PDA

View Full Version : No media

Ozyhibby
16-04-2012, 04:07 PM
BBC are reporting that we have stopped player doing media work between now and the final. Great decision if true.

ronaldo7
16-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Best decision if true.

Let's do the talking on the park.

CmoantheHibs
16-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Makes total sense.Closed shop without distractions.Let them focus on what is important.Also limits outside influence as the press have tried to stir up a lot of crap with Hibs when unjustified.

Hibbyradge
16-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Shocking decision.

Geo_1875
16-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Great decision as the press always ask leading questions and make up headlines around the players responses. Let them talk to Black, Webster and Zaliukas. They can prepare our prematch team-talk for us.

Saorsa
16-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Makes total sense.Closed shop without distractions.Let them focus on what is important.Also limits outside influence as the press have tried to stir up a lot of crap with Hibs when unjustified.Unfortunately I doubt it'll stop them stirring but at least we'll ken it's mair than likely a load of *****, no that it isnae usually that anyway.

Hibercelona
16-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Shocking decision.

How so?

I'd rather Hearts players made a big speculation of it in the media while our own players just focus on what they need to do.

hibee_girl
16-04-2012, 04:28 PM
BBC are reporting that we have stopped player doing media work between now and the final. Great decision if true.

Jim Spence said on twitter that they asked the club for a player to go on the radio tonight and comment but they said no as they want the players to focus on the relegation battle we have. He didn't mention the rest of the season but fair play to Hibs if that's the decision they have made :agree:

ac1
16-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Good decision I think if they do this for the final! Not sure about contractual issues with sponsers etc though.

I was going on and on about this exact thing to my old man coming home from the semi on Saturday - its about time we do our talking on the pitch and not through the media when we play Hearts.

I know it won't happen but I would also like less songs about Hearts before the game (hopefully we can sing during and after the game :wink:) - lost count of the number of times the Roseburn has been in full voice BEFORE the game then we are sent home with our tails between our legs after another defeat. We need to concentrate on doing our talking on the pitch before we sign songs about Hearts.

Beefster
16-04-2012, 04:40 PM
No chance it will be until the final.

--------
16-04-2012, 04:56 PM
No chance it will be until the final.

No. More likely to be until relegation's sorted out.

I'd expect this comes from the manager - good thinking, IMO. I notice McPake has been quoted as saying that the Kilmarnock match at the weekend is now the most important match of his career.

Golden Bear
16-04-2012, 05:11 PM
You can be sure that the Hertz Press & Media team will attempt to use the Hibs embargo decision to their advantage.

down-the-slope
16-04-2012, 05:36 PM
good decision...press will only want to talk about final (just look on here :wink:) which will distract and is disrespectful to teams we are playing in league

BEEJ
16-04-2012, 07:11 PM
You can be sure that the Hertz Press & Media team will attempt to use the Hibs embargo decision to their advantage.
It's only the players. PF will still be available to the media.

3pm
16-04-2012, 07:30 PM
I think it's a good decision in the short term. Everyone is high as a kite so it lets everyone calm down and gather their thoughts.

No big deal.