guaranteed 1 ticket for finals with priority for 2 if they paid extra for cup matches ( present cup top up ) and fans ( STHs or walk up ) should be rewarded for attendance at all rounds ( is attendance at Cowdenbeath less important than at semi this year ? ) . Most important of all , let`s hope we`re having more of these debates in future years as it`ll mean we`re in more semis and finals .

hibee_girl
17-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Season Ticket holders pay their gate money for the season UP FRONT. It's a HUGE commitment from each and every supporter who does so. What else do we pay UP FRONT in advance? Very little.

The return for Season Ticket holders thus far this season has been one home victory since we dug deep in the current economic environment.

The club needs to reward this loyalty by demonstrating real benefits and reward to these season ticket holders by granting two tickets per Season Ticket.

Doing so proves the value of that commitment and rewards it.

A Season Ticket needs to prove itself as of ultimate value to our supporters.

The club can use the balance of allocation for incentives for new season tickets.

But let's not forget that the Scottish Cup Final is this season and it is this seasons (soon to be next seasons!) Season ticket holders who should be rewarded!

:top marks

hibee_girl
17-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Were 2 tickets allowed for each STH at recent finals and semis ( if this is in fact true ) not just because against Livi and Killie ( and all semis ) were games where we had more than half the tickets ? Did STHs get 2 tickets against Celtic in 2001 ? I very much doubt it . From comments here it sounds like decision to give STHs 2 tickets has already been made and I realise it saves a lot of work in ticket office but hope some consideration is ALSO given to others who have supported club over the years too above all regular walk - up fans . There may be other groups too - ( in no particular order ) shareholders , those who gave money to club before FF stand was built , fans who have contributed to ERIN Trust and other similar plans , overseas fans who have bought Interactive season ticket packages , etc. etc. Maybe in future seasons , STHs would be guaranteed 1 ticket for finals with priority for 2 if they paid extra for cup matches ( present cup top up ) and fans ( STHs or walk up ) should be rewarded for attendance at all rounds ( is attendance at Cowdenbeath less important than at semi this year ? ) . Most important of all , let`s hope we`re having more of these debates in future years as it`ll mean we`re in more semis and finals .

The final against Livingston I remember filling in a form requesting 8 tickets and I got all 8! The final against Celtic we must have been given at least 2 because I went with 2 non season ticket holders.

The only Hampden game I can remember us only getting 1 ticket for is the Hearts semi final and that was a disaster, the club won't take that chance again imo.

hibee
17-04-2012, 09:27 PM
I was in the shop today getting tickets and the staff were openly moaning about the number of "glory hunters" calling expecting to get a ticket because they had once bought a ticket a few years ago and were still on the database, never going to please everyone and no matter how much we discuss it the decision has probably already been made.

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2012, 09:30 PM
I don't know about number of tickets but I do know that since Saturday both me and my laddie (ST Holders) have a lot more friends who support Hibs than we both realised! :greengrin

hibee
17-04-2012, 09:42 PM
I don't know about number of tickets but I do know that since Saturday both me and my laddie (ST Holders) have a lot more friends who support Hibs than we both realised! :greengrin

I think that goes for all of us!

J-C
17-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Spoke to a mate who's spoken to Fyfe Hyland, looks like there might not be a general sale, they're looking to boost season ticket sales to guarantee final tickets, fingers crossed he's wrong eh! :confused:

hibee
17-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Spoke to a mate who's spoken to Fyfe Hyland, looks like there might not be a general sale, they're looking to boost season ticket sales to guarantee final tickets, fingers crossed he's wrong eh! :confused:

It would be great to be able to boost crowds for a whole season though on the back of this one game!

J-C
17-04-2012, 10:03 PM
It would be great to be able to boost crowds for a whole season though on the back of this one game!

True but there are a lot of folk who don't buy season tickets due to work and game times etc, I'm one of those, gave up season ticket last year due to missing too many games.

Andy Bee
17-04-2012, 10:07 PM

Never going to happen, they aint that short sighted.

jgl07
17-04-2012, 10:09 PM

That's what I suspected all along.

I am sure that members will get a shot but there will not be many of them: 250 max?

The whole thing will be set up to encourage season ticket sales.

The message will be 'Buy a season ticket for next season if you want a cup final ticket'.

Hibeesmad
17-04-2012, 11:10 PM
In all honestly its only fair for this seasons 'season ticket holders' and next seasons 'season ticket holders' to get priority and if they don't sell out then they go to hibs members and then people who are on the database and then general sale!

Personally I think the loyalty points thing is a good idea!

Hibeesmad
17-04-2012, 11:11 PM
There may be people who can't afford it or can't make the games due to travel, work etc. But at the end of the day them people can only hope that they can get a ticket, even though it may not seem fair!

Spike Mandela
18-04-2012, 03:45 AM
Never going to happen, they aint that short sighted.

Not so sure about that. Hearts season tickets went through the roof on the back of deals for tickets for previous Finals they were in.

Good oppurtunity for Hibs. Once you have the season ticket holders in they will hang around if the product is good enough.

HH81
18-04-2012, 04:27 AM
I have had three people text me asking for a final ticket. They are from Halifax and have been to a total of 2 games between them, not going to happen as I'm a member so will only get one (hopefully).

hibsforeurope
18-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Surely the statement from the club means that season tickets get priority, and rightly so. But the best mate, partner, family member, neighbour of a season ticket holder should not be part of this priority for tickets. Members and regular walk ups should get the chance to fight it out for some tickets.

Beefster
18-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Surely the statement from the club means that season tickets get priority, and rightly so. But the best mate, partner, family member, neighbour of a season ticket holder should not be part of this priority for tickets. Members and regular walk ups should get the chance to fight it out for some tickets.

Members will get a shot at a ticket - guaranteed. That's part of the reason that they bought a membership.

How do you differentiate between a regular walk-up and a gloryhunter?

hibsforeurope
18-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Members will get a shot at a ticket - guaranteed. That's part of the reason that they bought a membership.

A regular walk would go to as many games as work permits many of whome have posted here and a golry hunter thinks Hibs home ground is Hampden.

wee 162
18-04-2012, 08:07 AM
By looking at what tickets they've bought. If there's going to be a public sale you give people tickets in the order of how many tickets they've bought at ER in the last season. Call it a ballot if you want, but that's how the tickets should be allocated.

PaulSmith
18-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Not so sure about that. Hearts season tickets went through the roof on the back of deals for tickets for previous Finals they were in.

Good oppurtunity for Hibs. Once you have the season ticket holders in they will hang around if the product is good enough.

I agree and done in the right manner through a finance deal to make it more affordable.

littleplum
18-04-2012, 08:26 AM
A regular walk would go to as many games as work permits many of whome have posted here and a golry hunter thinks Hibs home ground is Hampden.

And how do you ensure the former will get tickets in the public sale ahead of the latter?

There seems to be a misapprehension that ST holders are going to be giving their spare tickets to their glory hunting friends, disinterested partners, or stray dogs they see wandering the streets. My spare will go to someone who is fully deserving of the ticket and who is not in a position to have a ST. There's no way I want to sitting next to anyone other than a passionate hibee on that day, someone who will feel exactly the same as me come the final whistle. I'm sure most ST holders will be the same.

scott7_0(Prague)
18-04-2012, 08:27 AM

Nah disagree.

A cup final for a Hibby is a family day, so if I am a season ticket holder and want to take my old-man or son then why cant i get an extra ticket for being loyal, at the end of the we have cca 5000 season ticket holders and will have more than 20,000 tickets available for the Final. plenty to go around.

