PDA

View Full Version : Mindset

Joe's ice cream
16-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Never is the mindset adopted going to be more important than the lead up to May the 19th. For some time now I have strongly believed that Hearts have held the upper hand over us regarding the approach taken to Derby games and how they will beat us- and to be honest its worked pretty well for them.

I have seen us almost mentally beaten by them during the warm up before a ball has been kicked.

As much as I agree that the final allows our players become the opportunity to become legends, I actually think that we should play more on the fact that this could be the Hearts team which fails and lets us break the hoodoo- the tables in my own opinion have to be turned back on them and let them live with this pressure.

You can do your bit in this, I have started at work today by informing any Jambo I know that they will watch a team that let us win the cup- I have been guilty of being to negative in the past- I am realistic about our teams limitations, but up until the 19th May my talk and thinking around this game will remain positive and upbeat- to use a well known saying from our neighbours - Believe!!

GGTTH :flag::flag:

Hibercelona
16-04-2012, 01:38 PM
You're 100% spot on. :agree:

It's a mental battle more than anything else.

We allow Hearts to play their mind games over us and like you say, we're already beaten before a ball is kicked.

The players preparing themselves mentally is equally as vital as them preparing physically.

They need to go out there and approach the game as winners.

degenerated
16-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Pat Fenlon noted after his first derby that a losers mentality prevails at hibs with regards to derbies. Now we might not be the better team but we as fans can't change that, what we can change is our attitude towards these games. Let's not get involved in petty bickering over venues and revel in slagging of our own. Let's get right behind the team and make sure that hibs lift that cup and ensure a victory for common decency.

Aldo
16-04-2012, 02:11 PM
I think it all goes out the window for this one tbh. Yeah there's going to be mind games and mainly from them. I want them all to go out and play and challenge for everything like its their last game every.

They might be.... On paper anyway a better team but come the 19th of May I want to stand proud and watch my team lift the SC.
( will have to watch it on telly in Egypt)