PDA

View Full Version : I feel sick

sambajustice
16-04-2012, 09:42 AM
with worry!

and nerves!!

:jamboak:

There's still 5 weeks to go as well! I wish the final was today so we could just get it over with!!

im in total disarray!!!

Matty_Jack04
16-04-2012, 09:44 AM
I can't think of anything else it's brilliant I can't wait

frazeHFC
16-04-2012, 09:46 AM
It's all i can think about.

Hibby Bairn
16-04-2012, 09:48 AM
19th May is 5 weeks away and we will enjoy the week and game when it comes.

How about worrying about staying in the SPL meantime?

Hibercelona
16-04-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm glad its 5 weeks away.

They can pish their own beds for 5 weeks straight, because they know whats coming next.

Sean1875
16-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Ive got two weeks of revision and a week of Uni exams ahead of me, how the hell I'm going to focus i don't know :rolleyes:

JeMeSouviens
16-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Am building damage limitation:

"we're not 2nd bottom of the league by accident"
"obviously you're strong favourites with that wage bill"
"you don't go forty odd million in debt to win nothing, do you?"

The underdoggier the better suits me fine.

lyonhibs
16-04-2012, 10:27 AM
I do hope my work isn't expecting a very productive few weeks from me, as my mind is just full of the SC Final. I hope the players are being a little bit more calm though, as we've got SPL business to take care of 1st.

Going to enjoy the build-up for sure - anticipation rather than fear must be our mentality as a support.

Hibercelona
16-04-2012, 10:33 AM

We shouldn't be making any excuses for losing.

We're going to win this. So you should be thinking up all the slagging statements you're going to use when Hibs take the ultimate bragging rights home to Edinburgh.

ManBearPig
16-04-2012, 10:36 AM
It's crazy but looking forward to it!! Im glad there isnt too many negative gits on here as I thought there would be. We've nothing to fear! glory glory!!

JeMeSouviens
16-04-2012, 10:41 AM
We shouldn't be making any excuses for losing.

We're going to win this. So you should be thinking up all the slagging statements you're going to use when Hibs take the ultimate bragging rights home to Edinburgh.

Oh don't worry, plenty of those at the ready too. Predictably the Yams are setting themselves up big time. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
16-04-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm strangely confident, its our time we will win. :pfgwa:hibees:flag::flag::flag::flag:

LeithBoozy
16-04-2012, 10:55 AM
with worry!

and nerves!!

:jamboak:

There's still 5 weeks to go as well! I wish the final was today so we could just get it over with!!

im in total disarray!!! Dont worry my brother, we have nothing to fear but fear itself. No one thought we would get through the first round, plus we have a decent pair of strikers and they are good Hibbys. :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-04-2012, 11:16 AM
I'm glad its 5 weeks away.

They can pish their own beds for 5 weeks straight, because they know whats coming next.

Nothing new there if the stench that normally comes from them is anything to go by.

Dinkydoo
16-04-2012, 11:35 AM
A Hearts win yesterday was the result that I have been dreading ever since we beat Aberdeen however, as soon as it was confirmed that the final would be an Edinburgh Derby, I have felt nothing but confidence. :pfgwa

hibsbollah
16-04-2012, 11:49 AM

Exactly what im doing too :agree: Mind games is the only way to deal with jambo workmates. Aside from assault and battery or pisssing in their tea, obviously.

Bristolhibby
16-04-2012, 12:31 PM
I read a thread on Yakback, and am literally shaking with rage. And the game is 5 weeks away. FFS!!

Arrogant tozzers. They genuinely beLIEve that they have won it.

J

Pretty Boy
16-04-2012, 12:34 PM
I can't wait.

I've got the same feeling I got during Christmas week as a kid, only its 5 weeks away and this would be better than any Christmas ever.

Hibernian Verse
16-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Ive got two weeks of revision and a week of Uni exams ahead of me, how the hell I'm going to focus i don't know :rolleyes:

My first exam is the Monday after the game. If we lose...

Sean1875
16-04-2012, 01:04 PM
My first exam is the Monday after the game. If we lose...
I'd be more concerned about winning the game and still being drunk on Monday morning :greengrin

Yuillsy
16-04-2012, 01:16 PM
My 2nd child is due on the 3rd of May and all i can think about just now is the final!!! Does that make me bad???

Hibernian Verse
16-04-2012, 01:44 PM
I'd be more concerned about winning the game and still being drunk on Monday morning :greengrin

:greengrin been there done that and got a 2.1 in that course so I'm keen!