I will go as far to say, everyone who wants a ticket will be able to get a ticket.

Beefster
18-04-2012, 08:47 AM

I meant how do the club differentiate? Until recently, folk could go to a game, pay at the gate and Hibs would be none-the-wiser about the supporter's identity. I'm not sure that they take any note now at the new PATG booths either.

By looking at what tickets they've bought. If there's going to be a public sale you give people tickets in the order of how many tickets they've bought at ER in the last season. Call it a ballot if you want, but that's how the tickets should be allocated.

What about those that have attended PATG games? Those who tend to have their tickets bought by someone on the database (if that's possible)?

The club won't want to spend the next five weeks administering a convoluted priority scheme that will still leave lots of people unhappy and will just lead to further arguments about 'worthiness'. IMHO, it'll be ST holders and members that get some sort of priority. Everyone else will have to take their chances. It'll be harsh for some PATG regulars but, to be honest, a membership cost £20 and gave benefits worth more than that, including a free game and cup final ticket priority - everyone had the chance to buy one.

wee 162
18-04-2012, 08:50 AM
And how do you ensure the former will get tickets in the public sale ahead of the latter?

There seems to be a misapprehension that ST holders are going to be giving their spare tickets to their glory hunting friends, disinterested partners, or stray dogs they see wandering the streets. My spare will go to someone who is fully deserving of the ticket and who is not in a position to have a ST. There's no way I want to sitting next to anyone other than a passionate hibee on that day, someone who will feel exactly the same as me come the final whistle. I'm sure most ST holders will be the same.

Nah disagree.

A cup final for a Hibby is a family day, so if I am a season ticket holder and want to take my old-man or son then why cant i get an extra ticket for being loyal, at the end of the we have cca 5000 season ticket holders and will have more than 20,000 tickets available for the Final. plenty to go around.

I will go as far to say, everyone who wants a ticket will be able to get a ticket.
Interesting juxtaposition of posts...

People always think that everyone is like them and will do the same thing. They aren't and they don't. That's the reason there should be clear and fair systems in place. In my opinion the fairest system for allocating tickets is to get them out to people who go to Hibs games. If there is some left after that by all means get them out to friends and family members of ST holders. Ignoring walk up fans who are putting their hard earned cash into the club but aren't in a position to get a season ticket is beyond short sighted and it damages the club imo.

SlickShoes
18-04-2012, 08:54 AM

And what if you are like me and don't live in Edinburgh so you mostly attend away games, am I less of a supporter? I have been to all the cup games this year and would be gutted not getting a final ticket.

calumhibee1
18-04-2012, 08:56 AM
IMO current ST and members should be first in line for tickets. Then I think they should guarantee them for next seasons ST holders. They're the ones who will be putting the money into the player budget this summer. The more incentive there is to buy a ST next year the better, and Hibs should be using it to boost sales of them as much as they can.

wee 162
18-04-2012, 09:02 AM
What about those that have attended PATG games? Those who tend to have their tickets bought by someone on the database (if that's possible)?

The club won't want to spend the next five weeks administering a convoluted priority scheme that will still leave lots of people unhappy and will just lead to further arguments about 'worthiness'. IMHO, it'll be ST holders and members that get some sort of priority. Everyone else will have to take their chances. It'll be harsh for some PATG regulars but, to be honest, a membership cost £20 and gave benefits worth more than that, including a free game and cup final ticket priority - everyone had the chance to buy one.
They have a database of who has bought tickets. I'm not saying for one second that it's full proof and will cover everyone, but if the system is ST holders and members only, someone who gets to half a dozen games a season (let's say someone who can only make Saturdays at 3pm for example) is completely shut out. Memberships are a reasonable stop gap, but they only got introduced a few months ago, it's not like they are in the consciousness of the majority of fans. The fact that they have appeared to frequently not work for getting entry hasn't exactly led to them getting a good press either (just people I go to games with have missed at least half a dozen kick offs this season due to having to trek round to the TO because their cards were rejected).

And they don't have to administer a complicated system. Ask for applications quoting all applicants reference number. Score the applications according to how many tickets they've bought. It's hardly rocket science. And it has the benefit of maybe encouraging those who aren't going to get STs to attend as often as they can.

wearehibernian
18-04-2012, 09:02 AM
Cant we play this game over two legs?
Probably still wouldnt satisfy demand...

littleplum
18-04-2012, 09:04 AM
Interesting juxtaposition of posts...

People always think that everyone is like them and will do the same thing. They aren't and they don't. That's the reason there should be clear and fair systems in place. In my opinion the fairest system for allocating tickets is to get them out to people who go to Hibs games. If there is some left after that by all means get them out to friends and family members of ST holders. Ignoring walk up fans who are putting their hard earned cash into the club but aren't in a position to get a season ticket is beyond short sighted and it damages the club imo.

Not a juxtaposition at all. The person I was talking about in my post was my Dad too and if he wasn't a lifelong hibby I wouldn't take him. I obviously can't speak for Scott7_0, or all ST holders, but the half dozen or so I know feel the same.

The point I was making is that part of the argument is that a general sale will ensure more 'genuine' fans will get tickets over 'glory hunters' as if ST holders will disproportionately give tickets to the latter compared to the ticket office. I don't agree.

wee 162
18-04-2012, 09:05 AM
And what if you are like me and don't live in Edinburgh so you mostly attend away games, am I less of a supporter? I have been to all the cup games this year and would be gutted not getting a final ticket.
To buy tickets for those games didn't you have to go through the ticket office like? I'm suggesting those who go get some priority. Others are saying that since it isn't dead simple then you just do a free for all after they've got their tickets.

Also, sorry to break it to you, but Hibs don't really care if someone goes to away games. They want you to be spending money on watching us at ER. That's not a view I share, but it's the way they look at it.

hibsforeurope
18-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Nah disagree.

I hope you are correct in this, The statement is making me nervous even though I took out a membership.

I still think 1 season ticket = 1 Final Ticket, and then family members/Friedns/partners/neighbours, who are not ST holders, can get tickets in the general sale.

SlickShoes
18-04-2012, 09:25 AM
To buy tickets for those games didn't you have to go through the ticket office like? I'm suggesting those who go get some priority. Others are saying that since it isn't dead simple then you just do a free for all after they've got their tickets.

Also, sorry to break it to you, but Hibs don't really care if someone goes to away games. They want you to be spending money on watching us at ER. That's not a view I share, but it's the way they look at it.

All we can really do is wait and see what the club decide and take it from there, most of the stuff here is just conjecture anyway! Good luck to everyone trying to get a ticket!

Beefster
18-04-2012, 09:25 AM
They have a database of who has bought tickets. I'm not saying for one second that it's full proof and will cover everyone, but if the system is ST holders and members only, someone who gets to half a dozen games a season (let's say someone who can only make Saturdays at 3pm for example) is completely shut out. Memberships are a reasonable stop gap, but they only got introduced a few months ago, it's not like they are in the consciousness of the majority of fans. The fact that they have appeared to frequently not work for getting entry hasn't exactly led to them getting a good press either (just people I go to games with have missed at least half a dozen kick offs this season due to having to trek round to the TO because their cards were rejected).

And they don't have to administer a complicated system. Ask for applications quoting all applicants reference number. Score the applications according to how many tickets they've bought. It's hardly rocket science. And it has the benefit of maybe encouraging those who aren't going to get STs to attend as often as they can.

It may not be rocket science but will probably double the cost of administering the ticket sale. And there are plenty assumptions in there about the functionality of Hibs' database. You seems to know more about it than me though so I'll take your word for it that individual sales are tracked (as opposed to someone either being on or off the database only) and easily reportable.

