PDA

View Full Version : Kick on from here

Septimus
16-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Five league games to go so fifteen points up for grabs. Winning these games will not only make us 100% safe but will also might plant the seeds of doubt in some Jambo stomaches. Go for it Hibs.

HibeeEmma
16-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Having a look at the fixtures before the final, Hibs appear to have the easier run, hopefully resulting in higher confidence

Hearts - Rangers
Hibs - Killie

Dundee Utd - Hearts
St Mirren - Hibs

Hearts - Motherwell
Aberdeen - Hibs

Hearts - St J
Hibs - Dunf

ICT - Hibs (beat them last 2 times we've played them up there)
Celtic - Hearts (Celtic will want to get their own back after semis/ want to end being top of the league on a high)

JimBHibees
16-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Personally would be playing the reserve team in the last league game. On no account would I be risking some of our key players especially McPake, GOC, Sparky in that.

Can remember the last SC Final when Ginger Judas played a full team 6 days before the final and Sauzee got injured and was a shadow in the final.

stantonhibby
16-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Personally would be playing the reserve team in the last league game. On no account would I be risking some of our key players especially McPake, GOC, Sparky in that.

Can remember the last SC Final when Ginger Judas played a full team 6 days before the final and Sauzee got injured and was a shadow in the final.

Agree

I don't think that the results leading up to the final will have that much of a bearing on the game.

would be more worried about injuries - assume that as for suspensions the only way that a player could now miss out would be to be sent off for violent conduct in the last league game ?

Spike Mandela
16-04-2012, 03:42 PM
People seem to have forgotten we still have to take care of avoiding relegation. No room to ease off at all.

JimBHibees
16-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Agree

I don't think that the results leading up to the final will have that much of a bearing on the game.

would be more worried about injuries - assume that as for suspensions the only way that a player could now miss out would be to be sent off for violent conduct in the last league game ?

Yep and for that reason would play none of them in the ICT game unless we are still desperate for points which I hope we are not. I would play the team against Dunfermline on Monday 7th then keep them fresh for the final.

Bristolhibby
16-04-2012, 03:43 PM
We need to get security wrapped up.

Then we can talk about resting players.

Massive game v Killy on Sunday!

J

Franck Stanton
16-04-2012, 03:44 PM
People seem to have forgotten we still have to take care of avoiding relegation. No room to ease off at all.

The voice of sanity

The Sea-gull
16-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Does it not go without saying that we have the easier run in than them given that we are playing the bottom 6 teams and they are playing the top 6 teams? Unless the fact that they are in the top 6 is being considered a leveler when doing the comparison.

We need to secure our SPL status asap and then start to think about striking a balance between keeping players match fit while minimising risk of injury and ensuring they have enough rest when necessary.

Key men to keep fit for me are McPake, Osbourne, O'Connor and Griffiths.

JimBHibees
16-04-2012, 03:45 PM

We have 4 games until the ICT game so would hope we can make the last game irrelevant thus allowing us to rest the final team in that match reducing any chance of late injury or stupid suspension.

JimBHibees
16-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Does it not go without saying that we have the easier run in than them given that we are playing the bottom 6 teams and they are playing the top 6 teams? Unless the fact that they are in the top 6 is being considered a leveler when doing the comparison.

We need to secure our SPL status asap and then start to think about striking a balance between keeping players match fit while minimising risk of injury and ensuring they have enough rest when necessary.

Key men to keep fit for me are McPake, Osbourne, O'Connor and Griffiths.

Agree.

hibbybrian
16-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Five league games to go so fifteen points up for grabs. Winning these games will not only make us 100% safe but will also might plant the seeds of doubt in some Jambo stomaches. Go for it Hibs.

Unbeaten with a few clean sheets would do me :greengrin

Broken Gnome
16-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Get the win we need, probably two points would do it if one of them came against Dunfermline, as soon as possible.

Remember the games we've won have been late winners after blowing a lead. As good as that is, we still can't hold on to a winning position. That needs to change or nerves will be too much.

ancient hibee
16-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Once free of relegation bring in the fringeplayers.Don't expect Beattie or Black to play much-in fact I read that Black may have his op now.

truehibernian
16-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Once free of relegation bring in the fringeplayers.Don't expect Beattie or Black to play much-in fact I read that Black may have his op now.

I keep saying it before each derby, maybe for the big one the penny will drop. Stop Black, you stop Hearts. He is a terrific player, despite what we think, but only if he is given space. Twice he was involved in the build up for their opener, and saw his eye for a ball at Tynie for Beattie's goal.

Man marked, no space given, forced to play deep.

We will win the Cup......it's certain.

SaulGoodman
16-04-2012, 05:41 PM

Not to wish bad things on the laddie, but I hope it goes tits up.

cabbageandribs1875
16-04-2012, 05:43 PM

hopefully no complications set in after the op :( would be gutted for him if he missed the rest of the season