Hibernian Verse
16-04-2012, 01:44 PM
My 2nd child is due on the 3rd of May and all i can think about just now is the final!!! Does that make me bad???

Put off naming it until the 19th and have the middle name as the winning hibs goalscorers name.

LeithBoozy
16-04-2012, 02:11 PM
My 2nd child is due on the 3rd of May and all i can think about just now is the final!!! Does that make me bad??? You can always name the bairn May ya stotter, if its a wee lassie. If a laddie name him after the whole team Yuillsy. :greengrin

essexhibee
16-04-2012, 02:25 PM
From the moment I checked my phone to flying back to essex to typing this i have felt sick...and i still do. :greengrin

Its the thought of defeat, and having to be next to them and how horrific it will be. But then its that maybe, just maybe, win which will be the greatest moment in my life and a celebration to follow like no other.

Its so big a match i can't bare to think about it.

GraniteCityHibs
16-04-2012, 03:42 PM

:agree:

TrinityHibs
16-04-2012, 05:41 PM
The dafties in my office have been talking up their chances but underlying it all is a real fear of losing. You can smell it oozing out of their pores. They know Hibs never win the Scottish Cup. They know they are favourites. They know we have been poor this year. But yet they know that its a one off game. If we lose its what they expect with all the wee team nonsense. If they lose the football world changes in Edinburgh. If we win all they have left is their debt. Their is real fear and justifiably so because they are going to lose. I am always confident before we play them despite our recent record. If wee Pat gets the tactics right we can apply so much doubt that they will implode. Whats the odds of Black managing to stay on the park? Get right intae them and they will crumble. Yon boy Beattie looks like a fat Chris Boyd who only scored because teh goalie dived out of the way

HibbyAndy
16-04-2012, 06:03 PM
Ive waited my whole life for this, This is the stuff dreams are made off...Ive saw Hearts lift the cup twice in my lifetime , Yep could handle another hearts SC win..BUT there is not one Jambo alive since hibs won the cup...They can dress it up anyway they like but Hearts fans/players/backroom staff etc are bricking it.

CRAZYHIBBY
16-04-2012, 06:05 PM

You forgot to add .......we dont really care about that cup anyway
Or ....we,re not extending our trophy cabinet AGAIN!!

SneakersO'Toole
16-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Embrace the moment fellow Hibs fans as this won't happen again in our lifetime.

We CAN do this. Nothing but love, support and passion to the players and club between now and the game. And then they will do the rest and give us the one of the best moments in all our lives.

JennaFletcher
16-04-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm bruised like a peach from the semi-final from jumping around, hugging and bashing into everyone, and jumping on my chair with sheer delight with the Aberdeen fans sitting a few seats away looking on in disarray. I don't think I'll have any limbs or arms left if we win, I will literally burst out my body.

I'm going to do anything possible to get a prime seat this time again so that I'm with my fellow Hibby's celebrating right next to the tossers a few seats across :thumbsup: :aok: Hottest ticket in town.

sambajustice
16-04-2012, 07:44 PM
I could spontaneously combust at ay given moment!!! :flamed:

I hope this feeling goes away after a day or two then will inevitably return the week before the game. I cant go on like this for 5 weeks!! :timebomb::faint:

AFKA5814_Hibs
16-04-2012, 07:53 PM
I've been trying to put the Final to the back of my mind, then I keep getting the thought of beating them and the celebrations that would follow and wish it was the morn. Only another 33 days of this to go.

hibee92
16-04-2012, 08:03 PM
There hasn't being an hour passed that i haven't thought about it yet. The majority ending in the same result; a shake of the head after imagining them hammering us as the rain pounds the ground like a thump to the chest with every drop, then an overwhemling sense of what can only be described as euphoria after picturing the last seconds tick down watching the Hearts fans pour out of the stadium as we celebrate our 3rd goal in the blistering sun.

Then I have a drink.

B'Briggs Hibee
18-04-2012, 09:28 AM
I am a 36 year old married father of 2 and every time I think about this game I actually shake. I mean physically shake. Trying to cut down on fags which ain't happening. I well up every time I think of us lifting the cup. I fill up if I think we won't. Lost my appetite. Come what may I will be glad when its over cause I can't go on like this.

Juice-Terry
18-04-2012, 09:41 AM
I am a 36 year old married father of 2 and every time I think about this game I actually shake. I mean physically shake. Trying to cut down on fags which ain't happening. I well up every time I think of us lifting the cup. I fill up if I think we won't. Lost my appetite. Come what may I will be glad when its over cause I can't go on like this.

The pain you're experience now will be WELL worth it come 4:45 on 19 May!