Everyone knew the score at the beginning of the season. Only ST holders are guaranteed big game tickets, whether that is Hearts away, a cup final, whatever. The normal scheme is to give ST holders 2 tickets each - again, that shouldn't be news to folk. The club added to the priority scheme mid-way through the season with the membership scheme - again, most folk who go to the games (or read the website) will be aware of the scheme. IMHO, folk have no justification for criticising the club if they go down the route of 2 for STs and 1 for members (or similar).

It really makes no odds to me what the club do, I and the folk I go with will get a ticket no matter what, but the club is going to be slaughtered at the end of the week, no matter what they do. That's not right.

eezyrider
18-04-2012, 09:29 AM

I agree. We've had all this with the previous finals and there wasn't a problem if you wanted a ticket for the match.

EZ

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2012, 09:35 AM
I agree. We've had all this with the previous finals and there wasn't a problem if you wanted a ticket for the match.

EZ

Not entirely true, but near as damn it. :agree: At previous finals with each season ticket holder getting 2 tickets, only a handfull of regular attendee's missed out.

HH81
18-04-2012, 09:44 AM
I have a feeling club members might not get 1 ticket for the final like the semi final.

JimBHibees
18-04-2012, 09:47 AM
I have a feeling club members might not get 1 ticket for the final like the semi final.

I think they will however how many members are there. I reckon we are talking a few hundred rather than say 1K so would be surprised if they didnt get any.

Billy Whizz
18-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Noticed Hearts have just realeased a statement. They are selling all their tickets based on Loyalty points and have said that it will be one ticket per person max!

hibs0666
18-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Yams are doing one ticket per person, priority given to those with the most points in their loyalty scheme.

TheEastTerrace
18-04-2012, 10:02 AM

They have to, priority for Cup Tickets was a benefit in the condition of sale of club memberships. If they go back on this then I, as someone who bought a membership because I work most Saturdays in another sport instead of a ST, will be straight on the phone to them.

As we don't have a loyalty scheme, ours will be pretty straight forward.

ST 2011/12
ST 2012/13
Club Members
Public Sale (if any left)

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2012, 10:05 AM
7,000 at Motherwell home match, last game before split, then here we are panicking over the allocation of 22,000 tickets.....

Baldy Foghorn
18-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Hibs should be marketing new season tickets very highly prior to May 19th....

the_ginger_hibee
18-04-2012, 10:06 AM

The club only really have two bands of supporters with priority – Season Ticket Holders/Season Ticket Purchasers and 2012 Members. Fair enough you’ve got comp tickets and shareholders but that shouldn’t dent the ticket quantities any. So for members not to get tickets your going to need all 22k tickets to go to Season ticket holders. That’s about 3 tickets per holder. That’s never going to be the case.

Members and Season Ticket Holders/Purchasers will be the only folk guaranteed tickets IMHO. The sooner ticket arrangements are confirmed however, the better. Then folk can really start worrying…. :greengrin

Matt92
18-04-2012, 10:10 AM
The loyalty points system they have in place seems pretty sound but we don't have one do we? At least not a proper already-in-use one.

We couldn't really just set one up now as there may be guys like me who have had season tickets sporadically over the years and various gate-paid games that won't be registered to new accounts?
I see they put emphasis on the end that new STs will be rewarded points....think that pretty much reads as if you are not a current ST holder and you buy one for 12/13 then you will most likely get a ticket!
I can see Hibs doing one per ST holder for this year and/or next. Then the rest dished out to memberships and I hope semi-final stubs. There will be very little space for public sale tickets! Maybe 5,000 tops. Looks like there will be a few campers!!

New ST members getting 1 ticket is a superb way for the club to boost their income as many casual fans will quite happily pay a £95-£350 odd premium if it can get them into Hampden. Quite literally a put your money where your mouth is situation.

Pretty Boy
18-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Personally I just wish the club would get the arrangements out there so everyone knows where they stand, what they have to do etc.

They must have a) had a contingency plan when we reached the semi and b) now know our allocation and have a plan as to how it will be divvied up.

I have no problem with Hibs trying to increase sales and make a bit cash on the back of a final appearance, however the longer this speculation, rumour and worry goes on the more likely it is no one will be happy with what they decide.

Matt92
18-04-2012, 10:15 AM
7,000 at Motherwell home match, last game before split, then here we are panicking over the allocation of 22,000 tickets.....
Against Kilmarnock we took between 23,000 and 33,000 and with this game being even bigger, plus probably a high neutral supporter demand, the allocation of 22,000 tickets is certaintly a panic.

Solution: renew or buy a ST.

JimBHibees
18-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Hibs should be marketing new season tickets very highly prior to May 19th....

I am sure that will happen with a new season and renewed season getting a final ticket. It would make no sense not to do this and can remember that they did this at the 2001 final also.

jgl07
18-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Against Kilmarnock we took between 23,000 and 33,000 and with this game being even bigger, plus probably a high neutral supporter demand, the allocation of 22,000 tickets is certaintly a panic.

Did you mean 32,000?

JohnScott
18-04-2012, 10:31 AM
The loyalty points system they have in place seems pretty sound but we don't have one do we? At least not a proper already-in-use one.

We couldn't really just set one up now as there may be guys like me who have had season tickets sporadically over the years and various gate-paid games that won't be registered to new accounts?
I see they put emphasis on the end that new STs will be rewarded points....think that pretty much reads as if you are not a current ST holder and you buy one for 12/13 then you will most likely get a ticket!
I can see Hibs doing one per ST holder for this year and/or next. Then the rest dished out to memberships and I hope semi-final stubs. There will be very little space for public sale tickets! Maybe 5,000 tops. Looks like there will be a few campers!!

New ST members getting 1 ticket is a superb way for the club to boost their income as many casual fans will quite happily pay a £95-£350 odd premium if it can get them into Hampden. Quite literally a put your money where your mouth is situation.

Reading that last paragraphs got me wondering if your on the board!
Just a thought: I've a photograph of thousands of empty seats in the visitors end of Tynecastle which should have been filled with Hibs fans. Given I WAS there despite not having a season ticket, should I get a cup final ticket? Nah, thought not!

col02
18-04-2012, 10:32 AM

Exactly! I assume given the great price incentive on offer for this Sundays match which is still important we will witness a full house given we have such high demand for 22,000 tickets at Hampden? :rolleyes:

JohnScott
18-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Exactly! I assume given the great price incentive on offer for this Sundays match which is still important we will witness a full house given we have such high demand for 22,000 tickets at Hampden? :rolleyes:

Well said. The guys who travelled to Inverness recently should be priority, season ticket holders or not!

Beefster
18-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Reading that last paragraphs got me wondering if your on the board!
Just a thought: I've a photograph of thousands of empty seats in the visitors end of Tynecastle which should have been filled with Hibs fans. Given I WAS there despite not having a season ticket, should I get a cup final ticket? Nah, thought not!

I'm with you. I went to Stranraer away in 1999 - I demand a ticket.

