PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final Suspensions? (answer: none)

Frazerbob
16-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Been away so missed all the excitement. Can anyone confirm if either team has any suspensions for the final please.

Taz_hibee
17-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Sorry if already been mentioned, but could not see anything.

--------
17-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Sorry if already been mentioned, but could not see anything.

Don't think so.

Judas Iscariot
17-04-2012, 09:32 AM
No but he should be after that assualt on Ledley and then the deliberate handball...

Who gives a **** anyway?

He's a junkie lookin wee rat faced prick that'll be greetin intae his bingo come the night of the 19th :aok:

Hibs7
17-04-2012, 09:39 AM
He has been playing with a hernia and if he continues I don't think he will be fit in 5 weeks time. hope it hurts like hell.

Leithenhibby
17-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Just a quickie, is he available for the 19th?.... Aye or Nae :wink:

PaulSmith
17-04-2012, 07:59 PM

Aye. He's available to see his biggest nightmare come true.

Leithenhibby
17-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Aye. He's available to see his biggest nightmare come true.

:agree: if we are going to do this, lets leave no stone unturned and do it right.. :aok:

truehibernian
17-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Carrying an injury though.....they are stalling an op allegedly.

Leithenhibby
17-04-2012, 08:07 PM

Good. They will fancy their chances of getting into Europe via the league I'm sure, so a lot can happen in five weeks me thinks .....

TornadoHibby
17-04-2012, 08:08 PM

I believe that he is but he should have had a red card on Sunday for a straight leg studs up tackle onto the shin of an onrushing Celtc player which could easily have broken the guys leg! :agree:

CropleyWasGod
17-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Good. They will fancy their chances of getting into Europe via the league I'm sure, so a lot can happen in five weeks me thinks .....

So no-one has told them about the accounts?

Good.

17-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Yep, but apparently should have seen red in the semi !

Absolutely hate the dirty little rat but he runs the show in midfield and will no doubt be a big big player for them in the final. We have to keep tight on him, allow him no space!

Leithenhibby
17-04-2012, 08:12 PM
I believe that he is but he should have had a red card on Sunday for a straight leg studs up tackle onto the shin of an onrushing Celtc player which could easily have broken the guys leg! :agree:

:agree: That was a red ...

If he isn't you could always try Edinburgh Decorators.

:greengrin

So no-one has told them about the accounts?

Good.

No like you to call in the books .. :wink:

CropleyWasGod
17-04-2012, 08:14 PM
:agree: That was a red ...

:greengrin

No like you to call in the books .. :wink:

I'm no... I'm just hoping that they think they still have a lot to play for in the league, and go crunching into every 50:50 tackle between now and the 19th May. :greengrin

Greendub
No he's not, he picked up a yellow so rules him out of the final.

If I'm not mistaken.

easty

Just a quickie, I dunno if he's available for the 19th, but I do think he looks more of a cuddler than a quickie type...

snooky
17-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Let's not build up any of their players into some kind of threat.
If he plays, he plays. We have to beat whoever is in front of us.

Bring it on. :hibees

17-04-2012, 08:16 PM

If I'm not mistaken.

Yes but he hadn't picked up enough yellows in previous rounds for him to be suspended. There was about 6 hearts players who were only 1 yellow away from being suspended in the final and i'm sure he wasn't one of them.

CropleyWasGod
17-04-2012, 08:17 PM

If I'm not mistaken.

You're mistaken.:greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
17-04-2012, 08:17 PM

so is the Flabby Bearded one who scored on Sunday. seems to be hearts' physio's get out of jail card dishing out all these painkiller injections.

HibbyAndy
17-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Rat face will be getting snapped ( legit ) early in the game. FACT.

Leithenhibby
17-04-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm no... I'm just hoping that they think they still have a lot to play for in the league, and go crunching into every 50:50 tackle between now and the 19th May. :greengrin

:agree: My very thoughts ... The funny thing is, I'm now delighted that we didn't make the top 6 and the next time they meet us it's "winner takes all" :aok:

Greendub
17-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Aw well haha

Leithenhibby
17-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Just a quickie, I dunno if he's available for the 19th, but I do think he looks more of a cuddler than a quickie type...