'Mon the Cabbage!

Disc O'Dave
18-04-2012, 09:42 AM

I'm like that in the week leading up to a normal derby......thank god I've got to go to Germany for work for a couple of weeks in the next month.....it'll help disract me......

hibbycha
18-04-2012, 09:45 AM
am the exact same but am 44

Hibs7
18-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Nope, the build up and the banter are all part of the experience, soak it up it may never happen again in your lifetime. Enjoy it, make the most of it and when Hibs win the cup.......... celebrate like there is no tomorrow.
I know I am/will.

lyonhibs
18-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Nope, the build up and the banter are all part of the experience, soak it up it may never happen again in your lifetime. Enjoy it, make the most of it and when Hibs win the cup.......... celebrate like there is no tomorrow.
I know I am/will.

This. Loving it, especially being down here in a Jambo free zone. My English workmates are showing an interest, but none of them can possibly have an inkling of what this game means to us all.

Can't wait for it to come, but that's with anticipation, not fear/nerves. We've been buggered by Hearts on plenty of occasions before.

Not this time though.

GGTTH

ahibby
18-04-2012, 10:12 AM
I'm not bothered as I don't see what all the hype is about and I'm glad I feel that way otherwise I'd be shaking too. To win the cup you only have to win around five games and that's nothing. Compare that to a league title when you have to be consistent over 38 games and you see the difference. It's true that if Hibs win, I will celebrate a little but not as much as those who see it as a huge game. You know what would be huge, would be a league decider between the two, that would be just crazy. So follow me guys and relax, it's only a cup final, just another derby. Enjoy the day and hope for sunshine if we win have a pint and if we lose just shrug it off.

Hibercelona
18-04-2012, 10:15 AM
No shaking here. I don't sweat them! :take that

Hibs7
18-04-2012, 10:18 AM
I'm not bothered as I don't see what all the hype is about and I'm glad I feel that way otherwise I'd be shaking too. To win the cup you only have to win around five games and that's nothing. Compare that to a league title when you have to be consistent over 38 games and you see the difference. It's true that if Hibs win, I will celebrate a little but not as much as those who see it as a huge game. You know what would be huge, would be a league decider between the two, that would be just crazy. So follow me guoys and relax, it's only a cup final, just another derby. Enjoy the day and hope for sunshine if we win have a pint and if we lose just shrug it off.

You can come off the valium now.!!!!!!!!!
Not important !!!!! what planet have you been on for the last 100 years.
You must be the only person associated with either team that is not enthralled with the prospect of this final.
Deary me. !!!!!!!!!!

scoopyboy
18-04-2012, 12:12 PM
I was getting pretty edgy at times on saturday and hopefully I'll have something to be getting edgy about in the final as well.

Right now however I just love waking up in the morning happy in the knowledge that we are in the Scottish Cup Final.

It's a great feeling and I hope to experience it more in the coming years, one thing for sure is I haven't experienced it enough in years gone bye.

My advice - enjoy it rather than dread it.

DH1875
18-04-2012, 12:26 PM

I'll be clad cause all this stressing out and infighting about a ticket is doing my nut in. Are you still in Bishopbriggs? I'm looking for a camping buddy to head through to ER the night before any public sale if you fancy it :thumbsup:. (reason I ask is, I'm just down the road from the briggs).

stanton53
18-04-2012, 12:27 PM
You must be the only person associated with either team that is not enthralled with the prospect of this final.
Deary me. !!!!!!!!!!

Feel the same way as Ahibby,getting to the final as been a bonus in what has been a hellish season,as long as we dont go down I will be very happy,if we win the cup as well superb,but if we dont it is not the end of the world.

Hibernia&Alba
18-04-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm ok and actually taking a masochistic pleasure in the anticipation :greengrin. The week before will be a hard slog no doubt. Probably best I just avoid human contact completely in the last few days :worried:

wee 162
18-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Deary me. !!!!!!!!!!
If we don't win, the clock simply ticks over another year.
When we do win, their world ends.

Nothing to be nervous about. For us.

Hibernia&Alba
18-04-2012, 12:52 PM
If we don't win, the clock simply ticks over another year.
When we do win, their world ends.

Nothing to be nervous about. For us.

If only.

They get yet another chance to rub our noses in it.
They get to add another verse onto their 1902 song concerning how they continued it.
They become even more billy big baws about 'big club' status
They bring the goalscorers/entire team onto the pitch for every derby at Tynie for the rest of their lives.

Naw, naw, and naw again! This is our chance to get it right up them once and for all.