Billy Whizz
18-04-2012, 10:42 AM

I think you and I know the faces of the loyal band of 500/600 fans that go faithfully home and away through thick and thin. We should get 5 each as our reward

DH1875
18-04-2012, 10:47 AM
I think your all in for a surprise and that rightly or wrongly NEW ST holders for next year will get priority.
To be honest though, I don't know why they've made it so hard. How many NON ST holders were at the game on Saturday? Let's say about 7k , even if you give every ST holder 2 tickets (which they shouldn't) that leaves what about 6k tickets. The 7k non ST holders at Hampden should be entered into a ballot for the 6k tickets. Anyone without stubs, well your season ticket mates have all got 2 each. But then again though, their spare ticket is going to some guy from OZ or the US who hasn't been to ER in years. Even if the wee guy form Leith has only been to 1-2 games a season for the last 5 years, he's put more into the club than yer Mrs, Kid, brother or Uncle Bobby who's never been to a game.

wee 162
18-04-2012, 10:48 AM
It may not be rocket science but will probably double the cost of administering the ticket sale. And there are plenty assumptions in there about the functionality of Hibs' database. You seems to know more about it than me though so I'll take your word for it that individual sales are tracked (as opposed to someone either being on or off the database only) and easily reportable.

Everyone knew the score at the beginning of the season. Only ST holders are guaranteed big game tickets, whether that is Hearts away, a cup final, whatever. The normal scheme is to give ST holders 2 tickets each - again, that shouldn't be news to folk. The club added to the priority scheme mid-way through the season with the membership scheme - again, most folk who go to the games (or read the website) will be aware of the scheme. IMHO, folk have no justification for criticising the club if they go down the route of 2 for STs and 1 for members (or similar).

It really makes no odds to me what the club do, I and the folk I go with will get a ticket no matter what, but the club is going to be slaughtered at the end of the week, no matter what they do. That's not right.
If the clubs database isn't tracking sales then they aren't running the business properly frankly. That should be what they are using for their marketing. And it is not rocket science to get a report from a database, assuming they are tracking sales which they should be, then it should take approximately 5 minutes to get a report of all priority levels for everyone on it based on sales this season.

I'd also disagree with the usual being 2 per ST. That's never been the case at Tynecastle, Ibrox or Parkhead. It wasn't for the semi against Hearts in 2006. It wasn't the case for the Rangers semi in 2003. It wasn't the case against Celtic in 2001 either iirc. The only time it has been normal has been when Hibs are getting a substantially bigger allocation than whoever we've been playing or as at Hampden on Saturday when there is unlikely to be a sell out. Obviously this isn't one of these games.

My point is and remains that the club should be trying hard to reward those who go. Not just ST holders. Walk up fans are the ones you are liable to be able to change into ST holders. But a ST isn't practical for everyone, and the club has to recognise that. By all means focus on ST holders, but that shouldn't mean they are the only focus.

JohnScott
18-04-2012, 10:48 AM

So your admitting publicly that you weren't at Tynecastle when the club needed you lol

scott7_0(Prague)
18-04-2012, 10:54 AM
I hope you are correct in this, The statement is making me nervous even though I took out a membership.

I still think 1 season ticket = 1 Final Ticket, and then family members/Friedns/partners/neighbours, who are not ST holders, can get tickets in the general sale.

SO how would it work if i am a ST holder and want to take my 5year old. I am in North Stand and he would end up in East behind the goals... :confused:

scott7_0(Prague)
18-04-2012, 10:57 AM

Solution: renew or buy a ST.

We couldnt sell our last allocation against Hearts at Hampden....

jgl07
18-04-2012, 11:02 AM

I did Stranraer twice that season. I demand two!

DH1875
18-04-2012, 11:02 AM
SO how would it work if i am a ST holder and want to take my 5year old. I am in North Stand and he would end up in East behind the goals... :confused:

But because your a ST holder your 5 year old deserves a ticket ahead of some guy who goes to 10/20 games a season :confused:. Might sound a bit harsh but off course he doesn't. They should have just about the same right to a ticket as each other and take their luck in the public sale.
I'd be VERY surprised if there even going to have a family section. It's NO Killie or Livi we're playing it's the Yams.

hibsforeurope
18-04-2012, 11:06 AM

The same as everyone else who wanted to take a non season ticket holder to the game.

scott7_0(Prague)
18-04-2012, 11:07 AM
But because your a ST holder your 5 year old deserves a ticket ahead of some guy who goes to 10/20 games a season :confused:. Might sound a bit harsh but off course he doesn't. They should have just about the same right to a ticket as each other and take their luck in the public sale.
I'd be VERY surprised if there even going to have a family section. It's NO Killie or Livi we're playing it's the Yams.

ok you do the maths to maybe see the logic.

5000 season ticket holders + 5000 attached to season ticket holders

22,000 tickets avail to Hibs

12,000 tickets for members and walk up fans...

Remember our average gate this season is below 10,000 and that includes the 5000 or so season ticket holders.

CropleyWasGod
18-04-2012, 11:09 AM
ok you do the maths to maybe see the logic.

5000 season ticket holders + 5000 attached to season ticket holders

22,000 tickets avail to Hibs

12,000 tickets for members and walk up fans...

Remember our average gate this season is below 10,000 and that includes the 5000 or so season ticket holders.

What is our ST number this season? I have seen various figures, and yours is the lowest I have seen.

Bristolhibby
18-04-2012, 11:11 AM

Why? One of the terms of membership is priority booking for Cup Games.

Pretty sure the Cup Final is a cup game.

J

Captain Trips
18-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Very difficult situation no way is it possible to have everyone happy. As I have no ST and I am only on database it is likely I will be involved in public sale to get mine. IMO I think it helps if current STs get 2 as you tend yo get more at a later stage on hete etc as some of the STs end up with extra. Here is hoping.

LeithBoozy
18-04-2012, 11:13 AM

Its alright for them, they have over 400,000 fans.:rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2012, 11:16 AM

It wouldn't and nor should it in my opinion, as a ST holder you should be entitled to one ticket and no more. I have said it on a previous post, I just don't get the logic why some ST holders think they should get two tickets. (I am a ST holder)

wee 162
18-04-2012, 11:17 AM
But we sold more tickets at that game than what our allocation for this game will be. The Scottish Cup final will not be one where debenture holders won't take up an allocation. Early doors on a Sunday it was.

scott7_0(Prague)
18-04-2012, 11:19 AM
It wouldn't and nor should it in my opinion, as a ST holder you should be entitled to one ticket and no more. I have said it on a previous post, I just don't get the logic why some ST holders think they should get two tickets. (I am a ST holder)

The logic is going on previous semi-finals and finals and supply & demand. Hibs will look to shift as many as possible as quickly as possible, whilst showing loyalty to season ticket holders, this loyalty will come in the way that they will reward them with an additional option for 1 more ticket.

wee 162
18-04-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm of the same view and have the same situation. If ST holders get more than one ticket I'll use it because I have deserving cases who will be struggling in the event of ST holders getting 2. If ST holders get one then they'll do fine in a public sale.

scott7_0(Prague)
18-04-2012, 11:21 AM
But we sold more tickets at that game than what our allocation for this game will be. The Scottish Cup final will not be one where debenture holders won't take up an allocation. Early doors on a Sunday it was.

Did we, 18,000 were at the semi if i recall correctly......... are you suggesting we will get less that 18,000 this time round :wink:

EH75
18-04-2012, 11:21 AM
The only problem with making it one per season ticket holder is that I suspect that a lot of season ticket holders will have friends who will want to go with them to the final who aren't season ticket holders, and this may result in a lot of ST holders waiting back until the public sale in an effort to get tickets together. If they made it two per season ticket holder this would go some way to solving this problem and I would also imagine most walk up people know someone with a season ticket and will be happy to take the second ticket rather than wait till the public sale.