I knew something like this was on the way once I posted ... :greengrin You did take your time mind ..

madabouthibs
17-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Can't believe there was 9 Yams playing the semi on bookings that would have missed the final if booked, and none of them got booked. I'm starting to believe in Ginger Whingers conspiracy theory! :greengrin

easty
17-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Can't believe there was 9 Yams playing the semi on bookings that would have missed the final if booked, and none of them got booked. I'm starting to believe in Ginger Whingers conspiracy theory! :greengrin

Grainger should have been booked late on for a tackle at the edge of the box, that would have seen him out of the final, and Black should have got a straight red.

But whether or not they're at full strength, they're nae world beaters, 6th in the SPL. I don't believe in bogey teams or jinxes, it's all about ability and mental preperation. We have a team who has enough ability to win, Pat Fenlon hopefully drills a winners mentality into them.

PatHead
17-04-2012, 08:33 PM
How many bookings does it take to get a ban? Black has 2 in the competition.

Leithenhibby
17-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Grainger should have been booked late on for a tackle at the edge of the box, that would have seen him out of the final, and Black should have got a straight red.

But whether or not they're at full strength, they're nae world beaters, 6th in the SPL. I don't believe in bogey teams or jinxes, it's all about ability and mental preperation. We have a team who has enough ability to win, Pat Fenlon hopefully drills a winners mentality into them.

:agree: Lets just do them, regardless of who they have available.

bruno
17-04-2012, 08:54 PM
How many bookings does it take to get a ban? Black has 2 in the competition.

That was his third booking. He'd already served a suspension. Has been subbed every week recently after about 60 minutes. Needs hernia op apparently.. Massive player for Hearts especially with hamill and adrian out for the season

PISTOL1875
17-04-2012, 08:56 PM
I hope to god that the only thing that little rodent will be painting maroon will be his effing toenails..

PatHead
17-04-2012, 09:08 PM
That was his third booking. He'd already served a suspension. Has been subbed every week recently after about 60 minutes. Needs hernia op apparently.. Massive player for Hearts especially with hamill and adrian out for the season

Sorry had looked at BBC match reports which only showed St Johnstone (1st game) then semi so I was living in hope. What other game was he booked in?

bruno
18-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Sorry had looked at BBC match reports which only showed St Johnstone (1st game) then semi so I was living in hope. What other game was he booked in?
He along with half the team was also booked against auchinleck talbot. He missed the replay against St Johnstone.

SneakersO'Toole
18-04-2012, 08:10 AM
It was reported in the Scotsman yesterday than Griffiths would have been out for the final if he had been booked for his celebration. I'm guessing this is the usual inaccurate Scotsman tripe as I heard nothing about this prior to the game?

Part/Time Supporter
18-04-2012, 08:14 AM
It was reported in the Scotsman yesterday than Griffiths would have been out for the final if he had been booked for his celebration. I'm guessing this is the usual inaccurate Scotsman tripe as I heard nothing about this prior to the game?

Wotherspoon was the only Hibs player on a booking.

I think Griffiths is close to a league suspension.

Billy Whizz
18-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Wotherspoon was the only Hibs player on a booking.

I think Griffiths is close to a league suspension.

Yup.
Am I right in thinking that a player sent off in any of the last 3 league games would incur a 3 game ban and thus miss the Final?

Part/Time Supporter
18-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Yup.
Am I right in thinking that a player sent off in any of the last 3 league games would incur a 3 game ban and thus miss the Final?

No, that's the English rules. Only someone sent off for a violent offence in the last game or two would be in danger.

jgl07
18-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Yup.

No it might affect SPL games at the start of next season.

A sending off for violent conduct in the final SPL match of the season would mean a suspension for the final.

Billy Whizz
18-04-2012, 07:38 PM
No, that's the English rules. Only someone sent off for a violent offence in the last game or two would be in danger.

Sorry I meant violent conduct. So players can still miss the Final. I think we changed the rules this season that wasn't just competition specific.

jgl07
18-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Sorry I meant violent conduct. So players can still miss the Final. I think we changed the rules this season that wasn't just competition specific.

A red card for violent conduct means a one match suspension in the next game of whatever competition. Any further bans through totting up points would be in the SPL. So it would hae to be the final league match of the season.

If Hibs are safe from relegation, I would expect a number of players missing the trip to Inverness.

PatHead
18-04-2012, 07:46 PM
He along with half the team was also booked against auchinleck talbot. He missed the replay against St Johnstone.

Thanks, explains it BBC match report for that game didn't have him booked. (Only 4 players were shown)

Damn,damn,damn again