B'Briggs Hibee
18-04-2012, 12:59 PM
I'll be clad cause all this stressing out and infighting about a ticket is doing my nut in. Are you still in Bishopbriggs? I'm looking for a camping buddy to head through to ER the night before any public sale if you fancy it :thumbsup:. (reason I ask is, I'm just down the road from the briggs).

Yeah still in the Briggs mate but all my family are near the ground so don't think I have to go through for a ticket. The guy I am going with can get me one.

18-04-2012, 04:15 PM
If only.

They get to add another verse onto their 1902 song concerning how they continued it.
They bring the goalscorers/entire team onto the pitch for every derby at Tynie for the rest of their lives.

Naw, naw, and naw again! This is our chance to get it right up them once and for all.

:agree: I would like to be able to say "aww i wont care if we loose, wont be a big deal as its just another year etc etc etc" but the truth is I WOULD care, I would care very very much. It would be absolute agony to loose this final, not only is it a lose to our most hated rivals, but we have missed out on the scottish cup and instead have to hear about them parading it to tynie etc.

They would never let us forget it, and tbh it would take me a hell of a long time to get over it. This is quite literally a once in a life time chance to totally bugger them over, we just have to do it! Defeat is unthinkable, it literally makes my stomach turn! However when I imagine what it would be like to win, I actually find myself nearly in tears - it would be complete and utter ecstasy!

Win or loose, there is going to be tears, I just pray its tears of joy!

This is it hibs - this is your moment to put the jambos well and truly in their place!

Pete
18-04-2012, 04:17 PM
If only.

You've thought about that too much. It won't be that much worse than it already is should we lose.

Nobody I know is scared.

Hibernia&Alba
18-04-2012, 04:22 PM
You've thought about that too much. It won't be that much worse than it already is should we lose.

Nobody I know is scared.

I'm certainly not scared, but I can't see the match as just another year on the total. No way. I've never wanted to win a match so much. One way or another the emotional consequences will be extreme.

wee 162
18-04-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm certainly not scared, but I can't see the match as just another year on the total. No way. I've never wanted to win a match so much. One way or another the emotional consequences will be extreme.
First game after the takeover I wanted to win more than this. We didn't, yet I'm still here and so are Hibs.

I'm pretty serene about it in all honesty. Pretty confident of winning, and the huge dollops of schadenfreude will be a marvellous wee topping on the much more substantial cake of success.

Pretty Boy
18-04-2012, 04:41 PM
I'm excited but not hugely stressed.

My reasoning is simple: I've not really done any of the huge life changing things like getting married or having a baby so I could genuinely say winning the cup would be one of the best days of my life.

Losing would be bad but would be nowhere close to the worst day of my life, I'd be pissed off and down but I'd get over it.

essexhibee
18-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Anyone who says 'oh it doesn't matter to us if we lose' is kidding themselves. They will forever be able to ram it up at us how they beat us in the final of a cup we haven't won in so long. The game is huge, possibly the biggest in the history of the club? Their arrogance however could be their downfall. Its a massive ask for this team.

Sorry but imo failure is not an option. Its an unthinkable option.

hibsbollah
18-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Im loving it. Another month of excitement,fantasising about 25.yard volleys into top corners and winding up jambos at work with Macchiavellian mind games.

This is the biggest game ever.

RIP
18-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Im loving it. Another month of excitement,fantasising about 25.yard volleys into top corners and winding up jambos at work with Macchiavellian mind games.

This is the biggest game ever.

Balls of steel on the terracing (sorry girls)

We need to be as brave as a brave thing. Nae room for inferiority complexes, fear or nerves

If we man up - so will the team

If we keek our pants - so will they

It's down to us

DH1875
18-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Yeah still in the Briggs mate but all my family are near the ground so don't think I have to go through for a ticket. The guy I am going with can get me one.

Pitty, A well back to the drawing board. Need to find someone cause don't fancy going through myself. Are you going Sunday?

homielang
18-04-2012, 05:41 PM

No that just makes you a true believer. Make the wee one's first derby one for the ages. :flag:

Edinburgh Green
18-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Balls of steel on the terracing (sorry girls)

We need to be as brave as a brave thing. Nae room for inferiority complexes, fear or nerves

If we man up - so will the team

If we keek our pants - so will they

It's down to us

Totally agree! too many times have we lost matches against hearts because the fear from the stands has filtered through to the players. Everyone and I mean everyone has to believe we can do this!....whether we are a goal up and they are pressing or they have themselves took the lead, a confident roar from our end could be the difference in the players running that extra yard!

"He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat." Napoleon Bonaparte