As it stands if it is one per season ticket holder (which I suspect it will be), I plan to get a ticket through this to make sure I definately get one, and then also try to get one in the public sale so I can sit next to some of my mates who are not ST holders. If successfull I would then sell my other ticket (at face value obviously). Last thing I want to happen is to wait until the public sale so I can sit next to my mates and then not being able to get one due to demand and missing out completely.

greenlex
18-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Petrie should just take all the tickets up to the tiop of the Scott Monument and chuck them off. Everyone who wants one can then fight for them.

wee 162
18-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Did we, 18,000 were at the semi if i recall correctly......... are you suggesting we will get less that 18,000 this time round :wink:
The attendance at that game was 44,000 iirc. There wasn't 26,000 Hearts supporters because that would have meant their end was more than full and it wasn't. There were about 20,000 Hibbies there. And yes, that will be about our allocation for this game. Hampden has roughly 10,000 spaces for corporate and debenture holders and holds 52,000 which will be reduced due to segregation.

Not much in it, but aye, every chance that Hibs will get less of an allocation for this than we sold for the smi being held at 12pm on a Sunday with half a team sold or injured.

Argylehibby
18-04-2012, 11:40 AM

I think the point is that season ticket holders have the priority but if they want to do the same as many non ST holders would want to do and attend with a young family member the only way they can is to in effect lose the priority all together and take a chance of not getting a ticket at all.

Can you explain why you think that someone who paid £400 in April 2011 to watch this seasons football, giving the manager at the time the ability to use those funds to buy players, who possibly hasnt seen every game at ER but gets nothing back for the games they paid for but couldnt attend, has paid £400 this April to watch next season not knowing what division the team will play in exactly the same as someone who has paid £20 half way through the season to become a member and only pays at the gate for games they attend? If ST holders get 1 ticket then there will be enough left for members, other than waiting a few days more to get your ticket what difference is there? Infact if Hibs normal random way of distributing tickets is used for the final the later you buy the ticket the better the seat you get.

If memberships are available next year whats the point in getting a season ticket if other than a ticket for a friend for an OF match next year (if there are any) and a 2nd strip you don’t need there are no real benefits?

As I said before if the club were to offer those who have seasons for this year 1 ticket but a 2nd if they have renewed then I think it’s a reasonable compromise and rewards loyalty while also providing an incentive to some to renew.

Speedy
18-04-2012, 11:44 AM
I don't think it matters how many tickets season ticket holders get.

Maybe I'm missing something.

scott7_0(Prague)
18-04-2012, 11:47 AM
8096:greengrin

Albion Hibs
18-04-2012, 11:49 AM

Why not. ST holders were offered the chance of 2 tickets in the semi and no one was complaining, just because it is the final and everyone is wanting to go to this game should make no difference. I dont see why someone who contributes £X per year to the club should not be entitled to take someone along to the game, yet someone could potentially rock up to the ticket office in a general sale situation to buy one.

DH1875
18-04-2012, 11:49 AM
The logic is going on previous semi-finals and finals and supply & demand. Hibs will look to shift as many as possible as quickly as possible, whilst showing loyalty to season ticket holders, this loyalty will come in the way that they will reward them with an additional option for 1 more ticket.

Their reward is that THEIR guaranteed a ticket. No their mate. Why would they need to shift as many as possible ASAP? It will be sold out first day of the public sale. Like you said it's supply and demand but you can't go on previous semi-finals and finals. If we were playing Killie or Livingston I'd have no problem ST holders getting 2 or 3 tickets each. Know why, cause I'd still get one. As it stands, I have my doubts I'll get a ticket for the final.

wee 162
18-04-2012, 11:53 AM
I think the point is that season ticket holders have the priority but if they want to do the same as many non ST holders would want to do and attend with a young family member the only way they can is to in effect lose the priority all together and take a chance of not getting a ticket at all.

Can you explain why you think that someone who paid £400 in April 2011 to watch this seasons football, giving the manager at the time the ability to use those funds to buy players, who possibly hasnt seen every game at ER but gets nothing back for the games they paid for but couldnt attend, has paid £400 this April to watch next season not knowing what division the team will play in exactly the same as someone who has paid £20 half way through the season to become a member and only pays at the gate for games they attend? If ST holders get 1 ticket then there will be enough left for members, other than waiting a few days more to get your ticket what difference is there? Infact if Hibs normal random way of distributing tickets is used for the final the later you buy the ticket the better the seat you get.

If memberships are available next year whats the point in getting a season ticket if other than a ticket for a friend for an OF match next year (if there are any) and a 2nd strip you don’t need there are no real benefits?

As I said before if the club were to offer those who have seasons for this year 1 ticket but a 2nd if they have renewed then I think it’s a reasonable compromise and rewards loyalty while also providing an incentive to some to renew.
I think that would be a reasonable position to take. But, given Hibs history in distributing tickets it wouldn't surprise me if they allocate 2 per current ST and 2 if you buy one for next season as well. Which I fear would result in many Hibbies who go to games missing out, and our end at Hampden being rammed with day trippers who will come back after it complaining about the lack of atmosphere in the Hibs end whilst singularly failing to spot the correlation...

I'd almost be happier taking just the same 15000 who were up for it on Saturday in all honesty. And the reason for that is that I think the more passionate the support we have on the day the better chance we'll have of winning the game which is why we should be going.

persevere1875
18-04-2012, 11:57 AM
The attendance at that game was 44,000 iirc. There wasn't 26,000 Hearts supporters because that would have meant their end was more than full and it wasn't. There were about 20,000 Hibbies there. And yes, that will be about our allocation for this game. Hampden has roughly 10,000 spaces for corporate and debenture holders and holds 52,000 which will be reduced due to segregation.

Not much in it, but aye, every chance that Hibs will get less of an allocation for this than we sold for the smi being held at 12pm on a Sunday with half a team sold or injured.

Personally think everyone who had to endure that match and the trip back along the M8 should be rewarded with a nailed on ticket for this one, still cant erase the pain of that day from my head.

( tounge in cheek comment before I get ripped apart)

wee 162
18-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Why not. ST holders were offered the chance of 2 tickets in the semi and no one was complaining, just because it is the final and everyone is wanting to go to this game should make no difference. I dont see why someone who contributes £X per year to the club should not be entitled to take someone along to the game, yet someone could potentially rock up to the ticket office in a general sale situation to buy one.
A semi final against Aberdeen is not a once in a lifetime game. I've been to about half a dozen of them. And if all ST holders are all giving the same people as they got tickets for on Saturday it isn't an issue. But that isn't the way it will work. Boyfriends and girlfriends will be in peoples ears. Relatives will be coming across from Canada or New Zealand to see Hibs win it.

People who go to ER could miss out. And apologies if this offends anyone, but Hibs need to be looking after those who go to games, not those making the trip once every 5 years or so. And they aren't all ST holders. People don't buy STs for a wide variety of reasons.

Beefster
18-04-2012, 12:08 PM
My point is and remains that the club should be trying hard to reward those who go. Not just ST holders. Walk up fans are the ones you are liable to be able to change into ST holders.

And my point is that it's impossible for the club to reward walk-up fans fairly.

Everyone wants an arrangement that gets them a ticket. I get that.

DH1875
18-04-2012, 12:10 PM

Hold a minute. This is getting daft. So ST holders had the chance to buy 2 tickets for the semi, and what :confused:. I'm no a season ticket holder and bought 3 under my name using my data base number. Does that make me special? Does it duck. Took the kid to her first ever Hibs game. She has the bug and has already asked if we can go to the Hearts game. If had to be the bad man and tell her NO chance as there aren't enough tickets and I'll struggle for a ticket.

Hat's off to you if your a season ticket holder, wish I still had mine but YOUR reward for having a ST is that YOUR guaranteed a ticket for the final. Simples.

green&left
18-04-2012, 12:12 PM

At the same time though you also have the chance of someone like myself who could count on one hand how many games they've missed in 5 seasons, home and away including all cups. All because a season ticket holder wants to take his pal..? (First season since my first season ticket in the mid 90's I havn't bothered with one I should add).

It'll be Season ticket holders 1, new ST holders 1, Members 1, then the general sale.

The_Todd
18-04-2012, 12:15 PM
They're coming out of the woodwork now. A hun in the office is telling me he's going to the final thanks to ST holders in the family and as it stands he's got a better chance of going than I have. Not complaining, I can't afford an ST and that's nobody elses fault, but it does show that the ST+1's won't neccesarily be going to deserving Hibs fans, or even Hibs fans at all.

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2012, 12:15 PM

I was of the same opinion for the semi final as well.

It's quite simple your season ticket should and quite rightly so entitle you as a Season Ticket holder a guaranteed ticket to the final as reward for £x you contribute each year.

Anyone else including your best mate/dad/son/cousin etc who have not contributed £x each year to the club in the form of a season ticket should join the general sale. I really don't see how that is unreasonable.

jgl07
18-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Why not. ST holders were offered the chance of 2 tickets in the semi and no one was complaining, just because it is the final and everyone is wanting to go to this game should make no difference.

There were complaints on here that season ticket holders should be able to buy an unlimited number of tickets before public sale.

DH1875
18-04-2012, 12:17 PM
And my point is that it's impossible for the club to reward walk-up fans fairly.

They could have though. As I've already said, say 7k of the fans at the semi aren't ST holders. Even if you gave ST holders 2 tickets a piece you still have had enough to just about go to the 7k non st holders. Let's not forget that some of the 7k would get one of their ST holders mates 2nd ticket. Would have been plenty to go round (if that makes sence :greengrin).

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2012, 12:18 PM

ST should guarantee you as a ST holder a seat at the final nothing else!

Hibernia&Alba
18-04-2012, 12:23 PM
I was off the same opinion for the semi final as well.

It's quite simple your season ticket should and quite rightly so entitle you as a Season Ticket holder a guaranteed ticket to the final as reward for £x you contribute each year.

Anyone else including your best mate/dad/son/cousin etc who have not contributed £x each year to the club in the form of a season ticket should join the general sale. I really don't see how that is unreasonable.

Sounds logical to me, particularly in light of demand. If you're an S.T. holder (as I am) we'll get a ticket and rightly so. Put a limited number aside for members, advising a ticket can't be guaranteed and it will be first come first served. Then the rest on general sale where demand will far outstrip supply. Due to the unique nature of the game, I think we have to give many people as possible the chance to apply. Two per ST will leave very few for a general sale.

scott7_0(Prague)
18-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Two per ST will leave very few for a general sale.

Really? :confused:

I would guess 10,000 or there about will be available for general sale if ST+1 was a option. Hardly a few!

ALF TUPPER
18-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Lovin' the fact that so many people want to go to a game of fitba' to support the Hibees. :tee hee:

( Not just any game granted - but I'm casting my mind back - just a few weeks. The "i'm finished, I'm no goin back brigade" are all probably clambering for tickets) . :stirrer:

:na na:

wee 162
18-04-2012, 12:33 PM

Everyone wants an arrangement that gets them a ticket. I get that.
The club not doing it does not mean it's impossible, it just means that the club isn't doing it because they haven't made it a priority. Why are Hearts able to implement a scheme which will reward walk up fans and Hibs aren't? Why isn't it impossible for them to have a reasonable system but it is for Hibs? The last decade or so has saw Hibs at multiple cup finals and semis and with every single one of them the criteria gets changed and no system gets implemented which rewards fans who go to games who aren't ST holders. The club wants to turn walk up fans into ST holders, I get that. The way to do so isn't by ignoring them. Not everyone wants a ST. It's financially disadvantageous for anyone who can't make lunchtime/ Sunday/ midweek games due to work cause it costs you more than paying in at the gate does due to the games you'll miss. People may have childcare arrangements which mean they absolutely will not get to every game. You can't turn everyone into a ST holder, but you can recognise those that go and contribute towards the club. And you can make these people feel valued. I can guarantee that they don't at the moment when you have a class of some entitled ST holders who think their step budgie or Rangers supporting cousin are more deserving of tickets than they are...

The aim for every Hibby for this final should be to get as many Hibbies as possible to the game. And the more of a Hibby they are (as in going to games and putting money into the club) the better a chance they should have. I don't see how that should even be contentious tbh.

JimBHibees
18-04-2012, 12:38 PM

I would guess 10,000 or there about will be available for general sale if ST+1 was a option. Hardly a few!

I agree there would still be a sizeable public sale even if ST's got 2. All wont take 2 also so would still be 7-8k public sale at minimum.

18/03/07
18-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Hope everyone who is looking for a ticket for the final, will be going to the game this weekend

Hibernia&Alba
18-04-2012, 12:40 PM

What do we have, 7000 ST holders? Potentially 14000 tickets and then some need to be put aside for members. From an allocation of circa 21000 that doesn't leave a great deal for a general sale to a once in a lifetime match. I just think it's a good idea to open up sales to as many Hibees as possible on this. Bottom line is it just isn't possible to keep everyone happy on this.

carnoustiehibee
18-04-2012, 12:45 PM
First dibs should go to people with hibs tattoos, that should sort the men from the boys !

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2012, 12:46 PM
First dibs should go to people with hibs tattoos, that should sort the men from the boys !

Christ i have more tickets than i know what to do with now. :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
18-04-2012, 12:47 PM

Depends where the tattoo is :tee hee:.

scott7_0(Prague)
18-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Hope everyone who is looking for a ticket for the final, will be going to the game this weekend

Why?
IS that how it works?

Deal.... Upper right arm, current badge sine 2001. :-)

I agree there would still be a sizeable public sale even if ST's got 2. All wont take 2 also so would still be 7-8k public sale at minimum.

Jup, which is more than out current walk up qouta.

Beefster
18-04-2012, 01:07 PM
The club not doing it does not mean it's impossible, it just means that the club isn't doing it because they haven't made it a priority. Why are Hearts able to implement a scheme which will reward walk up fans and Hibs aren't? Why isn't it impossible for them to have a reasonable system but it is for Hibs? The last decade or so has saw Hibs at multiple cup finals and semis and with every single one of them the criteria gets changed and no system gets implemented which rewards fans who go to games who aren't ST holders. The club wants to turn walk up fans into ST holders, I get that. The way to do so isn't by ignoring them. Not everyone wants a ST. It's financially disadvantageous for anyone who can't make lunchtime/ Sunday/ midweek games due to work cause it costs you more than paying in at the gate does due to the games you'll miss. People may have childcare arrangements which mean they absolutely will not get to every game. You can't turn everyone into a ST holder, but you can recognise those that go and contribute towards the club. And you can make these people feel valued. I can guarantee that they don't at the moment when you have a class of some entitled ST holders who think their step budgie or Rangers supporting cousin are more deserving of tickets than they are...

The aim for every Hibby for this final should be to get as many Hibbies as possible to the game. And the more of a Hibby they are (as in going to games and putting money into the club) the better a chance they should have. I don't see how that should even be contentious tbh.

No, it's impossible. You're working on the premise that all the 'good' walk-up supporters are on the database. I know for a fact that that's not true.

Nothing to do with the club not wanting to do it. Just a fact of life - it's impossible to divvy tickets based on worthiness, beyond those who have joined a scheme (i.e. STs and memberships). Folk may not want to buy a ST for whatever valid reason but there's not really any excuse for a regular walk-up supporter to not have bought a membership if they were that bothered about getting to the cup final. The membership was created for exactly this type of thing.

Hearts already have an existing loyalty scheme so that's not really relevant to Hibs.

The sooner the hysteria about tickets is resolved by the announcement then better IMHO.

Edit: By the way, I have no issue with whatever the club do. My problem is with everyone gearing up to slaughter the club on Friday when the arrangements don't suit them personally. They're in a no win situation (apart from financially).

zlatan
18-04-2012, 01:20 PM
I have a Hibs tattoo but I've only been to the cup game against Ayr this season, how many tickets am I getting?

Hibernia&Alba
18-04-2012, 01:25 PM
I have a Hibs tattoo but I've only been to the cup game against Ayr this season, how many tickets am I getting?

One...........

For the Hearts end :na na:

wee 162
18-04-2012, 01:29 PM
No, it's impossible. You're working on the premise that all the 'good' walk-up supporters are on the database. I know for a fact that that's not true.

Nothing to do with the club not wanting to do it. Just a fact of life - it's impossible to divvy tickets based on worthiness, beyond those who have joined a scheme (i.e. STs and memberships). Folk may not want to buy a ST for whatever valid reason but there's not really any excuse for a regular walk-up supporter to not have bought a membership if they were that bothered about getting to the cup final. The membership was created for exactly this type of thing.

Hearts already have an existing loyalty scheme so that's not really relevant to Hibs.

The sooner the hysteria about tickets is resolved by the announcement then better IMHO.

Edit: By the way, I have no issue with whatever the club do. My problem is with everyone gearing up to slaughter the club on Friday when the arrangements don't suit them personally. They're in a no win situation (apart from financially).
"Buy tickets for games using your client reference number. This gives the club a record of your attendance and means we can attempt to facilitate you attending games when tickets are in short supply. We'd like to thank you again for coming to watch Hibs".

That's not an impossible statement either.

And yes, Hearts have an existing loyalty scheme. Because they've paid attention to stuff like this. Hibs wing it and hope that it sorts itself out. Hearts are slaggable for all sorts of reasons, but in terms of getting fans rewarded for loyalty they embarrass Hibs simply by caring one iota.

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2012, 01:32 PM
All ST holders like myself who don't agree with +1 ticket................Get the extra ticket (if that's what happens) and we will all band together to form a selection committee where we will accept applications for a ticket after certain criteria is satisifed. After a long and drunken committee meeting we will emit green smoke from a suitable chimney and emerge to announce the succesful applicants.

Who's up for it? :greengrin

easty
18-04-2012, 01:35 PM
All ST holders like myself who don't agree with +1 ticket................Get the extra ticket (if that's what happens) and we will all band together to form a selection committee where we will accept applications for a ticket after certain criteria is satisifed. After a long and drunken committee meeting we will emit green smoke from a suitable chimney and emerge to announce the succesful applicants.

What would make a chimney "suitable" for this?

Hibernia&Alba
18-04-2012, 01:37 PM

Sounds like a plan. It would be a strange coincidence if all successful applicants were attractive and female :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2012, 01:38 PM
What would make a chimney "suitable" for this?

Unblocked and cleanly swept :greengrin

Beefster
18-04-2012, 01:39 PM
"Buy tickets for games using your client reference number. This gives the club a record of your attendance and means we can attempt to facilitate you attending games when tickets are in short supply. We'd like to thank you again for coming to watch Hibs".

And yes, Hearts have an existing loyalty scheme. Because they've paid attention to stuff like this. Hibs wing it and hope that it sorts itself out. Hearts are slaggable for all sorts of reasons, but in terms of getting fans rewarded for loyalty they embarrass Hibs simply by caring one iota.

This is the last thing I'm going to say about tickets because it'll be resolved soon anyway and nothing we say with affect anything.....

Hibs don't have a loyalty scheme but do have the membership so I'm not sure how that is 'winging it'. It was made clear when the membership was introduced that priority for cup tickets was a major benefit (as well as the free game that effectively meant the membership was free). There's no excuse for a regular PATG supporter to not have bought a membership IMHO other than they didn't think that they'd need the ticket priority.

Sometimes folk just have to hold their hands up and say "I ****ed up. I should have bought a membership when they were available".

PS As a ST holder for about 15 years, if I don't get 15 tickets for my neighbours, milkman and postie then I'm going to lose it.

dangermouse
18-04-2012, 01:40 PM

I think the membership card may be the beginings of a loyalty scheme. With no admin costs when buying tickets on the internet or over the phone I suspect the club would want all of it's walk up fans to be a member which would entitle them to a cup final ticket when we defend the trophy at Hampden next May. Why walk up fans never took up the deal when it was offered is beyond me?

JeMeSouviens
18-04-2012, 01:41 PM
I ****ed up, I should've bought a membership when they were available.

easty
18-04-2012, 01:44 PM
This is the last thing I'm going to say about tickets because it'll be resolved soon anyway and nothing we say with affect anything.....

Hibs don't have a loyalty scheme but do have the membership so I'm not sure how that is 'winging it'. It was made clear when the membership was introduced that priority for cup tickets was a major benefit (as well as the free game that effectively meant the membership was free). There's no excuse for a regular PATG supporter to not have bought a membership IMHO other than they didn't think that they'd need the ticket priority.

Sometimes folk just have to hold their hands up and say "I ****ed up. I should have bought a membership when they were available".

PS As a ST holder for about 15 years, if I don't get 15 tickets for my neighbours, milkman and postie then I'm going to lose it.

Do milkman still exist? You must live in a posh area. I thought they'd become extinct.

ps. I ****ed up. I should have bought a membership when they were available

easty
18-04-2012, 01:45 PM

After the farce of Hearts dynamic pricing of season tickets, I don't think they can claim to be rewarding the fans!

Hibernia&Alba
18-04-2012, 01:45 PM
I ****ed up, I should've bought a membership when they were available.

I bought a pal one as a birthday gift and he's bloody glad of it now. Big favour he owes me.

Bad Martini
18-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Can I use stubs from the glory days against dundee utd, st johnstone and other such **** where we lost badly, at ER???

Pish. Uber fans everywhere again. Its no a competition. The st's will all get a ticket. The rest can be shared, as it should be....

Or can we all go and dig oot our first division, big tickets against falkirk and such like?? Mine are worse for wear though i do recall childishly writing champeeoneees on the falkrik stub when judas lied on the pitch that day. Ah never missed a home game that year so does that no qualify me for a ticket now??? Ah come on now...fairs fair. Actually, ill miss final anyway thus will retreat now for fear of reprisal due to no having the mandatory 37492623 old season ticket books and obligatory tattoo. :greengrin

The farm put it best....

GGTTH

wee 162
18-04-2012, 01:54 PM
I think the membership card may be the beginings of a loyalty scheme. With no admin costs when buying tickets on the internet or over the phone I suspect the club would want all of it's walk up fans to be a member which would entitle them to a cup final ticket when we defend the trophy at Hampden next May. Why walk up fans never took up the deal when it was offered is beyond me?
I can only go by the couple of mates that I'm looking for tickets for who don't have STs or memberships who I'm thinking about re rewarding loyalty. IIRC weren't the games the card would get you into specific ones or was that just the marketing (I never paid that much attention to it myself since I've got a ST)? They weren't at either if it was, both have jobs and small bairns which mean they're hardly there nowadays (about 8 times between them this season). Their first time of hearing about the membership scheme was when I mentioned it to them in the boozer. Neither are particularly net savvy so don't get information that way. By the time I mentioned it to them I also informed them that it hadn't worked on numerous occasions with other folk I know which resulted in a loss of patience and paying in on a couple of occasions, and missing around 20 minutes of the game the rest of the time after having to go round to the ticket office to get it sorted! It was hardly the salesman of the year speech I am aware.

And no, they didn't think we'd be in a Cup Final. They were going to games often enough to certainly not think that :wink:

JeMeSouviens
18-04-2012, 02:08 PM
IIRC weren't the games the card would get you into specific ones or was that just the marketing (I never paid that much attention to it myself since I've got a ST)?

It started off that way, but they kept extending it to the next match so I reckoned I could get one whenever and let's face it, the chances of needing ticket priority were waffer thin. Or so we thought ... d'oh!

Bristolhibby
18-04-2012, 02:38 PM

A big point you are missing is that Membership doesn't give you access to all the home games for the season. That's their reward, and as a fringe benefit they get first dibs on Cup and European tickets.

Membership (and let's not forget we invested £20 halfway through a miserable season), entitles us to priority booking for Cup games.

Now one per ST (inc new ST sales)
One per member
Rest of the punters have to prove their worth and que or hit the phones.

It's the farest way.

Also is a ST holder wants to sit with his Member mates, no problem IMO as all will be entitled to one ticket.

J

hibee_girl
18-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Hibs saying on twitter details will be announced on Friday

NAE NOOKIE
18-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Solution.

Rest go on public sale.

Hey .... hud oan mate .... I've got stubs from Hibs v Killie, Ayr v Hibs and Hibs v Aberdeen.

Perhaps the club should set aside one day for folk with 4 stubs, then folk with 3 stubs and so on.

My pal who used to go to games with me and had an ST for years until last season perhaps wont get a ticket, but she suffered the Ayr Utd League cup semi final a few years back and was at THAT semi too ( probably the worst 2 games in Hibs history ) she was also one of the glorious 7.000.

Perhaps she has lapsed a bit ( for a number of reasons, not all football related ) but she has paid her dues IMO and I would like to be able to get her a ticket.

Albion Hibs
18-04-2012, 06:45 PM
I was of the same opinion for the semi final as well.

I dont agree with the last bit. I am sure the good lady would quite like a ticket and part of me says she deserves it, she has put up with pash moods all season, constant complaints and moaning and of course me spending a fair amount of time on here!! I dont see anything wrong with a ST holder wanting to share the occassion perhaps with a family member etc. Remembering always that ST holders pay for the team that some came to watch in the semi and everyone wants to watch in the final...and of course that many could not care less about in most other games this season.

I can understand the point of view from those who are not in a position to buy a season ticket, I completely understand that but the reality is the stadium was never going to be big enough regardless of who we got in the final.

There were complaints on here that season ticket holders should be able to buy an unlimited number of tickets before public sale.

I definatly do not agree with that.

yeezus.
18-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Hope there is going to be another bus from Aberdeen for the final.

Can't wait.

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2012, 06:51 PM
I dont agree with the last bit. I am sure the good lady would quite like a ticket and part of me says she deserves it, she has put up with pash moods all season, constant complaints and moaning and of course me spending a fair amount of time on here!! I dont see anything wrong with a ST holder wanting to share the occassion perhaps with a family member etc. Remembering always that ST holders pay for the team that some came to watch in the semi and everyone wants to watch in the final...and of course that many could not care less about in most other games this season.

I can understand the point of view from those who are not in a position to buy a season ticket, I completely understand that but the reality is the stadium was never going to be big enough regardless of who we got in the final.

I definatly do not agree with that.

And there in lies the problem, wife/girlfirend who never go to games appearing at the final oh dear!!!! My apologies if she's a regular.

JennaFletcher
18-04-2012, 06:56 PM
And there in lies the problem, wife/girlfirend who never go to games appearing at the final oh dear!!!!

I'm so sick of this argument :rolleyes: There are plenty of people on here that never go to the games but want to appear at the final yet there's blame to be heaped on the WAGs for wanting to go to the final?

You can't differentiate part timers from part timers, they're all part timers! It makes no diff if they're a wife or girlfriend, doesn't make them any less worthy of a ticket than Joe Bloggs on here who never budges his ass or opens his wallet for the games throughout the season but fancies the game now because it's a big 'un.

zlatan
18-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Women just shouldn't be allowed to go to this game full stop.

Scouse Hibee
I'm so sick of this argument :rolleyes: There are plenty of people on here that never go to the games but want to appear at the final yet there's blame to be heaped on the WAGs for wanting to go to the final?

You can't differentiate part timers from part timers, they're all part timers! It makes no diff if they're a wife or girlfriend, doesn't make them any less worthy of a ticket than Joe Bloggs on here who never budges his ass or opens his wallet for the games throughout the season but fancies the game now because it's a big 'un.

I only quoted wife or girlfriend as the poster stated that to be the case, I'll rephrase if you like to any part timers or those who only bless us with their presence for big games. Is that better?:greengrin I'll even add Husband who wife is the ST holder.

Emerald
And there in lies the problem, wife/girlfirend who never go to games appearing at the final oh dear!!!!

But with a public sale tickets could go to people who don't even support Hibs. A guy at my work says he's going to queue up for them and he's a Rangers supporter.He's an Edinburgh guy who favours Hibs over Hearts but wants to go because of the historic occasion. Where does that leave us? And he's on the data base as he's bought tickets before!

The_Todd
18-04-2012, 07:05 PM
But with a public sale tickets could go to people who don't even support Hibs. A guy at my work says he's going to queue up for them and he's a Rangers supporter.He's an Edinburgh guy who favours Hibs over Hearts but wants to go because of the historic occasion. Where does that leave us?

There's a guy in my office who's a Rangers supporter who's getting a ST holders extra ticket. No matter how Hibs do it there will be non Hibs fans in the crowd while Hibs fans miss out.

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2012, 07:06 PM
But with a public sale tickets could go to people who don't even support Hibs. A guy at my work says he's going to queue up for them and he's a Rangers supporter.He's an Edinburgh guy who favours Hibs over Hearts but wants to go because of the historic occasion. Where does that leave us? And he's on the data base as he's bought tickets before!

Having the same arguments, there is differing opinions and a counter argument for very single one of them. :greengrin

The_Todd
18-04-2012, 07:08 PM
He'll need to be on the database will he not?

If it's only open to database fans then there's no worry on the public sale, given how much mumping there is on here that fans can't buy Cat A tickets normally.

I suspect it'll be a free for all though.

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2012, 07:10 PM
There's a guy in my office who's a Rangers supporter who's getting a ST holders extra ticket. No matter how Hibs do it there will be non Hibs fans in the crowd while Hibs fans miss out.

Assuming a ST holder gets an extra ticket you mean.

Hope the ST holder is pleased with his choice of recipient!!!!

JennaFletcher
18-04-2012, 07:11 PM
I only quoted wife or girlfriend as the poster stated that to be the case, I'll rephrase if you like to any part timers or those who only bless us with their presence for big games. Is that better?:greengrin I'll even add Husband who wife is the ST holder.

:greengrin

JennaFletcher
18-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Women just shouldn't be allowed to go to this game full stop.

So that means you're ruled out too then :greengrin:na na:

Alfred E Newman
18-04-2012, 07:14 PM
As long as the 7 or 8 thousand fans who have stuck by the club during this dreadful season manage to get a ticket, I couldn`t care less who else gets one.